You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Indiechick

Superstar

• "Indiechick" started this thread

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 4:48pm

Yes they are TWINS!!

My Twinnies are now 4 and a half months old and in the short time they have been on this earth I have realised there is a new depth of stooopidness that I was never aware of before!

Twins attract attention and some mind blowingly stoopid questions for example:

A neighbour said when I was getting Pip out of the car 'ohhh how old is he now?'

'4 months' I replied and I turned to get squeak out of the car!

and she said . . . . .'ahhhh 4 months and how olds the other one?'!!!!!! ?(

The other one I get is random old ladies arguing with me about wether they are identical or not eg:

'are they identical?'
'No'
'Yes they are, just look at them they are identical'
'Yes they do look similar but no they are not identical'
'They are! I can see they are'
'No, they're definatly not'
'well I think they are!'
ARRRRRGGGHHHHH by this point I'm banging my head on the wall!

or how about my boys both being dressed head to toe in blue with boys clothes on and comments like

'I don't need you to tell me which ones the girl!'
'errrggghhhh yeah you do they're both boys!'

what's the stoopidest twin comments you've had?

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 6:19pm

oh indiechick!! My SIL and BIL are twins they are 27yrs old and when people ask how old they are or ask when thier birthdays are, they ask about each of them!!! So it may never change!

As for old ladies and the twins thing, i work at a nursery and we took the kids to an old peoples home for harvest festival thing one year and they were all like, 'awwww look at them all, there ALL twins!!!!!'
'Ummmmmmmmmmm NO!!!!'

Mind you i guess thats just as bad as a parent at the nursey asking me where the blisterthings come up if they have HAND FOOT AND MOUTH!!! How i kept a straight face while telling them, 'well their hands, their feet and tbheir mouths' i will never know!!!!
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Indiechick

Superstar

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 7:33pm

LOL Lyndsey that cracked me up! :snigger:

x

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 8:36pm

Yip I get the are they identical and are they twins comments all the time and I dont even think my 2 look alike.

I was in a store the other day waiting for my eldest daughter when a elderly lady said "I can tell that he's bigger than her" doh both girls I hasten to add. I will forgive her tho as I had dressed them in the same outfits but A was in blue and I was in pink. I still dont think she looks like a boy tho :D

Here's a few more what people say:

'Double Trouble'
'Bet you've got ya hands full there'
'Aw Twins'
'By you've got ya work cut out there'
'Is there twins in the family' (my nana is a twin and my cousin has just had twins so i can explain that one)
'I dont envy you'
Bet them's hard work (You dont say)

Honest its comical and I dont mind, I tend to just go along with them but the thing I can never get used to is the stares.. You see people actually looking behind to get a glare at you.. That reallly annoys me..
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

Mella

Star

Reg: May 17th 2008

Children: Identical twins girls after 21 months of trying and alot of tears and heartache

Friday, September 11th 2009, 9:08am

I get so angry at people and stopping us touching my girls with their dirty hands or open the blanket to see - can't they just leave me alone.

I can handle all the comments but are they boys or girls - but they have pink blankets, dressed in pink - everything is pink then I just want to tell the person can't you see all is pink so I will imagine it is girls!!!!!!!! ?( X(

Double trouble or how do you handle two at a time - I think people think you need a nanny for each child and nannies while they sleep at night because it is alot of work but I think you all will agree you adapt to your situation and I think I will be lost to just have one child because you are used to do everything double!!

bab10 bab10

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Friday, September 11th 2009, 9:36am

I have had all the same comments.

I even had one stranger asked if they were natural, me not thinking said no Cs and she said no IVF or Natural I was gobsmacked!! :shocked:

I also had one guy say is that the boy, I said no two girls, he then said I think she looks like a boy X(
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

Rae

Star

Reg: Apr 20th 2007

Children: 4

Friday, September 11th 2009, 9:44am

I once had a little old lady ask if my 2 were one of each ... I said no 2 boys and she patted my arm and said "what a shame, never mind"!

:cross:

Me 40
DP 43
twin boys born '93, dd born '98 [zx076]

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Friday, September 11th 2009, 1:21pm

RE: Yes they are TWINS!!

I get almost the same Indie :rolleyes:

'Are they twins??'
I've learnt to not grit my teeth and politely nod!

If you saw my two, you can most DEFINATELY see which one is the boy or girl, my son is soooooooo ''boy'' looking and my daughter is so pretty, she has her hair in ribbons, very girly and I still get the ole - 'which is the boy and which is the girl??!' and ''are they identical??' question's!
I again try my best to be polite, but very cleverly make them feel a tad silly by pointing to my clearly-non-identical girly girl and gorgeous boy twins the and ask the men/women what they really reckon?

Yes, having twins is defo a head turner and an excuse for ramdon people making convo with you, but when trying to get about town - which you hoped would only take you an hour, max, actually take's you 3 hours!- you really could do WITHOUT all the stupid questions! I gladly welcome all the 'normal' convos/questions :D

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

Ginger74

Superstar

• "Ginger74" is 43 years old today
  • Germany

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Children: It's a girl!

Friday, September 11th 2009, 1:30pm

:snigger: funny thread, ah people can be amazing sometimes, just ignore (try hehe) these stupid comments! I know not easy! "Double trouble" - I can't believe somebody can say this, anyway - IndieChick (and other ladies) - congratulations! How wonderful and special - twins!

Feb 09 God's Miracle - Natural BFP.
Sept 09 Thanks to God - Scrumptious baby girl is here. Please grow healthy and happy.

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Friday, September 11th 2009, 1:35pm

I would love to have twins, so if I was to speak to a mum of twins, I would be in Awe :happy:

Most of the questions are sooooo obvious though! :snigger:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

Indiechick

Superstar

Friday, September 11th 2009, 2:50pm

LOL I'm always being asked if they are natural . . . .. .errrr no their total freaks!!!

I respond to the attention depending on my mood.

If I'm having a tough day, a walk to the shops will soon remind me how lucky I am and how beautiful my little men are because everyone stops me to tell me so! They are little celebs where we live and shop staff are always saying here comes the twinnies, then yelling out the back to the other staff 'quick the twins are here!' but if I'm in a rush I'm not so tolerant!

why do people think they can touch them???

Also I always get asked 'you don't breastfeed them do you?' and although yes I do I'm always stumped by this one, people wouldn't ask a singleton mum so why ask me!

DH says they're his babe magnets LOL!!!

x

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Friday, September 11th 2009, 8:18pm

My friend was on holiday with her twins and this bloke stopped her and asked if they were twins, she said yes. Now they were fast asleep and the bloke shone his torch in the pram to have a look!!!! :cross:

Then they had to move into the corner of hotel when they were out for dinner as the couldn't eat meal without being stopped.
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Friday, September 11th 2009, 8:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Indiechick
Also I always get asked 'you don't breastfeed them do you?' and although yes I do I'm always stumped by this one, people wouldn't ask a singleton mum so why ask me!

Actually, yes people do!

Indiechick

Superstar

Friday, September 11th 2009, 8:33pm

Melinie - people are soooo rude!

Rae - I got that a lot when I was preg 'ohh it would be perfect if you had one of each' no, it would be perfect if they were healthy!

I must admit though I do say they are my BOGOFF, I bought one and got one free. My Mum tells me off though and says that two for the price of one sounds so much better.

I have two responses to the 'are there twins int he family?'

A) 'Yeah on my mum's side' which is true in a long off distant kinda way

B) 'No my husband had cancer and we had to go through years of treatment to get them' that usually shuts them up :P

In general though I do love the attention . . . .could just do with out the stoopid questions!

Indiechick

Superstar

Friday, September 11th 2009, 8:35pm

Mrsjasper - Well I never, have you any wise crack answers to pass on?

Reg: May 29th 2007

Children: 1 little girl born 10/02/08

Friday, September 11th 2009, 10:01pm

Hi ladys I'm a twin with a boy and I always get asked are you identical my answer is he is 22 stone and built like a house what do you think at that point they go red and change the subject I'm 28 and the stupid questions still keep coming so it never stops good luck ladies LOL x
jilly
ME-28 DH-32
DD born 10/02/08 bab10

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, September 16th 2009, 9:17am

Quoted

Originally posted by Indiechick
Mrsjasper - Well I never, have you any wise crack answers to pass on?

Mind your own busines.
I'm sorry are you from some kind of parenting police force who can tell people how to raise their kids?
Have you got kids, yes, well then you will know how useful unsolicited advice from random strangers can be, thanks.
Why would I want to pay for food that is inferior in every way when this is free?
Actually I have never had the nerve to come out with any of that, I usually just smile and mumble something!

Reg: Feb 25th 2007

Wednesday, September 16th 2009, 7:17pm

I tell them it's a boy and a girl and they ask me if they are identical. It's very hard to say no - they are a boy and a girl so they can't be identical without sounding really sarcastic. :P When I do say it most of them look at me as if to say "why not?" :rolleyes: Duh!

Defintely agree with all the above. I always have time for prospective twin mothers though. :happy:
Sue xxx

ICSI Feb 07 m/c 8 wks, ICSI Aug 07 m/c 5 wks, FET - Mar 08 BFN, ICSI July 08 BFP

Indiechick

Superstar

Wednesday, September 16th 2009, 9:25pm

LOL MrsJ you crack me up, I have commited a few to memory now lets just see if I'm brave enough!

Sueshe - some people!!!!

x

Reg: Aug 8th 2007

Monday, September 21st 2009, 2:42pm

Are they Idential? when they are boy and girl always crack me up lol! Also Ive got a boy and girl buggy which is bright pink on one side and blue on the other saying Bro and Sis (U've probably seen it or got it!) and people still say what are they! lol! Or Are they twins! lol! Or when i say he's bigger than her they get confussed because she was born first! ha ha x
Timed bd - 75iu fostimen and pregnil TWINS born May 09
Fostimin inj ---BFP Baby girl born Dec 10

Natural BFP March 12

Reg: Aug 8th 2007

Monday, September 21st 2009, 2:45pm

Oh and also do u get from those who knew u had treatment.. Could be twins next time too! That annoyes me because its as if u get loads of twins just because of the treatment!
Timed bd - 75iu fostimen and pregnil TWINS born May 09
Fostimin inj ---BFP Baby girl born Dec 10

Natural BFP March 12

Indiechick

Superstar

Monday, September 21st 2009, 4:36pm

LOL Frankie people always say that to me!

Went to town today and three people said comments about me having one of each, I know one of my little men looks dainty but they are dressed in boys clothes. Two of the comments I just let go with a absentminded 'yeah' but the third got a 'No actually they are both boys!' as I stormed off in a huff!

Reg: Feb 25th 2007

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 8:58pm

I get fed up with people telling me I'm going to 'catch' straight away now if I don't use contraception! My sister asked me around the dinner table with friends what sort we were using! X( My face shut her up I think!

Before hand it was stories of how if we just stopped trying we'd have loads of babies because that 'always happens' and now I'm being warned off. Why do people think they have a right to comment on such personal stuff!

Sorry got one on me today. Harry is weaning perfectly. Hannah screams the place down if we try and I seem to spend all day feeding or cooking for them as their feeding times are now out of synch! And I've got a cold... :sadface:
Sue xxx

ICSI Feb 07 m/c 8 wks, ICSI Aug 07 m/c 5 wks, FET - Mar 08 BFN, ICSI July 08 BFP

Hyacinth

Reg: May 6th 2008

Children: Twin girls born May 2010

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:32pm

My GP said something similar to me when I went for my 6 week check, he asked what I'd had and I said 2 girls and his answer was "Oh very good - but a boy and girl would have been better." :what:
Me: PCOS DH: SA normal

Oct 08 - March 09 = 6x cycles of Clomid all :BFN:

started Ovulation Induction

June 09:Menapur 75 and Pregnyl - :BFN:

July 09: Menapur 150 and Pregnyl - :BFN:
Oct 2009 :Menapur 150 + 225 and Pregnyl - :BFP: :girl: :girl:

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 8:28pm

I also have one boy one girl, i have that same bro/sis buggy.
All the time i get are they 2 boys - er nope one pink one blue. - I have replied to this question once when i was in a hurry with 'yep 2 boys' then the dear old lady said 'oh you silly girl why is one in pink' I mean REALLY???
I always get the comment - double drouble - my response is nope double the fun!!!!
And my Prince is a bit bigger then my Princess so i often get ' wow you had them close didnt you' my response is yep a whole minute apart!!
I do get asked if they are identical, i do smile and say nope one is a boy one is a girl but i want to scream at the top of my voice how can they be identically one has a willy the other doesnt ( rude i know lol, sorry)

The funniest comment that i have had and the one i will remember forever. when i was pregnant at 24/25 weeks they said my baby boy was not growing as he should, if he did not grow properly they would be forced to deliver, i relayed this conversation back to my brother and he said 'what both of them' He could not understand why i was laughing, i said yep they will just deliver the blue one and put a zip in for when the pink one is cooked, then he had realised what he asked and went a lovely shade of red - like i say a moment i will remmeber forever!!!

There is a t shirt you can get :
Yes they are twins
No they are not identical
yes i can tell them apart
Yes my hands are full but my heart is over flowing
yes twins run in my family - normally in opposite directions
I am glad they are mine and not yours too
Yes they were natural - what is a Artificail twin anyway??
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 8:48pm

People are sooooo stupid!! My mum bought the girls identical bright pink cardigans, when we were out we were asked twice whether they were a boy and a girl. Seriously, their cardigans could not have been pinker!

I've been asked twice if they were natural, several times if they run in the family and when I was pregnant "oh I bet you're hoping it's one of each, that way your family will be complete!" What a cheek! I don't feel like I have an incomplete family because I don't have a boy. Some people!

Also, people really don't seem to get that you can have same-sex non-identical twins. It really confuses some when they see G is far bigger than M and they are so facially different. The cow-bag in the post office (so grumpy) asked me if they were twins and I replied yes. She then said "One's so much bigger than the other!" Really? I hadn't noticed...

Moonshine

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 10:14am

I have the same thing Moonshine - when both are in pink people still ask what sort they are - I always point out the pink to them now. And one of mine is much bigger than the other too.

And when people ask if twins are in the family my Mum came up with a great reply for me so I say 'well they are now!'

Would you believe it, a stupid woman on the supermarket checkout asked me really loudly if they were IVF infront of a whole queue of people. I was in shock that she asked but before I had time to think of a reply she said 'what is IVF anyway and then proceeded to have a whole conversation about sperm and eggs as she put my shopping through! Grrrrrrrrr

x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 1:54pm

My girls were pink almost all the time yet I am repeatedly asked if it is one of each. Its like people have to say something so they say the first thing that comes into their heads no matter how STUPID!

On the question of whether they were IVF, I always say that twins run in the family as DH's father was a twin and his brother has twins. Little does anyone know that DH was adopted and has no genetic connection to any of them!

One colleague went round the houses to find out if they were IVF by telling me that she and her boyfriend would be interested in having IVF since they want to have twin boys as they both have two girls each from their previous marriages. She asked me if I knew how to go about it! What a load of cobblers!
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 9:25am

Ha ha - people are funny creatures aren't they?! I don't often get asked about the gender, it's more a statement with a slight question mark at the end! "Boy and girl? :eyebrows: Yessss :rolleyes: (though DS is bigger than DD, DD has more hair and I dress them in boy/girl colours ......if any of these factors were reversed I'm not sure the statementw ould be so confident! )

However I have been asked a couple of times "How old is the little one?" !!! :what: Erm about a minute younger than the big one :snigger: There's only 4lbs between them...not a whole pregnancy!!

I always get asked were they premature too....erm nope. and when I answer the question about weights....why is it they immediately then look down at my belly?!!!! :mood:

I try to find it amusing rather than exasperating. Personally I think a lot of people just see "twins" as two cute babies who should look the same rather than understanding non identical twins are way more common, especially because of IVF, and are basically two siblings born at the same time! Like you Sa-Leanne, I often find myself wanting to respond to the "are they identical?" question (especially when they know they're a boy and a girl) that one has a willy and one doesn't.....though I find myself just saying that the "identical" bit of "identical twins" doesn't just stop at faces....and then seeing their puzzled faces clicking what I mean :O Makes my day! :snigger:

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 2:37pm

hee hee, this is most entertaining! I don't get quite as many stupid questions, because in German the words for identical and non-identical twins literally translate to 'one egg' and 'two egg'. it still amazes me though, that people ask which they are when they look so different, Finn has white blonde hair and Lukas has brown hair. nobody has ever asked if they were from IVF but they always ask what it was like to find out it was twins. I find that really hard to answer because when I had my first scan, it wasn't that much of a shock to see two there.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Reg: May 9th 2009

Friday, January 7th 2011, 5:33pm

Ros: YOu must have had the same checkout lady as me as this happened to me in Waitrose the other day. The lady asked if they were natural!! (I haven't given birth yet by the way and shouldn't have told her I was expecting twins...my fault!) I was so horrified I mumbled IVF and walked off like I was ashamed or something and then was so annoyed with myself as I thought of what i should have said. I mean, how rude using the word 'natural' and how nosy? Next time I shall answer something along the lines of 'do you mean did my husband... (insert graphic description of sexual act) ...... or did a scientist make them?'
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Eli

Ace

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Children: 2 Girls

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 7:48am

I love this thread, it is so funny. When we go shopping with the girls I always sit them on the shopping trolley as they love riding on it, and on few occasions I get stopped by men(it is always men) and they point to my trolley and ask ‘ excuse me where did you pick those from (pointing at the girls)? Firs time it took me couple of seconds to realise what they mean, then I just say that I picked them from the sale rack and that they were buy one get one free :thumbsup: .

The most stupid comment I had was from a friend of my, whom I have not seen for few years and we accidently met in Tesco she asked me if they were twins or they have like 5-6 months difference :faint: . My face expression must have been so surprised/puzzled she immediately realised her mistake.
Me 32, DH 34

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE