You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 12:30am

Hi Everyone

On very late to-night x having a little glass of wine lol xx went for my mid cycle test today with Dr Lyall and guess what the catheter would not go through :sadface: so like you pink daisy i too have to go in and have my cervix stretched but i was told I would be under a general anesthetic for it. Im sure in the past when i was attending the RAH i was referred to hysteroscopy and was told then my cervis was very tight. Was in a bit of shock today when she told me so didnt really take in everything, and again i was on my own as DH works for himself and cant always come with me. So I didnt take in everything xxx But they did tell me it will take place just before I have my treatment. Anyway if you have any more info can you fill me in lol

Take care and a big hi to everyone xxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 11:20am

wee yin ive been in that room loads of times!! DF gets stage fright if he has to go in there alone! lol the last few times its been a poor sample he has been on his own (tho once was a fantastic sample). at EC we are taken in to get ready while DF goes to give the sample, i think next time i will demand to go help him, if it helps us get a better sample i will push for it. the room is tiny, smells musky and like men ewwwwww it really aint a nice room. and theres not much in the way of *cough cough* reading material!

christine im starting another healthy eating kick- as of monday - again - :(
hope they review your case asap and get back to you

liz enjoy your drinks, im having some tonight after work! sorry your mid cycle test didnt go too well and i hope the surgery helps and you get it asap

you too pinkdaisy, great they will use ultrasound at the next ET- i just hope the dr doing transfer reads your notes and you dont have to remind them and be more stressed out.
regarding the clexane and thick lining- i wonder if i should give them a call. my lining has always been mega thick (over 11mm on day 8-10 of stimms if i remember right) and i wonder if it is too thick for implantation and i should try the clexane- i have aquired some of this but wouldnt want to take it before agreeing it with the consultant but i dont want to ask for another appointment to pester them as ive had 2 visits with dr lyall since last cycle (tho each time my cycle has been discussed something has been changed ie drugs/protocol/dose etc)

julz, button, everyone else
how are you all getting on?

xXx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Reg: Dec 31st 2009

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 12:40pm

Pinkdaisy, glad that your appointment threw up issues that may help for next tx. Don't know much about them but i'm sure ladies on here will be able to advise you.

x

Me blocked tubes
ivf May 2010 failed fertilisation
icsi August 2010 :BFP:
:heart: seen 15/9/10

baby4 27/10/10

MY DIARY

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 1:02pm

Hi girls, not been on in a while but i have been checking up on you all.
Liz and pinkdaisy- oh well a little cervix stretch might be just what you need to make the difference.
Christine- Just wondering about you having another cycle. Will it be a full fresh cycle or do you have any frozen embies? I hope you all don't think i'm being greedy since we were lucky enough for our 1st attempt to be successful. It's just that we were told that once you have a live birth then you're only entitled to use up any frozen embies and not to have any more full cycles. Do you think it might have anything to do with the funding from whichever health trust you're from?
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Monday, August 9th 2010, 7:48am

Hey ladies just popping into say I haven't forgotten about u all, just taking a break from
Icsi, it's so weird that u are desperate to get to the top of the waiting list and when u get there and get a bfn u just want to get away from it all.

Take care xxxxxxx
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

• "Happy Christine" is 49 years old today

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Monday, August 9th 2010, 1:33pm

Pinkchick if we get another go it would be a fresh cycle as we don't have any on ice. I just know that at glasgow were are entitled to two cycles and we have only had the one, just need to wait. Pinkdaisy I see that they have come up with some ideas to help with next time round. I hope that you don't have to wait too long for your stretching and then I hope that if they use ultrasound for implantation then you may get that BFP that you deserve. Liz I hope for you as well that your stretching goes well and that you get that BFP. Confused glad to see you back and hope that you are doing ok. Julz how are you doing. Hi to Shirlz hope that the results of the sample were good. Hi to everyone I've missed, memory terrible as was night shift at the weekend and I'm still shattered. Had to get up to take Adam to nursery and then I can get on with the house work.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Monday, August 9th 2010, 8:33pm

Hi ladies,

Is that right Christine, that's good news, so if you don't use your 2nd cycle then after you've had one you are still entitled to the other, that's good to know.

Shirlz - any word on results?

Pinkchick - waves!

Confused - don't worry hon we all go through the needing space, needing to be back, needing space again, a wonderful rollercoaster ;) hmmm....

Glitterfairy - where are you know with things? I'm completely lost in it all.

Waves to everyone else.

AFM - I have a feeling af is on her way (guess we won't be getting that post mc miracle.) But on the up side we can get on with tx. Started a bit of spotting/coloured discharge today so expect in the couple of days she will be here full flow which is exactly when I am due so that's a bonus. As long as she is here by the end of the wk I will still be booked in for my baseline on the 14th Sept. (Get to start the good old snuff again! Joy! 4 times a day.... can't wait!) So that's me. Here we go again, just really hoping that we get another miracle iui cycle and hopefully something in my body might have kick started.

Love luck and baby dust.

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Monday, August 9th 2010, 10:37pm

Hi everyone,

Liz - what does a mid cycle test involve? Wondering why I was wasn't offered one, especially after the first disasterous transfer! W'hen are you expecting to go for the hysteroscopy? It's good to know I'm not alone! Is it the Victoria that you'll be going to as well? She said it would be a general, but when I looked it up online it seems to be standard to have a local or no anaesthetic at all so I'm wondering what exactly they will be doing??? Any ideas?

Shirlz - how's the healthy eating going? I need to start again next week too. Did you call about the Clexane? It's awful that we feel we're bothering them isn't it? There are so many questions!
Glitterfairy - well done on EC, fantastic result! I need to check the other thread to see how you got on at transfer. Hope you're well. x
Confused and Pinkchick - always lovely to see you popping in!
Christine - that's great if you get to have your other go. Fingers crossed for another positive outcome!
Julz - good to hear you sounding positive as you jump back on!

Hi to everyone else.

xx

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 7:04pm

Well Af arrived right on time today, so now on to 21 day count down to down reg. Joy! Here we go again! Just really really hoping that we aren't wasting our time with the IUI. Well just gotta keep everything crossed. Right best get myself ready for a run and make the most of the next three wks before we start all over again!

Errrr... such a big bag of emotions!!! HORMONES!!!

Jx

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 7:07pm

Julz I'm all crossed for you this time chick xx you sooooo deserve some great news

Good luck xx

Reg: Aug 16th 2009

Children: None

Saturday, August 14th 2010, 10:53pm

HI girls,
Very quiet on here these days. Was just hoping you could answer a wee question. AF arrived as normal on a week past Friday and had finished in time for my baseline scan appointment on Wednesday. I started my injections on Wednesday night, I am on Gonal-F 375iu injections. But I have started spotting last night and has continued all today. It is very light spotting and am not sure if I should be worried???? Anyone else experienced this when stimming? ?o(

xfingers

Rosey Toes
newshy Rosey toes

1st IUI (Dec 2009) - :BFN:
2nd IUI (Feb 2010) - :BFN:
3rd IUI (Mar 2010) - :BFN:

IVF - POSTRAP 29th July 2010
xfingers babydust

Reg: Aug 15th 2008

Children: Lovely DD 22yrs

Saturday, August 14th 2010, 11:28pm

Hi Rosey toes,

Try not to worry and give the GRI a call in the morning for a little reassurance. This happened to me too and I went on to work myself up into a right state and by the time I contacted the nurse at the GRI the tears were in full flow. I was told to make sure I had some suitable pain relief if I was sufferring cramps and try to relax. I have seen other posts on this before and it had no bearing on the end result as lots of these girls went on to get a BFP. Give them a call in the morning but meantime zzzz Get some quality sleep! and don't dare start thinkthink or :books: .

Love Lainy xxx
Me 40 DH 35
Ist Two embies 26/05/10 OD 08/06/10 :BFN: Left Tube Clipped due to Hydrosalpinx 09/09/10
2nd IVF Two embies 15/11/10 OTD 29/11/10 :BFP: All over 24hrs later bigcloud 3rd IVF Two embies 24/02/11 OTD 09/03/11 :BFN: 04/07/11 Surprise Natural :BFP: MC 5weeks 5days :tear: Broken.

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 9:48am

Thanks Lainy,
I was a little shocked when I first noticed but as long as I am not the only one. Thanks for putting my mind at rest. Wil see how I get on and if continues I will give them a call.

xfingers
Rosey Toes
newshy Rosey toes

xfingers babydust

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Tuesday, August 17th 2010, 8:41pm

Rosey - how are you now? Hope you're ok.

How's everyone else? It's pretty quiet in here just now, what you all up to?
I'm back at work and super busy. smile2

Decided to take a break from work tonight and had a look on FB only to find that just about everyone I know is pregnant! humph Got a bit down about it so picked up the Hello mag that DH pinched from the airport lounge only to find that just about eveyone in there is bloody pregnant too. I'm sooooooo fed up with this. :rant:
When when when will it be me??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you too!! :hairout

xx

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Tuesday, August 17th 2010, 10:32pm

Pinkdaisy - Well the spotting stopped after a couple of days so I never bothered calling GRI. I feel okay most of the time then I get this sudden wave of nausea pass over me, not sure if that is a good sign or not. Mainly happens when I am around strong smells but has happened when there doesn't seem to be any obvious cause also.

I know what you mean about friends that are pregnant. I have 3 close friends that are due in the next four months. No one knows that I even want kids let alone that I am going through treatment, but I still think this is easier this way. I would hate to feel that they can't tell me stuff about how they are feeling without worrying that I will run off crying into the distance!!

I am in no doubt that it will happen for all of us at some point and I just live in hope that it will be sooner rather than later!!

xfingers

Rosey Toess
newshy Rosey toes

xfingers babydust

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 9:15pm

Hey everyone, hope you're all well and everything is going okay for you all. I thought we were going to be cycle buddies Rosey Toes but it would appear that you're a bit ahead of me, I think. We're back tomorrow for our first scan and bloods and if I remember correctly from last time that's when we get our gonal injecting pen, joy! I've not had any spotting but the headaches this time have been really bad. I take migraines anyways but this time it has been pretty constant and have also been feeling pretty nauseous and that's all before the gonal. I still get disturbed by the fact that the prostrap leaves a big bloody lump in me :pah I also know what you're saying Rosey about not telling anyone. For the longest time I didn't tell people what we were going through as I didn't want to get 'that' look. I've also only told a select few in work what's going on and cos I work with children constantly get asked when I'm having some and need to make crap excuses. I've also decided that on this attempt I don't want others to know. We decided to be upfront with our families and close friends when we underwent our first IVF and I've now got it in my head that this jinxed it, of course my DH thinks I'm crazeeee :drunk: To be honest I can't bear going through that I've got something to tell you 'it didn't work' again. Maybe being a bit negative and really don't mean to be as actually feeling quite positive about this attempt.

Anyhow we'll see what they're saying tomorrow and then we're off down South for a couple of days to spend time with my best friend who's just lost her mum. I've not seen her since December cos she was pregnant and we were undergoing treatment and I've not even met her newborn who's now four months. So it will be a happy but sad visit.

Take care everyone xx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 10:22am

Hi Bushbaby,
I am a little confused. We both had our Postrap on the 29th July. And I had my baseline scan and bloods on Wed 11th and started injections that night. I am going in tommorrow for first scan and bloods to see how my ovary is bearing up. Are you sure that you have not missed an appointment on Wed 11th???? I thought all new starts for IVF/ICSI at GRI were on Wednesdays, and you have been DR for a very long time if not. I dont mean to worry you and am sure you know your dates better than me, but if you are anything like me just now, my head is all over the place.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling rough on DR but your injections should take the edge of it.

I read the Zita west book recently and she explains that many of us are negative during tx so that we dont get too upset if it is a BFN. But actually if it is negative we all will be devastated anyway, and positive thinking can really help your tx. So i have decided to be as positive as I can be at all times!!

Hope you have a lovely trip down south.

xfingers
Rosey Toes
newshy Rosey toes

xfingers babydust

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 4:18pm

Hi Ladies,

Wish me luck i have my long awaited clinic appointment tomorrow so after having lost 50lbs in weight and having waited for so long they had BETTER :scream: let me start treatment or i might go out and eat a fish supper...!! :snigger:
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 9:35pm

:hi:
:goodluck: Angelmouse
Wow, you have done so well with you weight loss [zx017] .

Rosey Toes- Hope your bloods go well tomorrow.

Bushbaby-Sorry to hear your having headaches with the Prostap, hopefully the headaches will go when you start stimming.

Hope everyone is ok at various stages of their Treatments, I keep thinking of you all.

Love Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35
Ist Two embies 26/05/10 OD 08/06/10 :BFN: Left Tube Clipped due to Hydrosalpinx 09/09/10
2nd IVF Two embies 15/11/10 OTD 29/11/10 :BFP: All over 24hrs later bigcloud 3rd IVF Two embies 24/02/11 OTD 09/03/11 :BFN: 04/07/11 Surprise Natural :BFP: MC 5weeks 5days :tear: Broken.

Julz

Ace

Friday, August 20th 2010, 11:50am

Hello ladies!

Well done Angelmouse! Good luck! Hope you get started asap!

Waves to everyone and hope all txs are going well. Sorry I havn't been on, things have been ridiculously busy i literally haven't had time to breathe. Everything was just getting too much and so stressed at work my boss ordered me to take today and monday off. Loving it! Best friend is visiting to so stayed up til 4am on the vino catching up! Love it. Sore head now though! Might as well get that last little bit of vino in before DR starts in a wk! Here we go again!

Lots of love to everyone!!

Jxx

United Kingdom

Friday, August 20th 2010, 11:40pm

wow ladies you are all moving on so fast!

angel i hope your appointment went well and they have given you the go ahead to book in - we might be cycle buddies along side julz if u do the short protocol

im awaiting af to try n book in again, tho i would love to be postponed a month as i have annual leave in october and my cycles seem to be 5 weeks again which would tie in well. wish she would show more than just spotting so i can get the call out of the way- are they open on a sunday?

thinking of u all

xXx

Saturday, August 21st 2010, 7:48pm

Yes Shirlz, I think they are open on Sunday mornings xfingers

Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35

Sunday, August 22nd 2010, 7:04pm

Hi ladies well I had my weigh in and it appears that my BMI is 33.9 so we are good to go just got to wait on a letter from the GRI in around 3 weeks time to say that I am officially at the top of the ICSI list then have to do all the blood and consents then off we go..!! Cant help thinking its all a waste of time but at least we are still on the donor egg list at GCRM so by hook or crook i WILL have a baby!! :snigger:

Nurse was rediculously happy with my weightloss and so was the doctor so its all good :D
TTC since Dec 2006

Julz

Ace

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 10:56am

Well one angelmouse that's great news! Hope you're ready for the rollercoaster that is TX! Keeping everything crossed for you it works first time! Don't loose faith yet, miracles happen everyday, especially at the GRI! No reason why one of those miracles can't be yours!

You should be very proud of yourself!

How is everyone else? Seems really quiet on here!

Well start snuff a week today. Getting quite nervouse about it all but hopefully it will all be ok and if not then we should soon be on the road to ICSI. I am on a day off today so gonna call dr and get all my tests that I had done for the GCRM and get copies and then I don't have to do it again for the GRI so hopefully that should speed things along. Also going to call the GCRM again and see how timescales are looking for if this didn't work, when I could maybe start again there. Trying to stay positive about the IUI but also being realistic.

Right off to go and get things done and go for a run. Wedding anniversary tomorrow so need to get dh a pressie, also anniversary of when we decided to start thisjourney, never thought 3 yrs down the line we would still be here!

Love luck and babydust to all

Jxx

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 6:49pm

Hey Everyone

Just a quick post heading out to dinner soon, sorry i have not been on but we have been decorating our living room and bedroom and thats us just got the house back to normal.

Pink daisy - a mid cycle test is where they do a kind of dummy run and try the different catheters, but it didnt work so they decided I should have my cervix stretched. it was Doctor Lyall I seen but she didnt really tell me much about it and never said anything about going to the Victoria for it. Sorry Im not much help xx

Can any of the glasgow girls tell me how much longer they had to wait after there 2 years before u got started for IVF. Phoned yesterday and she said she would get an app straight out to me, think they have forgot about me coz thats now 26 months :sadface:

Anyway better go just now

xxxx

babydust

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 8:32pm

Hi folks, hope everyone is well. I get all confused by the abbreviations and whether things are the short or the long but it sounds as if we've maybe both been on two different protocols Rosey. This is my second attempt at IVF but it seems to be following the same pattern as before. Prostrap was on the 29th July, AF arrived on the 10th August, injections started on the 19th August, due to start the snuff tomorrow and back at the hospital on Friday. So assuming all being well, that everything will take place next week. So although my head is also all over the place i've not missed any appointments :mmmmmm Hospital staff are being really good with me on Friday as really busy with apts and I was not being taken until later but unfortunately I have a funeral to go to on Friday so getting to come in earlier which was really decent of them.

Hope you had a lovely anniversary Julz. We were the same last week as our 5 year anniversary was on the 20th and we were back at the hospital on the 19th and similar to you we also didn't think we would be in this position. Funnily I was talking to one of my colleagues today and we were commenting on how when you think about it getting pregnant isn't easy and that everything is set up against you. However, we both work in Social Work and are at a loss to comprehend just why it is so easy for some people who really shouldn't get to look after a goldfish let alone be allowed to raise a child. Okay small rant over :rant:

Anyways trying to remain positive cos if I'm not then there's no point going through all this.

Take care everyone xx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 9:19pm

:hello: Hey everyone, hope you're all well. Well that's me all ready and raring to go, booster in the fridge for me to take at 2145 hours and appointment booked for Monday for the egg retrival. Have decided to take time off my work sick as feeling really anxious and want to de-stress myself which would not happen if in work. However, i've never been off sick before and I'm worried that my GP might not sign me off. Has anyone else had experience of this or do you all work in jobs where they're extremely understanding and treat you like a human being whoops2 On our last IVF I didn't want to take time off sick and instead worked from home for the week, however got called into work and didn't really unwind. Also was working during the 2ww and found myself on one occasion nearly breaking down in tears in a house cos someone else was crying, which is not very good professionally lol. How do others manage their 2ww and work? Cos this is our second IVF, and our last NHS, I really want to remove anything that may have a negative impact so any suggestions of remaining v v v positive greatly appreciated.

Hope you're all having a fab weekend and look forward to hearing those suggestions :listen xx
Bushbaby
My Diary

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 9:55pm

Hi Bushbaby, just wanted to drop by and wish you all the luck in the world for Monday :cuddle
Are your work aware that you are goin thru treatment? I work with all men in my office, but decided I had to tell my boss what I was goin thru, and the support he gave me was amazing. They let me change to flexitime so to help me with the pessaries in the morning on the 2ww, and any time I had had enuff in the office, he was great at letting me slip away early. I think cos its all men they're not as nosey as us girls, and just thought maybe I was havin a rough AF!
I would like to think that your doctor will be more than happy to sign you off if your struggling. There has been girls on here who have been signed off by their docs. I'd hate to think your GP wouldnt!

Hope everyone else here is well, grouphug

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 9:59pm

Hey bushbaby good luck for Monday xxx

I was signed off from ec right thru to a week after test date (I took getting a bfn quite badly) my doc was really understanding as he and his wife have been thru ivf.

U know your own body so just tell your doctor what u want and never mind what they want!! Good luck love xxxxx
Confused.com

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 9:35am

:hi:Thanks Wee Yin and Confused. My line manager is aware of what I'm going through and has known for the last two years, however I work for a local authority (who shall remain nameless lol) and there's lots of protocols and sickness at work policies blah blah blah that my line manager is a stickler for. As I've mentioned before I'm a Social Worker in a Children and Families team and find that we support people every day with issues in their lives but when it comes to be supported by the organisation I work for it's pretty non-existant. Well that's been my experience anyways......dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. It's quite sad really cos the stress doesn't come from the kids and families you work with but the constant paperwork, policies, timescales and coroporate responses. Sorry having a wee bit of a moan cos I now need to spend my Sunday finishing off some work and providing an update for my manager before I can even think about relaxing into my sick leave. it doesn't help that I'm a bit of a perfectionist and like being really organised.....really need to let go and focus on myself tee hee.

Anyways speak to you all later xx [zx078]
Bushbaby
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bushbaby79" (Aug 29th 2010, 9:37am)

United Kingdom

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 2:29pm

thanks lainey
i phoned up on the monday and they had space for me!- but i am provisionally booked in for next month

angel i am so jealous!!! i bet you look fabulous and skinny!!!
i hope you get your letter asap and can get started. will they retest your amh? i hope the bloods dont take too long, i think they take a few weeks.
good luck!

julz good luck for the snuff, hope it aint too nasty.
hope u had a lovely anniversary

hi liz, hope you can get your bloods done asap and get on the way too. 26 months is an awful long time to wait GRRR@NHS
have you got an appointment date yet?

bushbaby good luck for EC tomorrow, i hope it goes well and you get some nice mature eggs. hope you are not too bloated and uncomfy.
my GP refuses to sign me off sick until i have self certified for a week. but i know other GP's will sign people off there and then (the cook/cleaner at my work just needs to sneeze and his gp signs him off! GRRR)
i know i will struggle this time after OTD- if its positive i will want my gp to sign me off as im petrified about m/c. if its negative i will be distraught and will be off sick with stress- im close to doing that now as im struggling to cope on a daily basis. the only thing stopping me going off sick is the local authority money saving and the fact my job is one of the ones in danger and i cant have more sick leave on my record if i need to look for a new job :(
i would deffo advise on going to see your gp. i hope he/she is understanding as they "should" be.

hi to everyone else

im provisionally booked in for w/c 20th sept (tho i know af will be around the 24th) so please keep everything crossed they are not full when i call back. i have arranged my annual leave as i needed to give at least 6 weeks notice (not easy when u do a short protocol!) im still fat n frumpy and wish i had a different addicition other than eating.
we got a letter yesterday saying we have 1 straw of sperm in storage- just the 1- i wonder if that will be enough if DF gives a poor sample at EC again.

luv n hugs
shirlz
xXx

Julz

Ace

Monday, August 30th 2010, 9:14am

Hello ladies!

Busgbaby - good luck today. I would say def get signed off, this is the most important thing at the moment and especially as this is your last nhs go, you want to give it 100% and not have any regrets or what ifs. Fingers crossed for you!

Shirlz - yay ! Glad you are provisionally booked in, have they given you a date for baseline then and you can keep it as long as af arrives on time? Sending you PMA. I have some back but am also a bit like what will be will be. Trying to relax about it as the last few weeks I have been super stressed with work and things that I'm trying to just chill.

Well up at 7am this morning for my first snuff, was very wierd starting it again! Worried about forgetting to do the next one since I haven't done it in so long! At least my phone will remind me and no doubt I'll soon be back in the swing of it. Well here we go again back on that rollercoaster, and to think in about 6 wks time I could be pg or nursing a bfn. AHHHH!!!! Fingers crossed!

Waves to everyone! Hope you are all well!

Love luck and babydust!

Jxx

United Kingdom

Monday, August 30th 2010, 10:04am

julz my work is stressing me out big time too, in tears before i go in each shift- im at it now and i dont start till 2pm. im really struggling with it now but nowt i can do till october.

no prostap for me this time (short protocol) so the 1st scan will be a few days after af arrives, which is why im so concerned i will be told they are full when i try n book in. has anyone done a short protocol at GRI before? i know the basics of how it works from angelmouse but im petrified i will get the elbow when my time comes and told to phone again next month

urgh a nice sunny day and all i can think of is work. i know i will be going in to have to deal with challenging behaviours and kids that are kicking off.
oh to have a stress free life

bushbaby i hope they are getting loads of lovely eggs from you now

xXx

Monday, August 30th 2010, 3:33pm

Bushbaby I hope that they got plenty of eggs from you today. If I was you I would get signed off. My gp was great and signed me off from ET till after I was 13 weeks pregnant due to having had a mc before. I got to the point with my work that I decided that I was more important than them. Take it easy and all the best.
Shirlz sounds like you are having a rough time just now. Could you not stay off sick and then if you are looking for another job you could explain the circumstances behind your sickness. I'm glad that you have got a date for your next round of treatment and I hope that you get the BFP that you so very much deserve. I don't know much about sperm storage but I would assume that they must have enough if there is a problem.
Julz good luck for this round. I hope that the snuff isn't too bad and that all goes well. Just try and stay positive that in 6 weeks you will be pregnant. Try taking it a bit more easy and spend some time on your self.
Angle-mouse well done on the weight you have lost and I hope that you don't have to wait to long for your treatment. Good luck when your time comes.
Liz I hope that it doesn't take to long to get an appoint and then to get started on the treatment.
Hi to everyone else hope that you are all well and enjoying this good weather while it's here.
AFM Adam is still growing well and now has the start of two teeth coming in. He is managing to eat a fair wee bit. He is still sleeping through the night which is great. I got a call on Friday to say that we are entitled to another turn of PGD and that we have been put on the waiting list. We have been told that it will probably be April/May next year. I have to phone in Jan when AF arrives and we will take it from there. I have to lose some weight before then so I better get my head round healthy eating and exercise again. If I'm upsetting anybody with talk of Adam and/or next treatment let me know and I will stop.

Christine xx

Monday, August 30th 2010, 6:14pm

Hi everyone, thanks all for your comments and I'm going to contact my GP tomorrow. Just got an e-mail from my line manager who said that if I was going to be off she would need to come out and see me at home. I know this is cos she's going to be on annual leave for three weeks but I'm also thinking that I've only been off for one day so far and that she's not really listening to me but hey ho just strenghtened my resolve to make sure I do get a line from my GP.

Anyways they got eight eggs today so xfingers they do the job. Now the waiting game begins......

Glad to hear that you're getting another shot Christine and that you've started the snuff again Julz. It's funny I've never minded doing the jags but hated doing the snuff and this time I nearly forgot on a few occasions tee hee. Sorry to hear that work has been stressing you Shirlz and maybe you shouldn't be there just now, yeah I know great at giving others advice and not taking it :P I'm in and out of the environments where it sounds like you are working and they are extremely stressful due to the behaviour that is often displayed and the way that workers are viewed by the kids. Make sure you take care of you.

Take care everyone xx
Bushbaby
My Diary

Monday, August 30th 2010, 8:11pm

Bushbaby I'm so glad that they got 8 eggs. Here's hoping that they all fertilize and that you have some to freeze as well as put back. When is ET? Good luck xx

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:59am

Congrats bushbaby thats brilliant news, good luck for et xxxx
Confused.com

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 1:09pm

:wave: Hey everyone, hope you're all well. Well the eight eggs have turned into four fertilised ones and transfer is tomorrow, eek!!! Trying very hard to maintain PMA as this time they've got less eggs and less have fertilised but really focussing on this may mean that they're stronger since there's less of them, hmmm the things we tell ourselves :pray: After all it only takes one, plus although we had twelve eggs last time and ten fertilsed we were only left with the two that they could put back so as I said these ones will be stronger.

Take care everyone xxx [zx160]
Bushbaby
My Diary

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:11pm

Hi Everyone :hi:
Bushbaby that's fab news xxx I will be keeping everything crossed for you xxx take care xfingers and keep your PMA as you said it only takes one xxx

Christine I think that's fab news your getting another shot :) and I certainly don't mind any talk of your baby boy :) it helps remind me of why im doing this and hopefully that one day I will have one of my own xxx

Shirlz hope your feeling better today and hope you get booked in ok xx Not really sure about the difference between the different protocols still learning xxx

Julz hope the snuff is going ok xxxx

A big hi to everyone else xxx

AFM - Phoned the GRI today as I still have no letter and its starting to really get to me now :sadface: xx The lady I was taking to was really nice and she said someone will phone me tomorrow so fingers crossed xfingers . Just want to get started xxx Was a bit later going to work today and as I live near the local primary school bumped into half the people I went to school with dropping their kids at school, made my heart ache even more xxx But One Day !!!!!!!!

Anyway take care xxxx

babydust

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 9:55pm

bushbaby thats great news you got 8 and 4 fertilised well
hope ET goes smoothly tomorow and there is a chance you get an embie or 2 for the freezer

christine thats great they allow another pgd cycle, hope adam isnt teething too bad and stressing you out.

liz good luck for that phonecall tomorrow, hope you can get an appointment asap

im not coping well with all aspects of life right now. spoke to my supervisor and manager today and they have been supportive. i need to make the decision what to do and it is not an easy one. go off sick and risk my career credibility as i know i will be looking 4 a new job asap, or try and get on with it and organise more time off asap to get myself together. either way im going to see my gp asap to ask for medical help, which i refused last year.
if anyone has any advice on meds that are ok to use in ivf for depression/anxiety/stress please let me know. i am reluctant to take meds but ive tried everything else

hope you are all more upbeat than me, i do smile occasionally when the tears stop! lol

anyone doing ZUMBA excersize? happydance
i went to one the other week and it was good, went to a friends class tonight and it wasnt as intense but i sweated so much more!!! (maybe coz i put my knee out halfway thru oops)
an hour of a hard but fun workout. it really helps if you have coordination skills- i dont appear to have much but i was better than some of the lassies around me!

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 10:48pm

Shirlz, I hate that you are feeling so low. Have you booked in to see the counsellor again? I really think you should. I'm not sure what you can take during tx but I'm sure between your Gp and the acs they can advise you. A few yrs back when I was going through a really rough patch and they wanted to put me on antidepressants but I refused I tried kalms, herbal kind of thing can get in most supermarkets. It's hard to say if it worked or if I convinced myself that it was working but it did make me feel better.

And I really hate to say it but exercise will help. And I know it's a lot easier said than done and I hate being told this by dh as well but since I have got back to it in the last few wks I really have been feeling better. The endorphins will give you some positivity back. Youvwill start to feel better about yourself and about the tx. I know you can do it. Were in it together remember. Def speak to your work, you have to decide where your priorities lie and why will give toughie best balance.

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 10:53pm

Sorry writing from my phone so loads of mistakes and submitted too early! Doh! Just want to give you a huge hug! You can fight this Hun I know you can! And you will get that lo! If you ever want to chat you know where we are!

Look after yourself!

Bushbaby well done and good luck
Ten mins til snuff then bed!!

Jxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 5:53pm

bushbaby i hope u r pupo with 2 quality embies

julz i went to my gp and got some meds, will call gri tomorrow to see what they think. had a better day today and only cried at the docs!! a step 4ward!

thinking of you all

xXx

Julz

Ace

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 9:41pm

Well done Shirlz, one step at a time and you will create the path to your future, a happy one! And the counsellor told me, crying is good, so never feel bad about it! xxx

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 1:52pm

Hi everyone, hope you're all well. Glad to hear that you managed to get support at your GP Shirlz and hope the meds help. I totally agree with Julz, there's nothing wrong with crying and it is very healthy.

AFM we had our ET yesterday and it went as well as it could have gone. From four two were of a standard to be put back in and they weren't able to freeze the other two. Last time the two embryos were a seven and eight and one was at a six cell stage. This time they were both nines and one was a two cell and the other a four cell. To be honest I'm not really sure what all that means but hoping that they will stick. Really struggled with the appointment yesterday though, felt as if I was a battery hen on a conveyer belt and didn't know whether I was going to be sick or cry before ET. Managed not to be sick but did shed a couple of tears, poor DH didn't know what to say to me ?(. Anyways all done now and there's nothing else we can do which is the total maddening thing as you all know fine well. On the plus side my GP has signed me off so at least I don't need to contend with work over the next few weeks.

Take care everyone xx
Bushbaby
My Diary

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 2:35pm

Bushbaby congrats on being PUPO I so hope that it works for you this time. Just sit down and try to relax as much as possible. Sorry you didn't get any for the freezer but hopefully you wont need them, but it does only take one as I'm proof of. I had eight eggsand then only had one emmby to put in and it took so fingers crossed you're as lucky as us.
Shirlz glad to see you GP is being supportive and you have been given some treatment. Remember that they don't have to be a long term solution but a tool to get you through this bad patch. I hope that you remember that we are all here for you no matter what.
Julz hope that all is going well with the snuff and I have everything crossed for you that you have the happy outcome that you deserve.
Liz hope that you have heard from the clinic and that you have a date for your appoint. Just keep phoning till you get a date, good luck.
Nothing much happening here just finished night shift this am and I'm knackered and supposed to be cutting the grass but have a raging headache. I might just lie down for a while instead and cut the grass tomorrow.
Hi to everyone I've not mentioned hope that you are all well and enjoying the sunshine

Christine xx

button

Reg: Feb 4th 2010

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 7:36pm

Hi Everyone.

Hope you're all well and enjoying the sunshine while it lasts. I've not posted on here for a while but I've been following everyone and just reading. The past few weeks have been really really tough for me and I've been feeling rather unstable to say the least. I always knew that this day would come but it's just been so hard to accept that we'll never be parents. I think that if I'd got all the way through my last cycle with a BFN I wouldn't feel so bad but having the cycle cancelled made it all so much worse. I've found myself hating other people (especially pregnant ones) and worst of all myself for not being able to get my body to do what it's supposed to. I guess it's all part of the grieving process really but I still have a lot of anger unfortunately some of which is directed at gri. To be told that "don't worry, you'll get another cycle" to receiving a letter telling me that if I want any more treatment, I'll have to pay privately was just devastating. I have a lot of questions for them on my review appt which is sept 15th. They tried to tell me when I mad the appt in July that it was the 1st available but I know it's a lie. Suppose it's their way of hoping that as time passes you may feel better and then cancel. Not a chance!

I actually do feel better on some days now but I just don't know where I go from here. My life is totally empty and I feel as if I have no friends. All my friends now have children and don't have the time to spend with me and listen to me and realistically actually understand. My job is a complete nightmare as well and I would like to kill a couple of my colleagues (not new but now intensified!).

Guess I'm just hoping that a majic wand will be waved and I will just get complete clarity and know where I'm going from here. It seems like theres no way out really.

Shirlz, I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with getting a start date- they will definetly keep the week free for you so xfingers . Look forward to hearing how you get on.
Bushbaby- well done on being PUPO! When is OTD??
Christine- so glad you'll get another go. Work hard on getting yourself together and give yourself the best chance.
Julz- best of luck this time xfingers it works out well this time

Sorry for the downer but I know that you all understand theses awful feelings. Best wishes to everyone else I haven't mentioned xxx
BUTTON

Friday, September 3rd 2010, 1:58pm

Button I can totally associate with your post its the way that i am feeling as well at the moment. After being told to loose a shed load of weight (4 stone) i kept my side of the bargain and lost the weight and after phoning them they tell me that yes i am at the top of the list but it will probably be another 2 months before my screeing appointment and then another 5 weeks until the consents so we are probably talking Janaury time before i even get started why oh why do they say its a 26 month waiting list when its more like a 3 year waiting list its a feckin joke now i have to worry that i dont put all my weight back on in that time...!! ;(

We have our name on the egg donor waiting list (a year long) at GCRM and now that appointment will come round before the one at GRI and I seriously think that I will just take that one as it will give us a greater chance at having a baby!! I have so much going on in my head at the moment its a joke..!! I did hope that i would be able to have my OWN baby but being realistic i think its never going to happen so i might have to settle for the donor egg route - so much to think about. And im sure my AMH isnt getting better as the months go on. :bawl:
TTC since Dec 2006

Friday, September 3rd 2010, 3:19pm

Bushbaby - yeyyyyyyyy on bein PUPO, when is test date, I have absolutely everything crosed for you, we could really do with some good news on here.

Button / Angel mouse - Im sorry you are both feelin so down, I hope you dont hate me for bein pregnant, but I can totally understand how you are feeling. Please try and keep your chin up. Have either of you been to counselling?

A quick hello to everyine else, you all seem to be enjoyng the sunshine while Im stuck at work GRRRRRRR

XXX

Julz

Ace

Sunday, September 5th 2010, 10:01am

Hi Ladies,

Button - So sorry to hear you are feeling so low at the moment. We all totally understand your frustrations. Have you seen the counsellor at the GRI at all? If not, may be worth making an appt just to chat through your feelings and maybe find some coping mechanisms. I totally understand what you are feeling about people who are pregnant, I have at least 3 very close friends who are two wks either side of what I would have and should have been. At the moment they're all hitting the different milestones and I totally feel left behind. But guess we have no choice but to hang in there, keep fighting and try our very best to stay strong. And of course there will be times when we have lows but we have to find our way to dig ourselves out of it and keep going. Re your appt, I would keep calling up to see if you can get a cancellation, it is quite a long time to wait. I think part of it is probably also to let the emotions settle so you can have a more rational conversation rather than a blubbering one (which I know I would be like for at least a month after mc or a failed cycle!) And you know we are all here for you to vent your frustrations and although we are all on a different road, in the grand scheme of things we are on the same road in a way so we can understand where you are coming from. A lot of my friends say why don't you talk to me about it and I just want to scream, cause you don't get it and when I do, your eyes glaze over and then you are distracted by the child that you practically blinked to conceive. But remember that inside they will want the best for you, they just don't know how to help a situation that they have never been in. I'm a bit lost in what has been happening with everyone, have they said that you won't be able to or is that you NHS cycles done now? I hope this isn't the end of the road for you and I hope that they will find a way to help you get there in the end! Hang in there. :hugs:

Angelmouse - oh that frustrates me soo much! I can't believe it has gone up to 26 months. It was 22 when we were referred. I'm going to call up this week and see where we are in case the IUI doesn't work. I want to get on with it as soon as possible. They did say the same to me that I should be called up OCt/Nov but because of I think a refurb or something over xmas that I wouldn't start til the new yr! Who's a thought a yr + on from our first ICSI cycle we would still be going through this. I definitely tought that with the tx I would be pg by now! Fingers crossed they can get you started sooner.

Weeyin - hello and congrats, just saw post on PG thread. Glad all is well!

Christine - hello! Hope you and Adam are well and he is settling into nursery ok!

Shirlz - hope you're doing ok!

Liz - did they call?

Pixie - not sure if you are still reading but if you are, thinking of you and hope you are doing well! Miss you on here!

Waves to everyone else, hope you are all ok!

AFM - well 1 wk into DR and so far ok, no real headaches or hot flushes yet so that's a bonus. Had quite a few drinks though on Fri at my friend's wedding, I was only going to allow myself 3 but hey, I was a bridesmaid and needs must, plus at this stage I'm not too worried about it (did the same the last cycle and got BFP so guess can't hurt.) But am now well and truely on the wagon, hopefully for the next 10 months or so! Pretty sure I ov'd late though cause of all the stress, so makes it pretty tight with when af should arrive and baseline, really don't want to have to delay another wk cause have already put my hols in for the wk of when insem should be. So fingers crossed af arrives ontime and all is ok. Can't quite believe we are doing this again!

Love luck and babydust to all
Jxx

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests