You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Vegemite" started this thread

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Children: 6 yr old gorgeous girl, single mum now

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 4:41pm

CSA payments

Hello, my ex is contesting the amount the CSA says he has to pay- does anyone alse have any experience of this and is it likely to be upheld? I know normally it is based on net income so he thought it would be much lower having been on the website, but due to all the pre- tax perks he gets/ has chosen I guess they take that into account? What happens while it is appealed? does he have to maintain the payments they have told him to pay?

help please
K
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

** CLICK TO SUPPORT FZ **

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 5:03pm

:rolleyes: He doesn't stand a great chance K.

The rules are rigid and it works both ways, I mean if you were to ask for more the rules are the same, they base it on a % of his net income including bonuses/perks etc...end of!!

You know our situation, we've just had something similar as Planet Head gets a bonus each quarter which we thought/assumed/hoped (and prayed!!) wouldn't be included in the payments to the BTFL. Sadly the CSA said they are the rules and tough sh*t. He asked if he could contest it and was told yes he could, he has a right to, but there is no point because it's black and white.

If S decides not to pay or only part pay while he is contesting it, he will *have* to pay the difference as soon as it's decided.

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 5:53pm

I love you donkey!
thankyou!!!
xx
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 6:04pm

well I have a cheque for the CSA stated amount- i guess I just have to see how the appeal goes.

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 10:39am

oh K poppet - so sorry it has come to this.

Eeyore is right - basically tough sh*t... and works in both directions. that's actually one of the few good things about the CSA - no-one is happy with the outcome but it is hard to contest so people just get on with it.

Dee xx

Reg: May 5th 2009

Children: CARE

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 3:33pm

Hiya Vegemite,

I used to work for the CSA, basically he still has to pay the full amount until the appeal has been dealt with. What ever the reason is for the appeal the CSA will have to look into it and if they decide that it was the correct decision in the first place (which is usually the case) then they will write back with a refusal to supercede (which basically means that they are not going to change it) the CSA calculate maintenance off the NRP's net income (which will be 15% as you have got 1 child), they do include any bonus etc in the calculation. The bottom line is he still has to pay the full amount. Hope this helps hun xx
Dee xx

TTC: 6years
ME: 26 Blocked Tubes & PCOS
DF: 22 Border Line
Leigh & CARE Hospital
ICSI #1 June 2009 :BFP:
07/08- 1st scan two lovely :heart: :heart: seen!

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, May 23rd 2009, 1:59pm

Hello,

I got so fed up with CSA and payments.

DH's ex went to the CSA, even though he was paying by standing order to her. She doesn't let him see his child or anything. He was paying £400pcm to her. As he also has 3 other children and he was paying £200 for 2 of them and then £100 for the youngest, ontop of CSA.

I made him put all 4 children through CSA. The psycho's money got cut down to £20 per week! And now she's cancelled it and we've gone back to paying the others privately again.

When he called CSA and told them he wanted to pay for his other children through them they didn't know what to do as apparently people don't go to them wanting to pay for all their children.

It took them absolutely ages to sort out, and then they weren't even paying them on time. The boys' mum had to ring them up repeatedly before anything got sorted.

I found them completely unhelpful. They penalise parents who want to pay for their children in my opinion.

I totally feel for you Vegemite.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Mar 28th 2009

Children: 2 boys

Monday, December 28th 2009, 12:49am

i get £3.33 a week for 2 kids (not each btw) and that includes arears! :angry: bloody ridiculous. hes on the dole so they can only take £5pw off him although he works on the side etc
he never gives me owt.

as for the CSA he will have to pay til the appeal is sorted then it will be adjusted accordingly.
but saying that it took me SIX YEARS TO GET MY PATHETIC AMOUNT!! i only got that coz i got my MP involoved. unbelievable eh? :angry:

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, February 13th 2010, 12:01pm

Just been catching up on this and Poppit...OMG. That is horrendous.

I honestly cannot stand the CSA and neither can the boys Mum's. Whenever DH speak to them they're so unhelpful.

He's owed £180 from 2008 still and then £120 from last year (cos his employers sent 2 payments for no reason!!) Its been reffered to manual payments for the 5th time now and still nothing. They're very quick when they want to be but when it comes to actually paying out for either mother or refund they're so slow.

When DH was paying through them the boys Mum told us that even though they'd taken it out of his wages she still hadn't got it over 2 weeks later!!!

I'm tempted to get him to write to them and demand interest and stuff, the money they've got that they owe him is essentially the kids money for a month!!!

Good on you for getting your MP involved. It seems that they only do something when they can actually be bothered.

GRRRRRR!!

Reg: Mar 28th 2009

Children: 2 boys

Sunday, February 14th 2010, 8:00pm

they really are arseholes! defo go above their heads....the mp has clout as they HAVE to answer them..but they lose stuff when it comes to us!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, February 15th 2010, 1:33pm

It really is mad. They're a government agency FFS!!! The thing is that if they were just a bit more helpful on the phone people would be more tolerant. It winds me up that its the same for both, parents that pay get grief and parents that receive from them get grief!!

I will tell DH to write to the MP because it is rediculous. What gets me is that the money could be used to spoil the kids a bit more or take them out for the day or something, even just take them out for dinner!! Its all very well taking money to give to the other parent to look after the child but they do actually need to give it to them when they take it, not weeks later!!!

They must have a massive bank account from all the interest they collect while they're waiting to pay out what they've taken.

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Monday, February 15th 2010, 1:56pm

I WAS getting £14 per week for each child = total £28. It was taken directly from his wages and sent to the CSA who then paid me - it was always in dribs and drabs .... I got this amt for a total of 8 years .... in 8 years not once did it go up (altho im sure his wages did) and in those 8 years he sat in the local pub most nights and EVERY weekend - moaning that he had to pay for his kids when it should be my new husband paying for them as they live with us!!!

The payments have stopped now as the kids are older .... but i got a letter from the CSA Sept last year saying that I OWED HIM a payment of £136 because they took money on a week when it should have stopped!!!! I didnt even reply to the letter ... i WILL not pay them jack sh!t, he can swivel for the money - he hasnt visited/spoken/text/sent b.day cards or xmas cards to his children in 6 years ... and EVEN walked passed them into the local pub when they were walking towards him a few years back ... im glad we dont live there anymore so wont bump into him .... but if he thinks im paying him back the measley amt of money that he over paid he can think again. No Way Ho SAY!!!!!!!!

NEVER!!!!!!! X(

CSA - are Crap :D

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 8:17pm

Becky. OMG. That is disgusting.

You know what, it makes me want to punch the chief CSA man. [zx200]

They are unbelieveable. Actually unbelieveable. :rant: and this one too :angry: and even this one [zx170]

They need to pull their fingers out big time. Someone should really kick off.

What gets me is that its not just fathers or mothers who get a bad deal from them, its both!!!! If you want to pay for your children they're horrendous and if you're the resident parent they're horrendous too.

It actually makes me laugh at how rubbish they actually are!!

• "YummayMummay" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 4:02pm

Just came across your forum as I am having the same issue, but out of curiosity why has he got so many children.... I mean couldnt he keep it in his pants? Maybe the father should speak to the mother(s) directly, and at the end of the day theyre his kids and not yours so i don't see why there is an issue. CSA has been good with me so far... But I think from sounds of it you and him are blaming the mothers and not himself, maybe he should just learn not to produce sooooooooo many kids.... Rude as this sounds but this is me coming as an outsider, does the father actually have contact with the mother of the child(ren) or the children itself? Dont be hasty or sly just try and resolve this issue with the mother(s) :snigger: directly?

• "YummayMummay" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 4:07pm

also along with that, can you prove to CSA or anyone I dont know how it works, that you can provide proof of payment that you were giving the mother £400.... It all sounds abit off to me, why would that stop and why wont the mother let the father see the child or children. What is the issue?

Reg: Oct 19th 2006

What's Up?
Tech support is currently limited

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 6:16pm

YM

I don't know what other forums you have used in the past but on this one we would prefer it if you spoke to other members with manners, rather than comments such as you have made above.

I noticed on your other post that you do not want a lecture for weaning your child at 15 weeks, yet you came into this thread and made such a rude comment about another member's life when you know nothing about the circumstances.

Please, we ask that you are polite and courteous when discussing issues with our members.

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 9:18pm

Hi Yummaymummay

The FZ team responded to your post after complaints from a number of members, when such issues occur the team respond appropriately.

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE