You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "picklesmum" started this thread

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Monday, October 12th 2009, 4:29pm

Working from home

Have been thinking of doing this for a while, it's like Avon but with toys. Wouldn't normally want to do it because I don't like going door to door but I have been told that you can leave catalogues with friends and family. I go to 2 baby/toddler groups and with it coming up to Xmas thought if I was going to do it now would be ideal.

There are 2 things stopping me - firstly I don't drive, should this be a problem as nothing is very big in the catalogue so I would still be able to deliver it to the person and suppose if it was someone from the groups I go to I could just take them there?

Secondly - I'm not very confident (probably the wrong thing for me to do then!) so I'd have to go into the group and ask people if they wanted to look at the catalogue but what do I do? Just leave them with one and then ask for them back the following week? I know I sound really thick but I can't just leave them out on a table with my number on as they will probably disappear when the class ends (the teacher will probably just take them home!)

Do you think its cheeky to ask people while I'm at a class doing something else? Or maybe the teacher may even hand a couple out at different classes?

Just not sure whether its worth doing? Plus points are: There's not anything else like this in my area and its coming up to Xmas.

I know I've got nothing to lose so I may just have to be brave and walk in and ask people to have a look through.....but then I won't be seeing them for another week and it would be just as easy for them to order themselves!

I think I'm talking myself out of it now!

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Monday, October 12th 2009, 4:34pm

RE: Working from home

is the catalogue good value or stocks items that you can't get elsewhere?
Are the baby and toddler groups the only people you would be giving this to? If so, any idea what the average take-up rate is on this kind of thing? How much do you make on any item that is bought?

Just thinking that if this isn't really your kind of thing, and, if out of 20 people you hand the catalogue to the expected take-up is only for 1 of those people to order something....with a value of less than £40 and you only make 10% on that....then is it really worth the effort?

sorry, hope I haven't put you off, but these are the questions I would be asking myself!

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

• "picklesmum" started this thread

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Monday, October 12th 2009, 7:18pm

I'm asking myself the exact same questions!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE