You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "freespirit" started this thread

Reg: Jun 14th 2008

Children: one gorgeous daughter

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 8:55pm

help...what clothes to put on...

hello fellow mummy's,

i just want to ask you.....on a hot summer day like today, what clothes can i put on my little one....i really don't know....(sorry i sound really stupid)...at the moment she just fall asleep and i put her in her moses basket.....she got a vest and a sleep suit on....with no blanket or sheet on top of her....is that ok? our bedroom thermometer says 24 and according on the leaflet the health visitor gave me 24 is too hot, so only sheet to cover the baby.....not a blanket....and that guidelines is when a baby is wearing nappy, vest and sleepsuit.....i just don't her to be too hot and i don't her to be cold....i took the sleepsuit earlier and she seems happy but before she fall asleep again i put the sleepsuit back on thinking she might get cold later on tonight.....i also open our bedroom window just on the latch and kept the door open too....do you think its ok to keep her in her vest during the day? how about a vest during at night would that be too cold for her? sorry for asking too many questions......and thank you for your advice...

love XX
freespirit XXX

"Have Faith In God"
When you pray and ask for something, believe that you have received it, and you will be given whatever you ask for.

Michelle

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 9:26pm

I'm never too sure either but always think it's much safer for them to be chilly than be too hot. My dd associates her sleeping bag with bedtime now so i use a 1 tog bag and just put her in a vest and then when i do a nappy change in the night i put on something extra if she's cold.

A vest and a sleepsuit should be ok. Definitely no blankets with a room temp of 24. Just be careful with the window open that there's not a draught on your dd.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 9:33pm

I find it really hard to know what to put on her at the moment as well. Tonight I put her to bed in a long sleeved vest and a 1.5tog baby grobag. We have the windows open (but they are away from her cot and we have a blind and curtains so not much air coming in) and a fan on as well which I'll turn off when I go up.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 10:09pm

To be honest in this sort of weather a vest during the day when it's really warm is fine. you can always put a babygro on her instead if she gets chilly, but if she's asleep, just a baby vest with a light blanket to cover her will be fine. At night I would put a babygro on her, without a vest, as it's been pretty warm at night too, and then you can put blankets over her as required. With Lochlan, he is just in a vest tonight in his grobag. I will probably put a light sheet over him when I go to bed as I like the windows open all night and it will just keep the chill off of him.

The general rule is, for babies up to one month old, you should put them in one extra layer than you are comfortable in. In weather like this I would take that as meaning put baby in a long sleeved babygro if you are ok in a t-shirt, but if you're still really hot in a t-shirt, I would just put a vest on the baby. For babies over one month old, keep them in the same no of layers as you are comfy in.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 10:22pm

When i brought my sleeping bag it came with some sort of guide thing , from what i can remember it said in winter to use a thicker sleeping bag with a long sleeve top underneath and for summer use a smaller tog sleeping bag with a short sleeved top , but personally i always work it out to how hot/cold our room is plus how hot/cold we feel... most nights at the moment i put Mckenzi to bed in a short sleeved t-shirt/vest and shorts or pj bottoms with his sleeping bag over the top and his just fine
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Wednesday, June 24th 2009, 12:54pm

George at the moment is going to bed in a short sleeved and legged baby grow (its not as short in the legs as a vest) and a 1.5 tog growbag. When he was a newborn the mw did say one more layer than your comfortable in - like Mrs Smiff says. x

Wednesday, June 24th 2009, 5:25pm

hello lovely mummies...

Michelle, bubble, Mrs. smiff, treezuk and GemH.....you are all a star.....its nice get advice from experience mummy like you lot...

well....last night wasn't too bad....i kep her on her vest and sleepsuit.....with no cover on....when she woke up for a nappy change and a feed around 1am.....and when she gone back to sleep i put a cover on her just a muslin square, as the room felt a little bit cooler then i checked on the room thermometer but its still says 24....so i was thinking a muslin square would be ok.....i tried putting her on a grobag, she doesen't like it....she wake's up and cried, but as soon as you take her out the grobag she's fine.....
today i have another problem....i post it on the breastfeeding tread......i think im getting paranoid about everything that has something to do with my DD...but i just can't help it....

thank you so much lovely ladies......really appreciate your help....

note: you'll see more of me am not going away just yet...... :snigger: :snigger: more questions to come.... :snigger:

lots of love XXXXXXXXXXX
freespirit XXX

"Have Faith In God"
When you pray and ask for something, believe that you have received it, and you will be given whatever you ask for.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "freespirit" (Jun 24th 2009, 5:26pm)

treezuk

Superstar

Wednesday, June 24th 2009, 6:41pm

Its worth to it to keep trying with the sleeping bag even if its for 5 mins a day it will still get her more used to it , I put M in one from about 2 weeks old and he was fine with it but every baby is different , if you tryed to swaddle him he would get angry and take his arms out the cover , but some babys love swaddling it really is swings and roundabouts... good luck
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

Michelle

Wednesday, June 24th 2009, 6:56pm

Oh, the many uses for a muslin square hey? :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Michelle

Wednesday, June 24th 2009, 6:57pm

Oh, the many uses for a muslin square hey? :snigger:
They get used for everything in this house!

So good i said it twice :rolleyes:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 12:35pm

treezuk - yes i think i'll keep on trying to get her to sleep in the bag......thanks...

Michelle -ahh muslin square!.... i know, i cant manage without it....i've got the big ones as well...i bought it on ebay....cheap!....yet come in really handy...

XX
freespirit XXX

"Have Faith In God"

treezuk

Superstar

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 4:53pm

LOL so true muslin square that is all that is stopping Kenz from crying at the moment cos his not well, his playing with it LOL who'd have thought :snigger: all the toys we buy and a muslin square is more entertaining
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

Michelle

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 8:02pm

It's 29 degrees in the bedroom tonight and i'm interested to hear what your room thermometers say and what you are putting on your lo's for bed? Mine is in just a vest - no sleeping bag, just a vest and nappy but still sweating.
Got the fan on a timer but it's all about weighing up the balance of clothing for whilst the fan is on whilst also making sure they'll be ok when it's switched off isn't it?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 8:10pm

Showing 30degrees and we just have her in a vest (oh and nappy!). We have the ceiling fan on as well as another fan that's more aimed towards her. i'll turn the smaller one off later as it cools down. We've also put a bottle of frozen water in front of the fan and that seems to help a little. She's not settling which is partly because of the heat I'm sure, but also because she keeps on turning over and not being able to turn back :rolleyes:

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Michelle

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 8:19pm

Oooooh rolling (if only one way), that's very clever!

Good tip with the frozen water! C's vest is undone at the bottom too for a bit of airflow. Can't wait for it to cool down, the routine is all over the place here.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 8:21pm

We'll be moaning about the rain soon enough I'm sure!

Michelle

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 8:26pm

Then the routine will be messed up because of not wanting to go out in it......see, i'm moaning about it already :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 12:38pm

last night our's showing 27.....its too hot and very humid....

DD's only wearing a vest and nappy....we had the window open and it help a little...we also put the fan on...she keep's waking up every 10 mins after i put her down in her moses basket, when i come to pick her up she's was sweating....she can't settle because of the heat......she fall asleep at 12pm where the room became a little bit cooler......

i think its gonna be the same again tonight........hot hot hot...!
freespirit XXX

"Have Faith In God"

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE