You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "Lexie" started this thread

Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 10:00pm

Grobag questions????

I've been putting the twins to sleep in their grobags which are 2.5 tog. I also put them in a short sleeve vest and a babygro. This morning my gro bagg egg thermometer showed a temp of only 14.6 which is far too cold. I cant leave the heating on all night because it would get too hot and although I do have a thermostat my heating is very unpredictable hence why we are getting a new boiler fitted this week.

My question is do I put a blanket/s on top of the grobag or will that make them too hot. I'm very confused as to what to do for the best. My house seems to get very cold though even though I have the heating timed to come on a morning and night. Im worried about overheating them and then I'm worried that theyre too cold so in a quandry about what to do for the best.
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 10:10pm

hmmm Lexie was wondering this myself. A's room was 21 degrees when we went up , we put the radiator on and it went to 23 which is the norm for his room. He's in short sleeved vest, pj'd and a 1 tog growbag. The temp's going ot dip tonight so we've left the radiator on but half covered it so not all the heat goes intot he room and it's a constant 23 now, which he'll be used to.

He stays at mum's Sunday night, which is colder, so there he has a 2.5 bad, vest and pj's and mum puts a heavy fleecy blanket over him if he is a bit unsettled.

The grobag advice is short sleeved vest at 23 degrees but he's comfy as he is, we've never had our house cool as we're a terrace and it's a warm house.

Difficult one hunni but 14 is def too cold I'd say and a blanket over them might keep them toasty warm thru winter.

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 10:39pm

I was just wondering this myself! A is in a gro-bag with a short sleeved vest and a baby gro underneath. The room is currently 15 and it's getting colder. Not sure what to do - am thinking I might just keep checking her to see how cold she is and then put a blanket over the top if she's too cold?

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 10:52pm

It's so hard isn't it? DD2 woke up last night and I am sure it was because she was cold I am so paranoid about her over heating, we are getting a new thermostat on our boiler next week so it doesn't hit below 19 at any time the heating will come on, but for the time being tonight she is wearing a vest, sleepsuit and a 2.5 tog gro bag which is really long so I have folded it over her legs, I hope she stays warm tonight!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 7:56am

I've been wondering about this. I love grobags but the arms aren't covered which bothers me, I couldn't sleep like that, but Mooch seems comfy which is what matters. We put more layers on underneath when it goes really cold, so a long sleeve vest under a babygro or pyjamas. We have no success with blankets as Mooch ends up at one end of the cot and the blanket at the other!

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 9:47am

Our room is 21 degrees they have a 2.5tog, vest and babygrow. We had the temp at 18-19 degrees and they were waking a lot in the night at 21 degrees they are comftable. We have had the radiators on all night and turned the radiator thermostat to 3 and this seems to be working fine.

My friends babies have been a nightmare since its been cold she has put her temp up to 20 degrees in her room and she had the best nights sleep in a week last night. I dont know about you but I find it chilly at this time of year at 18 degrees!
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 10:13am

All in ones are good (the long sleeve fleecey ones) plus I used long sleeve vests in winter. Blackout blinds help keep the warmth in.
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Lexie

Star

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 10:21am

Hi girls
Thanks for the advice. Seems there are a few of us a bit confused on the gro bag situation. I am getting a new boiler installed as we speak so hope that sorts the situation out. Have got no water or heat at the minute tho so its a nightmare.
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 1:06pm

I was trying to get J out of his grobag and use a quilt, but had a nightmare for a few nights and put him back in his grobag.

He is in his 1.5 grobag and I put a vest and pyjamas on him. If he wakes during the night I put a light blanket over him and so far he has been fine.

I really love the grobags as he is such a restless sleeper, he ends up the other end of the cot most nights! Think he will be in them until he is about 8 years old :snigger:
Gilly Me 37, DH 38, DH low sc 1st ICSI, July 2006 OMG :BFP: Born : 26 May 2007 bab22 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lexie

Star

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 9:06pm

Ha ha can you imagine the nightime scenario. "cmon son time to climb into your grobag" :snigger:

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Thursday, November 6th 2008, 3:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by mrsjasper
I've been wondering about this. I love grobags but the arms aren't covered which bothers me, I couldn't sleep like that, but Mooch seems comfy which is what matters. We put more layers on underneath when it goes really cold, so a long sleeve vest under a babygro or pyjamas. We have no success with blankets as Mooch ends up at one end of the cot and the blanket at the other!

i agree with Mrs J - long sleeved tops seem the way forward, out two love their growbags , we also use blankets and i wouldn't worry too much as ours end up in the most bizarre ends of the bed, or buried in the corners.

k
DAD to twins

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Friday, November 7th 2008, 9:49am

I use a long sleeved top, pyjama bottoms and a 1 tog sleeping bag as DS room is between 18-20C

Summer in Africa, T-shirt and 0,5 or 1 tog bags

If we go to stay in a cold cottage somewhere I use the 2.5 togs

DS climbs into his own grobag at the moment :P

We got a new (2 year old) boiler and keep it on low the whole time so the house is dry but not too warm.
It works a treat and the same cost as heating a room on full for two hours in the evening and one in the morning.
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Friday, November 7th 2008, 2:56pm

DD wont have a grobag and hasnt had one since around this time last year, we put her in a vest and long sleeved pj's with an all in one fleecy sleepsuit over it so that she stays warm.

She stopped having a grobag when she started walking as she kept getting caught up, falling and banging her head in the cot. I find fleecy sleepsuits are the way to go as she can still move around them in her cot totally unrestricted. Plus you can get them from Primark for the baragin price of £2.50!
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Friday, November 7th 2008, 5:04pm

Quoted

Ha ha can you imagine the nightime scenario. "cmon son time to climb into your grobag

Just laughing as my 2.5 year old will not come out of his grow bag even now he is in his big boy bed :snigger: I think it must be like a comfort blanket to him or something so he may well be 8 by the time we get him out of it! He wears vest, p.j's, grobag then has his lightweight duvet on top of that....we don't leave heating on though. His big bro an the other hand likes things a bit cooler and strips out of his p.j's every night and just had duvet.
When they were little babies, in winter we used short or long sleeved vest, all-in-one sleepsuit/p.j's then 2.5 tog grobag and that kept them cosy enough...we had an older property at the time and got quite cold so occasionally would tuck a cellular blanket around his bottom half too on very cold nights.
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

Lexie

Star

Friday, November 7th 2008, 11:50pm

Mayo - I bet he looks really cute in his grobag. Its so sweet.

Well havent really had too much of a problem with the cold now that we have a new boiler installed, its 10x better as our old boiler was 20 yrs old. Room is now about 19c now and sometimes have to turn he timer down about 8pmish as it gets too hot.

Still putting the girls to bed in a vest, babygro and gro bag and they seem comfortable enough.

I just need a adult one now :snigger:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE