You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Southcott" started this thread

Reg: Sep 17th 2007

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 5:26pm

Tongue Tie

I would be really interested to hear about anyone who struggled with breast feeding due to a tongue tie.

I am still having problems with breast feeding - detailed in my diary and in Help with breast feeding a fussy windy baby please! but basically feeding little and often and being very frustrated and still appearing hungry when coming off the breast.

Someone initially suggested reflux - which fits with the overall feeding pattern but when a NCT breast feeding counsellor visited yesterday she reckons he also has a tongue tie and is only getting a little bit at a time cos he is sucking, not feeding properly and so not stimulating let down. It also means he is sucking in loads of air.

Went to the GP today but cos he is putting on wght well and I havent had cracked nipples or mastitis they want me to see their breast feeding person before a referral.

Would therefore love to hear other peoples experiences in the meantime.

Thanks

Kat x
:cat:

31/1/08 - :BFP: Conceived naturally after 2 unsuccessful clomid cycles
08/10/08 - bab11 Arrival of Baby Alexander

:dust: May your wishes come true :dust:

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 6:19pm

Has he definatly had a confirmed diagnosis of tong tie? Does he move his tongue freely? Does he often "slip-off" the breast.?
If he's not been formally diagnosed, then I would take him back to the GP, and get him to look at him properly. If he has got tounge tie(and he may not do) then it can be easily managed with a minor procedure if it's causing problems.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE