You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sunshine" started this thread

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Monday, October 12th 2009, 6:13pm

constantly falling over

so Jamie is just over 2 years old now

he was premature, but no significantly obvious problems.

walking a bit late (at 17 months) but language etc much more advanced than term elder brother

however, recently he's become a total klutz. always falling over.

3 trips to A&E - 1 for head stitching up, 1 for checking he hadnt knocked out front four teeth, 1 for bottom four teeth

he's so into everything and so fast and so trying to be 3 & 1/2 like his brother, but it just doesnt seem quite right. doctors etc tell me he's fine & normal, but my instinct says not. what to do?

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, October 12th 2009, 6:40pm

Has he ever had an eye test?

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 2:28pm

Does he suffer with ear infections????? Repeated ear infections may cause problems with balance. Might be worth getting that checked as well

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 4:49pm

Lauren can trip over her shadow! Seriously, she was stood still the other day and all of a sudden fell down on her bottom! Is Jamie too engrossed in other things to be thinking about putting one foot infront of the other, or in too much of a hurry to get where he wants to be and is just rushing? How are his other motor skills? Like catching a ball if you roll it to him? Are his reactions delayed if he is focusing or is it when he is charging around that he falls?

How are you stranger? 88)

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

• "Sunshine" started this thread

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 4:25pm

Bells/Missy - nope, but his hand/eye co-ordination is very good except for the falling over bit - weird!

Saying that he is left-footed at football but right-footed at climbing stairs.... I wonder if that is the cause?

Rose - good idea.

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 11:50pm

how did he get on sun?

i was going to say about an eye test too, hope you have got it sorted hun

love k xx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Friday, January 15th 2010, 11:29am

Hi there,

sorry, belated response, but just reading now....

my 3.5 yr old, is very wobbly too, always falling over, very messy eater etc (he was a late walker too....22m) - I mentioned this to HV way back in summer 2009 and asked for a hearing test to check if that could be the cause....finally got test done in Dec (!) and he has congestion in middle ear so to go back in 3-4 months for another test, to see if still congested .....so that is one possible cause of his wobbly-ness.
Harri's nursery had also noticed that he is particularly wobbly though, compared to his peers, so he now has a referral to paediatrician (waiting for that apt now!) to check for something called Dyspraxia, which affects movement and coordination.
I did take Harri to GP initially, and he looked at him for all of 5 mins and said, 'yeh, I guess he is a little loose limbed, but I wouldn't worry' , but I was still concerned, and then the nursery teacher suggested I should pursue it further .... the nursery staff spoke to my HV for me who then spoke to my GP again for me and he then agreed to the referral.
From what I've been reading, I think at 2yrs, a lot of kids will still be wobbly/clumsy, but if its still the case by 3/4 yrs then should see GP, to rule out any medical reasons.
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE