You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

csam

Star

• "csam" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 8:27pm

Refusing milk!!

Hi

Little M has refused her milk the last few days :sadface: She's never been that keen on Formula TBH, but up until now was drinking up to 5oz AM and up to 7oz before bed. Sometimes she refuses the AM milk and doesn't always drink all 7oz before bed.

We've been mixing 2oz of formula to cow's milk to get the formula used up, but the last few days have tried all formula and all cow's milk but she point blank refuses it, arching her back,turning and twisting etc

Should I drop it all together and give her more calcium through her food?

I don't think she's teething ?( But her sleep patterns have been rubbish for nearly 2 weeks also. I don't know what's going on!

Any advice?

Thanks

xxxxxx

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 8:33pm

Have you changed the cup she has it in?

So long as she is getting enough calcium from her diet its not an issue.

csam

Star

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 8:46pm

Hi Rikva

No the cup is the same, she has a certain cup for Milk and a different one for water (she won't let you muddle up her system!)

I guess I'm not too worried about the calcium intake as if she's not drinking milk then maybe I can get more food in her.

TBH, the last few weeks have difficult, she's getting upset at meal times,waking in the night (used to sleep 7pm-6am), and now refusing her milk. I convinced it's not teething but wish it was really so I could get my happy little girl back :sadface:

xxxx

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 12:57pm

I'd put money on it that its just "one of those things". OUr little darlings go though stages when they change their patterns or when they don't want any change. If I'm right then I'm afraid that probably its just a case of grin and bear it. Sorry, thats probably exactly what you knew anyway and isn't much help x

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS Born 2002 / DD Born 2010

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 1:10pm

Hi C

I have always had the same battle with my DS, he has never been a huge fan of milk. What we do is either buy flavoured milk or mix in a little nesquik flavour and he is ok with that, is you really want little M to drink milk maybe that is worth a try?

xxx

Me - PCOS
DH - Poor Motility & Morphology........
ICSI 2001 - DS / 2009 - DD - Our family is now complete :) :)

csam

Star

• United Kingdom

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 7:24pm

Thanks Rivka and Chicks

Today was the same, couldn't even get the cup near her mouth.

I suppose I thought she'd be a lot older before she 'grew out' of having milk.

Seeing the cup seems to be a flash point now, so it seems pointless getting her upset before bed etc. I think I may just try for a few more days and if it's the same give her an extra yogurt AM and maybe try her with a small bowl of porridge at 6.30pm.

Thanks again

xxxxxxxx

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 8:23pm

Hi chicken.
One of my twinny friends babies don't have milk at all. When she stopped breastfeeding they flatly refused to drink milk and just have water from their sippycups and get their milk nutrients from their food. If its not just a phase and M doesn't get into milk again she'll be fine as long as your concientious about her diet - which I know very well you will be blowkiss

hope she's back on form again soon

xxx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

csam

Star

• United Kingdom

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 8:57pm

Aww thanks Suzy, lovely to hear from you, hope you and the pickles are doing well blowkiss

I think once M has made up her mind about something, that's it, wonder who she gets that from........... :innocent:

She's got a good diet,so all should be fine.My mum told me earlier that my little Sister gave up milk at 12 months.
xxxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE