You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sammysue" started this thread

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 7:29pm

Hand expressing and storage advise?

Hi prob being a bit daft but i wanna do a bit of hand expressing as my pump hurts too much at the moment but not sure what to express into before i pour it into storage/freezing bags? I expressed a bit into a bottle before when my milk came in but thats just too fiddly and it went everywhere :innocent:
Can i just express into a normal jug then pour into bags or does it need to be steralized first?
Brains not working at the moment so sorry if stupid question :D
Thanks xx

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Michelle

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 7:36pm

Hello hun :D

You can express into anything you like really but i would sterilse it first and then pour into the bags and seal as soon as you can afterwards.
Well done on being able to hand express, i really wanted to be able to do that but was rubbish at it!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 7:52pm

Thanks hun just trying to find something big enough to express in to but also small enough to fit into sterilizer??

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Michelle

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:01pm

If you have some milton you can just use a clean bucket or washing up bowl with solution in to sterilise the jug. Just leave it in for at least 15 mins.
Or in a large saucepan you can boil for 5 mins.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:06pm

good thinking hun - told you my brain needed some help lol

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Michelle

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:13pm

No problem.
The brain thing does get better by the way - slowly though and i don't think you ever get back the ability to remember what you went to the shop for when you get there :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, December 21st 2009, 9:46am

Hi Sammysue, yep as Michelle says, just a sterile jug is fine, however, I have a funnel type thingy made by Medela (who make the pumps) and its great. When I hand express, milk seems to squirt out in all directions and this has a really wide mouth but fits on to a feeding bottle so it catches all of it. This is it (not FZ endorsed link) http://www.medela.co.uk/UK/breastfeeding/products/funnel.php