You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "MSH5983" started this thread

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Tuesday, September 9th 2008, 2:22pm

Breastfeeding sling - freedom sling

Hi, just wondered if anyone uses the freedom sling for breastfeeding as i'm thinking of getting one and just wanted to know if it is worth it or not.
positives and negatives are both welcome and would help.
thanx

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Tuesday, September 9th 2008, 8:40pm

RE: Breastfeeding sling - freedom sling

I didn't use that sling, but we have a babasling, and a baby bjorn, and tried both of those for bfing, but couldn't get the knack! I did have something called a baby babette, which is basically a big muslin thing, with a piece of ribbon that went over your head and round your neck, so it couldn't slip down, and you were able to look down to check your baby was latched on correctly. I was able to bf really discreetly, infact I was really nervous about bfing out and about, but this meant I was able to do it in public, in front of male family members/friends, where otherwise I wouldn't have felt comfortable doing so.

xxx

<

• "MSH5983" started this thread

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Thursday, September 11th 2008, 11:23am

thanks, will look into that last one coz im fed up of having to hide away for 1/2 an hour.

p.s. ur lil man looks so cute!!!

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, September 11th 2008, 12:00pm

I don't know if you can get them in the UK, (eBay maybe?) but my friend has one of these and thinks it's amazing

http://www.mammasmilk.com/

xx

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Thursday, September 11th 2008, 12:22pm

I had something similar to the freedom sling and never got on with BFing whilst bubs in it.
In fact, I never got on with the over the shoulder kind of sling what so ever.
DS just seemed so cramped and crooked in there.

During the early days/weeks/months i lived with my hugabub ( http://www.hugabub.com/ ) and popped DS out for feeds. It is possible to feed with him still in there but it was just as easy and nice to take him out as he needed changing after most feeds.
You don't need to take the sling off to feed, just pull the strap aside... It is also pretty good to cover yourself up if you are out and about and shy :)
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Michelle

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:01pm

I've been thinking of getting one of these Breastfeeding butterfly but i'm not sure about it. It's rather expensive and looks like it's nothing more than a couple of metres of fabric tied over the shoulders and around the waist. Is it worth getting one? Or are there any cheaper alternatives around?

I saw a lady using something similar in costa the other day and thought it was a good idea......me being a lady who lunches :D

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:09pm

mmm, looks just like a piece of material to me too! I reckon you could achieve the same thing with a nice pashmina - especially given they are saying it's not to be used as a sling.

Both MrsJ and I have recently bought a babasling which are currently being sold half price in TK Maxx - you can use them as a sling but also for discretion whilst b'fing. Can't tell you yet whether it works though (!)

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Michelle

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:14pm

I like the sound of half price! Will pop into TK Maxx tomorrow and see if they have one of those then. Otherwise, yes i suppose a pashmina would do the trick wouldn't it? I just like the idea of something that wouldn't be too fiddly to 'set up' in a hurry!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 7:54pm

I have indeed got a babasling and there are instructions with it on how to bf with baby inside it. I've seen those breastfeeding butterfly things Michelle and I didn't really see the point. it will still be cold when your baby arrives so a pashmina would be a good idea. Personally, if it goes right this time, I'll be so proud I won't care who can see, I'll be whipping them out everywhere!

MrsJ

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Monday, March 9th 2009, 7:46pm

Hi
I can really recommend the Mamascarf. It's a breastfeeding scarf and cheaper than any of the others I've seen. Aswell as being a cover and letting you feed discreetly it gives you a bit of extra support for your arm (not a sling though). I don't leave home without it. I did try a pashmina at first but did not like it as I couldn't see my baby and this allows you to see your little one while you are feeding. not sure of website but could try googling it x
*MrsJ * :-)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE