You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rivka

• "Rivka" started this thread

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 8:43pm

Was dry - now wetting

Plum has been dry for near on a year now but for the last month she has reverted almost completely to incontinence (the sort wet and to a lesser degree the messy!).

This began when she started going for a couple of mornings a week at nursery, they left her wet one day, she got sore and has subsequently become fearful of sitting down to wee as it may sting.

The soreness has long ago passed but the wetting has not. Its almost like we are back at stage one and I just don't know what to do. The thought of starting the whole process again fills me with despair but of course I'll do it if thats what it takes. Its definitely psychological but what to do?

Rivka

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 9:34pm

Found this which is quite useful. Education and resources for improving childhood continence.

http://www.eric.org.uk/

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 11:18pm

Aww poor love.

Thanks for the link Rivka, there is a great deal of brilliant advice there.

I hope Plum is soon back to her old self x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Rivka

Friday, June 5th 2009, 8:16am

Well this coming weekend we are giving the bribery route a try :rolleyes: If she can go the whole weekend without accident (and of course if she is a good girl) she will get a scooter. I'm making an appointment for ehr to see the doc in case there is an infection, which I'm ashamed to say I hadn't even considered until I read that website.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, June 5th 2009, 8:20am

We did the same about 6 months ago Riv and the Dr ruled out an infection, we hadn't considered it either..well you don't, do you??

Planet Head took him back to see the GP on Monday, who is really not interested and that bothers me greatly. Little one is just 6 now and if anything it is getting worse as he is soiling as well as wetting now and is totally not bothered by it. The GP's attitude was 'he'll get over it'

humph

Fingers crossed for the weekend for you
xx

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Rufus

Star

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Friday, June 5th 2009, 11:30am

HI Rivka, every time we had anything new up unitl Joel was about 4.5 he started to wet himself again. When he started nursery,moved house, my mother in law very ill etc. So it a quite normal reaction to change. Hope lo is ok soon xxx
Keep smiling :happy:

Rivka

Friday, June 5th 2009, 10:26pm

Well I switched tack today and instead of asking "do you need the loo?" I asked her if she had checked to see if her knicks were dry. It worked a treat, not one accident all day, I think she felt empowered by it. So much so that she has insisted on going to bed without a nappy :rolleyes:. We bought some of those absorb pads and have sneakily put one under her sheet. I think we may be in for a sleepless night though :snigger:

Eeyore, how your GP can not be concerned is beyond me. I hope the ERIC site has given you some useful advice.

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 6:09pm

we're going through that now - PP has suddenly started wetting at night again (might be because daddy isnt here this week) and also during daytime goes "uhoh - I've done a weewee in my pants"

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE