You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

webby

• "webby" started this thread

Reg: Nov 17th 2009

Children: LWC

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 9:11pm

Getting out and about

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone with twins lives in a flat? We are on the second (also the top!) floor, and the logistics of my DW getting out and about if I am not around seem impossible! Luckily both our mum's are retired and live close by, but obviously we can't rely on them 100% of the time.

Anyone else have twins and live up a couple of flights of stairs?

Thanks in advance!
Aug-09 :BFN:
22-Nov-09 :BFP: :party:
1st Scan 14-Dec-09 :heart: :heart:

kasey

Reg: Aug 8th 2007

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 9:30pm

hi, i also live on 2nd floor with 10 month old twins. no lift acsess. Up until now i carry both down in their carry chairs, but it its getting almost impossible as they are now so heavy. It wont be long until their in the next stage car seats and then it is going to become a real problem,as i would feel unsafe carrying both of them down 2 flights of stairs in my arms.
Me 36 TTC 7 Years
IUI 5 Failed Cycles 2001
Lasp/emdo dye/Norm2005
Clomid/Injs 1 Failed Cycle 2006
ICSI June 07/(40)Egg Share
1st FET 15/07/:BFN:
ICSI Oct 07/(48 )Egg Share
2nd Fresh trans 10/11/07 :BFN:
IVF June 08/(39)Egg Share
3rd Trans 20/06/08 :BFP:

webby

• "webby" started this thread

Reg: Nov 17th 2009

Children: LWC

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 1:50pm

Thanks for the reply kasey! :)

Since we live in the middle of the town it's quite likely the DW will be trying to get downstairs with a buggy as well...maybe always leaving it in the boot of the car instead is a better option!
Aug-09 :BFN:
22-Nov-09 :BFP: :party:
1st Scan 14-Dec-09 :heart: :heart:

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 8:09pm

Hi Webby

Huge congrats! Although I don't live in a flat my pram has to live in the car. Could your DW look at something like a Kari me sling for one of them and then the other in a car seat? Apparently you can carry twins in the Kari Me sling but to be honest I never worked it out, it just didn't feel safe to have two in it at once. Also I have heard others talk o Bundle Bags, google them and see what you think?

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Friday, April 16th 2010, 3:33pm

So do i!!

Hi there, i live in a flat, and to be honest it's a nitemare when i go out!! the other day i had to go up and down my stairs 18 times just to put out 2 lots of washing and take the twins for a walk! i have to go down to sort the pram out (we are not allowed to leave it in communal areas) then run down and take one, run back up and collect the other, take him down and then run back up to collect my bags and lock up!! i hate leaving them, but no other way at the moment, i just try to think of the exercise!! :snigger:
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE