You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "picklesmum" started this thread

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Monday, April 27th 2009, 9:33am

Tax Credits

Wasn't sure whether to put this in here or the Parenting threads so have put it there as well.

I am due in 3 weeks (or could be before).

I have just looked on the HMRC site to see if we would be entitled to tax credit. It says we would be entitled to £1032 a year Child Tax Credit but nothing for Working, based on our household income. Now I did work full time, now on maternity leave (I know they class it as still being in work full time) and DH works full time. Our household income is £33,000 a year.

On the questionnaire you have to put your childs DOB, of course not been born yet but I think if I put the due date it comes up saying the date is in the future so I put the date as last Friday just to see what is came up with!

I am assuming you cliam within 3 months of your child being born, is this right? Can I just call up and get a claim pack or is it best to speak to them on the phone?

Also I am hoping to have at least 9 months off, hopefully 1 year but I won't get any maternity pay for the last 3 months. Then I am hoping to go back part time so obviously then my circumstances will change so would I have to base it on full time work or part time work, if I'm claiming when babys born I don't know how many hours I will be working?

Hope I have explained myself ok, I'm not the best at getting my point across!

I know its pointless trying to sort anything out before the babys born but I like to get organised!

Sorry for rambling on!

Thankyou!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, April 27th 2009, 9:43am

WTC will backdate any payments owed to you so even if can't apply until after your baby is born, you won't lose anything.

When you apply you will need to give them your income as it is at the time. After that, your circumstances will change a few times as you've explained and it's important that you call them to tell them every time. They will alter your payments accordingly and this ensures that you won't have to pay them anything back at the end of the year. I'd also suggest that every time you call them, you write down the date, time and who you spoke to. Also make a note of the exact details you gave them such as income and dates.

You could phone up for the form now, fill it in apart from your baby's DOB and have it ready to send off.

Monday, April 27th 2009, 10:08am

Thanks for that Bells, I'll call up today for a claim pack and take it from there x

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Monday, April 27th 2009, 6:21pm

tax credit only backpay 3 months any more months after that is unpaid. we lost alot of money with dd. we didnt start claiming until she was 1yrs old that was just due to me been lazy filling the forms in. but they only repay us 3 months

Monday, October 5th 2009, 4:19pm

Help with childcare (money)

When I go back to work and DD goes to nursery/childminder I know I have to let tax credits know of change in circumstance but how much do you have to earn (or how little or how many hours?) to qualify for help with childcare costs? Website says low income but how much is that?

**Admin/Moderator note - Your thread has been merged with one you already have on a similar subject.**

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "picklesmum" (Oct 5th 2009, 4:20pm)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, October 5th 2009, 4:29pm

The online forms will be able to tell you exactly what you are/aren't entitled to

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/paymen…on-how-much.htm

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/start/…dcare-costs.htm

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Monday, October 5th 2009, 4:38pm

Hadn't seen this-v.useful, thanks

• "Loopylala" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 23rd 2009

Children: Twins Roo & Seb

Monday, October 5th 2009, 9:34pm

Hi most of what I earn goes on childcare costs about £1100 a month and dh earns about £35,000 a year and we dont qualify for any help with child care, we just both do the childcare vouchers and they take the sting off it a bit!!!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE