You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "picklesmum" started this thread

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 11:23am

Follow on milk

Can I ask - when you start weaning and you're bottle feeding do you automatically start using the follow on milk?

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 11:36am

Follow on milk = a marketing ploy. :D

Seriously, it's the only way they can advertise formula.

If Isobel is happy on her current formula then there's no need to change it and then, when she's one, she can go onto cows milk.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "picklesmum" started this thread

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 1:41pm

ooh thanks for that. I'm so naive...I'd have bought it!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 1:49pm

That's what they want you to do but there's no need. It's essentially made almost the same as the stage 1 milk but because EU regs prevent them advertising that then they advertise 'follow on' milk hoping people who notice those adverts will also buy their brand of formula for younger babies.

The only benefit I have seen from follow on milk is that it can be cheaper and can also be discounted/on offer whereas the early stage milk can never be.

But if Isobel is happy, I'd just leave her be :D

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 1:54pm

Yes, it's illegal to advertise formula milk but in selling it as a (more expensive) follow on milk they've found a loophole in the law. They keep the packaging almost identical and then undermine their regular milk as not 'quite' good enough once your baby is over 6 months'... therefore saying in a roundabout way that it's fine until the age of six months AND advertising their brand on the telly.

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 9:40pm

Yup I agree with all the above. It's all a big marketing ploy. Stay with what your bubs is happy with, there's really no need to change.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Friday, October 23rd 2009, 8:00pm

Yes I agree, never tried it

A went to cows milk at a year but normla apitmal before that. Have you seen the ad where they need 23 lites or whatever to get their full iron intake, but one bottle of that rowing up milk is fine

Tsk :cross: !!!

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE