You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "sharon77" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 8:31pm

Not eating veg, help

Hi every one

Evie-mae is 21 months old, from 6 months old she has eaten all my home made purrees :D

as she got older she loved all veg given to her, peas, carrots, potatoes, swede, even broccoli

for the past month or so she will not eat any veg, she seems to have gone off everything, even potatoes

she used to love fruit too, she will only eat bananas, pears and apples

she sits in her own high chair and has a childs folk and spoon, but she doesnt want them anymore , and eats everything with her hands

I am really worried she isnt getting enough veg, I have tried pureeing them again and adding sources to them, but she sicks it up
she wont even eat my yummy home made soups anymore :bawl:

HELP
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 8:47pm

Oh Sharon, I really don't know what to say. My Nuala has started to go off fruit she will only eat bananas. Daisy will eat any fruit you will throw at her but N :no:

The only thing I am going to do is keep offering it her and hope that she will start to eat it again.
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 10:53pm

Hi Sharon,

Some children can be so fussy with their foods.

I have seen many parents who don't know what to do and how distressed they have been.

Here are a few suggestions which may or may not work as each child is so individual.

Have you tried making pictures with the veg? This is easily done with raw veg i.e. carrots. You can make faces etc with them.

Make the plate look as apetising as poss using different coloured veg.

Only put a small amount on the plate i.e one 2 sticks of carrot. This will then be a small portion of her food.

Try to be relaxed about it when she's eating as she'll be able to pick up o your anxiety.

Eat when she's eating then she can see you enjoying the veg too.

What is she like with fruit? If she's ok with that then she should be getting a lot of vits and minerals from them.

Good luck and keep us posted.

:xxx3:

If you have any more concerns about her not getting enough of the right foods then speak to your HV.

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

• "sharon77" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 9:52pm

thanx mel and landi

i always put veg on her plate in hope she will eat something, i i try not to show im distressed she doesnt eat veg

It seems the more colourful the food the more she doesnt eat it,
she seems to like very bland looking food, ie fish, chicken, rice, pasta, which i know are very healthy but that really is all she will eat,

i will try making faces tomorrow , in hope that will help
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 9:56pm

xfingers

Children are so very different. all the things you hear and read are what have worked for that person's child or a child they know. Likes and dislikes are so very personal even for the smallest of children.

Keep going hun sounds like you're doing a good job to me.

xxx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE