You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• "Bells" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 11:31am

Parenting Chat

Hellooooooo parents :D

Here's a nice new thread for you. If you're a new parent then welcome, you'll find lots of good information and support on here. If you're a 'not so new' parent then thank you for sticking around, your knowledge and experience is vital.

The old thread is here, please have a look at the last posts so that nobody goes unanswered....

Parenting Chat

Thanks ladies, as you were.... 88)

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 1:10pm

RE: Parenting Chat

Awww, a shiny new thread, thanks Bells :D

Hope everyone is having good weekend? We went for a meal with dh's family, yesterday, which was nice, H enjoyed exploring the restaurant!

We have H's 12 month boosters tomorrow :sadface: (they are bit behind with appts!) Dreading it, tbh, but know it has to be done...

Just after advice/opinions! At the mo H has:
7oz milk, on waking.
Bfast (weetabix or ready brek, fruit/milk mixed in, and toast)
Lunch, usually a 'light' warm meal (cheese sauce/pasta/veg, scrambled egg etc), and a yogurt
Tea - Meat/fish based meal, with potato or pasta, and veg, or lasagnes/stews/shepards pies etc, and a yogurt (little rachel organic brand, so not having 2 yogurts with sugar in per day!)
Bed - 9oz milk.

He is getting really good with his beaker, so past few days we have tried giving am milk in this. He drinks abot 4 oz, then pushes it away,so then we give rest in the bottle. Thing is, sort of think this defeats the point of trying to encourage the beaker! So am thinking just go for what he drinks from the beaker, and drop a few oz's, if he won't drink more, as he is having lots of calcium throughout the day, and 9oz at bed?
Also, he is being quite fussy with his lunch, don't know if it's teeth, or just him asserting his will! He really likes sandwiches/toast etc, so am thinking of doing a lighter finger food type lunch, then his substantial meal at tea (He seems to eat this meal better, especially if he has fussed with his lunch, so am thinking maybe he would enjoy a sandwichy type lunch more, then eat his tea too?)

We are having major sleep issues too :rolleyes: H has been nightwaking for over a month now. Keep blaming teeth (he still only has 2!), but tbh, I'm not so sure if it is that!
He goes off really well. Then anytime from about midnight onwards, he wakes up. We have tried leaving him, his screaming just gets louder, and when we go in, he is stood up in his cot.
We have tried getting him back to sleep, sometimes this works, but can take up to an hour, but more often than not, after doing this for an hour, a few minutes after thinking he has gone back to sleep, he wakes again!
End result, he keeps ending up in our bed. Not ideal at all, the terms 'rod, our own back!' spring to mind!!
But tbh, we don't know what to do! We try to resettle him in his cot, but what with having 5am wake ups, the 13 hour days at work, or a full day looking after H ahead, there comes a point where we give in, as we need to sleep!!
Dh says he isn't sleeping well with H in our bed, where I do sleep, but not as well as I probably would, if he was in his cot!!!
We're both exhausted, and what with everything else these past few weeks, have no energy reserve, and go for the 'easy option'.
It's almost like he wants to be with us, as he will cling to our hand when trying to settle him and when he does come in with us, wants to hold our hands....is this a developmental stage related to separation anxiety, which will pass? or more likely H knowing how to push our buttons!!!? (probably the latter!!)
Tbh, I'm not sure what to do, thinking of cc, but think H will scream and scream and stand up in his cot, will he eventually exhaust himself, lie down and go to sleep if we try this????
It's also trying to find a few clear days, over a weekend, to give it a go, if we went for that approach, but think if we get these jabs out the way, then try it over the next week or 2? do you think is the way we should go? does it work with strong willed 13 month olds, who will stand up, and cry and cry and get themselves into a complete state (cos this is what I think H will do!)
Any advice/tips would be much appreciated by 2 very tired parents!!!

*sigh* keep wandering if this parenting lark ever gets easier!! You crack one thing (we've made great progress with toothbrushing this week!!), and then there's the next challenge!!

Apologies for the mammoth ramble!!

xxx

<

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 7:44pm

right.... where to start :snigger:

Ok, beaker wise A has 2 bottles like H, with water from a beaker all day. Not tried his milk from the bottle tbh as well I can't see the harm in him having one. Went to a friends this weekend ( had alovely time ) and her boy is 2 and a quarter and still has mornign and night bottles. Does he drink water thru the day at all hun?

Ok...lunch wise. Same problems with Alex, he likes finger food, or food he can feed himself with. It's him asserting his independence hn, but try it. Lately we've been giving him stuff that he can dip bread into.

Sleep....ummm. Well we had exactly the same issues with A, who now sleeps theu the night. CC hun, unfortnautely is he only option. Had to do it last night when DH was away and I was at my friends but eventually he settled. Actually last night a sssshhh thru the monitor when he started crying helped, not done that before. Get a weekend and try it huncos it'll be hard for a couple of nights, then sorted. Honestly I can vouch that it does work.

right off for my bath....speak soon - Hope that helps hun and the holiday sounds wonderful - Just what you need

xxxxi

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 7:53pm

Hi ya my 2 still have morning and night milk in bottles tried beakers but they will not drink any of it so going to stay with them till xmas than am going to throw them away. H is the age now where he has sussed that you will eventually come and get him and put him into bed with you, so yes I believe that controlled crying would be the best thing to do for him. I've been having to do this with my 2 this week as they've been quite unsettled.

Seb and Ruby have always had a cold snacky lunch and a hot tea, they like sandwiches, breadsticks fruit etc etc. At the moment they prefer to graze than eat big meals so I just let them get on with it xx

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 8:00pm

Hi Laura

Can't really advise re the bottles or milk, as M won't have either :rolleyes: I know my god-daughter had a bottle until she was 2 and a bit! I don't think it's a big deal TBH, I guess you have to weigh up what is more important, getting milk in or having a beaker.I think as with most things, they do grow out of things, but I know you know all this!

M has been faffy with food, we do the same, light-ish lunch and more substantial tea. I think it's probably a good idea to get them used to a finger food lunch, makes things easier when out and about, so I think I might let M do more self feeding,gives me longer to eat my lunch too :snigger:

xxxxx

compley

Megastar

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 8:15pm

Thanks ladies, I think cc is the way we will have to go, it's just so hard, and it breaks my heart, knowing how much he will be crying :sadface: But, I do know it has to be done, so I think we will get the jabs out of the way, then get a clear weekend, take a deep breath, and go for it!

The beaker, think we will see how he goes, over the next few days, and take it from there! Caz, he drinks water from his beaker really well during the day (think that's what prompted us to see how he gets on with his milk, as he was doing so well with the beaker!)

H woke a bit later from his nap today, so we did him sarnie for his lunch, which he loved, with a yogurt, and half a satsuma. He ate a big bowl of tuna lasagne for tea, and a yogurt, so am thinking we will give the lighter lunches a go!

Thanks for listening and helping ladies! I felt like I should be getting the hang of all this by now, but hey H is growing from a baby to a toddler, and as we all know, things seem to change constantly! And it's good to get adivice/views etc! (I ask dh, but he just turned round and said 'I haven't got a clue, you read up on all this/know all this! :rolleyes: bless, he is great, but it's me that does all the 'shall we try this with H/his routine etc....')!

All this worrying is worth it though, twice today he has come up to me, and made it clear what he wants me to do (which was open his beaker, and toy he has), and it's amazing to see how he is developing, and that this is another step in him communicating his needs to us!

xxx

<

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 8:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by compley
(I ask dh, but he just turned round and said 'I haven't got a clue, you read up on all this/know all this! :rolleyes: bless, he is great, but it's me that does all the 'shall we try this with H/his routine etc....')!
xxx

:snigger: My DH is the same!

It is amazing how quickly our LO are changing isn't it, and how they can communicate even without speaking.

Little M loves watching ITNG now, when it comes on, she gets all her INTG toys out and puts them by the TV.When it's finished I turned the Tv off and she burst into tears :bawl:

xxxxxx

Monday, November 17th 2008, 9:28am

A is saying the odd word now, sadi down earlier when he wanted to get down from his chair, and the new word of the weekends ' oh-oh ' how cute??

We were having issues with A not eating and throwing due to illness, got him a booster chair and new silver cutlery, well the transformation was amazing. I think a snacky lunch is the way to go as so much easier when you're out. You could always pack some sarnies. We find loads of play places etc have a boxed lunch so it's what kids eat, plus you get to take them home if they don't finish it :shush:

The CC is horrible, you have to be so strong. A does this noise where it sounds like he's being sick, but it's just temper. Try the going in and patting again hun a starter point and see if he'll settle that way.

Hi C and Lulu!!

Dh ome today but I have to pop out and we have a planner coming to look at our extension that's been there since A as born. typical council paper work blunder !!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, November 17th 2008, 11:05am

hello ladies, how are you all? i have missed tons of posts!

we have had a rough couple of weeks both of my firends are v ill. i took spud to the hospital about the lump in his neck and they want to scan it to try and find out what it is. H has had a cold and has very kindly shared it with the whole house, i just feel generally quite low. wish i could jusr snap out of it...im the luckiest person alive. why does everything feel so hard sometimes?

im going to try to catch up now,

love to all

k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 17th 2008, 4:12pm

:hugs: Cookie, things sound tough for you at the mo. Hope h is better soon, will yo have to wait long for Spud's scan?

Caz, thanks for the tips, he woke again last night, and came in with us, as we are shattered, but we are going to do it, just need to get a clear weekend, so we can give it a proper go!...I'm not stalling, it's just I thought it would be better if we have a clear few nights, where we are both around, and can do it together.

Off for H's jabs soon :sadface: not looking forward to it, but it's got to be done, hoping he will be ok, got one of his favourites out for tea this eve (butternut squash, potato and cheese sauce, don't know why, but he loves it!!)

xxx

<

Monday, November 17th 2008, 7:47pm

Hope the jabs went well hun. I think it's a good idea to wait till a weekend, partly cos you may need to take turns to rest the next day. A cried for an hour, both nights and only took two nights... you may get waking and crying thru the night so a weekends best... xxx

K - hope you are ok, not liek you to sound so low. Hope your friends are in good hands and you aren't feeling too fluey. Sending a big hug hun xxx

compley

Megastar

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 1:15pm

The jabs went ok, 2 minutes after they were done, H was playing with a toy and toddling round the room! And he has seemed fine!

After saying we would wait for a weekend to start cc, I came to the end of my tether today! Felt really down when I woke up, H had ended up in with us again. Came back from swimming, and something totally unrelated set me off blubbing, so I've decided, it's going to be even more tiring for a few days, but we can't carry on. So started cc with his nap today, took from 11.27-12.15, lots of sobbing and tears, but he fell asleep by himself! phew!!!.....I was in tears, but am going to plough on with it...I've posted in the sleep diary I started a while back, think I'll need that to help me get through doing this, it's going to be tough!

xxx

<

cookie

Superstar

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 2:16pm

it really does work very very well laura, i was up 10+ times every night with H and i had just had enough...i sent spud and dh camping and i had 2 nights of ignoring her and im not going to say it because i might jynx it but it aint too bad atm :P

its nice to see soem familiar faces in here :hello: laura and caz, has anyone heared from our kirsty lately? hope they are all ok

hope you are ok too sarah :hugs: lots of love to you and G
and of course to csam and little M too :] :hugs:
love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "cookie" (Nov 18th 2008, 2:18pm)

compley

Megastar

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 7:27pm

Well, H was quite tired this eve. I took him up early, as thought he'd take ages, with the cc, to settle, he was alseep in about 5 minutes! Beginner's luck probably!!

xxx

<

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• "Bells" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 7:30pm

Maybe beginners luck but don't knock it :shush:

:snigger:

one2b

Star

Reg: Oct 30th 2006

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 9:09pm

hi everyone, hope you ae all well. a new thread, ace!!

all very busy here, G is 1 on monday and we have his christening on sunday, there always seemd to be a lot going on at the same time dioesnt there!! G is doing really well, getting lots better at walking round the furniture and climbing over things...not quite brave enough to let go yet tho!

im feeling very up and down at the mo, think i have a lot of anxieties about the christening and the whole "first birthday" is mentally causing me a few problems too. also have been experiencing very vivid dreams about what else happened this time last year. ill get over it im sure, just dont really lke november/december much anymore.

xx

cookie

Superstar

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 10:25pm

hello everyone!

weldone laura, hope he has got the jist of it now...let us know how he gets on.

sarah, oh hun i cant even imagin what it was like for you when G was born, you are amazing and so strong you have an amazing son too a proper fighter, he takes after his mommy there:]...he is very like you i think...he is a credit to you and i hope he has an amazing christening and birthday, will you please post pics? i would love to see him on his special days
what is he going to wear to his christening?

H and spud are fast asleep, my sister has been here so i havent been able to watch enders, holby or im a celebrity :rolleyes: she talks so much belss her.

ill be on again tomorrow,

good luck tonight laura

love k xxx

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 7:48am

Morning ladies, I'm not gonna get a chance to read everything thats been happening the past week or so today, will try later when RR is tucked up for the night.

Sister went back home last night, was great seeing her etc. I had a great birthday very drunk t the point I puked and my sister had to spend a whole day after looking after me!!

Also lost my Christmas watch DH bought me last year drunk in a club in bloody Plzen on the Friday, cried like a baby I did. so he said he now knows what to get me this year. I'm still bloody waiting (6yrs) on my engagment ring :snigger: I was hoping I would get it this year.

Has been a mad few weeks for me anyway, my Nan has been back in hospital since a few weeks ago and now is quickly deteriating(SP) they said she possibly wont see Christmas, but with this chest infection, she has only gotten worse, so it's looking likely she'll soon be gone, they called my mum last night to say it's worse and could she go backk down as soon as possible. Bless.

Well I have my 'talk through' appointment next Tuesday to discuss TX etc before I sign forms to OFFICALLY before an 'Egg Donor', so more than likely I will be going through the whole DR/TX etc except this time it wont be for me, it will be for some gorgeous wanting family out there who can offer a child everything in life and hopefully i can help them acheive their dream.x.

Still didn't get a stitch bought for Xmas.

compley

Megastar

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 8:38pm

Sorry to hear about your Nan Mrs A :hugs:
I think you are a very amazing person, becoming an egg donor, and giving a couple the most wonderful gift ever, the chance to have a baby, a wonderful thing to be able to do.

Sarah, :hugs: hun, sorry you are feeling up and down, imagin things will flood back, and that will be hard, we're all here for you.

Well, H slept from 7-5.30 happydance !! Was at work today, so he had a sleep in his buggy, when dh's parents took him out.
Tonight, he took about 15 minutes to settle, me and dh are finding his crying upsetting, but we know it will be worth it, so we will keep going.

Shattered after work, and think af is on her way, which is good, as can start the clomid, but am feeling really tearful, and just feel really emotional, imagine it's the hormones, and in the next few days, will be taking something that will send my already 'making me blub, feel sad' hormones into overdrive, so uh, can't see things getting any better! Better stockpile the choccies!!

xxx

<

one2b

Star

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 8:56pm

i know hun, thanks but sometimes it feels better not to burden you all with everything. things no better today, G woke up at 12:30 last inght and would only settle in with us and dh went to emergency doctors at half 3, he has gatsritis! now i cant stop worrying about him not being well for hte christening and g's birthday! everything shite seems to happen at once and its getting me down.

im so tired today i think ive been running on fumes and ive had o do drop off, pick up, feed, bath, bed and story all on my own and now i have dishwasher, bottles, lunches and shower all still to do! had a very hard day xx

compley

Megastar

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 9:52pm

Sarah, this is all so hard sometimes, isn't it? I feel like I'm running on empty at the mo, and even when I get a good nights sleep, I'm still shattered, and as I'm always in 'catch up', if that makes sense?

Sorry, bit of a whinge there! Hope you are ok hun, and G is better tonight, and your dh is better soon.

xxx

<

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 8:00am

*hugs* to you both- you are both obviously in need.

I second the Chocolate point Laura ;D get a big box and we can all share them
:chocs:

It's windy as hell here, slthough I suspect you are having the same weather at home too?

We have a high of -1 and a low of -6 in the night set for the next week or so and of course snow to follow - I can only see a lot of days tucked up in the house soffing home made comfort soup and chunky bread on the side.

Ruby is still very sniffly, snotty and a little chesty causing a cough which only really happened over night, we have her apptment Monday so hopefully all will be ok, if not she'll be there sooner.

compley

Megastar

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 2:45pm

Sounds cold where you are Mrs A! Think we are set for a colder spell, in the next few days.
Hope RR is better soon.

Had a bad morning, put a post in 1-3yr section, poor H had a nasty fall, it was horrible, and I've been a blubbering wreck ever since ;(
Have bought some reins, and they've got abit misising, so have to return them, in the chaos of everything, I lost my watch while we were out *sigh* it really hasn't been the best of weeks! I'm sure part of it is hormones, with af on her way, and maybe being the 1st one after the mc, it's a bit worse, I just feel really tearful and emotional.
One of my friends, was really lovely with this morning, when I started crying, I said it wasnt just H falling, but a combination of everything, and she was really nice, and looked after me and H.
So, off to change the reins in a bit!

xxx

<

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 7:45pm

Hi all

Hope everyones ok, just popping on quick. A had his eye appt today and all is well, no turn and perfect vision, well I assume its fine anyway.
had a lovely morning in the park, then a sleepy afternoon ( both me and A ) he's been back to normal eating, sleeping, playing etc but blimey he's had a snotty nose for weeks !!!! We're constantly wiping his little nose bless.

posted in the 1-3's Laura, poor thing. Hoep you're ok. Lots of chocs in order. You know where I am if you need me

Sarah, Kerry, MrsA hi !!!

Not long till xmas peeps !!! :P

compley

Megastar

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 7:57pm

Glad A's eye appt was ok. Sounds like you had a nice day today, with the park and a snooze!

Thanks Caz, H's nose seems a bit better now, and I'm feeling a bit better too, got the reins swapped, so will try those when we are out.
Yes, lots of chocs sounds good!!

Xmas is flying round, think it's 5 weeks today!

xxx

<

one2b

Star

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 8:00pm

anyone seen mrs g??

compley

Megastar

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 8:17pm

Think Kirsty is mega busy with work, hope she is ok.

Forgot to say, the cc took about 2 mins for H to fall asleep tonight, and he slept from 7.45-5.40 last night!...huge improvement, hoping it continues, but not banking on having cracked the night waking just yet!

<

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 10:12pm

you know what Laura - you'll be surprised. They learn quickly, you may get the odd night of teething etc, but you may have cracked it. Took A two nights to get back to sleeping all night in his cot.

Spoke to Kirsty earlier, she's mega busy in work and home but fine, says hi to everyone. xxx

cookie

Superstar

Friday, November 21st 2008, 4:10pm

:hello: everyone!

glad H's nose is a bit better now, have you put his reins on yet???

caz, how is A? i think we are due some catch up photos soon mmmmmm

H has developed this VERY high pitch squeel and lies on the floor kicking and squealing for about 20 secs or so, only really in the last few days but it makes you wince and cover your ears when she starts, it is usually when you are taking something off her that she wants, like my mobile phone, or a remote control :rolleyes: do your babies do this??? is she just being head-strong dya think?

my sister keeps saying H is like her son .......only thing is he has ADHD

compley

Megastar

Friday, November 21st 2008, 6:20pm

Cookie, we took H out, with his reins today, sooo cute, we had to take some piccies, and here they are (oh, and a couple on the swings/slide, and a cute one of him walking at home!)

His nose is much better already, and think I've got over the shock!

We had to do cc for about half hour in the night, but we stuck with it, and again for his nap today, and I think it's going really well, am glad we started it this week now.

H has nappy rash, which he hasn't had before, we use sudocrem, but have bought some metanium today, as have read that is good.

Didn't have to work today, as no patients, due to a theatre away day, so we had to do ward resource packs, from home, which was nice.
Working an extra shift tomorrow, but it's extra cash, so all good! Have got another indian meal, so will ring when I'm on way home, and he will get it ready for when I get in, lovely!!!

And have started spotting, so af will be here in a day or two, so will soon be clomid time!!!...feeling better today, maybe the PMT has calmed down a bit, as af is almost here?

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

xxx

<

Friday, November 21st 2008, 7:57pm

Aww what a star, he's so lovely hun. Glad you;re feeling a bit better about things Laura.

You know what Kerry.... not sure if I've taken any photo's recently. Bad Mammy. I will soon and post though.

Dh out tonight so just had a fab bedtime with A. Feel like we've had a lovely day, even though I have my monthly migraine we've just had a lovely day playing and enjoying each others company. Oh and Tumbletots which he absolutely loves!!!

Going xmas shopping and watching the All Blacks on telly - Can't wait...[SIZE=7]wonder why :innocent: :P[/SIZE]

cookie

Superstar

Friday, November 21st 2008, 8:03pm

phwar caz, sounds great! :yumyum: (the rugby i mean :snigger: )

laura, he is absolutly gawwwwwwwwwjus! he always looks so happy he is lovely lurve

wow, so clomid starts tomorrow maybe?! how exciting! clap cant wait to hear all about ti, hope it is a short journey for you hun.

sarah, how are you hun?

love k xxx

one2b

Star

Friday, November 21st 2008, 8:05pm

love the new pictures laura, H looks toasty warm on a bloody cold day!

well, im wrecked,took dh to a&e this morning with his stomach at 2am, ive not slept since, been to work, shopping, collected G, bathed him and just put him to bed, i'm goosed!

feling very down, i should be looking forward to this weekend but im everything but!

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 9:02am

Morning ladies!!

Blowing a masshusive snow storm here we have around 10cms already - ekkkk, hoping that it calms down a bit later so I can take RR out in it as it's her first snow and she's chasing it with her eyes from the window.
Will have to wrap up warm though as its -2 out here in the sticks!!!

laura: How cute is your little man, gorgeous!!

Caz: I'm with you on the Rugby bit but only for the legs :P as I'm more swayed to football meself'.

Oneb: Hope you and your DH are feelign much better soon and hoping whatever it is he has passes soon.x.x.

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to peel bloody Butternut squash???

My hands are killing me and I have a huge blister on my finger :sadface:

(Am not allowed to post piccies on here anymore says my DH long story-but I'm really tempted to do so if I get some of Rubix later in the snow)

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 9:50am

I have a fab vegetable peeler that goes horizontal rather than vertical and it peels them great!

I cannot believe that my girls are nearly one :bawl:
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "melanie" (Nov 22nd 2008, 9:51am)

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 21st 2007

Children: Caeden 3yrs, Logan 15 months

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 10:53am

Hey!! :D

Im kinda back now, ive moved into my new house, been so busy last few week, with moving and then caeden was really poorly but everything seems to be settled now, my internet hasnt been connected yet but ive managed to get on someone elses wireless connection at min.. :shush: :innocent: hehe So not sure how long that will last. My internet should be on soon though.

Im going to go read some of the posts ive missed n try catch up in a min. Just thought id come say hello first :D

C is doing really well, hes growing up so quick! Having problems with sleeping at the min, last few week have been a nightmare, he goes to bed at half 7 but then will wake up crying anytime between 10pm-12am and i can not settle him, he will go back sleep but soon as i put him in his cot he cries again. Which has ended in him coming into my bed where he goes to sleep no problem. I have thought about CC but im not sure it will work with him, ive tried leaving him to cry and he just get louder and more worked up, he stands up in his cot and screams so much and makes himself cough, sounds like hes going to be sick. So then i have to go get him cuz i cant leave him crying like that. I dont know what to do, i dont really want him in my bed as i dont sleep very well. Im scared to try CC with how much he works himself up, is it ok to leave him crying himself into such a state?

Other than that he's fine and hes a very clever little man :happy:

Hope everyone is ok. Going to go catch up on what ive missed now :)

Simone xxx
Simone - 25 - Proud Single Mummy :D
Two beautiful boys and a little lady on the way!!

cookie

Superstar

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 4:30pm

:Dhello shorty! glad you are getting settled into a new house and you are both ok!

i had to do cc with H not long ago and it is stressful but after a couple of nights she got the hang of it. they do scream for a while and H did sound a bit like she was going to be sick, but she never was....how long have you been in your new house? could it be that the move has unsettled him and he needs a little time to adjust?

how jammy are you getting on someone elses broadband?? :snigger: clap

love k xxx

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 5:52pm

Hehe i know! I doubt they would feel the same if they knew! Ah well.. :innocent:

Yeah well i was thinking the move cant have helped and he does seem worse now but to be honest he's been like this for a good few week in the old house, just he wasnt waking quite so early then.. more around 3-4am ish. Im going to give CC a go. Im going to have to google some info, im not sure how long i should be leaving him. I dont know how im going to manage listening to him crying ;( but i have to give it a try! :rolleyes: xx

cookie

Superstar

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 6:18pm

it isnt easly but it is sooooooo wroth it when you can pop them in bed and they sleep through peacfully, and now C knows you will bring him into your bed he will try it on so he can snuggle up to you instead of comfort himself....they are so crafty these babies!

i found that by going in to H to lie her back down after 10 mins was fueling the fire if you like, it just made her more cross. the only way to do it with her was to just not go in to her, dont get me wrong i was in bits on just the other side of her door i was probably only 2ft away from her, but i knew she was ok, cross, but ok....not too hot/cold/dirty/in any pain....just cross that i wasnt playing her game. i had months of her not sleeping thru (6 to be exact :tired: ) and it took 2-3 nights for her to get the hint that night time was for sleeping.....i honestly wonder why i didnt just get on with it and try it sooner.....6 months of no sleep has made me have more grey hairs and wrinkles im sure thats whats caused them! :snigger:

see you again soon i hope :)

love k xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cookie" (Nov 22nd 2008, 6:20pm)

cookie

Superstar

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 2:21pm

lurve i am so proud!!!

my baby lady is bopping away to ABBA with me 88)

cookie

Superstar

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 2:36pm

....how did you get on last night shorty?

:hello: laura :D

compley

Megastar

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 3:53pm

Good to see you Shorty, sounds like you've been busy!! Glad C is better.
We are doing cc at the mo, and it is hard, and I've had lots of support from my fz friends. I was worried about H getting in a state, but we've had some major improvements, in a few days, so it could be worth giving it a go with C. Let us know how you get on, and we are all here to support you.

Mrs A, awww snow, I love snow!
We roast the butternut squash, as gave up trying to peel it!

Sarah, hope the christening went well, and I hope you feel a bit better.

Yes, the cc, well last 2 nights, H has slept through! He woke at 6am today, but we've had a full nights sleep, so we don't mind, and he will either have a cuddle with us, or play in the cot we have in our room, which we use as a play pen now!
Yesterday, both times, dh said he cried for a few seconds, then was asleep.

Work was good yesterday, but busy!!

And af arrived yesterday, so started back on the clomid rollercoaster, yesterday eve!! Feeling quite calm about it at the mo, sure that'll change in the next few weeks!!!

xxx

<

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 5:22pm

Evening ladies.....

Well we have proper crawling and no lazy scooting all day today :dancing: clap also caught RR trying to climb up the TV unit :no: hahaha I guess it's all go now!!!

Yep still lot's of Lovely fluffy snow her, been to chickent o actually go out though as it was -5 today. Took one look out of the window and thought Sod it no way.

Made a very tasty Chicken Risotto for me and the Rubes today and she loved it :thumbsup2: as did I when I threw some salt and pepper all over it :D

Needles tomorrow I think, but seeing as Ruby has been sick for the past week I doubt she will get them. I want her ears pireced tomorrow too. Bless her.

Rubix face is Bright red, burning and shes wingy, clingy and slobbery- Hope these teeth start cutting soon.

Well Finally lost my Nana yesterday morning, got a call just after I posted on here, she's been battling a long time so its for the best.x.x

So I may be making a visit back home for the particulars etc.

Cookie: Abba's great!!!

Good news with the Cc then Laura, I'd kill for a sleep through!!!

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 5:48pm

Mrs A - Ive posted on your diary. Re the butternut squash - I put mine in the oven for a bit to soften it, it makes peeling easier.

Shorty - Nice to see you back :hello:

Melanie - Where does the time go - sad but exciting at the same time.

Laura - He's gawjuss - so cute.

Cookie - You are a dancing queen.

Sorry if I've missed anyone x
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lexie" (Nov 23rd 2008, 5:48pm)

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 7:27pm

Hi everyone
Just popping on quick, wanted to tell Shorty that that sicky noise thing is normally ( at least with A ) the worst point and if you can just get past that bit, he'll stop. It'll take a couple of nights as Cookie said but honestly it works. It's blinking awful to sit and listen to it but we are all sleeping much better and A is happier not to have interupted sleep.
Has he got a toy or something cuddly in there with him, we found that helps, plus ssshing thru the monitor helped when we were away at a friends and he needed a little extra reassurance.
We had that waking at 10-12 too, it's got to be a phase hun.

Laura, good to hear you sounding so positive chicks. Am hoping this clomid journey is a short one for you.

Abba, well check H out !!! I was in the Abba fan club when I was 8 I think. :O

Hope everyones ok, MrsA you're going to need eyes in the back of your head !!!!

love to you all xx

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 24th 2008, 12:10pm

Sorry to hear about your Nana Mrs A :hugs:
Well done RR on crawling clap

Well, I really think this cc is good stuff!!! Last night, H grumbled for a 5ish minutes at bedtime, and settled himself, by 7.40, and woke at 5.50! Then for his nap this morning, again, a few minutes of crying, and then asleep! I can't believe how far we have come in a week!! Thanks everyone, for all your support, and I'll have to thank the Mum I was chatting to at swimming last week, who told me all about doing it with her daughter, cos she really spurred me on to do it too!
I'm not counting my chickens, know we will still have bad nights etc, but we now know that H can settle himself to sleep, and feel like we have taken a huge step forward with it all.
In hindsight now, alot of it was about me being worried/scared about how H would be, how long he would cry for etc, but he adjusted really quickly, and I think he probably settles himself better now, then we were in there handholding! (there were still tears then, and sometimes more, and for longer, than with the cc, and leaving him to settle himself!)

xxx

<

United Kingdom

Monday, November 24th 2008, 1:57pm

Hi everyone

Sounds like the cc is going well for you Laura :)

MrsA - Well done on the crawling clap Now the fun begins :D hehe

Cookie - Aww Abba! Caeden has started dancing last couple week, its so cute, his favorite is Rihanna.. he does love his girls :8o: :D bless him!

Caz - Thanks hun, yeah hes got a teddy in there and his singing star which i usually put on when he goes to bed, it doesnt seem to help much lately though lol

I did try to start it last night and ended up giving in ;( He sounds so upset and when i go in to lie him down again he just stands back up and clings on to me to pick him up. I dont know if i can do it :( He went to bed at 8pm last night and woke at 10pm, he refused to even sleep in my bed so i was downstairs with him til 11:45 when i took him to bed, he fell asleep with me then i put him in his cot and apart from a little cry around 3am he slept til 7am. So good that he was in his cot but i dont really want to be sat downstairs tiring him out til midnight. Im going to give it a proper try tonight though, i need to sort it out. Its just, when he stands up in his cot screaming and wont lie down, what do i do? Do i just leave him stood up crying? Its so hard, i was sat outside his door last night and it was breaking my heart to hear him sobbing n coughing like that. I suppose it will be better for him in the long run though..

I dont think it helps that he's teething at the min, i just noticed yesterday how swollen his gums are at the back on one side so that must be hurting him aswel. Poor little man.

Anyway, he's finally gone down for his nap, 2 hours late! So im off to tidy up now.

Hope your all ok :)

Simone xxx

cookie

Superstar

Monday, November 24th 2008, 2:17pm

i just wrote out a muhassive post and H pressed esc and it all disapeared :bawl:

shorty, stay strong hun, H used to cry standing up and if i went in it used to make her even worse, i found not going in at all the best way for us, if you think he is suffering with his teeth just give a dose of calpol when you put him down....try not to take him downstairs it easy for me to say it i know but if he thinks he is going to be allowed to play he will do it all the more, crafty little people. if you know he isnt too hot, cold, hungry, no dirty nappy, not in pain id say carry on. good luck i know it is not easy:hugs:

weldone RR on crawling! you clever little girl!

how is H's nose laura?

caz, how is A?

lexie, how are the twinnies? is dd1 home yet?

Monday, November 24th 2008, 3:47pm

Evening ladies!!!

Shorty: It's hard listening to the LO's cry at the best of times, as the girls have said stick with it and it will eventually paay off.x.x

Laura: You have done and been doing such an amazing job, seriously well done to you and your patience.

Cookie: am a nightmare for clicking the GO instead of POST REPLY button!!

Had Rubix checked up today and her first part of meningitis jab too, shes now 18lb and 69cms. 88)

Still no where near sorted for Christmas and I really need to get in to Chrimbo mood.

I have a question for you ladies please...

...At what age can I start giving Ruby frozen veg.

I'm buying fresh at the min, pureeing it, pulsing it and mashing it, but wondered if there will come a point she can just have the same as us?

cookie

Superstar

Monday, November 24th 2008, 4:23pm

hiya mrs a!

i have given H frozen veg on and off since she we started her on solids tbh....depending what we have in at the time. it is frozen quite soon after it is picked so the neutrients arent much different. from 6 months i gave H carrot battons to hold and chomp on, she took to it like a duck to water aand she can eat a chicken leg/steak/ ....anything really, as good as us, and she still only has 2 teeth :D start her young, youd be surprised how well they cope with a few lumps.

i like your red post mrs A, im trying a colourful post....whaddya think??? :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE :]
woohoo

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "cookie" (Nov 24th 2008, 4:34pm)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE