You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lindydawn" started this thread

Reg: May 6th 2009

Thursday, May 28th 2009, 1:37pm

will food poisoning/tummy bug ruin my chances

Please help

I am in despair,

I am on my 2ww (day 7). Yesterday I got really ill with fever, aches and mega tummy runs. My husband searched and found that as well as being sick, upset tum could be a symtom of pregnancy. However, it is still the same today and I think it is far too severe to be anything other than a bug or food poisoning ( it is very very bad diarrhoea- too gross to describe)

Has any one out there had or heard of anyone whose embryos survived an illness like this? This is my 4th full IVF; in addition I have had 3 frozen cycles. Before embarking down this route, I have had an ectopic pregnancy and 3 early miscarriages . 5 years on and not far off 40, I really believed this would be it this time. I dont think I can go through it again if this one fails, so am praying that my embryos still have a chance.

Thanks for listening
Lindy

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, May 28th 2009, 1:52pm

Hi Lindy,
It is very important you keep on drinking lots of fluids, are you managing to do that? You should also let the clinic know this has happened.
I don't think this would affect the outcome, the body is incredibly resilient. But I can understand what an awful worry it must be to you. So please take lots of rest, drink as much fluids as you can, and fingers crossed you will get that BFP in a weeks time.
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Thursday, May 28th 2009, 4:03pm

I agree with Mavis hun, I really don't think it will affect your chances. But is is really important that you replace any lost fluids, especially if you've had frequent, watery bouts of diarrhoea. You need to try and drink as much water as you can - if this is going straight through please give your clinic a call as they will be able to give you advice on what you can and can't take to stop it.

Paracetamol will be fine to take to bring down your temperature, it will also ease your aches.

I hope you feel better soon :xxx3:

Moonshine

• "lindydawn" started this thread

Reg: May 6th 2009

Friday, May 29th 2009, 3:55pm

Thanks so much for your prompt replies. I am drinking the rehydration stuff suggested by the dr and today, so far have managed to keep banana and a little dry bread in. Still dont feel too well but am on the mend. I am back on track, thinking it is possible that i could still be pregnant. As long as I have some hope, I can survive the 2ww. It is when the hopes are dashed that I cannot cope-I am sure you are both the same. Thanks again for being there. I am finding this site invaluable for info; now I need to get up the confidence to reply to some other peoples' questions and help them, after all - I am an old hand at this IVF malarky! Lindy newshy

Scarlett

Superstar

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Friday, May 29th 2009, 4:09pm

Hi Linds,

I see you're in the Emirates, one of my old stomping grounds. Can you face any 'Laban Up'? I know people either love it or hate it, but it's good for replacing your salts.

Take care hon and rest up like the girls say. xxx

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

Soooz

Star

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 2 sons - Natural shock 99 & ICSI miracle 04

Friday, May 29th 2009, 4:38pm

Hi Linds - when i did my first icsi in 2003 i had severe food poisoning 3 days before my blood test - i was that ill i was convinced it hadnt work but it did. The body is very resilient and just like in early pregnancies the embie/foetus takes what it needs.

:goodluck: xxx
:flowerbasket:

Proud mum to two sons - natural unexpected in 1999 :8o: and ICSI in 2004 : D

We must let go of the life we had planned;
to have the life waiting for us

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE