You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Andrea" started this thread

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Friday, September 4th 2009, 12:05pm

Trying to go Part time??

Hi

I have just filled out my request forms from my work to go part time, well 4 days a week, 9am - 4pm, just wondering if anyone has any expierience with changing working patterns and if your company have agreed?

My company are not keen on any part time staff and I do not know anyone that has it in the company, just wondering how difficult it will be for them to turn down my request of 4 days per week?

Thanks
Andrea xxx

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Friday, September 4th 2009, 3:05pm

Hi Andrea

I work 4 days a week 8-4.30 (.5hr lunch) my company don't like part time workers but the recession went in my favour in a way (reduced workload etc) I also have an assistant who covers me on my day off. I went on the direct gov website and read all info on flexible working that I could, they have to consider it although they dont have to do it. I just made a firm case to cover all angles before I had my meeting with my manager and HR but it was accepted a lot better than I thought. I went in and got what I wanted which made a change!

x

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Friday, September 4th 2009, 11:47pm

Hi Andrea

I go back to work on Monday and asked for my hours to be reduced. My request was rejected. To be honest, I think they're just being a pain because they're still moody that I went off on mat leave only a year after joining! So I'm now looking for a new job!

However, after I'd had DD1 I went back after a year to a very supportive manager who was happy to let me reduce my hours, work early starts so I could pick DD up from nursery, work at home if DD was poorly etc. She was really flexible and it made my life so much easier.

I think you need to prepare a really good case and stand your ground, and hope for the best!

Let us know how you get on!
x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE