You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Rosie1976" started this thread

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 5:03pm

problem with nursery - help please!

Hi all

I haven't been on here for ages I'm sorry, but have a little issue and I know that you guys will help me out.

The twins are in a nursery that they love on a Tues and Wed, and my parents have them on a Thurs. My folks are going away for most of Nov and back at the start of the summer I told the nursery and agreed with the nursery manager that they could do an extra day a week for the whole of Nov.

Something today prompted me to call and double check this with it coming up so soon, and I have been told that they have no record of this conversation or the forms that I filled in, and the best that they can do is for the twins to go into the next room for the extra day. They are only 2 and 4 months and the next room is for the 3-5year olds and this is really upsetting me! I get that mistakes happnen, but I filled all this in ages ago, and while I am grateful they are trying to find an alternative I am really worried at them being in with the big children and the impact this might have on them and on them still liking nursery. I am all out of annual leave and so is DH so we have no other real options.

I guess I am wanting to hear that they will be ok etc, but my reaction has really surprised me and got me bothered?

Thank you so much,

Rosie
xxxx
me 32 PCOS, DH 39 all good
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 8:21pm

Hi Rosie

I'm sorry you're upset over this. And your reaction is only because you love them so, and they're precious!

You want to hear that they'll be fine - and I honestly think they will be!

Our nursery does 'induction' days for 2 year olds who will be moving up to the next class - they start at about 2 1/2 so your two are only a little way off that - maybe try thinking of it as getting them used to being around older kids more in preparation for the jump up to the next group?

Also, one of the nurseries we looked at mixed all their kids together from 2-5 year olds - they explained that many of the children had older or younger siblings and they were trying to recreate a 'homely' atmosphere and that this helped towards achieving that. They also listed loads of reasons why mixing the ages had a positive impact on the children. Incidentally, this wasn't the reason we didn't choose this nursery - it didn't fit the hours we needed!

Its only 4 days over 1 month, they'll probably love the attention from the older children and you can always ask the staff to keep a bit of an extra eye on them.

Hope that helps.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Michelle

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 9:17pm

Hi Rosie
What kind of nursery is it?
Is the pre-school unit completely separate from the rest of the nursery? If not then the chances are that there are times during the day when the two year olds and the pre-school children mix together, in which case they will be doing alot of the same activities as usual.
Even if they will be only with older children all day, like Jodie says, they will probably love the attention from the older children who most probably take really good care of their 'visitors'. Also, in pre-school, there is still an emphasis on learning through play so they shouldn't be expected to takle any tasks that they can't cope with.

I hope it works out ok for them, they might even make some good friends who will help them to settle in when they go there for real :smile:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Saturday, October 17th 2009, 8:50pm

Hey Rosie

M has just had his settling in session at nursery this week and was put into preschool (3-5) despite being only 2.6. I was a little worried but after looking at both twinkles room (1 - 3) and the preschool I am so glad he is in there as the other room would have been very boring for him. He is also a big lad so looks like he should be in preschool lol. He has loved it and there is so much more for him to do and I trully believe he is in the right place. You will be amazed how much they are capable of at 2.4 and you will probably find they will love it. Hope all goes ok xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 8:38am

Hi Rosie,
My 2 started pre-school a few weeks ago (3 days after they turned 2!) and love it. Previously they've only been to playgroups with babies and toddlers so this is their first real mixing with older kids I'm told the big kids are very protective of them - many have younger siblings so are used to smaller ones.
I'm sure they will be absolutely fine hon, little ones love copying the older ones so I like to think being with the older kids can help their development. It's really frustrating that the nursery have bodged up & I can understand why you're upset but I'm sure they'll be absolutely fine!

xx

oops, just realised I've come to this thread a little late, I hope you're less worried now, i'm sure they'll have a whale of a time with their new friends xx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Suzy Q" (Oct 29th 2009, 8:40am)

• "Rosie1976" started this thread

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 8:35pm

hello all

thanks so much for the replies! Tomorrow is the first day in the bigger children's room, but over the last few weeks I have seen that they seem to be quite fluid about moving the kids across the various rooms anyway, and the littlebits have been talking about 'Wise Owls' quite a bit anyway, so dont think it will be distressing to them at all.

Knew that I would get reassurance on here though you didnt fail, hugely appreciated.xxx

Now if I could just find the spade that will digs us out of the depths of the terrible two's.... :snigger:

Rosie
xxxxx
me 32 PCOS, DH 39 all good
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Friday, November 6th 2009, 5:02pm

Glad they are doing ok - Max has been in "preschool" for 3 weeks now and I see a massive change in him already. They will do just fine xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE