You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "SusieWinwood" started this thread

Reg: Jul 4th 2006

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 5:07pm

What a traumatic night!

Last night we fed Scarlett as usual at 6 and she never settled after that. She screamed and screamed which is so unusual for her as she normally only protests when she is having her clothes and nappy changed. She seemed in so much pain I called NHS direct and told them the problem. They asked a load of questions and then called me back. She seemed to have settled down a bit so nothing further was needed. Then she started again so I called the emergency doc. In the meanwhile we decided to go to A and E with her as the Doc hadn't called back. After a short wait we were called to the Doc and she diagnosed colic. I didn't realise that it caused so much anguish in a little one. We gave her some Calpol and that settled her but DH was up all night with her rocking her and singing Christmas carols to soothe her!

We got an appointment at the GP this am and he diagnosed colic as well and prescribed Infacol. He also said to give her a few teaspoons of boiled lukewarm water before her feed to relax the stomach.

She has been asleep all day and is almost back to normal. We slept too when she did as we were pooped!

I was in tears as I didn't know what was wrong - scary night it was.

Susie x

Me 39+3 ok
DH 39 Azoospermia
3xDIUI all BFN
Plan B AI known donor, 4 x BFN :tears:
:BFP: 22 March 2008! happydance :sticky:please

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 5:30pm

Colic is really nasty. When C was little he screamed non-stop from about 7pm till about 3a.m. Every night. For weeks! Colic tends to hit in the evening. MAssage and medication did not help. And then, suddenly, it cleared up! For those weeks though I felt I was in HELL! I got no sleep at night and could not sleep during the day - it was too hot (and that is when C slept his best)
So, I empathise. Hope that Scarlet will not have too many recurrences of this...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Ruby

Reg: Feb 13th 2007

Children: DS Mar 08 & DD Jan 11

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 5:31pm

Oh poor you!
It is shocking when they scream. James had a really bad night friday night for no reason and i put it down to teething, then Saturday he was really miserable and his temprature shot up. I still thought it was teething but called NHS direct just to be sure who told me to go to an out of hours GP straight away as i'd also noticed he was pulling his ears (i thought in frustration). Turns out he had a really bad ear infection and we got told off for not taking him in sooner! What a terrible Mum I am. I'm so cautious not to run straight to the GP, now i'll go the next time he sneezes!
Anyway, James also suffered with Colic when he was younger and I gave him Infacol before every feed, it really helped, as did massaging his tummy when it was really bad. Hope your LO is better soon!

R
x
Ruby
Me 36 PCOS
DH 36 OK
TTC #2
Met & 100mg Clomid

Shock Natural :BFP: after OV Drilling June 10

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 5:56pm

Hiya Susie

Sorry to hear that Scarlett gave you a fright last night! My nephew had colic and we had him one night to give his mum and dad a break was so tired but the boiled water thing seems to do the trick, then again I spose all babies are different.

Hopefully youll have a better night tonight. x

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: 1 son conceived naturally(no idea how) 1 m/c april 6th 2010:(

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 6:05pm

hi sweetie ds had colic for a few months the screaming, the pain and the crying (from me as i dh was working full time, so i was a stressed first time mum alone)
we tried infacol then dentinox then we discovered the wonder water from boots. apple flavoured gripe water it was a god send it worked so much better than the other things we tried. the doc can prescribe you colief(sp) which goes into the bottle a few hours before they drink it, never tried it but my health visitor raved about it. hope things are better soon blowkiss
:jilly:
ttc since july 2007.
5 x clomid no ov :(
april 08 to march 09 3stone 4lb lost
1 m/c april 2010 :(
our ttx journey has ended

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 6:54pm

my first had colic from 3 weeks until 6 months
first born, overseas, had to go back to work at 3 months - no wonder I got PND
he screamed for basically 5 months

later we discovered he was & is extremely allergic to dairy & eggs

if you are breastfeeding I would recommend cutting those out of your diet. if you are not breastfeeding then I would recommend trying him on soy formula instead of milk.

when I stopped b/f at 6-7 months with #1 and moved on to soy formula and solids, the colic stopped within days.

Reg: Dec 6th 2006

Children: 1 little boy

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 7:53pm

ooh susie sorry you had a horrible night, its so awfull when you just cant help them isnt it
xxx

TTC#1 4y
:BFP: 04/09 M/C

Lap 06 endo + scar tissue
Lap 08/07 laser of endo + adhesions

:BFP: 12/07 baby7Lucas born 11/09/08
Now TTC#2 since aug 09(please dont mention on fb)

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 8:30pm

Aw Susie, what a night, poor Scarlett, colic must be so uncomfy for them, hope the infacol etc helps, and she is more comfortable xxx

<

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE