You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sueshe" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2007

Wednesday, September 16th 2009, 2:56pm

Won't drink any liquid other than milk

Hi All

DH has started eating puree foods and loves them. However, I can't get him to drink any water or liquid other than milk. I've tried in a sippy cup and a bottle with handles but he cries and refuses it every time.

I've tried warm water, cold water, water from steaming the pears, orange juice to 5 parts water but he pulls a face at all of it.He's eating a lot at lunchtime now and I really don't want to top him up further with milk for ever but he's already been constipated once and I don't want it to happen again.

Any ideas? There seems to be lots of advice on food but not on drinking. DH was bottle fed if that makes a difference. I haven't tried juice in his normal bottle but he refused water in it.

Could I put 1 scoop of formular in for 90ml water perhaps? All advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you
Sue xxx

ICSI Feb 07 m/c 8 wks, ICSI Aug 07 m/c 5 wks, FET - Mar 08 BFN, ICSI July 08 BFP

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Wednesday, September 16th 2009, 9:29pm

RE: Won't drink any liquid other than milk

Hey there

Well Eric is nearly 1 and still doesn't eat, so am not exactly an expert here, but have been diluting his formula milk down loads in order to get him hungry, so know its ok to do. he doesnt take anything but milk either, so this was advised by his dietician! Maybe you could gradually water it down until little one takes it ok??

Cxx
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 10:07am

Thanks Cathie

Will try it today...
Sue xxx

ICSI Feb 07 m/c 8 wks, ICSI Aug 07 m/c 5 wks, FET - Mar 08 BFN, ICSI July 08 BFP

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 10:34am

Hi!

Have you seen the bottles of baby juice? In the baby section of most supermarkets.

I know lots of people who've bought a bottle and used it to 'wean' their babies onto drinking water.

The bottles contain diluted juice but try half juice and half water, then next time add a little less juice and a bit more water etc etc.

Hope your DS gets a taste for liquid other than milk soon!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 7:42pm

Thanks for you advice Jodie.

He is now taking water but only from his bottle at the moment. I'll keep trying him on cups and beakers once I get him established. He's still pulling a face but at least he's drinking it!
Sue xxx

Mella

Star

Reg: May 17th 2008

Children: Identical twins girls after 21 months of trying and alot of tears and heartache

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 10:14am

Hi Sushe

Mine is also not drinking anything other than milk. I haven't tried juice yet, they only started eating at 6 months but they don't like water even if I put a little brown suger in and also no rooibos tea for them.

Maybe you must just keep on trying, I think it is all new to him and need to get use to the taste!

bab10 bab10

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE