You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

innad

• "innad" started this thread

Reg: Oct 9th 2008

Children: None as yet.

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 8:53pm

Urgent advice if poss! (Using canestan duo when ttc)

Hi all,

Am due to start DR on the 14th May. I have developed thrush, went to the pharmacy and bought canestan duo. Just read the leaflet and it says not to take the capsule if trying for a baby - anyone else had this situation? What didyu do? Am going to ring clinic tomorrow for advice, but was wondering if anyone had already had this issue, its driving me bonkers!

Cheers

Me - 31
DH - 30
TTC - 2 1/2 years
MF - low sperm count
ICSI June 2009 :BFP:
8 week scan - 2 :heart: :heart: seen!

20 week scan - bab22 bab22

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 9:01pm

RE: Urgent advice if poss! (Using canestan duo when ttc)

Hi Danielle,

If you really have vaginal thrush then this needs to be treated, and I am sure that this will have no implications of your impending treatment.

But you do need to tell the unit and get the final word from them. It can't be first time this happened I'm sure.

Lets us know their reaction.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 9:13pm

You can use the cream while pregnant but the tablets aren't licenced for use in pregnancy. That's not to say that the tablets are harmful but, because it's not ethical to test the drugs on pregnant women (or cheap to obtain licencing for products suitable for use in pregnancy) , they don't have licence to say that it's safe on the box. If you're trying for a baby then there's a chance you 'could' be pregnant so they're erring on the side of caution there.

So, as Paul says, although it's probably fine to take the tablet, it's going to reassure you to get the go ahead from your clinic rather than us. In the meantime, use the cream to reduce the symptoms.

Also cut down on your intake of sugar, sweets, chocolate, white bread and processed foods as these 'feed' the thrush. You can also take some Actimel type drinks or get some acidophilous from your health food shop as these encourage the growth of friendly bacteria which also help overthrow the thrush.

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 9:14pm

i have had thrush during treatment and was told not to use the pill and cream but to use the pessery and cream

as you are not having treatment yet i think your clinic will say anything is ok and it is best to get it cleared up

with anything like this it is always best to check with your clinic
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

innad

• "innad" started this thread

Reg: Oct 9th 2008

Children: None as yet.

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 9:22pm

Thanks for the responses guys, i'll stick to the cream until tomorrow morning and ring the clinic in the morning. Will let you know what they say.

x

Me - 31
DH - 30
TTC - 2 1/2 years
MF - low sperm count
ICSI June 2009 :BFP:
8 week scan - 2 :heart: :heart: seen!

20 week scan - bab22 bab22

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE