You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 9:23pm

confused
im so sorry you got a bfn
ive been looking out for your posts the last few days and i had hoped to see you smiling and not devastated
saying it really sucks just doesnt cut it

thinking of you and DH knowing the heartache you must be feeling and i hope you can regroup and try again

take care huni

xXx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 1:46pm

Confused my thoughts are with you at this time. I'm so sorry. I hope that you and DH are looking out for one another. Take time and hopefully next time will be your time.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 8:03pm

Hey everyone, so sorry to hear your news confused. Thinking of you and your DH.

Thanks Shirlz and Julz for the comments regarding the counselling, still not made my mind up yet. Don't know what I'm a afraid of as I'm usually quite open with people and will talk about things.

Hope everyone else is doing okay xx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 8:19pm

Im so sorry Confused my thoughts are with you xxxx

Havent been on in a while,i hope every1s ok,well me i got told with my 23 embryos ill get about 4 FET attempts from them and if they dont work due to severe OHSS last time i will be on short protocol with reduced dosage of drugs,doc says im 2 fertile lol,well i go away next wednesday for 3 weeks to turkey cant wait although cant drink,might have a fly one lol,only because i come back the 28th and hosital phoning me 3rd august to arrage transfer,so im happy even though cant drink much and will be taking all these vitamins i will still have a ball so deserve it xxxxxx

Is it just me but i think Dr Medina is so lovely,shehs been there for mein so many ways even when i was inhosp for nearly 2 weeks,she cme saw me every day xxxxxxx

love and hugz tracey xxxxx

button

Reg: Feb 4th 2010

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 7:03pm

Hello Ladies! Would you mind if I join you on here? This is the 4th and final cycle of IVF I'm about to start and I've been on here reading for
a long time and not been brave enough to post. Been attending GRI since 2008 so probably bumped into a lot of you in the dreaded silent waiting room at some point!
Anyway..... I'm doingthe short protocol again this time and started Gonal F 375 on friday and add in cetrotide on monday night. First scan is on friday morning and I'm just a bit terrified.
Had a long protocol cycle cancelled in 2008 due to no response and the memory of it never leaves me. I did the short protocol last year and although I had 5 follicles, there was only
1 egg which although fertilised normally, gave us a BFN.

Everyone seems really friendly on here and it would be good to have a bit of support and empathy. All my friends have children and haven't a clue what goes on.

Take care xx
BUTTON

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "button" (Jul 4th 2010, 7:05pm)

Reg: Aug 27th 2009

Children: None-Hopefully one day!

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 7:38pm

Hi Button

I know what you mean about that waiting room, sometimes they have the radio on and other times you can hear a pin drop, I think Its makes it even worse as you feel like your are in a library and you cant talk. :shush:
Are you a private patient?
:xxx3:
Jen
1st IVF Cycle Sept 09 - BFN , 1st Natural FET Jan 10 - BFN, 2nd Natural FET June 10 - BFN
Dancing Queen's Very Own IVF Diary

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 7:49pm

Hi Button and welcome to FZ and to the GRI site. The girls on here are all lovely. We try to support and help when and where needed. I hope that you get a BFP this time round. Sounds as though you have already been through the mill. I hope that when you go for your scan on Friday that you will get some good news. Try and remember that it does only take one as that is all we had and we now have a five month old little boy. We will all try and support you as best we can.

Christine xx

button

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 8:25pm

Thanks girls.
Dancing Queen- we self funded to start with as the Glasgow waiting list was so long. Had a huge number of problems particularly with communication and had to complain. This is now my 2nd NHS attempt. Been pursuing the donor route (with my sis) since the last failed cycle which was ok to start with. However, they started frowning as I was about to turn 40 and told me in April that I had to have my last cycle asap although the lists were full for the next 3 months AAAAAAAAARRRGHHH! Onwards and upwards!

Christine- I had my last cycle round about the same time as you did last year and been following your success. You're an inspiration.

Oh well, back to Emmerdale! Making the most of sitting round doing nothing xx
BUTTON

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 8:57pm

Evening all, and a special welcome to Button - well done for taking the plunge! They're a great bunch in here as you will already know if you've been reading regularly.
Been keeping a wee eye on everyone but not much to report. Scan went well on Wednesday and started stims straight away, so now half way through with scan on Friday - might see you Button! They doubled the dose this time to try to get a better response, so on 300 Menopur once a day. Looks like EC will be a week on Monday....here we go again!!
Shirlz - Lovely to see you back!
Confused - How are you pet? Been thinking about you.
Tracey - nice to see you back too and hope you are fully recovered, Have a fab hol - you deserve it!
Bushbaby - did you decide what to do? You know we're here for you too!
Christine - Adam is 5 months already? Where does the time go?!
Weeyin - how you keeping?...or are you on the other thread now?!!!!
Hi to everyone else.
xx

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 8:29pm

newshy Hi everyone, how's folks doing? Good to see others taking the plunge and posting as once you've posted you can't stop lol. Glad to hear everything going well so far pinkdaisy and have everything crossed for you. Still dilly dallying about the counselling but we've not decided when we're going to go for our next cycle yet so maybe when we do that it'll give me a kick up the jacksey to actually make a decision lol. Don't really have a lot to report right now, kinda feel as if the momentum has slowed a wee bit but that's not a bad thing I suppose, just wish the bloody momentum would slow at work cos so busy but at least takes my mind off of things sort-of-a :girl_hide: .

Anyways sitting here babbling now for the sake of it so gonna shoot and watch second half of footie xx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 9:55pm

Evening, just dropping by quickly to see how ure all doin??

Hi button and welcome to FZ :hi: you'll get lots of help and advice from everyone on here. I know what you mean about the waiting room being so quiet. DH always likes to grab himself a coffee when were there and it makes such a bloody racket!!! You can just feel everyones eyes lookng at him and growling cos its soooooo noisy !!! :coffee:

Confused - how u doin petal? Im missing u loads........ bigkiss

pinkdaisy - great your off and running! happydance hope alls well for your scan on Friday honey

traceyb - enjoy your holiday, Im soooo jealous :cheeers:

shirlz, bushbaby, Julz, anyone else Ive missed, hope your all ok [zx068]

Pinkdaisy and I were talking the other day about maybe arranging another meet up, anyone fancy it?? Open to suggestions of where, when etc etc.
I can do most evenings, althou I have a week off work end of July so could make it during the day then if that suits people better.
Let me know what you think grouphug

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 10:15pm

Hey folks I miss u weeyin and pinkdaisy xxx

Just finding this so hard it's unreal, I have never cried so much in my life. My AF is normally here and gone within 3 days max and I am still bleeding lightly, it's like a constant reminder to me of what a failure I am and I wonder if I will ever be a mother.

I am sorry for such a negative post but it's how I feel

Xxx
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

button

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 9:12am

Good morning Ladies! Hope all is well with everyone.

Pinkdaisy- hope the stimms are going ok xfingers for friday.

traceyb- have a fab time in Turkey. You deserve the break after all you've been through

weeyin- hope you're keeping well. its girls like you who are an inspiration to the rest of us and give us belief that it can be done.

confused- take care of yourself. It does get better with time I promise. It's just hard to see that at the moment. Big Hugs xx

Dancingqueen, christine, shirlz, bushbaby and anyone else I've forgotten hope you're all ok. I will get to know everyone, I promise

AFM- well this is now day 6 of stimms and I'm worried as I have no symptoms, twinges or side effects :-(. I'm just hoping that there are follies growing to be seen at my scan on friday xfingers.

I made a complete mess of my injections yesterday! You would think Iwould be used to the drill by now but my arithmetic is obviously rubbish and I ended up having to inject 3 times

yesterday with the Gonal F!!!I also gave myself a spectacular needlestick injury as well. I'm a nurse- should know better!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Hope everyone has a nice positive day xxx
BUTTON

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "button" (Jul 7th 2010, 9:14am)

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 10:29pm

Confused - Button is right, it does get easier - a little every day but there are dark days too when you feel everything is against you and it'll never happen, but we wouldn't put ourselves through it all if we didn't believe there was hope. Please don't feel like a failure - I know exactly what you mean, but our time will come! I hope you're feeling a little better - I'm sending you a great big hug!! :cuddle

Weeyin - Let me know when suits for :coffee: . We might be getting away for a few days toward the end of July during the dreaded 2ww but no firm plans yet.

Button - I have a cycle buddy, yeah!! :party: I was starting to feel very alone in here! I'm on day 8 of stims and no major needle dramas yet although our fridge is playing up a bit and I was worried when I took the stuff out this morning that it might have frozen - oops, Seemed to be ok. A few twinges last week but nothing much since although I've been feeling a bit queasy especially with strong smells and I'm tired and really lacking energy, apart from that, tip top! Thinking EC might be Monday but I'll find out on Friday. What about you?

How's everyone else? Waves!! :hi:

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

button

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 7:21pm

Evening Ladies,

Hope everyone is well tonight.

Pinkdaisy- just popping in to wish you the best of luck tomorrow. It's my first scan and as I'm a poor responder, will almost definetly be back for another on Monday. I can't think past that just now. Have had a cycle cancelled at this stage before so I'm always cautious. When is your appointment? Think I'm in at 9.35 so may see you there.

Sorry for the lack of personals tonight. I'm so stressed out about tomorrow :sadface:

Love to all xx
BUTTON

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 9:08pm

Pinkdaisy and button good luck for your scans tomorrow. I hope that you both get good news when you are there. Button try and stay positive, I know that it's hard. Will be thinking of you both tomorrow.

Christine xx

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 11:06pm

Button and Christine, thanks for the good wishes for tomorrow.
Button - sorry to hear you are stressed about tomorrow - I hope everything goes well for you. I'm in at 8.15 as my sister is getting married tomorrow and I have to be at the hairdresser by 9.30 so the team have kindly promised to see me first!
Feeling ok about the scan - I think I got so stressed during the last cycle and tried to be so careful with everything - taking supplements, going to acupuncture, eating certain foods and it was all for nothing so I'm trying not to think about it too much this time. And the wedding has been keeping me very busy - been out all day helping get stuff organised and now I'm ready to fall into bed. Never felt so disorganised for a wedding in my life - let's hope the hairdresser can work her magic!
Will try to post again on Saturday to let you all know when I'm going for EC.
Night night.
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Friday, July 9th 2010, 1:50pm

Pinkdaisy - hope all went well at scan today and you have a date for EC. [zx127] Enjoy the wedding, lets hope the rain stays away.

Button - same to you, hope your scan goes well, and try not to get too stressed :cuddle

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

button

Friday, July 9th 2010, 2:17pm

Well, not great news for me today. Great difficulty scanning me (not unusual!). Have only got one 10mm follicle on the the right and one 11mm on the left. There are at least 6 smaller ones not big enough to be measured. I'm already on 375 of Gonal F so no room for increasing :-( Nothing I can do but hope but any other advice welcome.

Pinkdaisy- hope the rain keeps away for you today and you have great time. The auxillary mentioned that someone who was scanned earlier was going to her sisters wedding so I had a wee smile to myself! Looking forward to hearing how you got on today.

I'm away abck to my bed to watch tv and direct all my energy to my growing follicles.

Take care xx
BUTTON

Reg: Aug 27th 2009

Children: None-Hopefully one day!

Friday, July 9th 2010, 4:20pm

Hi Button

When are yu back for your next scan? Are you using a hot water bottle, as I done that the 1st time and after a weekend doing it when I went back for a scan on the Monday mine had grew enough for EC, might we worth a try?
Ive had problems at ET, I had to go to the Vicky (Never been there before and dont stay near it but I think they are using the day unit to bring waiting times down) to get my cervix dialated prior to starting the previous FET. I think cause Ive had so much abdominal surgery ntohing seems to be sitting in the right place :S

PinkDaisy-Hope the rain stays away for the wedding, Im sure it will all fall into place xfingers

Weeyin-Has your BFP sunk in yet? Whereabouts in Cumbernauld do you stay?

Jen
1st IVF Cycle Sept 09 - BFN , 1st Natural FET Jan 10 - BFN, 2nd Natural FET June 10 - BFN
Dancing Queen's Very Own IVF Diary

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 4:31pm

Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been missing in action, been on my hols for the last week and before that was taking a bit of a step back. Seems lots has been happening. We had a great hols, at times was a bit difficult since were with friends both who have lo's who are super cute and one is pg, 2 wks ahead of me so the pg talk, but otherwise was great to relax.

Pink daisy and button, hope all is going well and that ET is soon and goes well!

Waves to everyone else!!

Well we are still on our break. Did an HPT just before our hols and still BFP (2 wks after D&C) so hoping hormone levels are dropping soon so that my body gets back to normal. Had stopped the bleeding even managed one bding sesh on hols, though it was really wierd and a bit upseting (couldn't stop thinking the last thing that was up there was taking my baby away from me.) but hopefully it will get back to normal from now. But then oddly today had some spotting, not expecting af til next week at the earliest so not sure what it is. Guess I'll just need to keep an eye on it. Might do another HPT to see if it is still BFP and if so call the clinic cause that will be 4wks since mc.

Back to ACS on the 27th for our follow up so will see what happens then and what they advise. Have had a drink for every night this week, but ready to get back on track and get going again and get this lo on it's way!!!

Well off to catch up on everything I have missed for the last wk!!

Love luck and baby dust!

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 7:55pm

Hey girls, sorry not posted in a while. I have been checking up on you all every now and then I promise.

Julz- Glad you had a good holiday, must've been difficult with all the PG talk. Do your friends know what you guys are going thro? It seems as tho you're doing well tho and sounding quite positive and i'm glad to see that.

Confused- Oh dear chicken, just want to give you a big :hugs: I'm lucky that i've not experienced what you're going thro but if all these great girls can get thro it then i'm sure you'll get there. Do you know what'll be happening next with your treatment?

Button- Hope your smaller follies are fattening up nicely for you. The may catch up, it's amazing what a another couple of days injection can do. My 1st scan was a bit disappointing and up until then, i'd still been hitting the gym big time and my boss suggested that I take it easy and just let my body concentrate on the most important thing so I took it easy and gave my follies a bit of TLC. Not sure if it made any difference but hey ho, we'll try anything. Think I might've read somewhere that eating lots of protein helps.

Pinkdaisy- Hope you had a fab time at the wedding. Were you a bridesmaid. It's good you've had something to keep you busy. Hope the scan went well.

Dancingqueen- How are you? Couldn't get onto last page to check what you've been up to. What stage you at at the moment?

Hi to everyone else, sorry if i've missed anything important
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 8:19pm

hi ladies
hope u are all well
i need my jaw wired coz im guzzling like a pig and cant fit my size 14's :(

confused n julz i wanna give u both a big hug

pinkdaisy and button i hope your next scans show lovely follies growing and you get closer to EC

christine give adam a hug 4 me!

i know where silverburn is now if you plan a meet up for there! we went out for a run in the car on a lovely day, got lost in southside glasgow and torrential rain, thunder n lightning unleashed upon us as we sat arguing in the car - i won coz i was driving btw - but outcome was i know where the big shopping centre my manager always harks on about is (personally i love braehead n clydebank so i will need a shopping day there to compare hehe)

thinking of u all even tho im not in much

shirlz xXx

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 10:04pm

Hi everyone,
Just a quick update as need to get to bed - am exhausted after a fab wedding! Button - how funny that you knew it was me she was talking about! They kindly took me first yesterday which meant I made it to the hairdresser on time only to be kept waiting half an hour.....then my hair got completely ruined in the wind and rain anyway! Not to worry, was still a great day and wee sis loved it. Button - sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your scan, are you back on Monday? At least there are some other ones there, sounds like they need a good kick up the backside! Hope you are resting and giving them a good talking to to get them to GROW!!!!
Thanks for the good wishes from everyone else and nice to see Julz, Pinkchick and Shirlz popping in again (yes I was a fat bridesmaid - big tummy with tummy hugging pants that actually just pushed everything up and gave me even more lumps and bumps than usual!).
The higher dose of stims has definitely helped to increase the number of follicles this time - I think there were about 12ish, mostly about 12 to 15 and lining was 12ish, so they asked me to come back on Monday for another scan with EC being Wed. But when I left I suddenly wondered if that would mean nasal spray and I didn't have any so I called them only to find out that they had called me and to cut a long story short I now have to go for EC on Tues and for my booster at 10am tomorrow - as they didn't give me it away with me...and this whole conversation was going on over the phone at the back of the marquee as my brother in law was starting his speech! Just as well most of the people there knew what we're going through! Bit worried that Tues is too soon and Wed would have been better but I'm sure they know what they're doing...time will tell I guess.
So much for a quickie - off to bed now.
Catch up properly tomorrow.
Night night.
x

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Julz

Ace

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 9:47am

Pinkdaisy - wow sounds all go! Good luck for Tues, sure you will be fine! Hope it's 2nd time lucky for you!! We need a run of good luck on here!!!

Shirlz - I'll make a deal with you, the tow of us from today will put 110% in to get ready for the next cycle and will get our BFPS!!!! Deal?!?!

Pinkchick - they do know, so they were being very supportive but at the same time when one is pg and they both have los, they can't not talk about it at all abou me, so I don't mind, just there are the odd moments when it gets a bit much. But they are all very supportive and understanding of our situation.

Christine - big hug for the the lil man from me too.

Well... after the odd spotting yesterday 25 dp D&C, af arrived full flow just in time for going to bed. So we are now on cd1. Did another HPT and it was very very faint, only visible to the trained eye of a longterm ttcer! FUnny how normally I would think great, that's a line, it's BFP and now I'm thinking, great, it's so faint it's nearly BFN! swings in roundabouts right?!? So thought about calling the clinic to see if they would book us in, don't have our follow up until 27th - should be about cd 15 by then, so have decided not to call, if they decide to give us our last IUI and let us book in by then will still be on time for DR on cd 21, otherwise might just give it a shot on our own this month and go for it next month and if they don't give us the IUI we will discuss going back to GCRM for ICSI.

But I am doing everything I can to be 100% ready for this one. Loosing weight, eating right, all starts here and now. BFP here we come, this time for a sticky one!!

Jxx

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 1:13pm

right julz its on like donkey kong- starting tomorrow!!
not long till the 27th and i hope u get your last iui, im hoping for next cycle starting mid-late august or the following month at latest so i will try and book in when af arrives in less than 2 weeks time. i know i wont get booked in due to lab closure but theres no harm in trying. tho i will be SP not long

pinkdaisy well done u on the follie growing! i can only dream of 12 and i hope yours all grow well for ec tuesday. i bet u looked grest at the wedding!

button i hope those follies are doing as they are told and growing for u

i best get up n at em, had a few drinks last night and they didnt agree with me. gotta trek to my parents again and use their washing machine as ours is broken again- cost us 60quid last week to get it fixed n its on the blink again- not much older than 2years either! hmpff

xXx

button

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 3:37pm

Afternoon Ladies!

What another terrible day with the weather :sadface:. I have stayed in bed all day today watching crap TV with my
hot water bottle and have been drinking loads of milk and water.

Pinkdaisy- Glad to hear your good news and hope all goes well on tuesday. Look forward to hearing how it all goes xx

Shirlz- Good luck with getting past the booking in police! Keep up that PMA girl and give it your best x

Julz- Been reading about your awful journey but best of luck next time. You deserve it x

DancingQueen- Yep the hot water bottle has hardly left me since friday (apart from my extra acu sesh yesterday!).

Christine- Hope the wee guy is behaving for you. Good luck with going back to work. I think i remember you saying you were a nurse- which hospital do you work in? I'm a nurse too

AFM- Well,the last few days have been soooooooo hard. One minute I feel quite positive and confident that my follies are growing and the next just total and utter despair. Been getting the odd twinge so you never know but sadly I've been here before. I'm 40 now and at the end of my journey but on thepositive side, DH and I still have each other and we haven't actuallylost anything. We've done everything we can to make it happen. Planningt o get away for some sunshine in August if we get bad news tomorrow. On the other hand, I'm prepared to do battle with if there's
even been a little bit of improvement. I've had hassles in the past with them as they can be very inflexible and seem to have a 'one size fits all' attitude unless pushed. At tomorrows scan, I'll only have been stimming for 10 full days so hoping that they will continue as I am a poor responder (AMH 1.6 in 2008). Someone on another thread suggestedconverting to IUI if I still have the 2 follicles.

Sorry for the rant girls. Theres no- one else who understands. Thanks for all your advice and support the past few days- put a few more positive thoughts in my head. I'm off to watch the rubbish that is Footballer Wives. Love it !!!!!!!

Love to everyone and good luck to all those I've missed xxx
BUTTON

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "button" (Jul 11th 2010, 3:39pm)

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 8:11pm

Hi everyone,

Button - good luck for tomorrow. I really hope those follies have been growing loads whilst you've been resting this weekend and you get happy news tomorrow. [zx126] Don't give up because of your age - I get down sometimes too because I'm 39 now but we have to stay positive. :yes: I have a work colleague who had her first little one at 45 I think it was!...and don't worry about ranting - that's what we're all here for!
Julz - hooray for AF!! Crazy isn't it? But at least you can get on now and start planning for your next cycle. Maybe you Shirlz will be cycle buddies?!
Big waves to Weeyin, Confused, Christine, Shirlz, Dancing Queen, Tracey and :hello: to everyone else if you drop in!
Had to collect booster this morning and she said bloods were good so will def be ready on Tues. Third on the list - I hate the waiting! Bloomin Jeremy Kyle on the TV too. Going to try to take it easy this week, would love to be chilling on a sun lounger with a book somewhere hot but don't think it's gonna happen - unless we start doing Lotto?!
Booster at 9pm and then no drugs tomorrow, yippee! woohoo Oh I soooooo want this to work this time. :pray:

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 8:25pm

Pinkdiasy good luck for Tues I hope that you get plenty of eggs and that you have plenty to choose from to go back in. When would ET be?
Julz glad that AF has arrived and that you can now get ready for the next try. I'm glad that you had a good week away and that you feel a bit more relaxed. I wish you all the luck in the world to get that BFP. PMA is what is needed. I hope that you get booked in when you are ready.
Shirlz It's good to see you are a bit more positive and I hope that when you try and get booked in that you are lucky and it's all go. I hope that with your new protocol that you will get that BFP and that we are going to have a run of them on here.
Button Good luck for the scan tomorrow and I hope that all your follicles have been growing and that you will get some good news tomorrow. Remember that you know your body so fight if you have to but hopefully you wont.
AFM I work at the souther button, where do you work? Adam has been full of the cold and has had a bad chest. Getting over it now but has problems breathing when asleep. Last night had me up for 2 hours trying to breath, poor wee lamb. Other wise he is doing well. He appears to have settled in to nursery. Is off his food at present but not suprising when having trouble breathing. Hopefully will be ok to go to nursery tomorrow. Well Wed is d day when I'm back at the mad house, dreading it but know that once I'm there it will be like I have never been away. DH is off this week so that makes it easier. Ward manager has been rotten with my shifts but not to worry wont let it get to me.
If you arrange another meet then if I'm off I'll certainly be there. Better go DH has made the dinner.

Christine xx

button

Monday, July 12th 2010, 12:40pm

Well girls, a quick wee update from me.

Scan was looking so much better this morning compared to friday. Right has 11, 10 and 3 smaller follies. Left 14, 13, 12 and one smaller. Lining is only 5 mm but thats ok at the moment. Not unknown for them not to get an accurate pic and they had to shrink down the image on the screen when they eventually found my left ovary to concentrate the U/S beam! Phewwww :) .

Anyway, looks like we're making progress albeit slowly but feeling so much better. Back again for scan on wednesday and probably friday. EC will not be till next mon at the earliest if things continue to progress xfingers

Thanks everyone for all your support and PMA beamed through to me. I really appreciate it. Been going out of my mind all weekend. Hope everyone has a good day xx
BUTTON

Monday, July 12th 2010, 6:12pm

Button - well done, that is fantastic news! You must be so relieved after all that worry. They just need to keep growing and growing so make sure you don't lose that PMA!

Christine - thanks and sorry to hear that Adam hasn't been too well. I think it's part of the settling in process at nursery - he'll be building up his immune system and be all the stronger for it in years to come. Poor wee thing, hope he's back to full health again soon, can't be easy for you when you're trying to get back into work on not much sleep.
ET will probably be Thursday - they haven't said that to me but I'm assuming after last time it'll be the same.

Been really down today, very emotional. I think I'm just quite anxious about this week and what it will bring. Just feel there's so much pressure and the slightest thing is sending me over the edge today, been a bit of a blubbering mess. Wish I had a crystal ball!
I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow.
Love to all.
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Monday, July 12th 2010, 10:16pm

:wave: Hi guys, hope you're all doing okay and surviving this well dodgy weather lol. It's nice to see both Shirlz and Julz back and loving the pma of you both, think I need to adopt that. Glad to hear you got good news today Button and I've got everything crossed for you Pink Daisy for this week.

AFM I spent the weekend moping about. I usually go to T in the Park every year and this was the first time in eleven years that DH and me had decided not to go as we were convinced that our treatment would work and we would either have been pg or had a wee one. AF arrived on Friday and it was again a reminder of another year going past and not having the final result that we both wanted. I think this time last year we had just had our second attempt at IUI so were still feeling pretty hopeful and were not even considering that a year down the line we would still be going through this. How's that for PMA lol :duh: Anyways with AF arriving it means we can now crack on with our second NHS IVF attempt and have my first appointment booked for the 29th July so all good in the hood tee hee. Need to try and remain positive and seriously considering getting a dog for us both to focus our energies on that. We've deliberated for years whether we should get one cos of our work but DH now only working fifteen mins away from the house so means he can get home at lunchtimes. However, no final decision yet lol. We had my inlaws dog overnight on Sat and apparently I'm a much nicer person when there's a four legged companion about. :angel2:

Anyhow hope everyone has a good week xx
Bushbaby
My Diary

Reg: Aug 16th 2009

Children: None

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 12:22am

Hi all,

Pinkdaisy - Sending you some PMA. This whole thing really is an emotional rollercoaster and I have no doubt that you will be felling better after a good wee sleep. I love a good cry and finds it can be quite liberating. I found myself :tears: watching big brother tonight and I aint even on any meds at moment, so go figure!! xfingers for Thursday

Button - We seem to share the same genes. My body takes ages but gets there in the end too. Good luck for Wednesday.

Julz - You have been through the mill. But sounds like you have kept up the fighting spirit!! :box: I dont think they will have any problem with you doing last IUI if you want. You just need to decide how you feel about it. I felt really negative starting my last IUI, but figured that I had nothing better to do, suprisingly as soon as I started injecting all my PMA returned. It wasn't to be and got BFN but I still think all the info the medical team get on how your body responds etc is helpful for the IVF plan regardless. Hope you get some answers at your follow up.

Shirlz - Fingers crossed on getting booked in next cycle. I am not sure what bits closed for refurbishment, but it meant I couldn't get booked in last cycle, so you might be lucky now.

AFM - After my third and final failed attempt at IUI in April, I stepped away from all TTC to at least try and remember what other hobbies I have. I got to the top of the ever extending IVF list and went for my mini screening. Straight forward enough as they just went through the IVF procedure with me and DP. They decided I should book in for a cathater/ mock transfer test mid cycle as all my IUI's where a little aukward to say the least. Was not looking forward to that as they where just going to try various sized cathaters to find the least painful. After I had my cervix clamped on two occasions, MOST painful thing EVER!!, :yell: I couldn't think of anything less fun to do. At least at IUI you leave with some hope. Anyway, turned out to be a pretty straight forward appointment, thankfully!! I started AF on Friday and am booked in for my Prostrap on the 29th July, so Bushbaby, looks like we will be cycle buddies!!

Let the rollercoaster begin.......... AGAIN :pray:

Rosey toes
xfingers
newshy Rosey toes

1st IUI (Dec 2009) - :BFN:
2nd IUI (Feb 2010) - :BFN:
3rd IUI (Mar 2010) - :BFN:

IVF - POSTRAP 29th July 2010
xfingers babydust

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 10:46am

button brilliant news your ovaries are playing ball, keep the pma up and you will be at EC in no time i hope with all my heart

pinkdaisy good luck for today! i hope you get some lovely mature eggies

bushbaby n rosey its great you 2 will be cycle buddies. i think i will be a few weeks after you and hope to add to the growing graduates with bfp's

julz hows the will power n determination going? mine is flagging already!

christine good luck for wednesday, i bet u will be filled with dread going back to work- i know the feeling! if only we didnt need to work to live

hi to everyone else in the gri thread, i know some havnt been in for a while and if you drop by this is a hi for you
you know who u are!! (and im awful at remembering all the names)

thinking of you all

xXx

ps my DF has decided he is getting a prince albert :8o: :snigger:

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 4:15pm

Hi Everyone xx

Sorry I have not been on in ages, but I decided to have a break away as I was finding it all to much. My last IUI was a BFN and it really took it out of me ;(

Went back to the hospital today thought I was starting my IVF but I was lucky if i was in for 5 mins, thought i was going to cry infront of the doctor, she basically told us we are still not at the top of the list that i have now been on for 2 years :scream: and that they are still working on calling the people who were due to be called up in June. So she thinks it will be September before it is my turn and thats just to fill the paperwork in. Dont know why they tell us 2 years and get our hopes up :sadface: . I also have to go in for a mid cycle test, so glad to hear it's not to sore. Can't believe I thought i was going in to the clinic today to get started, really fed up now and only got back from my hols last night!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I hope everyone is well i have loads to read through since ive not been on for ages

Takecare and talk soon xxxxxxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 5:33pm

Liz33 - Why did you have an appointment to go in today if you where still not top of the list... That was sooo mean!! I would have definately cried!! Dont be worrying about mid cycle test..... its fine.

Shirlz - Sorry to be a thicko, but whats a prince Albert? Have been wracking my brains but still not come up with anything

Rosey Toes
xfingers
newshy Rosey toes

xfingers babydust

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 5:55pm

Hi girls,
Got home about 1.30 but have been really wiped this time - apparently my hormone levels were almost 3 times what they were the last time and this explains the exhaustion.
Anyway got 13 almost double the result for double the dose of last time. 13 on the 13th. Hope it's lucky.
Back on Thurs for transfer and going to try to find a wee hol away for the 2ww.
Rosey and Liz - lovely to see you back. Catch up properly when I'm back on this planet.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 6:03pm

Wow it is getting busy again on here!

Shirlz - slightly flagging but managed to get away sharp and gonna go for a run.... come on girl - keep it up! We can do it!

Pinkdaisy - keeping everything crossed for you! All sounding good so far!!

Rosey - glad to see you, sorry about the BFN, we've had a hard time with it too... hope the IVF does the trick!

Bushbaby - sorry for you too, hang in there, they told me the same about the IVF if we don't get our IUI, I should be at the top now but won't get called til Sept at earliest and likely won't start tx until the new year. If that does happen we are seriously thinking about going back to the GCRM, I couldn't wait until the new year doing nothing. It's so hard isn't it!

Waves to everyone else! Hope you are all well! Come on girls lets all get some BFPs on this board!!!

Love luck and babydust

Jxx

button

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 12:43pm

Sorry to be so negative but my life seems to resembling something out of a nightmare at the moment. I went back for my next scan today and they couldn't get a clear view at all. In fact, they could only really make out 1 follicle on my left side :bawl: . My E2 was only 162 on monday (when I had 5) so not looking good at all. Where have they all gone??? I'm in total despair. I had to make an appt for friday and one of the consultants will scan me etc, etc but I'm just waiting for the phone to ring this pm to tell me my E2 levels aren't rising and its all over.

After such good news on mon, my PMA is disappearing fast.

I'll come back on later with some personals but I need a lie down now xxx
BUTTON

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 1:39pm

Oh Button, I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't go well this morning. I really hope you don't get that phonecall and when you go back on Friday the picture will be brighter.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 5:52pm

c'mon the E2 levels for button! i have everything crossed you didnt get a phonecall and the consultant has better luck on fridays scan
have a good talking to your ovaries! im sending some PMA- i dont seem to need it today after having supervision at work and being told im a fantastic strong member of the team and my practice is excellent- also i ran the 1st staff workshop on fire safety and everyone was pleased with my training and i got lots of compliments. so i am oozing PMA and will email it all to you huni.
come on follicles grow for mummy, quit hiding

rosey a prince albert is a boaby piercing! hehe DF went up, but he couldnt have it done- he was gutted, went to the pub, got drunk and arrived home just as i got hame from work and proceeded to inform me of why he couldnt get it pierced - he was like a broken record and went over it again and again n again! as drunken men do! he even drew me pictures (about 20 times) on my work rota so i will need to write a new one as i doubt pictures of penis's scrawled all over it would be deemed appropriate lol

hi liz, sorry you have been given a longer wait- can you not complain to your healthboard? hope u had a nice holiday

julz im off plan again, things at work have been getting better and ive been too tired to plan fresh veg for my dinners- will go shopping tomorrow and buy nowt but good foods.

pinkdaisy well done you on the massive amount of eggs! hope they all did well overnight and good luck for ET tomorrow, sounds like they got your cycle right this time!

i have sat down on oor lovely huge sofa and have been pinned down by the cat- a great excuse not to use the excersize bike - stay on my lap cat!!! im sure he will move off soon enough and i will do 30mins on the bike

love to all

xXx

Julz

Ace

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 8:23pm

Shilz - get back on plan!!! I'm not running tonight, only just got in and have to get things ready for hen weekend on Friday, lots to do, but will try and go tomorrow, but will be dancing all weekend! DOes that count? Loving your PMA and well done you for your work!

Button - so sorry hon, hope they didn't phone and will be keeping everything crossed for you!

Was anyone at ACS this morning? I was there and alone :( Well HCG came back at 12 (despite having AF!! and a heavy one at that!) so hopefully that is it going in the right direction. Have to go back a next weds for another round of bloods and hope that by then it is o of my system and if not may have to go back in for a scan, but hoping this af will flush everything out and that will be it. I had my end of period (but not over) bleed free day for most of the day, then big gush tonight, it always does that, tricks me into thinking it is over and then have one more day of heavy bleeding and then stops. So hopefully that is the case and it will be at least down to spotting by the weekend for the hen weekend! And I can get rid of the nappies I have been wearing! Hate it, thank god for tampons, don't think i could do another cycle with pads!

Hope everyone else is well!

Jxx

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 9:43am

Hi girls lots happening on here, I am back at GRI mid August for my final weigh in before treatment. Having lost 45lbs I have another 8 to loose to bring my BMI in at 34 so far i have lost 4lbs of the 8 i need to loose so i am pressing on with the other 4lbs which wont be easy considering i am going on holiday next week. :snigger: I am surrounded my babies everywhere at the moment, my friends seem to be having babies left right and centre at the moment so its not easy ;(
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 10:59am

julz it is a total pain and soul deastrying to have your bloods tracked. i had to return 4 times and they make you return till your level is below 3. hopefully next week is your last

angel you are such an inspiration! i certainly let the side down by piling on loads of weight that i had worked hard to lose. the good news is once you have reached the BMI criteria you are not weighed again - or at least i never have been- till EC that is, and that is just to make sure they get your sedation drugs like.
enjoy your holiday and eat what u need to and get right back on plan afterwards. dont make my mistake of indulging coz it is such a hard vice to break

pinkdaisy good luck for ET today, hope every thing goes well

button hope you keeping your mind active and my PMA got to you ok

urgh when is the sun going to come back out, it is so depressing. should be nice evening walks each day but that cant happen unless you dig out the waterproofs and brave the blustery wind and gigantic puddles

xXx

button

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 11:27am

Morning Ladies!

Hope you're all well amidst this awful weather! At least I don't feel guilty lying around all day :).

Well, no phone call yesterday form GRI (although the occ health nurse from my work rang about 2.30pm and I nearly had a heart attack!!!!!). So we live to fight another day and its back again tomorrow for another scan and more bloods. Must remember to take my ovaries with me this time!!! I'm absolutely exhausted by it all now but mustering up some energy to maintain the PMA.

Pinkdaisy- 13 eggs!! Fantastic news.Hope all goes well at ET today and you're PUPO today xfingers

Shirlz- thanks for keeping me going with all you messages. Keep up the PMA and well done on your work!!!

Julz- I was at ACS yesterday between 9 and 10 ish. It was very quiet wasn't it?? DH and I were on our own for 10 mins as well until another couple came in b4 I had bloods done. All very strange. Hope your HCG trends down quickly for you and you can move on. Been following your story on here :cuddle

Angel mouse- fantastic weight loss!!!! very well done. Enjoy your holiday hon. I know what you mean about being surrounded by babies. Its just so hard.

Christine- Hope work wasn't too bad and you get back into the swing of things quickly. I work in Lanarkshire

Liz- so sorry you're being messed about. I know exactly how you feel :cross: I was referred 3 years ago and its just been a catalogue of disasters, unfairness and miscommunication. I remember my first (pointless) appt 9 months after I was referred to be told by a laughing consultant that had I not moved from Lanarkshire to Glasgow the month before then I would be having my treatment at the GCRM now. I was so angry and my GP even wrote a letter of complaint which wasn't acknowleged. Best of luck. September actually isn't that far away

Got an extra acu session booked at 2pm and maybe go and have a late lunch afterwards. Thank god for jeggings! My abdomen is twice the size it was 2 weeks ago when all this started!!!!

Love to everyone xxx
BUTTON

button

Friday, July 16th 2010, 4:58pm

cycle abandoned

Well, as you see from the title it's all over for me this time ;(. Scan pic still wasn't great but they managed to find 2 follicles at 16mm and 1 at 11mm and maybe more. Said to take away my booster as should be better under sedation on tues. However...... just had the dreaded phone call to say that despite good size follies, my E2 level had dropped slighlty. WTF?????

Anyway, technically as they cancelled prior to EC they said they should offer me another cycle but it will depend on my case review which should be on wednesday. I'm already on max Gonal F on short protocol so they may try something else- ? flare protocol. Anyway, have requested a review appt either way even if it's just for closure if I can't proceed.

Feeling ok just now just a bit rough. 16 days of stimms and cetrotide. Yuk!!

Anyway, thanks for all your support. I'll be back with some personals soon xxxx
BUTTON

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "button" (Jul 16th 2010, 5:00pm)

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 7:01am

thinking of you button

you too pinkdaisy

xXx

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 12:11pm

Button, Sorry to hear the devastating news. Hope you get another go, will be crossing my fingers for you on Wednesday.

Rosey Toes
newshy Rosey toes

xfingers babydust

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 12:48pm

Hey everyone, sorry to hear your news Button, hopefully you'll get another shot and get the result that you're wishing for. Hope everything going okay for you pinkdaisy and thinking of you. Glad to hear that I've got a buddy, Rosey Toes, and we're on this rollercoaster ride together lol.

Sooooo glad it's the holiday weekend......I'm off until Wednesday which is heaven on earth as means don't need to think about anyone else's life and can spend some time focussing on my own. Went out with DH last night for some dinner and a couple of cocktails before we start the process all over again. Meal was fab....cocktails great and the company so so (only kidding). Off to a wedding tonight. First wedding I've been to in a year where I've not either been on meds or pessaries or just had a failed attempt so looking forward to going and enjoying for a change.

Hope everyone else has a fab weekend xx
Bushbaby
My Diary

Sunday, July 18th 2010, 1:51pm

Hi everyone,

How's things?
Button I'm so sorry to hear that your cycle has been abandoned, especially after things were starting to look a bit more promising. I hope you're beginning to feel a little better after all those days of stimming? Good luck with your review.

Bushbaby - hope you had a good time at the wedding and made the most of the fact that you weren't on any drugs! Fab! My neighbours got married yesterday - wouldn't it be funny if that's the wedding you were at?! Enjoy the rest of your time off til Wednesday...at least it's looking brighter today.

Shirlz - how you keeping? You sound much more upbeat these days which is great.

Hi to Rosie, Julz, Christine, Pinkchick, Angelmouse, Weeyin and Confused...where is everyone?

AFM - So much for getting 13 this time. We were down to 8 suitable, 5 fertilised, two transferred and none for the freezer. The two we transferred were 4 cell grade 1s so that was good but transfer didn't go well again. Both embryos were stuck in the catheter AGAIN. I couldn't believe the same thing would happen twice. I was quite anxious that this is where things went wrong the last time but I was assured that it will not harm them. I did some looking online and found that it's quite common and lots of people have had BFPs even when this has happened. I just wonder how they know that they're in the right place and not dropped on the floor or somewhere else? It just seems down to luck - squirt and hope for the best? Trying to stay positive and not obsess over everything like I did the last time in the 2ww so we decided to book a week in Greece and are leaving tonight! Vey much need a lounger and a book and some chill time!!
Not been feeling great though and I'm hoping it's just the Progesterone side effects and nothing worse, but no-one was answering at the hosp this morning so I'll go on hols with fingers crossed and hope for the best. It seems to be classic symptoms - dizzy, tired, sore boobs, upset tummy and really just feeling a bit queasy. Anyone else been like this?

Right, better stop worrying and get some packing done - not a thing in the case yet!

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests