You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "picklesmum" started this thread

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 4:19pm

Dr Browns Bottles

Hi girls,

Is anyone using these?

I am using Tommee Tippee at the moment but I was talking to a girl today and was telling her about how every time I feed isobel the milk runs down her chin and neck and she gulps at the milk and then is sick after. She said her son was the same (same age as Izzy) but he had colic as well and she was using TT bottles and was recommended Dr Browns. They are a bit more expensive but she said from the moment she started using them he was much better, no spillage, still being sick a bit but not as much as before.

Am thinking of getting some and they have some on Ebay.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "picklesmum" (Jun 30th 2009, 4:20pm)

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 5:30pm

I had similar problems with TT but i perservered but then i end up buying boots own bottles and he got on fantastic with them , we still use those now... My friend uses dr browns for her twins and shes never had a problem with them with colic or anything but unfortunatly she has very sicky children so its hard to say if the bottle is a hinderence or a help really

Try Ciao and see if they have any reviews on there , least that way you can find out other peoples opinions
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Reg: Oct 24th 2008

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 6:45pm

I used Dr Browns with both my children and intend to use them for the next two - it really made a difference to the amount of colic they both had in a matter of weeks. More expensive but in my opinion worth every penny!
gambouk xx

I am 36, have 2 gorgeous daughters aged 10 and 6 and have now completed my family with twins!

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 6:50pm

THanks ladies,

TBH Isobel hasn't got colic (at least I don't think so) but hopefully they will stop the milk running down her neck at every feed and will help with her posseting which she does frequently.

Michelle

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 7:43pm

Dr Browns may reduce the posseting hun. I remember my hv suggesting that we try them when C was sicky early on.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 11:16am

PM I cant reccomend these bottles enough. I BF the twins for 6 weeks then I tried every bottle under the sun, Tomee Tippee, Avent, NuK, you name it. A freind had bought me a pack of these when I was expecting the twins and I have never looked back, a little bit more fiddly to clean as there are more parts but well worth it. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them as I thought they were great.

Only thing is when you make up a feed and the water is boiling, dont shake the bottle as it tend to spurt back up the pipe and goes everywhere and you risk scalding yourself, wait till the water is cooler or stir with a spoon. x
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

Rae

Star

Reg: Apr 20th 2007

Children: 4

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 1:19pm

I use them and they are great - DS is hardly ever sick and never dribbles.

x

Me 40
DP 43
twin boys born '93, dd born '98 [zx076]

Reg: Oct 9th 2008

Children: Daughter aged 7, naturally conceived

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 1:46pm

I intend to use them and bought some today. My DD was a sicky baby and i went to a party recently and three mums highly recommended them.
xx
Lost one twin at 10 weeks, heartbroken.

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Thursday, July 2nd 2009, 9:23pm

We used Dr Brown bottles for Rebecca's reflux as recommended by the Paediatrician and they were great. Would recommend them highly!!!!

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Sunday, July 5th 2009, 3:00pm

The only thing I am thinking is that I have now heard a couple of people say you can't shake the bottle when you've put the milk in! How does it mix up then!

Rae

Star

Monday, July 6th 2009, 11:10am

I just sort of slush it round and it disolves ok ... its better not to shake any bottle too hard anyway as this creates air bubbles that end up in baby's tummy.

x

Me 40
DP 43

• "Flowertot" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Monday, July 6th 2009, 2:03pm

My DD suffered with reflux and these bottles were great. They are supposed to cut out the air bubbles in the milk and help with babies being less sicky.
Jen

Ella Louise Born Tuesday 12 September at 11.48pm weighing 6lb 14oz

Mum to a 2 year old little princess born after 2 rounds of IUI.

(Previously ZooKeeper/Twinkle Fairy/Fairy Girl/)

Monday, July 6th 2009, 3:56pm

Great thanks ladies. They have arrived now, got a pack of 2 to see how we get on with them. Thought it would be a right palava to make up another bottle first and then pour it into them so I'll just 'slush' it round then!

Monday, July 6th 2009, 8:48pm

well I've just used the Dr Browns bottle and so far so good..no spillage. One question..it is supposed to stop burping (personally I like it when she does a good burp!) but we burp her inbetween a feed and then after so should we still be doing it? I know it sounds like a silly question!

Rae

Star

Tuesday, July 7th 2009, 10:22am

No doesn't stop the burping ... Freddie does big man burps halfway through a feed when I sit him up and after ! :D

Me 40
DP 43

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, July 7th 2009, 10:24am

Quoted

The only thing I am thinking is that I have now heard a couple of people say you can't shake the bottle when you've put the milk in! How does it mix up then!

You could mix it with a long spoon or just slush it round like Rae suggests.
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

Tuesday, July 7th 2009, 5:27pm

All well and good with these bottles so far...the only thing is a feed seems to take much longer, I think because DD has to work for the milk a bit more? I am worried she will get fed up and fall asleep!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE