You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AMB

Ace

• "AMB" started this thread

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: 2 sons

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 7:15pm

It's all gone a bit Pete Pong!

Hello,

We have been toileting our little chap ( 3 & a half yrs old ) for a few months now & he has done fantastically well with the peeing thing but ... the poo thing seems to be causing us / him a little bit of bother. OK ... he has managed to poo in the loo once & seemed pretty much ok with it but other than the once that's been it. Poo in pants, floor, on his toys " look mummy - poo cake " i really don't want to make this into an issue ( no Freudian stuff in my home - thank you! ) but would love some advice as to how do we get this little guy to poo in the loo.

Otherwise our little fella is magic & no other worries at present but i'm sure another phase is just around the corner!

Ax
anneb

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Monday, November 30th 2009, 5:38pm

Hi there, I see nobody has replied to your post yet. How did you manage to get the peeing in the loo sorted ? He obviously knows when he needs to wee. So he must know when he needs to poo - and usually he would get more warning, unless his stools are very loose. I take it you've tried the praise and rewards route. Maybe letting him know you really don't like cleaning it up, or "disappearing" any toys he poos on would be worth a try.Has he told you why he does it?

AMB

Ace

Monday, November 30th 2009, 8:37pm

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply, I think you are right about informing him of my complete displeasure in cleaning up his poos, he got it the last time i caught him sticking his toy soldiers in it! He knows where to poo ie the loo but seems to get very fretful when it's time to go. He complains of a sore tummy & gets really teary, should i give him some roughage but don't want to make his poos loose either.

Are there any ' how to poo in the loo ' books for children do you know?

Best wishes

Ax
anneb

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Monday, November 30th 2009, 8:59pm

Hi again,
Has he been constipated at any time when going in the toilet ? if so, he may be associating sitting on the loo with discomfort. Are his stools quite solid? Some roughage (stewed prunes are good) and plenty of fluids would make it softer and easier. Perhaps you could try getting him to sit on the loo (without mentioning poo) after breakfast (or whatever time he usually goes) and read a book together so he's not thinking about having to perform. If the poo is soft, he won't be able to hold it in, nor will he have to strain. Hopefully he'll then see how easy it is.
Good luck,let me know how it goes.

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, November 30th 2009, 10:09pm

Hi Anne

This thread touches on some similar issues and has some useful links to other sites which may help too.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

AMB

Ace

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 10:42am

Hello,

Yeehah Bubble ... i'm not alone! Thank you for the thread!

Fi'smum- i will keep you posted!!

many thanks

Ax
anneb

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE