You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pamelag088

Superstar

• "pamelag088" started this thread

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 1:38am

sucks a min then gets very angry :snigger:
I'm actually surprisingly calm this time and am hoping the little sucks every 10 mins gives my supply a boost :snigger:
he is on now and calm :8o: maybe he tired himself out

woohoo eyes are closed and he nibbling away

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 1:43am

Great !!! And well done for staying calm!!
I'll take myself off to bed now, goodnight -- and stop worrying !!!!!

pamelag088

Superstar

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 8:03pm

Was false alarm last night :snigger: Second I stood up to put him down his eyes popped open and he screamed :snigger: Went on another hour before he settled on my boob and fell asleep.

Had another screaming session just not long ago, Think Im getting better at dealing with these, try everything to calm him down but he works himself into such a state nothing works, once he is calm he will take the dummy so Im not convinced he is hungry I just havent sussed what he wants yet.

Went to the breastfeeding support group today, I was only one that turned up and got lady all to myself :D Showed her a feed and she said he was a beautiful feeder, no problems with latch or position and could see he was getting plenty milk.
Spoke to her about foremilk and she didnt seem to sound concerned, said he seemed hungry all time and she thought maybe he was just a lazy feeder once the flow stopped he either doesnt want to work for the rest or hasnt learned how to get it out yet.

I read poor Netty's thread and cried reading her story, seems a little how TJ gets when she described her LO as a savage(had to laugh at that bit as TJ exactly the same) he screws his nose up like a little mouse and shakes his head furiously from side to side(kinda cute actually :snigger: ) But seeing how well she did when her LO was 100x worse than TJ(at least he sleeps during the day) gave me hope and a bit of inspiration.

It really does mean a lot to us doesnt it this breastfeeding malarky, Maybe it has something to do with feeling success= good mother and vice versa. For me I still havent figured out why it means so much to me, Obviously I want to give my son the best but there is something else keeping me going otherwise I wouldnt get so upset about it.

Anyways ramble over, hope tonight is better, boobs this mornin were hardest and biggest they ever been so maybe my supply is increasing

pamelag088

Superstar

Friday, December 11th 2009, 6:15pm

Still worried about my supply :sadface:

Had an excellent morning TJ just taking from 1 boob which was fine, However when he wants a big feed this is where the trouble starts, both boobs hadnt filled from last feed and he wanted a 3 course meal and I just couldnt ive it to him.

This is the 9th day this has been going on now surely my supply should have caught up by now? and a growth spurt wouldt go on this long?

If he does settle after being very upset for hours he only sleeps half hour then makes starving again.nipples are starting to get sore too cuz when he on me(if im lucky enough) if he is on wrong Im scared to take hm off in case he wont go back on again so I just leave him :sadface:

He only has these screaming sessions when I feel my boobs have nothing in them never when I have loads to give him.

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Friday, December 11th 2009, 7:30pm

Im so sorry your going through this pammy. Must be so frustrating especially when TJ seems to get so upset about not getting enough din dins. Sorry, no words of advice just wanted to say I feel for you. Hope it gets easier.

xxx
Sept '08 1st IVF :BFN:
Jan '09 2nd IVF :BFP: bab10
Dec '11 3rd IVF :BFN: 1xfrostie
June '12 failed thaw
Nov '12 4th IVF :BFN: 3 snow babies

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Children: One daughter

Friday, December 11th 2009, 8:28pm

You've had loads of advice here and I'm sure you don't need anyone else wading in but just to say I had a crap latch with my DD and I had no idea it was bad - she screamed and seemed dissatisfied and I got every bf problem under the sun from blisters to cracked nipples and finally I saw a BF counsellor (and I mean finally - we're talking 4 months down the line) and she sorted it out in a heartbeat.

If you want to keep bfing please see someone who can help because it changed the experience for me and bfing became a beautiful thing instead of something that made me cry with pain and anguish in the middle of the night.

It isn't easy but it is so worth it if you can bear to shelf the formula and continue. Get your latch checked first and see how you go and then decide.

I am still bfing my amazing DD and she is 26 months now - thats how much we both love it and she is so healthy as a result - so rarely ill. She has had about 3 colds in her lifetime and nothing more serious ever - that is some immunity. I put it down to bfing and a very healthy diet.

You must do what is right for you but make your choice based on giving you both the best chance to do bfing right.

Good luck whatever you decide.

xxxxx
MC 1997, Ectopic 2006, Tubal infertility, 1st IVF :BFP: [zx098]

pamelag088

Superstar

Friday, December 11th 2009, 11:12pm

thanks emilla

the mw and hv both observed a feed said he feeds beautifully but they havent seen him start to get frustrated and scream in hunger, they just go on weight which yes for now is fine but problems only started a few days from getting weighed so not sure if scales eveb count, will know better next week,
He hasnt been poopin so often either, only twice today and maybe only 4 wet nappies so far, he has been asleep now for 4 hours, not like him at all but maybe his 3 hour screaming session tired him out, he has hoarsed his throat poor toot.

Why is my body not doin what its supposed to? Why cant I be like everyone else who's baby feeds and is satisfied? My face is stinging and sore from all the tears today, I cant bear to see him starve because of me :bawl:

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Friday, December 11th 2009, 11:39pm

Hi Pammy, Just read your earlier post. If your nipple feels sore for more than a minute or so at the start of a feed, you MUST NOT let him continue without changing your positioning - that way leads to cracked nipples !!!! You may be able to adjust the tilt of his head, or bring him closer without actually taking him off, but if it's still sore you have to take him off and start again. Also, if he's not properly latched on he won't be getting a proper feed. This is still early days, you're expecting to be perfect when your feeding is still getting established.
You're doing a great job, stop putting yourself down.

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Friday, December 11th 2009, 11:51pm

Me again! About the dirty nappies - if his poo is still runny yellow, it's fine. It doesn't matter how many he does. Poo is only getting rid of excess food that he's had. he was doing a lot before because he was eating more than he needed. By the time Fiona's feeding was established, she only had dirty nappies one day a week - still runny yellow.
I wish you would stop doubting your ability to do this.

pamelag088

Superstar

Friday, December 11th 2009, 11:57pm

i understand what your saying chris but how long do i have to watch him scream in hunger?
he feeding now with 2 leaky full boobs and im full of confidence now cuz i know i have enough for him, then when he empties( or whatever make him come off) i have to pray he wont want another big feed in next 3 hours.

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 12:08am

Are you eating better?

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 12:13am

no :bawl: worse i have to force food down gagging whole time.
i have been trying, started the pregnacare breastfeeding stuff and fenugreek this week. been eating chicken, fish and trying to up my calcium,being skint dont help,
im a bloody mess :bawl:

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 12:36am

Pammy you need to look after yourself.You should be taking in at least 400 extra calories a day when you're breastfeeding. At the moment you'll still be using up the extra layer of fat you laid down when you were pg to make milk, but once that's used up you'll start to lose more weight at a time when you don't really want to do that. Not eating enough will also add to the tiredness due to not getting enough sleep. That in turn will make you feel less able to cope.
You said "being skint doesn't help" Are you worrying about money? If so, then you're right, that will cause problems. Your letdown reflex is very much affected by anxiety. The more anxious you are, the more likely it is that your letdown will be delayed. You need to try to relax and stop worrying.

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 12:44am

My initial let-down seems to be fine, He maybe does 2 fast sucks before slowing down and sometime he does choke esp last 2 days at the start and I have to take him off and wind him, That applies only if they full.

The anxiety is coming from him screaming and the fear if the next feed will there be enough to satisfy him, I know just by feeling them if he is going to start and he is just inconsolable, I feel terrible having to try and bounce him about and comfort him in other ways when its boob he wants, and he does really want it its not refusale its frustration, He really grabs for it then realises he isnt getting what he wants then screws his face up, arches his back and howls, Is this normal? Does every breastfeeder go through 3 hours a day of a hungry screaming baby?

He fed from one boob just now, very satisfied, fell asleep and is sound, Why cant it be like that everytime? That is when Im happy and think its all going fine when I can fill his tummy like Im supposed to.

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 12:51am

It will come - honest!!

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 12:53am

Do you promise :bawl: I cant do this to him forever :bawl:

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 12:54am

I didn't mean to post just that - don't know how it happened!!
When the milk comes very fast at the start of a feed and he 's choking, you don't have to take him off and wind him. If he needs to come off for air he'll do it himself. He'll soon learn to control the fast flow without coming off.

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 12:59am

He has been coming off and gasping for air.
Everyone ese on here just gets on with it, I cant, I cant ignore fact something is wrong, maybe its instinct? maybe its over worrying, I just cant help thinking this is not normal, No-one warned me he would be starving and I would have nothing to give him.

Iv kept you up late enough hun, you should go to bed :snigger: Dont want 2 of us looking like death in morning :snigger: Il be fine :D

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 1:06am

And if that's him settled you should get to bed and get some sleep before he wakens for his next feed.
The first few weeks with a new baby are very hard, you're tired and emotional and it's difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel. This is something that nobody can really prepare you for. I don't have personal experience of ttc for a long time, but I would think that adds to the feelings of inadequacy that ALL new mums have. But it really does get easier.

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 1:11am

Cross-posted! He is not starving!!!!!!He's just trying to make sure he's ordering enough.

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 1:11am

Yes think I will get to bed,
Thank you for bein here, Your right I cant see light just now, I cant even see to next feed :snigger: All I can do is squeeze my boobs to see how full they are :snigger:

night night hun and thanks again

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 1:15am

Goodnight, and leave your boobs alone!! :snigger:STOP WORRYING !!!!! :D

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: 2!

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 9:23am

Hi Pammy
I've not posted before but quite a lurker, some misplaced jinx paranoia has stopped me posting but going to bite the bullet...
Just wanted to say your doing really well with the feeding - i know how hard it is. Haven't read all the posts above in detail (to tired to take it all in!) so may be repeating.
My little fellow clusterfeed through the evenings for the first 3 or 4 weeks (I forget now how long). Sometimes from about 7pm/8pm to gone midnight before he would go to sleep. He then would sleep through really well as if he was filling himself up. Some nights I found it really difficult, and by 12.30 occasionally found him annoying which made me cry. Some nights I fed him lying down and would wake around 1am, he'd be asleep next to me and then put him in his moses basket.
It did hurt and I did have blisters. (also got mastitis at another point but that was due to going on a trip out, getting engorged and not feeding properly).
I was also worried a lot that he wasn't getting enough milk - but he was, the weight gain showed that. At around 4 weeks he was sick after a feed and loads came out so proved a lot was going in. Though was still worried on and off.
It does get better. Loads better in fact. Took about 8 weeks to start to settle, done to twoish feeds on an evening, and for it all to seem easy and natural (ofcourse it was anyway). But he feeds lovely now, boobs have toughened up :D and over the past couple of weeks he breaks off every now and then to give me the most lovely grin and chatter. So glad I kept going.
I nearly gave up a few times (didn't feed in hospital for 3 days as well), usually in the early hours of the morning. Also the evenings were when I was at my most tired, hormonal and lacking in confidence as to how I was being a mummy. But there came a point that i felt I had got so far that would be silly to. I'm also as stubborn as a mule.

Good luck and sorry for the ramble. Trying to write this before E wakes up!

Oh, he's awake
Jen xxx
3 M/C
dx tubal and endo
IVf Nov '08 - BFP!
DS1 08/09!
Failed FET Nov '10
IVF March '11 cancelled
IVF/ISCI July '11 - BFP
DS2 April 2012
FETOct 201

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 9:32am

Aww Pammy, how are you all doing today hun?

xxx

<

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 9:41am

Had a good night(usually do) had him in bed with me and up twice to feed and I just went straight back to sleep.
He fed again at 9 and he thats him down.

When its like this is magic, Im full of confidence, my baby is full and happy but im always "just waitin" which means I cant relax entirely. Off for a shower while he sleeps and some breakfast(gag :snigger: )

Jen thanks for posting to me and your 1st post(im privilaged :snigger:) Its good to know others have went through this and come out other side, so hard when you feel like its never going to end and you'll be upset rest of your life(probably will about other things :snigger: )

Right off I pop

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 9:45am

Glad you had a good night Pammy.

Sounds a good plan to have a shower whilst you can! And some breakfast. I know you're finding eating hard at the mo, but is there any food you particularly fancy, just so that you are getting something down?

xxx

<

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 10:12am

Good Morning Pammy, glad you had a good night and a reasonable sleep - that always recharges your batteries a bit.
There's always something to worry about when you're a mum (it's in the job description!!) but for you feeding should not be one of them - you're doing a fab job clap
Like Jen said, cluster feeding in the evening is very common. I remember sitting with Fiona, doing one feed after another all evening. I was putting her down after a feed, only to be picking her up 20 or 30 minutes later, so I stopped putting her down and just sat with her, watching telly and feeding whenever she asked. She seemed happier with that and I was certainly more relaxed. At the time I used to think there couldn't be anything there for her, but it worked. That of course was in the days when I didn't know a lot about breastfeeding (it wasn't fashionable then) and that breastfeeding boobs are NEVER EMPTY, even if they feel like it!!!!
I take it your mum didn't b/f, so she won't be able to advise you.I see the site is going to down tonight for the move, so if you need a bit of support you can call. I'm going round to Fiona's to watch the X factor final (her dh is going on his work night out. She's been invited to some of her friends' houses to watch it, but she can't be bothered going out at night these days (likes to get into the jammies early these days) Plus, my dh doesn't really like it. We watch it but he's continually criticising everything and everybody on it, which kinda spoils it for me.
I'm rambling now, so I'll go and get dressed and get myself off to the post office with my cards. Still have one to go to Australia (probably won't get there for Christmas now, but hey, it's the thought that counts ! :D

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Children: One daughter

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 11:47am

Oh Pammy I know how you feel but I promise it will get better and I promise that your body is completely capable of giving your little one just what he needs even though it doesn't feel like it now. It took my DD months to get into a good bf routine (I stuck at it because I really wanted to bf, because there are milk allergies in the family so I knew formula would be bad for her and because my family are very pro bfing and very anti bottle feeding). The pressure on you is immense and at a time when you still feel vulnerable from hormones and the labour and all the magnitude of becoming a mum.

But you are doing a fabulous job. Remember breastfed babies are much lighter than their formula fed buddies and that the chart your hv uses is created for formula fed babies. I repeatedly got told dd was 'losing weight' - she wasn't - she wasn't gaining as a formula fed baby would, she gained at a much slower rate as breastfed babies do. Formula puts on weight because its made of cows milk and baby cows need to stand within an hour of birth and be very physical very early. Baby humans don't need to put on huge amounts of weight - they need their brains to grow and that is what human breast milk does - grows fabulous brains and immune systems.

I know these early weeks are tough and believe me I had it all - even got nipple thrush deep in the ducts which took months to get rid of and hurt like hell - but you are doing brilliantly.

If it hurts at all when he feeds then the latch isn't right no matter what an observer says. Do you have a local breastfeeding support group with counsellors? Can you ask the HV if they know about one? Trained breastfeeding counsellors know a lot more than most hvs about bfing and latches.

Also worth checking he doesn't have oral thrush which lots of babies get and makes them want to suck even more or early teething. I thought my dd was teething early but she wasn't - I used to give her teetha from boots (homeopathic teething powder) when she was screaming and unlatching mid feed and she used to calm right down, feed properly and then seem satisfied much more quickly. It's basically the homepathic remedy camomilla in powder form - great for teething but also calms and soothes babies who won't sleep/feed properly for any other reason. You could consider trying some - its perfectly safe for young babies (just check the packet first but I don't think there is a lower age limit)

Hope it all gets better soon - you are a hero - remember that. And you are doing a brilliant job.

xxxx
MC 1997, Ectopic 2006, Tubal infertility, 1st IVF :BFP: [zx098]

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 3:19pm

Thanks everyone, support on here is fantastic.

Iv written down all TJ's activities today and wondered if this looks like cluster feeding or just TJ :snigger: If Im totally honest I didnt have a clue ho much times a day he fed or how long he had been asleep etc so thought if I wrote it down would help.

co slept fed at 3.30
then 8am where he woke properly
fed at 9.15
11.15(8 mins)
12(25 mins)
12.50(10 mins) where he started pulling off left boob
2.30(25 mins) where he pulled off both

Now they both deflated and if he down now for 20mins, If he wakes in next hour and a half there will be trouble :snigger:

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 3:26pm

Emilla

The group they ran here was only MW's and HV i think the nearest BF councellor to me is an hours drive away, I could call I guess and see what they suggest but obviously they would need to see for themselves.

Chris enjoy x factor tonight, thats what Im going to be doing if I get any peace :snigger:

today feels like it has went well but so did same time yesterday :snigger:

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 4:36pm

Hey Pammy, had written a whole big reply but it has lost it on me X(

Just wanted to say keep up the good work you sound like you are doing a great job.

I don't want to step on anyones toes in this BF section but if it is really stresing you out so much and making you anxious then could you not express and supplement with formula if TJ is still hungry?

My girl were pretty small when born and would not latch on at all so the hospital took the decision to bottle feed them or else they would have been put on feeding tubes. I expressed and gave them that as well in a bottle.

I know it isn't the same as BF but it is the same goodness and might be less stressful for you.

I also highly recommend keeping a log about feeding times, amount, when go for sleeps etc as it can show you patterns and also let you know when he is going through a growth spurt. I also find it really good if I am having a rough day to let me see how much the girls can come on.

I only managed to express for 3 weeks as it ws too much on top of everything else with twins but I am happy they got the goodness for that time. TBH we havne't looked back since.

I also want to say that all babies are different and you will know what is right for TJ better than anyone. Both my girls only feed 4 times a day and are pretty light for their age but they sleep 10-12 hours a night so they can't be hungry. I figure that is just them and as long as they are happy and content I am doing an alright job with them.

Look after yourself and good luck with the BF and if you do move to formaul don't beat yourself up it isn't gonna do them any harm x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 4:46pm

No screaming as of yet :D He is in bed next to me and seems more content, sucking for a few mins then sleeping a few mins, went on about half hour and he been asleep for half hour, Ah feel so much better :D

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 4:52pm

Thanks Heather, never seen your post before.

He has had a couple bottles but only after I have really had enough and cant cope any longer.
This just means so much to me but so does seeing my boy happy think thats why its so difficult cuz the 2 dont go, I often felt selfish putting my want to breastfeed above my wee mans happiness but something occured to me yesterday that made me feel better.
What if he was same on bottles? then I would be really angry at myself, giving in and it not to change anything.

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 5:13pm

I looked at your times. It looks similar to cluster feeding ,but that tends to be in the evening, so maybe it's just TJ. He'll sort it out for himself, but he may never settle into a definite pattern. My ds was a very erratic feeder until he was about 4-5months old I think.

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 5:17pm

Thanks Chris

He deffo has been for last hour and a bit, Got him next to me in bed and he waking every 10-20 mns taking a tiny feed and falling asleep again, Im so pleased he isnt screaming, I can cope with clusterfeeds if he is calm and he latches on, if this works all the time(having him cuddles up in bed) then I think things will be ok.
Plus while Im feeding with 1 boob all time other is filling nicely :snigger: Mummy not stupid :snigger:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 7:51pm

Quoted

Originally posted by pamelag088

I often felt selfish putting my want to breastfeed above my wee mans happiness .

But...but...but...! Babies cry and if he wasn't crying about this it would be something else. Formula fed babies cry too!!!! He IS happy, he ISN'T starving and you're doing great!!

Yes it's hard work having a new baby, that's true for everyone....and breastfeeding is the absolute opposite of selfish because it means that you're absolutely tied to your baby constantly FOR your baby.

It WILL all settle down. I promise.

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, December 13th 2009, 10:25pm

Back again.

Tobey has slept ALL day today, He been sleeping since 1 ?( Iv woke him twice for a feed but ended up having to express as I was so full. Yesterday he was UP all day, only slept about 6 hours and fed constant, Started his screaming at about 7 where it didnt stop til midnight after trying to feed him constantly.

I have cold, any chance he has it? He hasnt felt hot but has wanted to be beside me all day, and even when my nipple in his mouth he sleeps, got him awake finally by changing him. He has also brought up a good portion of little feed he has been taking.

Poor toot, From 13 feeds yesterday to 5 today, what is going on?

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, December 13th 2009, 11:56pm

At this exact moment after putting Tobey down in his moses basket, locking myself in bathroom and sobbing my heart out I physically/mentally cant do this anymore.

Why wont he stay on my boob? Why doesnt he finish a feed why does he cry in hunger if he is getting milk from me? I have the bottle of expressed in fridge away o give him that cuz he WILL not take from me, hope thats enough for him, Only 2oz and I expressed at 7.30 should my boobs not have filled from 7.30- 10.30? if they are full he cant get anything out

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Monday, December 14th 2009, 12:03am

number of feeds

Hi Pammy, I don't think TJ has your cold - your body will be making antibodies against your cold virus and pasing them to TJ in your milk.And it looks like your boobs have responded to the 13 feeds yesterday, which is probably why he only needed 5 feeds today. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to feed a lot overnight.
Just read your last post :hugs: Are your boobs very full so he can't easily get on? Or will he not stop crying long enough to get on? Maybe giving him a bit of the ebm will calm him enough to get latched on.

pamelag088

Superstar

Monday, December 14th 2009, 12:11am

They arent full. soft and deflated, i dont gt it

pamelag088

Superstar

Monday, December 14th 2009, 12:30am

thats him calmed down and latched on although im just waiting for him to pull off and cry. why is he doing this?

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Monday, December 14th 2009, 12:54am

I don't know either. Are you eating regularly enough? Maybe it's just that you're still too anxious and always waiting for it to go wrong.?

pamelag088

Superstar

Monday, December 14th 2009, 1:04am

I have really tried with the eating yesterday and today.

He takes it fine to start with, swallowing away happy then all of a sudden pulls off and starts screaming, He does want it as he goes back on no problem but after 10 secs same again, Maybe his suck isnt strong enough to get the hindmilk out? Maybe he has learned to prefer bottles and their faster flow?

He is such a good baby except from this and his screams must be from hunger otherwise why calm down and settle after that bottle? This is all going wrong, Im really really trying so hard but cant see a way out if this cant be fixed, The latch must be fine as Im not sore when he is feeding and when they are full like in morning he never does this

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Monday, December 14th 2009, 1:15am

I wish we had a webcam so I could see exactly what he's doing. Does he do this when you' re full, or only when your boobs are soft?

pamelag088

Superstar

Monday, December 14th 2009, 1:17am

Only when they are soft, Never when they are full, thats what made me think about low supply, reading up on it I see its very unusual for women not to make enough milk so thats when I thought about flow.

I was actually going to film it today and put it on you tube to let you see :snigger:

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Monday, December 14th 2009, 9:48am

So you wannabe a Youtube star then :snigger: My ds has video clips on Youtube - Colin "Silkie" Wilkie. Check out his "Folsome Prison Blues" and "Minnie the Moocher" - really good (I'm only a little bit biased :snigger: )

You're right - very unusual not to make enough milk if baby is latching and feeding well.Which is why I keep telling you not to worry, you're not starving TJ, you're absolutely giving him the best there is!! Letdown is the main thing that is affected by worry and anxiety. how's the relaxation going? Maybe somebody out there has a relaxation cd or tape they could let you have (for a small donation to FZ of course :D )

pamelag088

Superstar

Monday, December 14th 2009, 10:30am

will check the you tube out :D

fell asleep last night thinking he would be up at 3(like normal) where i would take him in bed with me like you suggested but he never woke til 5.30 he had another 2 feeds since then all on same boob, have apt today an hours drive away just hope he sleeps all way there and back.

was going to look up bf councellor but doubt there will be any near me but worth a try

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, December 14th 2009, 10:36am

Hey Pammy

Wow, isn't he sleeping well? That combined with the weight gain, you not being sore and the fact that he is generally a happy and contented baby shows that you are doing really well at this feeding malarky.

I do wonder though if you're still expecting a little too much from him and from you. It's not uncommon for a baby to latch on, come off get a little upset and then go back on again. It doesn't necessarily mean that there's anything wrong. Baby bubble still faffs around sometimes 10 months on - although now she pinches my nose and pokes my eyes rather than grizzling!! Relaxing will help.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

pamelag088

Superstar

Monday, December 14th 2009, 10:49am

Cheers Bubble

This can go on for hours, one day it was 8 hours normally until he gets a decent feed either cuz boobs have filled up plenty or I give in and give him a bottle, He is getting plenty milk during day when boobs are full but at night or sometimes it even starts during day if he does go back on its he isnt even feeding just comfort sucking as there is no swallowing going on and then he falls asleep

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Monday, December 14th 2009, 10:53am

I think if he's sleeping that long at night then your supply must be OK. I think Bobble ( or Bubble even :snigger: ) is right in saying that you're expecting too much of yourself and TJ at this early stage.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE