You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Friday, January 29th 2010, 7:31pm

can anyone help???? childcare vouchers and tax credits

GRR have just made 3 phone calls to busy bees childcare vouchers and 2 phonecalls to the tax credits and i am still non the wiser!!

I phoned up to set up child care vouchers as both mine and dp's employers provide them. I always thought that i could claim BOTH childcare vouchers and the childcare element of tax credits but according to busy bees we can't. The tax credit advisors say otherwise!

My understanding is that if our child care is £114 per week and after we've used our vouchers we only need to pay £78 per week then we would go to the tax credits and tell them our weekly fee is £78 per week. Then we would receive the childcare element of tax credits based on £78 a week. Is this not right? Busy bees seemed to think that we either use childcare vouchers or childcare element of WTC NEVER both.

very confused! and in a bit of a rush to get the vouchers sorted for nxt months pay if we can infact have both.
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, January 29th 2010, 7:37pm

I'm almost positive that I used vouchers and claimed tax credits on the remainder, as you said.

I'd ring TC again, take the name of the person you're speaking to, write down what they say and log the date and time and follow the advice. If it ever came to light that your claim was wrong they would listen to the calls and you would be clear as you would've been misadvised. I had to do this once but I had written everything down and could prove that I had given them the correct information.

• "Loopylala" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 23rd 2009

Children: Twins Roo & Seb

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 10:33pm

Hi you cant claim the childcare element of working tax credits and use childcare vouchers, but you can get Tax credits and the vouchers, For example me and dh do £243 and £240 straight out of our wages, we then get £80 a month tax credits, as a couple we earn too much between us to get the childcare element of tax credits and are better off doing the vouchers!! My friend for example is a single mum and works over 16 hours a week can claim child tax credits and working tax credits as she is a single mum with one income and would be worse off doing childcare vouchers! Hope that makes sense and I havent confused you even more!!!

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Friday, February 5th 2010, 8:07pm

DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Reg: Oct 15th 2005

Monday, March 1st 2010, 1:42pm

Nice to know, so I can act as well
THANK GOD OUR FAMILY IS NOW COMPLETE
ME-36 DH-42
Male factor/PCOS
Ist IVF/ICSI (Eggshare)-Jul/Aug'05-BFN
2nd IVF/ICSI (Eggshare)-Nov/Dec'05-BFP

Natural FET- Dec '07-(Abandoned no ovulation)
Med FET-Feb/Mar'08-BFP miscarried/ectopic (right tube removed & had a lap dye)
SUPRISE NATURAL BFP-May'08

tessie

Monday, March 1st 2010, 10:42pm

Generally, if you earn more than £35k as a family you will be better off with vouchers. Less than that and tax credits will be better.

There is a calculator to help you work it out. http://ccincalculator.hmrc.gov.uk/CCIN0.aspx The money saving expert website is also quite helpful.