You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrsjasper

Megastar

• "mrsjasper" started this thread

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 3:40pm

Supporting breastfeeding

Geogies thread and Sunshines story has motivated me to try and do more in our surgery to support mums who want to breastfeed. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get advice to help us make our surgery more breastfeeding friendly?

Bells, I will definitely take your advice from the other thread on board.

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 3:42pm

I think the NCT do awards for best facilities, you could always contact them as they might have a list of do's & don'ts?

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 3:44pm

I was about to say that Gill, we have a breast feeding counsellor I am sure every sector has one that would be happy to help.

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 7:15pm

Good for you Mrs J wish there were more people like you! :D

I'd also go for NCT and the La Leche League have local groups too that may be able to offer some advice. Also what about asking some post-natal mums? Where I live there is a group specifically for breast feeding mothers to meet or maybe see if you can be a guest at another post natal group - I bet the woman would love a chance to have their say and I it would look really good for your surgery too if you can show you've involved mothers.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Primrose" (Apr 25th 2006, 7:18pm)

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 1:11am

good for you MrsJ!

a fridge for storing EBM (in case a mother has to pump instead of feed), an electrical socket, and a good supply of tissues will also help

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE