You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jane april" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "jane april" started this thread

Reg: May 22nd 2006

Children: twin girls

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 7:54pm

sterilising issues

Hi guys. I use Dr Brown bottles and what I do is wash them straight away after each feed and put them in the steriliser then put it on, but sometimes the girls go longer than the 3 hours they stay sterile in the steriliser for especially at night so I'm having to put the steriliser on again and by the time I do that and then make up the bottle, they are screaming blue murder and sometimes dont feed as well cause they have tired themselves out. Any suggestions. It just that I used to prepare some bottles beforehand but someone pointed out that the Dr Brown bottles have holes in the lid and now im paranoid about keeping them out of the steriliser for any length of time.

[zx015]
Me 35, DH 34
DH fine, me blocked tubes and adhesions
1st IVF BFN,December 06 tubal surgery,2nd IVF BFN,3rd IVF :BFP: TWINS
5 frosties
April 09 ectopic pregnancy

bab10 bab10
our babies are two pink frillies

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 8:39pm

I have no experience with Dr Brown's bottles and no personal experience with formula feeding. I can only relay what I have known others to do which is to make up a bottle with boiled water as soon as the bottles are done sterilising and then adding the powder when they are ready to feed.

Once C started bottles (he was about 6 months) I used to have to make up his bottle of juice in the morning (I could still breast feed during my morning tea and lunch breaks as the creche was on the premises) and the bottle would be given at about 3p.m. and it never caused him any trouble.

I can't believe your steriliser says only 3 hours as mine (which is a microwave one) says that as long as you don't open the steriliser unit the contents are sterile for 12 hours.

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 9:20pm

Oi Mrs - stop the panic over ya Dr Browns :D I've told you they're fab bottles and I've used mine without any probs for the last 9 months. As long as the bottles are thoroughly, washed, rinsed and sterilised, you'll be fine.

What steriliser are you using? I've got the Avent one and it keeps the bottles sterile for 6 hours after sterilising.

You could always plug ya holes up with blu tack :snigger:
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE