You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

elmo

Ace

• "elmo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 11:37am

pooing query??

hello,

still breastfeeding both babies but whereas A poo's after every feed, F keeps going for days without pooing, now on day4, she is weeing fine but seems to have an awful lot of wind which really upsets her?

anyone know if this is normal?
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 11:49am

Yes, it's 'normal' for a breastfed baby to poo seven times a day or once every seven days so holding onto it isn't a problem. What I would look at is are the babies both getting the same amount of hind and foremilk? Do they have a breast each or do you swap them around? do you feed one before the other regularly or both together?

The reason I ask is that a lot of foremilk can cause windy tummies and green or explosive poos, it can present as colicky tummy upsets which could be an answer.... but..... more hindmilk would have a heavier casein load and would be more difficult to digest which could explain the constipation....

elmo

Ace

• "elmo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 12:04pm

thanks bells,

i feed them both at the same time and alternate them so they feed off the opposite breast each time. they usually feed for around the same amount of time each but F gets really fidgety and unsettled and i have to wind her lots throughout the feed. the only other difference with the way they feed is that F is a really gulper and drinks so fast she has to keep pulling off to catch her breath
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE