You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SarahV

Superstar

• "SarahV" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "SarahV" started this thread

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: One on the way, yippee

Tuesday, August 25th 2009, 6:56pm

uncomfortable sleeping

I don't know if this started with Finn's cold but he's stopped sleeping/napping in his cot and in fact any where, including buggy.

But the real problem is we're up every hour of the night as he's not wanting to sleep on his back or side, instead he's flipping onto his tummy. That in itself doesn't bother me but he seems to get really upset and then lift himself up really high on his arms.

Has anyone had experience of this? I've just ordered a thing to keep him on his back, but he's obviously not comfortable on it on his back...

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, August 26th 2009, 8:47pm

Hi Sarah

I'd just let him flip onto his front. Although I think the 'ideal' is to 'sleep on back/play on front', once they can roll, they can do what they like at night in their cot really! And maybe he's just getting used to waking up on his tummy and will soon realise all he has to do roll the other way, rather than raise up on his arms and get upset?

Reflux babies also find tummy sleeping more comfortable. Don't know why, forgot to ask. Our consultant said that generally babies prefer to sleep on their tummy but particularly reflux babies.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 26th 2009, 9:04pm

Baby bubble sleeps on her front 99% of the time now - and quite often upside down in her cot (sometimes I wish I had a camera monitor!).

I agree with J - perhaps he's just getting frustrated about not being able to get back. Is he in a 'big' cot ie does he have enough room to roll about and get comfortable himself?

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Michelle

Wednesday, August 26th 2009, 9:23pm

My dd can't really roll from her back onto her front by herself yet but likes to sleep on her front (and sleeps better that way) so i just put her in on her front. She can however, roll the other way so i often find her on her back when i check on her :snigger:
I dont get what you mean about lifting himself up onto his arms - do you mean he doesn't want to be on his tummy either? That's a tricky one then!

You must be exhausted hun :sadface:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

SarahV

Superstar

• "SarahV" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "SarahV" started this thread

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: One on the way, yippee

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 7:50am

Thanks girls. The problem is he's used to sleeping on his tummy and that would be fine but instead what he's doing is trying to push himself upright all the time and crying. ?(

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE