You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Glitzy" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Tuesday, April 14th 2009, 9:18am

What would you do in this situation?

I am so disapointed by my boss i could honestly hand my notice in. To cut a long story as short as possible i have just completed a 3 month full time secondment in a job that i never wanted to do but agreed to as he told me he would pay me a minimum of £2000 as a bonus at the end.

So fast forward the most hellish 3 months ever and i go to him to ask what im getting for my bonus. He says £946 before tax!!! Meaning about £600 in my hand if im lucky, taking the extra childcare costs off you are lucky if i made £350 out of it. I told him that was not what we agreed when he offered me the job and he said his head has been minced and he cant remember that discussion and there is nothing he can do as the bonus is set of half the salary between my own job and the one i was doing for the 3 months. I told him there is know way i would have done the job for that money as it was very hard going and inflexible to me but as i knew he was stuck and i was the only person trained to do it and with the bonus i decided to do it. Anyway he is saying his hands are tied and as i trusted him and we had a verbal agreement i dont see what i can do.

He offered me a new secondment on my part time hours once again something he very much needs me to do and once again it was a verbal offer of a bonus at the end as my childcare costs will increase and i said i wanted them covered. I have now emailed him as wont see him and said due to his mistake with my original bonus i am not willing to do the new job under a verbal offer of a "bonus" at the end and would want the cash monthly in my wage and for something in writing now confirming it all.

I feel rotten as his wife has cancer and we all try and walk on egg shells so as not to stress him but in talking to colleagues i have found he has done this to a few people and its the same story every time - he cant remember the original coversation!

I am so annoyed as we booked ivf on the strength of having this money and i feel so let down and unappreciated. I know i done a good job he even said it himself but i am not getting what was offered to me to complete the job. Where do i go from here and do you think i have done the right thing re the new job?

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Tuesday, April 14th 2009, 1:42pm

RE: What would you do in this situation?

Oh, that's very unfair for you, after putting in all the hard work.

I'm not sure where you stand with things, re the verbal agreement, but I definitely think you have done the right thing re the new job offer, asking for something in writing.

xxx

<

Reg: Feb 4th 2009

Tuesday, April 14th 2009, 2:06pm

unfortunately verbal agreements stand for nothing, so i totally agree with you asking for something in writing.
I have the same kind of problems at my work, so i always ask them to email me so i at least have something in writing.

nic xxx

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Tuesday, April 14th 2009, 11:05pm

Glitzy that's really horrible what he has done to you.

WIth regard to the secondment you've just done I don't think there's anything you can do, like you say it was a verbal agreement.

If you don't want to do this new one he's offering you, then don't do it hun. But good that you have sent an email (don't delete it or any he sends you in response). I would def get it in writing if you do want to take up the second job - which understandably you would consider if the bonus was the right price.

If he's doing it to other people as well then it's just not ruddy fair. It is of course very sad that his wife is seriously ill and that people want to be carefl around him, but he can't mess with other people's lives like this. Like you said you wanted that money for your next cycle.

He will just have to learn that if he wants a job done then he has to make a written offer and follow through with any bonuses offered - oherwise people just won't want to help him anymore.

Just being a bit synical (SP?) for a second, would he use the fact that his wife's ill, to make people feel sorry for him and agree to do these secondments? I know that's not a nice thing to think about, but there are people out there who abuse people's kindness and caring.

Keep us updated and good luck hun.

xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 3:51pm

Thanks for all the advice. I am putting it down to a lesson learned. He is a nice guy but upgainst it himself re our budget but now i have no faith in him as my manager. It is wrong to offer someone a certain amount fo money, know they have trust in you and then do what he did. I feel for him for his home situation but if he cant cope he should be handing some of his worklaod over. I know he opened my email yesterday but as yet i have had no reply or phonecall. Will keep you up to date when i hear from him. Thanks again for the advice x

5 x ICSI b.f.n

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Monday, April 20th 2009, 9:57pm

Hi Hun,

Was just wondering if you'd heard anything yet?

xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 9:37pm

Hi Glitzy

just thought i would pop in and see if you have heard anything yet ?

hugs, nic xxx

p.s a date has been set for a meet up in Glasgow, sun 24th may. would be good if you could make it. n xx

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 9:45pm

Oh where is the meet up??

Well regarding the secondment i have done he just bascially refused to acknowledge he ever said i would get more than i got. Lesson learned on my part. The new one i have the agreement in writing and have secured the bonus payments quarterly instead of at the end of the placement. Talking to a colleague i have found out he has done the same kidn of cock up with her. Its just infuriating he can treat people like that. Anyway as i said lesson learned and it wont happen again thats for sure. Not with me anyway. I have not seen him since the day this kicked off so am dreading seeing him in monday as i still feel so resentful but will see how it goes. Its annoying as i felt we had a good relationship but in my mind he is not someone i want to work for now!!

Anyway on the plus side i now have a nice mon - wed 8-4 job no weekends and lots more money than i was on - cant be bad!!

Thanks for asking and let me know about meet up

xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 9:59pm

we have not got as far as where yet, keep a wee eye on the thread in FZ meet ups - scotland ladies for details.

Your best bet for monday is just to forget about it, you don't want to go in all tense 'cos it will just ruin your day ( not that any day at work is fun mind you :snigger: ).
I do that to my boss when she is being awful, i go in the next day as if nothing has happened, that way if she is still in a mood etc it is her that is being silly and petty not me ( and as she is old enough to be my mother it gives me a fair bit of satisfaction knowing i am being the bigger person ) She can be so hit or miss, we have a forecast as to how the weather if ( if it is stormy we know we are in for a rough day :P )

nic xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE