You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Monday, September 6th 2010, 11:50am

Hi Everyone xxx

Well im at the top of the list now for IVF with an app for 4th October, got all my forms through. smile2 So we are going to spend time this week completing them as we are both on holiday. I really think the hospital should be honest from the start about the waiting times that way people would'nt become some so stressed. As that will be 27 months since I was first reffered. Just cant wait to get started.

Hope everyone is okay, better go and get ready we are heading out to buy a new bathroom suite xxxxxx

Shirlz how u feeling and how did you get on phoning the clinic xxxx Angelmouse hang on in there you will get there xxxxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 10:52am

Well done Liz, great news!

Well I have baseline scan on Tues, apart from af hasn't shown yet. Normally I have come on a week after starting snuff or prostap without fail but it will be 2 wks on Monday. I'm expecting a longer cycle cause I was so stressed that I didn't ov til about cd21/22. But really just hoping that it arrives by tomorrow at least, don't want lining not to be too thick that I can't start. I'm hoping, even if it starts mon/tues they might say by the time I start stims the following Monday it will be thin enough. Have already booked off the week I expect insem so don't want it to be delayed any more! So everyone think af thoughts for me please ;)

Really quiet on here, hope everyone is ok!

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: None yet but soon hopefully

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 9:14pm

Hi ladies hope everyone is well, well thats us about to start our 2nd FET after a BFN in June, Started af yesterday, phoned the hospital but still waiting to hear back from them, we tried to get onto last months cycle but missed the last slot by 10 mins :( so have been pre-booked onto this months, i have a scan booked for 13th Oct as we going to try a constucted cycle this time as it was a natural cycle last time so hoping it works this time round.

Take care ladies

Lynette x
TTC-7 years.
IVF-1ST Cycle, Collected-24, Fertilised-16, Freeze-all :hairout
1st FET 15th June 10-BFN :tears: Embies left-12,
2nd FET Sept/Oct xfingers 2nd time-BFN :tears:

Julz

Ace

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 8:03pm

Good luck Lynette!!!

HELP!!! Don't know what to do ladies! Still no sign of af! Totally at a loose end. Of course have done HPTs and BFN Been a bit of a rollercoaster, stupidly poas when I got up for my snuff on Tues, saw nothing, went downstairs, did my snuff, went back checked it, half asleep, still didn't see anything and went bck to bd. Got up 20 mins later and there was a line, faint but most definitely a line. 20 mins later so sure it was an evap line. Done a few tests since and definitely BFN, snowy white so although I was hopeful for a miracle, I know better and the odds are we won't be that lucky. But this puts me in a predicament. Af should have arrived by yesterday, today at the latest and nothing, no spotting, not even a hint of it! I don't know what to do! Baseline is on Tuesday! What if she hasn't arrived?!?!

Has anyone not had af by the time they were booked in for baseline? I really don't want to delay it a week as have already booked the insem wk off work.

Any thoughts?? Ideas? Advice?!?!

ARRRHHHHH!!!

Jxx

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 11:53am

Julz - I hope you got the answers you are looking for.

Well girls thats us at the top of the list woooooo we have all the forms to fill out and return to GRI on the 18th October - im nervous but excited at the same time.

xx

p.s thats me lost 58lbs in weight now :)
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 1:03pm

Well, leaving shortly for appt, but already have my answer, af arrived as I walked into work this morning, just in the nic of time! I know my lining won't be thin enough at the scan but hoping they will still let me start stims by Monday as should be thin enough by then. (They have done this before with me when it was a bit too thick.)

I knew a miracle natural BFP was asking too much ;)

Will keep you posted anyway.

Angelmouse - good luck! You'll be fine and you have done so well up to now so keep going!

PS WHERE IS EVERYONE? XX

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 1:36pm

Julz hope that all goes well at your appoint today and that they let you start stimming as planned. Well done Angelmouse on getting there it wont be long now. Also congrats on the weight loss that is brilliant. I have to lose weight before next cycle but I have plenty of time to do that. I'm not in the right frame of mind just now as me and Adam are loaded with the cold and feeling misrable for myself.
Hi to everyone elsse hope that you are all well.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Reg: Aug 15th 2008

Children: Lovely DD 22yrs

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 1:49pm

Hi Girls,

Julz-Good luck for today, hope the lining is ok and you can get started. :happy:

Lynette-Have you heard back yet? Hope everything goes well on the 13 October. :happy:

Liz-Well done on getting to the top of the list, good luck for the 4 October. :happy:

Angel mouse-Good luck for the 18th :happy:

Christine-Hope you are well, any ideas when you get to try again?

AFM-Got the tube clipped as it was going to be too complicated removing it (too many adhesions). I'm good to go on my next af if I can get booked in.

Love Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35
Ist Two embies 26/05/10 OD 08/06/10 :BFN: Left Tube Clipped due to Hydrosalpinx 09/09/10
2nd IVF Two embies 15/11/10 OTD 29/11/10 :BFP: All over 24hrs later bigcloud 3rd IVF Two embies 24/02/11 OTD 09/03/11 :BFN: 04/07/11 Surprise Natural :BFP: MC 5weeks 5days :tear: Broken.

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 1:52pm

Hi Christine,

Sorry to here that you and Adam are loaded with the cold, hope you both feel better soon.

We must have been trying to post at the same time.

Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35
Ist Two embies 26/05/10 OD 08/06/10 :BFN: Left Tube Clipped due to Hydrosalpinx 09/09/10
2nd IVF Two embies 15/11/10 OTD 29/11/10 :BFP: All over 24hrs later bigcloud 3rd IVF Two embies 24/02/11 OTD 09/03/11 :BFN: 04/07/11 Surprise Natural :BFP: MC 5weeks 5days :tear: Broken.

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 2:00pm

Hi Peeps!
Hope you get stimming today Julz :) LEt us knwo how you get on love.

Hope your hanging on in there for you BFP Angel Mouse xx

Yehh Silver Lining to getting booked in next AF, hope getting your tube clipped went ok - it sound kinda sore!

Liz/Lynette - Time will fly in between now and start of October.

Awww hope wee Adam and yourself get better soon Christine. Perfect excuse to have a wee snuggle up on the couch together.

Hope everyone else is well xxx

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 4:43pm

Hi ladies hope everyone is well,

Julz - Hope you can get started on the stimms x

Liz - woohoo top of the waiting list, wont be long now, good luck for the 4th x

Angel Mouse - woohoo top of the waiting list, good luck for the 18th x

Christine - Hope you & wee Adam feel better soon x

Hope i havnt missed anyone out although i will have lol.

I eventually got the phone call from hos, we've to go on the 30th sept for the prostap injection so ive got 16 days and counting lol.
I know that last time i had every side effect going on the prostap but at the moment its not bothering me, just glad now that we have another date woohoo.

Take care everyone

Lynette x
TTC-7 years.

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 6:59pm

Hi ladies,

Well all went ok today. Surprisingly it was thin enough which I don't understand cause only started bleeding this morning, only filled one tampon before scan from the morning (sorrry tmi!) so can't have shed that much already. Oh well. It's thin enough and that's the main thing. So bloods done and got all my drugs with me ready to start stims on Monday so we are back on track!

Back in a week on Friday and the following Monday so hopefully all will go to plan again and insem will be the following Weds. And then can you believe back into the 2ww already! It goes so quickly!

So off for a run then gonna get something to eat and tidy up a bit.

Lots of peolple on today!

Christine - hope you feel better soon!

Lynette - Not long to go at all! Fingers crossed for you!

WeeYin - hope you're doing well! Can't believe how far along you are!

Lainey - Hope the tube clipping went ok and glad you can get started now.

Seems there will be a run of us getting started again soon. Funny how we all tend to sync back up!

Here's to a run of sticky BFPs! Love luck and babydust to all!

Jxx

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 7:25pm

:hello: Hey ladies, hope you are all well. Sorry not been on much as had been going through the dreaded 2WW and was all over the place. Anyways today was our OTD and we got a :BFP: !!! So excited and happy, however I had a little bit of spotting on Thursday and Saturday so I have to go back this Thursday and have my bloods taken again. So although being very cautious finding it hard not to feel over the moon as have never had a :BFP: before. Couldn't quite believe it when Diane from the hospital phoned and had to rush out and do a HPT just to see concrete evidence. As I said it's still not quite sunk in yet. This was our second IVF after three failed IUI and one failed IVF so not sure what was different this time, other than I've been off work since EC, hope that's not the only reason as would have stayed off before and not went through the rollercoaster of the last three years. Anyways good luck to you all and sending lots of babydust to you all.

Take care xx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 7:57pm

Just a quick one congratulations Bushbaby on you BFP. Take it easy and rest up.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 9:10pm

Bushbaby, Woohoo, congratulations happydance happydance happydance
So happy for you guys, just you make sure and chill out and relax. hope you have a happy healthy next 8 months.
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 10:05pm

Woohoo bushbaby Congratulations, take it easy :) x
TTC-7 years.

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 11:49pm

Brilliant news bushbaby, leys hope there's more BFP's to follow ures.

Relax and take it easy xxx :cuddle

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 9:24am

Well Done!

Congratulations to you and your husband, Bushbaby.

Hope you have a happy, healthly pregnancy.

Love lainy.xxx :thumbsup:
Me 40 DH 35

Julz

Ace

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 9:36pm

Huge congrats Bushbaby! Wishing you a happy and healthy 8 months! Come on team GRI, let's make this the start of many BFPs to come!

Jxx

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 9:59pm

Hi Everyone

Congratulations Bushbaby starsmile You must be so pleased !!!!! Well Done xxx

Julz glad everything worked out and his going to plan, fingers crossed for you xxxxx

Lynette not long to go now xxxx it looks like it is going to be a busy time on here for everyone xxx

Angelmouse looks like we might be starting arounf the same time, I have my app on the 4th xxx

Lainey hope everything now works out for you get booked in soon xx

Didnt realise that I might not get started straight away I thought it was just like IUI I never got knocked back oh well fingers crossed xx

Wee Yin hope u and babies are all well, it must be so exciting to know ur having twins :)

Chrisitne hope ur both feeling better soon xxx

Anyway a big Hi to everyone

Take care and talk soon xxxx

babydust

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 9:38pm

Hello ladies, I hope you are all well. Thanks for all your kind messages and I'm over the moon as bloods today confirmed again that I'm pregnant. Now just the countdown to the 7 week scan, eek!!

Take care everyone xx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 10:16pm

Congrats bushbaby.

Good luck to everyone else x
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 1:00pm

congratulations bushbaby
hope everything goes well at your scan

julz how goes it with the iui? started yet?

anyone else starting tx around now?
im preparing to call the gri as af has been knocking since last thursday but not amounted to anything yet (a whole week early!) looks like ive arranged my annual leave wrong now *sigh*

thinking of you all

xXx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Julz

Ace

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 3:22pm

hey Shirlz!

Sorry af is being a pain, hope she comes quickly so you can ge started! Keeping everything crossed for you this cycle!

I have indeed started now! All was fine a baseline and start stims tomorrow and then back in Friday and te following Monday so hoping if everthing goes to plan then insem will hopeyfully be on the weds. So just taing each day at a time and will see what he appt on fri says.

Can I check with anyone that has had tx recently. My appt for the fri says just for bloods. Before I always had a scan as well, have they changed it? Are other people having a scan on the Fri appt? or is it just on the Monday?

Christine - nice to bump into you today! Can't believe how much Adam has grown!

Hope everyone else is well!

Jxx

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 4:52pm

:hi: Girls,

Julz- Hope you get on ok on your Friday appt. Sorry I don't know much about blood appts and scans but I always thought that if you got 1 you always get the other.

Shirlz-I phoned the GRI yesterday to try and book as AF arrived on Friday evening but didn't get to speak to anyone but I left a message (AF arrived earlier than expected). Hopefully I might get a phone call tomorrow. It's awful when the dates don't work for your AL, I hope you can get something sorted for that.

Good luck to all you girls out there at various stages , we are in serious need of more BFP's to give us all another wee boost.

Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35

United Kingdom

Monday, September 20th 2010, 5:40pm

lainey are you short or long protocol? hope you got a call today

julz was your scan today or tomorrow?
good luck for friday's scan

after days of spotting af finally arrived today and i phoned up
got a scan tomorrow so fingers crossed!
ive decided not to stress onver days off, if i need more i will just play the sick card if i need to- i updated my senior yesterday thru floods of tears and she was helpful and reassuring. and thats me off till next monday now!!!

butterflies in my tummy and not just coz of stress!!

if anyone is in GRI tomorrow around 9.30am look out for my pink decorated nails and come say hi, i will be on my own :(

Monday, September 20th 2010, 6:14pm

Hi Everyone xx

Julz hope ur injection went ok today x when i was having my IUI's I only ever had bloods on the Friday. Then bloods and scan on the Monday, although I never made it to the Monday as the hos always phoned me to go in on the Sat for scan as my hormone level was high. Hope this is of some help to you xxx

Good Luck for tomorrow Shirlz xxxx

Lainey hope you got booked in.

AFM - counting down the days until the 4th cant wait, although I did forget that I wouldn't get started straight away as i need to have my operation first so god knows what will happen anyway got the af from hell so just going to have a wee quiet night xxx

Take care everyone xxxx

babydust

Julz

Ace

Monday, September 20th 2010, 6:53pm

hello ladies,

Shirlz - Yay for Af arriving! You're just about a wk behind me then. It was last Tuesday I had my scan (baseline) not back until Friday.

Liz - thanks. It seems such a long time ago since I last did it all, I've almost forgotten what happened last time. Though thinking about I think I remember now, the first time I was really close to over stimming so they said the next time I should have a scan as well on the Friday, so that's why I remember having scan and bloods on the Friday. I think I might call them up and ask them if I can have the same again. Don't want to risk over stimming.

So did first injection this morning, amazing how quickly it all came flooding back to me. Though this time there were no alcohol wipes in the bag. Seems to vary each time, sometimes they do sometimes they don't. Just as well I do i after my shower so I know I'm clean ;). It wasn't too bad. pulled it out a little too quick and had a bit of blood but otherwise ok. Does anyone else tend to get a redish sort of circle around where you inject after, doesn't appear for a while after and goes by the next day, no bruising, just a bit odd. Never thought about it before until just now.

Can't quite believe that hopefully soon we will be back in the 2ww. The time seems to just be flying by at the moment. Though also feels like a decade since the last IUI.

I would be grateful if everyone would keep their fingers crossed for a sticky BFP. Not too hopeful, but I guess gotta try and be positive right!

Love luck and babydust,

Jxx

Monday, September 20th 2010, 11:33pm

:thumbsup: :wave: Hi Girls,

Got booked in today, Prostap injection on the 8th October and baseline scan on the 28th October and I'm not quite sure which protocol I'm on can anybody shed any light?

As far as I know it's the same as the last time and they weren't going to change it, it was 36 days from Prostap to OTD and I was on max Gonal F 375 for nine days. ?( The last time I had Prostap on the 4th and baseline on the 13th ?(

Glad you got some reassurance from your senior Shirlz and good luck for tomorrow.

Fingers crossed Julz xfingers

Hi Liz, when do you get your op? Usually they try to get any ops relating to the IVF done asap. Roll on the 4th :happy:

Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 21st 2010, 3:28pm

liz i hope af has eased up, i couldnt get to sleep last night coz i was so uncomfy!

lainey if you are having prostap you are on the long protocol, im doing the short one (no down reg prostap yippee!!) do u find the drugs hard going? i am on 300iu daily (double for the first few days again)

julz i hope to be following your BFP!! you have done it before and you CAN do it again! keep the PMA huni
each jab ive done has been different, some hurt, some didnt, some bled a little some left a red mark, some itched. but phone up if you are concerned!

AFM
im only on day 2 and got more lining to shed (lining was 6.6) but im to start stimms tomorrow!!
heres where it gets complicated:
i was told to take 375iu gonal f daily then from saturday add in cetrotide in the evenings. then i get a phonecall to say the nurse got the dose wrong! (was the nurse i had issues with the last few cycles but she must have forgotton me as she was ok this time)
im on the same dose as last time when i was on long protocol: 300iu gonal f twice a day for 2 days then 300iu, adding cetrotide from saturday.
only just got enough drugs to last me till tuesday and then im back next wednesday for scan and bloods
she also told me i will be on heparin and aspirin and gestone after EC/ET- never done this before so nervous about it- will i inject these at home or need to return to clinic? oh now i have loads more questions for the clinic!
stroll on being a human pincushion again!!

im out at a group/club for people with disabilities tonight. i went earlier this year with my nail art and ive been invited back. im very nervous about it as ive been quite anxious n stressed lately but hope it goes well

hope everyone is well

xXx

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, September 21st 2010, 9:05pm

Hey hon,

Good news things are rolling on, welcome back to the human pin cushion club! I have no idea how my lining was 3 something on cd1 after only having started at 9 am and it wasn't even heavy. Oh well. Stims still going ok, couldn't get through to the clinic this morning re getting a scan as well on Friday so will try again tomorrow. Can't see them saying no.

What is the heprin/asprin for? Is that cause of the MC?

Lainey - great news! Welcome to the rollercoaster!

Well looks like I'll be the first in the cycle... err... someone else wanna go first!

Love luck and babydust to all!

Jxx

Tuesday, September 21st 2010, 9:07pm

Hi Girls :)

Lainey you got booked in smile2 thats fab xxxx I'm not sure when I will have my op as they said I will need to have it just before EC and then ET so they can get the catheter to go in. I will need to wait and see what they say on the 4th and see when I can get booked in xxx

Shirlz feeling a bit better thanks, I always get really bad cramp ;( I dont know how you remember all the drugs lol xx but it will be worth it !!!!!!! xxxx Thats great you have been asked back to the club with your nail art, Im sure will do just great and it will help keep your mind of things for a while xxxx

Julz I've got everything crossed for you xxxx

Take care and talk to you all soon xxx sending big hugs to everyone xxxx :hugs:

babydust

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 21st 2010, 10:42pm

oh i was so nervous going to the group- but they were nice again. i couldnt understand one lad (was in an accident a few yrs ago and has done real great) and was annoyed with myself that i couldnt. the workers could understand him tho. Lots were downs syndrome and great fun and the girl who wouldnt come near me last time sat and chatted and has agreed to let me do her nails if/when i return! im real chuffed with that step forward. so they all have their nails decorated (and even one guy got scotland flag)

julz i have no idea what the heparin/aspirin is for, we never discussed that- but im glad it has been mentioned as i wanted to try it. i have always had a thick lining (11+ at day 10 last time i think and that was with days to go!) and i wonder if it is too thick for implantation. i know lots have problems thickening their lining- i will swap anyone some lining for some follicles!

has anyone had the gestone jabs? will i get these to do at home or do i need to get them done at the clinic? are they sore?

night everyone, missed eastenders n river city if there was any juicy scenes please let me know!

xXx

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 10:55am

Hi lovely ladies loads happening here at the moment :) can someone please answer a question for me? Does everyone get a mid cycle cathater test? I have never had done of these before and i am wondering why could it be because i have had one of those hysoc thingies where they inject the dye into the womb and do ultra sound at the same time? I am just a bit puzzled as to why no one has mentioned this to me?? ;(
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 2:21pm

Hello everybody,

Angelmouse - I don't think everybody needs a mid cycle test, I think it's only required if there are problems inserting the catheter at any time. Hopefully some of the girls will correct me if I'm wrong. How are you getting on, any ideas of when you can start? :happy:

Shirlz - Thanks for the info, that was one of the questions I was always going to ask and then forgot. I'm glad you enjoyed the group. How are you feeling on the drugs? The last ivf I can only remember the headaches after the prostap and being bloated when I started stims. Hopefully you won't have any of those symptoms with Short Protocol. xfingers

Julz - Lead the way to the rollercoaster hun. :cuddle

Liz - Hopefully you will get booked in asap :thumbup:

AFM-Still off sick but starting to feel more like myself again now the AF is nearly over, so I'm thinking about a return to routine.

Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35

Julz

Ace

Friday, September 24th 2010, 7:53pm

Hello ladies,

Well had scan this morning and was ok. Two follies on the left at 10 and two + and two + on the left. Lining was still a bit thin though. Seems I'm a bit behind what I normally am, guessing cause af arrived so late. Nurse said that they thought it would still be ok for next week. So back on Monday to see what it happening. Hoping they grow over the wkend!

A bit disappointed but hey ho.

Jxx

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 12:16pm

julz keep the faith in your follies
2 at 10 sound great and will have grown loads by monday!

lainey glad you are feeling a bit better, when are you next at the clinic? i thought u said october but your signature says november

angelmouse ive never had a mid cycle test- i probably should have as they have problems sometimes at ET
and dont worry about your weight now- ive never been reweighed since i was deemed ok for treatment and im pretty sure i must be at BMI 35 now

hi to everyone else

afm 4th day of stimms and 6 jabs done and lefty is doing something- righty ovary aint doing much but then she never has. this evening i add in cetrotide so its back to 2 jabs a day Grrrrr.
im getting very nervous about EC since af arrived early, i may be looking at EC a week monday and im still working through that week. next scan is wednesday so fingers crossed it shows some follies growing

its the real ale festival where i am and ive never been off and able to go to it- now we are both off and i shouldnt be drinking :( typical

hope you are all enjoying the sunshine

xXx

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 2:24pm

:hi: Hi Everyone

Shirlz- It's amazing how the follies can grow and a watched pot never boils. Enjoy your festival! The virtual ale tastes better :cheers: Thanks for pointing out my signature error (am a dumplin) Yes it's October I'm due back, just looked at my diary and I've mucked up big time with it too. I have two weddings in October and put them down as November so I better get shopping for gifts sharpish.

Julz-Try not to worry about your lining, I'm sure it will thicken nicely for next week with some lovely juicy follicles to go with it. blowkiss

Good Luck to everyone babydust

Love Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 9:07pm

beer festival was fun
DF is now snoring (drunk) after doing my jab and im desperate to itch the jab site aaarrrggghhh
cetrotide aint half itchy!

now im bored n alone- well i have snores n snorts for company! lol

night all

xXx

Julz

Ace

Sunday, September 26th 2010, 12:40pm

Thanks ladies. Fingers crossed for tomorrows scan that follies and lining have grown, have been drinking my pineapple juice so hoping that is helping! SO if all goes to plan then only at work tomorrow and then off for a wk! Yay! Was at tescos today and the farmers market was outside and got some yum looking venison sausages and a steak pie, they taste so much better when they are straight from the farm! and got some lovely cupcakes for pudding!

have a bit of a headache at the moment so gonna have a lie down while dh watches the gand prix.

Lainey - uh oh, can you just by online from the list? always easier!

Shirlz - glad you enjoyed the festival! Poor drunken dh! Fingers crossed those follies are growing! Here's hoping we get lucky this time! Think it's about time for us!

Waves to everyone else!
Jxx

Julz

Ace

Sunday, September 26th 2010, 4:56pm

PS - can anyone remember how much on average follies should grow per day? xx

Reg: Sep 25th 2010

Children: NONE

Monday, September 27th 2010, 12:27am

NEWBIE AT GRI

:hello: everyone.im a newbie at GRI and i was wondering if you gurls could give me some information if you dont mind.

i was referred to ACS at Glasgow R.I in mar 2010. DH had SA on 10 sept 2010 and results came back really good. :D
I have had 3 M/C- 1 in apr 2009 and 2 this yr:feb and aug 2010 :( so this was the main reason for our referral by GP.
Went to 1st visit on 24 sept 2010,had a registrar(dr prakash) but on letter it said Dr Lyall. ?(

anyways, the dr said tht the 21-day prog bloods i had done over last 3 mths have shown no ovulation so he wants me to get blood done on 30 sept 2010(7 days b4 nxt period due).
Then he said i will be getting a HYCOSY for tubal patency,he said it was better to get this done than the HSG coz this is a US and you can c everything including the womb.
ok,next is he said tht bcoz i have already had 3 miscarriages he assumes [zx224] i must be ovulating.
now what i would like to know is( the 1 thing the registrar didnt mention [zx170] since he was in too much of a hurry to get us out of there :8o: )...how long would it take for an appt to be sent out for the HYCOSY US?
and once tht is done,how long after do you get another appt to go ahead with treatment plan such as prometrium/clomid then finally IUI?
i have a sneeky feeling my progestrone drops rapidly after concieving thts why its the M/C.mentioned this but he just ignored it. :cross:
Bcoz, what he did tell me is tht we are candidates for IUI and the waiting list is 15 months!!!
could someone also tell me can i go and get the HYCOSY US done at GRCM(if the appt is gonna be a couple of months?)
any suggestions?

For our 1st visit to the Glagsow royal infirmary ACS,we definatly did not have a very BAD experience.very disappointed-he was in a hurry to get us outta there and never answered ma Q in detail as well as he didnt really tell me wen to expect a appt out. we were in and out of there in 20 mins=is this normal for a 1st visit? as on the letter is said we would get bloods/US and the apapt would take up to 2 hrs ...well,it def didnt take tht long :headache i would have gone to GRCM but cant afford it so got no choice but to go with nhs.
Also, who is yur dr at GRI? my letter said DR LYALL(had a registrar,dr prakash instead) and he said we wer gona be refred to Prof Nelson i think it was.
i appreciate anyone who can give me sum info.
:thanx:

saira

Me-24
DH-29;SA on 10 sept 2010-results=xcellent : D
ttc-2 yrs
referred -10 mar 2010
1st visit to GRI-24 sept 2010(had registrar-DR prakash??)not very helpful
:angel2:
Praying for a Miracle

United Kingdom

Monday, September 27th 2010, 12:45pm

julz i thought they grow 1-2mm a day, good luck for todays scan, i hope it goes well

saira
hi n welcome
i had most of my tests done at a fertility clinic before being referred to GRI so cant advise on waiting times for hcosy.

ive seen many doctors at the clinic and once saw a registrar who could tell me nothing about the treatment as she was there on rotation and i had to wait for the next appointment.
good luck for your next appointment

afm
im getting nervouse about my stimms scan- day 6 of stimms and sometimes i can feel thigs are growing but most of the time i feel nowt.
im now worried i will be taken for EC early- maybe monday next week!! eek!! im ment to be working and cant get the time off which will then mean i need to go back to work for a few days after ET, something i didnt want to have to do

good luck everyone

xXx

Julz

Ace

Monday, September 27th 2010, 7:19pm

Hello ladies

Well we are good to go! By some shear miracle, over the weekend the left ovary has overtaken the right who's two tens have only become a 13 & 15, whereas the left now has a 16 & 18 so that is good news. I have to take my booster shot at midnight and my IUI will be at 1415 on Weds. I'm really excited but also very nervous. I feel a bit like up to then I have a bit of control and can do things right but then after that it's out of my hands and all I can do is wait. Good news is I am now off work until the 7th Oct so that will be nice, plan on just chilling!
The nurse that did the pregnancy scan did it again this morning, she's just not very cheery. There was some debate as to if they were follies but said my bloods would confirm it and they did. But Dianne did the bloods, and she's always very nice.

Anyhoo - fingers crossed!!

Shirlz- sure you will be fine, can you just be signed off? Keeping everything crossed for you! It's our turn this cycle so let' do it!

Saira - Welcome to the board, may your stay be short and sweet forall the right reasons. Don't worry about it saying Dr Lyall, it's just that it's her clinic so her name is on the letter but you rarely get to actually see her! Don't worry about the Hyscosy either, I had that done and it's fine. I won't lie it is a bit uncomfortable, I wouldn't say painful but uncomfortable, like really bad period pains when the dye goes through. It depends on you though, some people find it fine, others find it uncomfortable. I had mine at the Southern before we were referred to the ACS but I think the wait was 2/3 months. I expect if they were going to put you on Clomid the could do that for the next cycle, but IUI and IVF there is a waiting list. You can also go for the scan at the GCRM and take the results to the GRI, but there's probably not much point if you have to wait for the IUI appt anyway, it won't make it come any quicker in terms of waiting list.

I was referred in Sept 2008 and then the IUI waiting list was 12 months, but it actually went up and we didn't get called up til last Dec and started in Jan/Feb. So in all it was actually 15 month waiting list. ONce you have had all the investigations and they have checked your AMH you will get another appt to tell you what your treatment will be. Then you won't be back until you reach the top of the list.

Re the DRs, Prof Nelson is the head of the ACS, Dr Lyall has one of the clinics and within that here are different registrars that you are more likely to see. In fact often you only see the nurses and they do everything for you once you get started.

Wow - can't believe I remember so much! Guess it has been a long time. Hope your stay here is short an sweet for all the right reasons. Good luck!

Waves to everyone else!

Oh and speaking of being around here for a long time...

Pixie - you around? If you're reading hope you are well and would love to hear from you!

Love luck and babydust!

jxx

United Kingdom

Monday, September 27th 2010, 10:43pm

yay go julz!!!!!
hope the trigger goes well

ive been making a good effort to drink plenty and have done so the last few days, however tonight im very uncomfy- feels like i may have a wee water infection as i need to go but it feels like its not all coming out. hmpf roll on wednesday!
think i will mention it on the cycle group im in if i dont feel any better tomorrow

night all

xXx

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 9:29am

Yay!!! DRUG FREE DAY TODAY!!!

Last snuff at 11pm and no more ever again! Yay! (Prostap is much easier) though do feel a bit like I'm forgetting to do something. Think I should put it in the bed so I don't do it out of habit, forgetting that I don't need to anymore!

First day off and trying to think what I'm gonna do with myself! ;)

Shirlz - cranberry juice for uti, lots of it!

Jx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 4:14pm

lol your drug addled fingers typed bed- i assume u mean bin?
hope this is the last time u need DR drugs huni and everything goes well tomorrow

have you any plans for your time off?

im now home with cranberry juice and the duvet chilling out and hope to catch up on some sleep that i missed out last night. have a UTI and GP prescribed anti-b's for 3 days.

good luck for tomorrow huni, im there for my 1st scan at 8.15

xXx

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 4:43pm

Ha, HCG must be giving me baby brain! I so wanted to test to see that BFP today ;) Alas have no tests in the house and refuse to by any. Just gonna be good and wait for the call!

No huge plans for when I'm off apart from relaxing. Gonna try and go for a walk everyday and keep the blood flowing, otherwise just a bit of pottering about. Have a few logistical things I need to do like car needs MOT, need to see bank manager etc so will get those done. Might have a think about getting some xmas shopping done while I can. Parents are coming up at end of next month so would be good to give them a load of pressies to take home. Will see. Gonna try and do some writing as well (trying to write a book ;) ) so will try and get some of that done.

House latest series boxset arrives tomorrow hopefully so will watch that and loads of films that I want to catch up on that are too girly for DH so may watch those.

Love having nothing to do! Just wish it might have been nice weather forecasted so walking would be nicer!

Glad you got something to sort it out and good luck for the scan tomorrow! Hope it goes well! In for DH at 1000 and then back at 1415, so guessing we might just potter around town and get some lunch. Then 'm straight off to my accu so prob won't be back til about 5pm. Will keep you posted.

Jx

Jxx

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 10:07pm

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP!!!

Went to collect dh from work tonight, was waiting for him to finish and then the car batter died! Had to joing the RAC (AA membership lapsed annoyingly) so had to pay double. Charged up but didn't get home til 15 mins ago, poor dh has had to go take it for a run for an hour to let it charge. This is the last thing that we need before tomorrow. Just hoping it makes it through tomorrow to get us to and from hospital! Arghh... why do these things always happen!

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 10:57pm

Just remember that it happened tonight for a reason. X( X( It didn't happen when you were due to step into it to go to hospital.

Everything is going to be ok tomorrow now that you you got the silly stuff out of the way. :thumbsup:

Good luck, will be thinking of you.

Lainyx
Me 40 DH 35

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests