You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GemH

Star

• "GemH" started this thread

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 5:50pm

Childminders - what should I be looking for?

Hi all

I have to go back to work in April as we're stony broke (credit crunch :rolleyes:). Ive been in contact with some childminders and am visiting the first one on Monday. Dreading it but it will only be for one day a week as dh, my mum and me can do the other days between us (technically well see how it goes). Anyway what should I be looking for as I havent a clue where to start? I know I have to look at an Ofstead report and Im hoping Ill get a general vibe (she sounds really nice!), is there anything else? Im loath to leave him but have no choice and Im worried that no one will be good enough in my eyes and itll cloud my judgement.

Thanks x

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS Born 2002 / DD Born 2010

Friday, February 20th 2009, 12:58pm

Hi Gem

It is hard leaving your little one but I think the thought of it can be worse than the reality, my LO has been with a childminder since he was 5 months old and it has been fine.

I think you need to feel comfortable around them and not feel intimidated (some tried to make me feel that they should tell me how to raise my child as they were experienced), my childminder is now a good friend and that really helps.

Here are some questions I used that may help you:

• What do you charge?
• What are charges for sickness/ holiday?
-child
-Childminder
• When paid and how?
• Any extra charges (Trips/ Playgroup)
• Are you Ofstead registered and Insured?
• Any Extra Qualifications
• How many children do you child mind?
• Pets/ Smoke?
• What food do you provide?
• Do I need to bring any equipment?
• How do you deal with bad behaviour?
• Where can child sleep?
• Do you take children out? Where? Any Regular Groups?
• Activities / TV (How much)

I hope that helps x

Me - PCOS
DH - Poor Motility & Morphology........
ICSI 2001 - DS / 2009 - DD - Our family is now complete :) :)

GemH

Star

• "GemH" started this thread

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Friday, February 20th 2009, 1:17pm

That is helpful thanks, I know its probably me and G will be fine just didnt know where to start with the questions. Thanks for those Chicks, George will be 5 months too. Think it might be easier than an older baby to leave him with someone else (for him not for me hes so tiny still!!). Neccessary evil.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE