You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JosieB

Reg: Feb 4th 2010

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 3:05pm

Hi Jen, I'm new here too! I've only posted a couple of times but everyone is really friendly and I think I might be getting addicted already!

Can't really answer your question cos we're waiting on our appt with the urologist at GRI coming through so, like you, we have a long way to go. Just wanted to say hi and I hope it goes ok tomorrow. Keep us posted!

X

Jen31

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 3:18pm

Ha ha I know what you mean I have done hardly any work today - keep coming back to read more to see what info I can find! I will keep you posted on what they tell us tomorrow...

Jxx

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 4:10pm

Hi girls,
Gosh so much has been happening with everyone in the last few days.

ICSI- I'm over the moon for you, It's great that this cycle is going ahead for you, Good luck for your next scan.

JosieB and Jen- Welcome to the site and good luck on your journey. Jen- They'll probably talk through all your results. If his SA results are not great then you'll probably be put on the list for ICSI. If his swimmers are o.k then I assume they'll concentrate on you, maybe IUI, IVF or would they consider doing anything with your other blocked tube? Anyway, either way, you're going to the right place and i'm sure they'll come up with the best plan for you. Often the SA is totally different next time round so xfingers that'll be one less thing to worry about. Good luck for your appointment tomorrow.

Littlemissdee- Hey stranger, nice to see you're back with us again. What's your chat?
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

Jen31

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 5:00pm

Thanks Pinkchick - I'm sure everyone knows how I feel - really impatient and just want to know now!! Encouraging to see that you've had a good result!

Jen x

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 6:10pm

hi jen
at our 1st appointment they told us we were for ICSI - couldnt get IUI or IVF due to DF's male factor issues.
they took bloods from us both - loads from DF for karotyping etc, and 1 from me for AMH. and we were given another appointment for a month or 2 later to discuss the results and confirm we will be placed on the list backdated to when you are referred.

julz i saw the waiting list has got longer AGAIN - IUI is 14 months and IVF/ICSI is now 24 months!! ffs
if you are worried about the pessary phone the nurses, i hope it is nothing to fret about hun. i do recall last time i didnt think i was getting the wee bullet aherm..... up far enough (no easy way to say it is there!!)

josie we saw the urologist at paisley RAH, never saw one at GRI

lilmiss good to see you back

pixie ironing is what men are for!!! i dont go near the iron (i prob should as i can look disheveled) and if i need any done i smile sweetly at DF and he does it for me!! pmsl

confused i hope you are enjoying your wii, the dance game sounds fun! me and DF tried to do the "running man" dance from utah saints duiring a drunken evening and i damn near knocked myself out slipping on the laminate!

liz im so sorry to hear your news, hope it isnt long till you get started again. do you have an idea as to when you can try again? last time i never got to see 2 lines -even a few days after the trigger shot and i new i was getting a bfn from the start. nothing can prepare you for it on OTD tho, thinking of you

pinkdaisy i had 2 scans my 1st cycle before i was ready and last time i had my scan on the friday then was good to go for EC on the tuesday and didnt get a 2nd scan. it really depends on your bodys response and bloods when you go to the clinic.
good luck for tomorrow's scan!!

will give you all a laugh:
DF did my jab this morning and i said that was ok (had my eyes shut tight and teeth gritted, trying to hold back the tears as usual) but that i had expected the clicking noise of the drugs going in when the plunger is pushed in. it was then he realised he hadnt pullled out the plunger and he had to rejab me again!!
grr
next jab after easties then bath and bed, what a life eh!!

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: fingers crossed soon x x

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 7:11pm

hi girls :chocs: :flowers: just popping on to confirm I haven't fallen off the face of the planet - I'm still alive :thumbsup: Have been a bit like littlemissdee - as have been avoiding baby stuff cause the 2ww is driving me round the bend [zx065] - although easier said than done when the woman next to me is about to pop! I am this close to hijacking my nephew's easter eggs for comfort eating - which judging by my ass have been doing to much of that since this baby train left the station. Having a dose of the negative nellies - have a sore lower back and am not sure if a crampy feeling or just a sore back. Its strange but I don't trust my body anymore :pullhair: Sorry girls just feelin sorry for myself bigcloud

how's everyone else doing?
IUI 1 :BFN: IUI 2 :BFN: IUI 3 :BFN: Waiting on IVF

curlysue

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 8:17pm

Hi girls i am new to this and still trying to find my way around. I love coming on here and listening to you all. I feel i know you all. I have been popping in and trying to keep up with all that's happening.
xfingers to you all and babydust babydust babydust

Curlysue

ttc 3 years
1st ICSI - Sept 2009 :BFN:
2nd ICSI - Feb 2010 :BFP:
1 healthy [zx076] seen 22nd March 2010

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 8:20pm

Julz and Lainey-- don't want to get either of your hopes up, but all I have to offer is that on my one and only BFP cycle, I found in the 2nd week of the 2ww the pessaries became much harder to insert (I later learned the reason for this is b/c the cervix forms a mucus plug in pg and it's quite normal to experience some difficulty in inserting them properly. Your body will still absorb all the good stuff though, so no worries there. I also had lower back ache Lainey and cramps which felt exactly like AF cramps. I was 100% convinced that AF was due when in fact it turns out she wasn't. Unfortunately we later lost both our little angels but I think you both have really encouraging symptoms for what it's worth!! Big hugs ladies, hang in there [zx127]

Shirlz-- pmsl at your DF!! I cried with every jab too btw :O I would stand in the kitchen for 15-20mins after every jab expecting to keel over or experience an adverse reaction :snigger: Now after all the horrendous trouble I've had with FET's, I'd take a fresh cycle any day over a frozen one :innocent:

:hello: and welcome Jen! I hope you have a good apt tomorrow and good results. If your DH's SA comes back less than you expected, it's not the end of the world. If it's good, they'll probably consider IUI first. If it's not, they'll suggest ICSI. Then again, with your tubal issues, they may just put you straight on the IVF or ICSI list. Keep us posted on how it goes hon [zx127]

:hello: and welcome Curlysue! where are you in your treatment journey? Hope we can be a great support to you here hon (I say hon a lot, sorry! :snigger: )

Josie, Littlemissdee, Confused, Roseytoes, Magzz, Puppy Luv, WeeYin, Liz, Pinkdaisy, FlowerPower, Pinkchick, Judgejules, Christine and (who've I missed? thinkthink ) love to you all!

AFM-- Day2 of Progynova and still sniffingx4 daily and taking my Pregnacare Plus and Osteocare. Had a dreadful :headache since I started the HRT but it usually clears within a few days. No complaints, just so happy to be moving forward at last. If this FET doesn't work (like my PMA ? :P ) we only have one last FET left (that's if they survive the thaw) and then our TTC journey is over. All feels so final, but in many ways it will be so good to have some kind of closure either way. To either live the happy life we've always dreamed and longed for which includes a child(ren), or live a different kind of life, hopefully a happy one too, but move on from all the treatment, which has been so incredibly demanding on my body in so many ways. Anyhooo...getting all philosophical about life tonight so I'll go rest my weary head :snigger:

Nite all blowkiss

Pixie
xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF/ICSI OHSS (no transfer)
FET#1 Oct08 :BFP: ,Twins! m/c Dec08 :bawl:
FET#2 :BFN:
FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET #5 :BFN:
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!
FET #7(June '11) :BFP: Early m/c :bawl:
FET #8 (August '11) :BFN:

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 8:38pm

Hi girls, and what a blustery night it is tonight! :windy:

Welcome Jen - it is pretty addictive on here and the information you can gather is amazing. I have learned sooooo much in a couple of short months from all these lovely ladies. Good luck with appt.

Lainey - where did that PMA go?! Kick those doubts into touch! Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down though - here's some flowers! :flowers:

Shirlz - had a chuckle about the ironing, my DH is fab at it and I often come home to all the ironing done too. We're lucky girls. high5 Thanks for your good wishes - at least I'll have a better idea tomorrow of what's going on. Hope your jag went well, mine is at 9pm - was easy peasy last night and no more blood!

Confused - Must have mentioned Just Dance to DH last night as he went out and bought it for us tonight, will try it at the weekend, maybe we need to get non-slip socks for our own safety girls? :dance:

Pixie - hope the headache clears soon, you just seem to go through so much and yet stay so honest and positive. starsmile

Hi to everyone else and everyone I've not met before.

:xxx3:

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 8:57pm

hi-dee-hi ladies!!

what great weather we are having - its fair putting me in the mood for a :bbq: ha NOT!!

wow on to our second page already?? i remember when i used to check the forum and there was never this much activity in one day!!

pinkchick good luck for your scan tomorrow, well done for getting just dance, you will love it - make sure you do the MC Hammer and tell me what you think!! :listen

pixie, i cant believe this is your 2nd last chance, i feel quite emotional reading that. i hope you never have to use your final shot. do you not get more than one ICSI funded??

shirlz - when i was last in the lovely waiting room and noticed that the dumfries and galloway waiting list for ICSI was reduced from 15 months to 13months - that was the list on feb 2010, but its taken me 15 months to be seen. i get 3 funded tries, although i noticed north ayrshire (i think??) has reduced their number of funding tries?? hmmm i just wish everyone got the same amount and the waiting lists were all the same, i hate this postcode lottery :rant:

men who do the ironing??? holmes i cant believe it!! i am lucky to get my DH to do the dishes and all it involves is loading the dishwasher!!! get your other halfs to start up a forum for the modern man and i might get DH to read it hahah high5

:hi: welcome curlysue and jen, you will settle in, in no time - we are one big family here lol grouphug

well ladies i think i will take a leaf out of shirlz book and go and run myself a hot bath - New Moon is out on Monday and i am SOOOOO EXCITED!!! i have two major passions, GLEE and the TWILIGHT SAGA - bring it on!!! happydance :dancing: happydance :dancing: definately Team Edward!!! xx bigkiss
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 10:37pm

Hi Ladies just popping by to say hello and to send you all lots of babydust babydust babydust and :sticky: :sticky: :xxx:
First ICSI
Jan/Feb 2010
EC 18/02/10
ET 20/02/10
05/03/10 :BFP:

1 Healthy [zx076] seen 08/04/10 9wks1day

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 11:01pm

Hi Ladies

Just popped on quickly to update things...

i called hospital today and that's me booked in for my Prostap injection on 7th April... that's it all startin.... baseline booked in 22nd April.... got butterflies in my tummy now :yes:

wishing all you lovely ladies lotsa babydust

x x

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

Friday, March 19th 2010, 8:15am

Hi Guys, just popping in to say hello! Seems like you are all go!! Lots of sticky vibes xxx

P.S, I had the same pessary issue during my 2nd week too!?!

Jen31

Friday, March 19th 2010, 9:25am

Thanks for all the welcome messages! Appointment is in an hour and a half so will let you know what they tell us.

On another note - Just Dance is hilarious! Non-slip socks are a must!!!

Jen xxx

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: 1 daughter 20yrs old

Friday, March 19th 2010, 12:02pm

Hi all, great to see so much is happening and tx moving forward. Well not long now for my prostap on 28th, feeling okay this time round, im actually quite worried about not being worried :hmm: ! well got my weigh in yesterday and iv lost 7lb clap , BMI at 31 so feeling much better about that too, see what happens when your not trying, well the lift at work being out of order may have something to do with that :winking: .

Hope everyone is well and good luck to all with tx.

EXXXXXTRA GOOD LUCK TO 2WWers, may you all have BFPs baby2
magzz

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Friday, March 19th 2010, 1:35pm

Hi Girls

How is everyone today?

Hi Julz I was referred July 2008 and I come under Glasgow aswell. When I was at the hospital on wednesday i asked about ivf and was told the waiting list was now 24 months. How come your friend was at the top of the list but still had to wait?. Im so fed up waiting!!!!! :-( Hope everything is going ok for you xxx

Shirlz how are you? had a giggle about your jabs hope they get easier, I hate needles but i am determined to do it again myself next time. I have to phone on wednesday and ask if i have had my review? (not really sure about this) anyway if it has been done I have to book in for a scan hopefully the following week and if all is ok start my injections the following Monday. xfingers

Pixie hope your headache goes away soon xxx

Hope everyone in there two week wait is ok and managing to take it easy xxx

Thankyou to everyone for there support this week and I promise I will learn everyones names soon xxx :D

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Liz33" (Mar 19th 2010, 1:36pm)

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Friday, March 19th 2010, 3:44pm

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all well.
I have been reading back all the posts and I feel so excited for all of you going through your journey right now and I wish you the best of luck.

I don't get alot of time to post on here these days but I still think of you all and hope that this will be YOUR year,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Jen31

Friday, March 19th 2010, 4:17pm

Hi Everyone,

Appointment went OK - we have been put on the waiting list for IVF due to my tube issues - 24 months seems like such a long time! The SA came back a lot better this time which was good but because of my issues IVF seems to be the only way to go. I feel like I've come away with so many questions... And am slightly disappointed that there were no other options for us that would not take as long...

Does anyone know if Milngavie comes under Glasgow or Dunbartonshire and whether that makes a difference with waiting times?

Jxx

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Friday, March 19th 2010, 4:29pm

Hi Jen

I know 24 months does seem along time but it should start from the time you were reffered to the GRI xx I know what you mean about having loads of questions I feel like that everytime I come out of the clinic. I know you are a bit disappointed but ivf has better sucess rates than IUI xx

Take care

xx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Jen31

Friday, March 19th 2010, 5:15pm

Thanks Liz,

Yep that would mean Dec 2011 so a lttle less than two years - gives us time to get sorted out I suppose - we haven't got married yet and would like to so I guess that gives us time to think about that first! Am disappointed just now but I'm 31 so still plenty of time left...

Jenxxx

Friday, March 19th 2010, 6:53pm

Hi all, and welcome Curlysue!

It's a busy busy place tonight.

Jen, 2 years is a long time but if you can stick a wedding in there it will fly past - that's what we did! And as you say, you have loads of time you young thing.

Magzz - well done on the weight loss, half a stone is very impressive, clap you put me to shame. I need to try harder when the treatment stops.

Hope everyone else is good - it's the weekend again, the weeks are flying in! :thumbsup2:

Scan went well today - the waiting room was packed and we were kept waiting even though we went early. Lining was 11.1, follicles 20, 17, 14, 10, 10, not sure of others. Had to wait for a phonecall after 2 to see if I would go Monday or Tuesday, so the decision was Tues. Booster on Sun 9pm, no drugs on Monday. Was worried the lining will be too thick by Tues but acupuncturist said it's good? Any comments? [zx037]

Been a crazy day so feet up tonight and maybe hit the shops tomorrow for a new dressing gown and slippers for Tues - any excuse, eh??!!

Happy Friday everyone!

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Friday, March 19th 2010, 6:58pm

Hi ladies,

Sorry I just don't seem to be getting on much, so tired when I get in, am doing my pessary and just collapsing on the sofa. Now ladies, not allowing myself to ss! Interesting about the pessary but not thinking about it too much, or trying not to at least! gonna try and remember what everyone says...

Liz - when you get to the top of the list, they then give you two appts for bloods and to go through everything, then you have to wait for your first af and call on cd1. If all is well then you should get your date to start down reg which is usually on cd21. But there is the chance that they can't fit you in that cycle if they are too busy, so then you have to wait another month (unfortunately this has happened to quite a lot of girls recently) then if the next month the same could happen, but by the next month they have to find you a spot. It's just cause if people have a failed cycle they go on to the next month so there isn't always a space that comes available. Does that make sense?

Jen - I know it's a long time, I really do. Been dragging for us too. Sounds like a plan to maybe think about your wedding, that will be a nice thing to concentrate on and not think baby and then it will come round in no time. But do keep calling cause things always change, I called every few months for an update, and you never know there may be a cancellation.

Shirlz - Good news on the scan! Hope stimms are going well! Keeping everything crossed for you!

ICSI - how you holding up today?

Lisa - aw... isn't she beautiful! Hope you are enjoying mummyhood!

Magzz - so pleased for you! Well done you!!

Puppy luv - yay to starting soon! Good luck!

Lainey - hope you are hanging in there. Now giving you a good talking to... pull those socks up and throwing you a bucket load of PMA! We will get through this!!

Sorry ladies, brain fried and can't remember the rest... need to get a washing on, pop my pessary in and get back to laying down on the sofa, such a hard life!

Love luck and babydust to all!

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 10:00am

blowkiss Hi all!!

Jen - 24 months sounds like a long time I know but it'll be here before you know it. And like you said it gives you the opportunity to think of other things like getting married and enjoying each other as husband and wife before the tx gets going.

Magz well done on the weight loss woohoo the only exercise i've had is lifting the chocolate to my mouth over the last few months. hence the enlarged bahookie and other wibbly wobbly bits. Oh well plenty of time to lose its after the baby is born (hows that for pma?) :angel2:

Puppyluv - good luck with everything when it starts - glad you have a date to focus on now :thumbsup2:

Thanks to icsi, pinkdaisy, Julz and everyone who cheered me up when I was low. DH and I are just taking each day of the 2ww at a time. It is a banned conversation with the people who know whats happening. Don't really want to over think it either way. que sera sera eh? going to see alice in wonderland 3d today - can not wait!! in fact should think about showering and getting ready for the world in general.....but think will stay in bed a wee bit longer

love [zx127] and babydust babydust babydust to all

curlysue

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 10:26am

Hi girls

Thank you for all the welcome messages. Just passing by to send you all :sticky: and babydust and to let you know i am thinking of you all. xxxxx

Curlysue xxxxx

Curlysue

ttc 3 years

United Kingdom

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 12:41pm

Morning all, woops afternoon :snigger:

Somehow I wasn't receiving any new notifications on this thread at all yesterday so I thought everyone had gone into hibernation :P

Puppy Luv-- fab news you're finally booked in :weehee: i hope having a date to aim towards helps to keep you staying positive. I always feel so much better when I'm being proactive with treatment. It's the waiting that kills me!

Magzz-- a week tomorrow 'til you're off woohoo Not worrying about worrying is good :happy:

Julz and Lainey-- can you remind us when your test dates are? Feeling very positive for both of you!! Brain-fried, emotional, tiredeness and eating everything in sight sounds like you both have definitely have a case of the ole preggers brain :blowrasp: :laugh: Hang in there ladies! You're doing fab! :hugs:

Shirlz-- how's the stimming going? How you feeling hon?

Pinkdaisy-- :weehee: EC on Tuesday happydance Those follies are excellent and your lining is fab too! Remember that your lining on a fresh cycle is always higher than with a frozen. The thicker the better, since you want your embies to have plenty of cushioning to snuggle up for the next 8+months biggrin2 I *think* it's only considered too thick if it's over 20mm and given that your lining grows around 1mm or less per day, you have nothing whatsoever to worry about!! Is your sleep any better yet? Once you have the booster, since it contains pg hormones, you'll sleep like a baby (no pun intended) :snigger: I always like to POAS (pee on a stick) after the booster, just to see those two big fat lines (and to check it's all gone in!). Hopefully in 2weeks time you'll be seeing two big fat lines of your own on a HPT :happy: [zx127]

Confused-- missing your chatter. How are you hon? I know the wait seems so long. Hang in there and come back soon to give us all a good laugh :happy:

Jen-- good news about your DP's SA! I'm sorry for the wait though. We've all been through that too and it's rotten :sadface: If you have something to aim towards such as a wedding or a new project meantime, then I think that's a great idea. Yes, you're still young but I know that doesn't take away the ache or the longing for a child either. Thinking of you and please keep letting us know how you're doing [zx127]

Liz-- big hugs. the waiting is horrid. I understand hon adn wish I could do something to speed up the process for all of you. Perhaps if we all get a BFP you'll be moved up the list? :happy:

Lisa-- thanks for popping by!

Littlemissdee--hope you're holding up ok hon :cuddle

Wee Yin, Roseytoes, Pinkchick, Curlysue, Christine, Flowerpower, Judgejules and anyone else I've missed, love, hugs and waves all round!

AFM-- set my alarm for my 7am snuff, put it on snooze as you do, and didn't wake up 'til 9am :8o: I must have switched the blimmin thing off instead of hitting snooze; was so mad at myself and now my doses will be all mixed up today and I only have myself to blame for being so lazy :cross: Still a bit nauseated and headachy but all good preparation for the real thing :yes: My lining scan is on 29th March and if all is ok (please, it HAS to be!!), will add in the lovely pessaries to my drug cocktail and Embryo Transfer will be April Fool's Day or Good Friday! Personally I'd rather Good Friday. Don't need any more taking the p!ss on this jounrey!! :snigger:

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday ladies!

Mwah, mwah blowkiss

Pixie-poo
xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 12:42pm

P.S. I donated to FZ for my smilie overuse, just before I get told off :O

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 5:59pm

hey lovely ladies how are we today?? and what a great day here in sunny dumfries and galloway!! :thumbsup:

magzz, not long now?? 9 days to go?? how are feeling about it all?? and well done on the brilliant weight loss - that was you saying that you wouldnt lose much before tx - thats a great result!

julz is your OTD is the 25th?? 5 days to go!! and lainey is yours the 28th?? only 8 days to go - sorry if i have got this wrong!! woohoo

puppyluv - good luck to starting soon x

oh pinkdaisy - i cant believe you are getting EC on Tuesday, it feels like it has totally flew in!! :thumbsup:

oh pixie, i am sorry your missing my banter lol, high5 everyone has been posting so much and so quickly i cant keep up viewing it on my phone!! what are you like sleeping in!! :loony: i hope the catch up doesnt give you increased side effects!! on april fools, that would be a good story to tell your children! you should buy the wii, because lets face it - your going to get pregnant on this cycle and have to miss out is just going to be too much for you to bare, haha bigkiss think of it as a money saving exercise as you will have to buy it for the wee one anyway!

well, whats been going on in the land of confused i hear you say? happydance well today i have been [zx172] and [zx188] and [zx074] and :iron: :iron: :iron: and washing my [zx071] and now i am absolutely cream crackered!! having a drink in the house (again!) tonight and have been to blockbuster and raided their shelves so have plenty to keep us busy! this week hasnt been too bad, although the 31st cant come quick enough!! i went on the wii yesterday morning to do a wee bit of aerobics and it said that i hadnt been on the wii fit for 41 days - but i have managed (some how) to lose 4 lbs - woohoo!! bmi is now bang on 31, thank god! must be all that [zx147] i do on it haha .

been noising the neighbours up with the ipod on full whack - u cannae beat a wee boogie to make house work mare fun!! BTW has anyone seen lady gaga's new video ft beyonce?? jeez louise!! its bloody fantastic!! happydance i wish i had her body confidence!! her money wouldnt go a miss either.... you have to check it out - the full 10 min version, its amazing!! and for over 18's too newshy haha

well ladies im away to do my MC Hammer dance - gota get the curtains shut first, i hope you all have a great weekend, good luck to those whose OTD are this week and all the ladies getting scanned and EC etc - i will be crossing my eyes all week!!! and to all the lovely ladies on the waiting list or waiting to get booked in i hope they hurray up!!!

okay group hug time - come on you know u wanna!!

[zx108]
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 6:41pm

Yeh!!! Confused, so good to see you back. I missed ya!

About to start Just Dance before dinner so I'll check in later and tell you how I got on!

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 6:43pm

pmsl

Our wee comedian is back :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh Confused and for keeping our spirits up :hugs: Have a great evening hon and remember anti-slip socks!! :faint:

blowkiss

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Julz

Ace

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 6:51pm

Hi ladies,

Have had a nice day out in the sunshine. A lil bit chilly but nice. Now just got an M&S dinner on and snuggling up for some more rugby and maybe a movie!

ICSI - silly billy you!!! I have about 3 alarms set from 0645-705 to make sure I don't sleep in. My phone is beeping at me all boody day! OTD is 25th, thurs, think Lainey is 29th? IS that right?

Confused, you have been a busy bee!

Waves to everyone, hope you are all having a fabby dabby weekend! Wish the weekends could last forever!

Right off to get dinner then off to loo to have my date with the pessary, soon followed by a date with the sofa! ;)

Love luck and babydust to all!

Jxx

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 10:26pm

OMG, the whole living room is shaking as DH is giving it loads to MC Hammer! It's hilarious! I'm having a wee rest now. We were having such a laugh I forgot to do my jag at 9, oops, but was only 20 mins late. Tomorrow will be the last one...hopefully for ever?? PMA???!!!
He's onto Iggy Pop now...sooooo competitive!

Anyway, how's everyone tonight?

Confused, I think you have the spring bug. What a busy day you've had. I had great intentions, but didn't get much done at all. Met a friend for a cuppa, legs waxed (in prep for Tuesday!!), did a bit of work and have pretty much pottered and lounged about. Don't know where the time goes?

He's onto Kylie now and has made me promise not to tell the karate boys!!! Tee hee...shhhhh!!!!

Pixie, hope you get a good sleep and feel better tomorrow, not long to go now. Thanks again for the info - you could charge consultancy fees you know! You put my mind at rest with the lining. I think I read somewhere that 11 is ideal so was worried that over that is not so good. Phew!

Lainey - glad you are feeling a bit better and have got back your PMA, How was the movie? It looks great in the trailers.

Hi to everyone - there's soooo much going on at the moment and my head in full of mince! I need to start writing it all down.

Sorry, no smilies, Pixie used them all up!

Night night all.
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 11:13pm

Confused and Pinkdaisy-- I really need to get a wii! Sounds like such great fun you're having and since I don't mind having a good laugh at myself I'd love one. Think my dog would go nuts though; I doubt if I'd get space enough to exercise properly, she'd be trying to resuscitate me given that she's almost attached to my right arm when I'm home :snigger: I'm so competitive though and can't bear losing, even 'tho my DH is a fit rugby player I'm sure I'd thrash him :laugh: We're both so uncoordinated though it's unreal laugh1

Pinkdaisy-- pmsl at your DH!! You shouldn't be doing such intense exercise Mrs with those ovaries stimming [zx126] Definitely no more after EC or I'm telling on you NO! :snigger: At first glance I thought you said your head was full of mice :laugh: I think mine definitely is with messing up all my doses today!

Have to wait up 'til midnight to take my 4th sniff. Own stupid fault :cross: I was mad at DH though b/c when I woke up with a start at 9am and ran downstairs, he was sitting on the couch, feet up with a coffee, watching TV and he didn't even think to wake me! I've only been sniffing for nearly 5weeks, what planet is he on?!! :cross: Ok, ok, I know, transference of blame, I shouldn't, but I sometimes wish he could take all the meds which I have to take. I guess he gets all the side effects though :O :snigger:

Julz--hope you had a nice night hon [zx127]

Nite all :tired:

Pixie
xxx

P.S. Used up all the smilies to compensate for Pinkdaisy's appalling lack of them :snigger:

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Julz

Ace

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 9:55am

ERRRR!!!

Just wrote out a post and then it disappeared, err! Now need to try and remember what I wrote, so here goes...

So ended up falling asleep halfway through the rugby, and that was me for the rest of the night! Oops, Oh well. Kinda loosing my PMA today, the last couple of days the pessaries have been going up more easily and not sure if it's cause if there was a plug forming it may not be now, or I have perfected the way of getting it up and staying up.. (TMI - I kind of push it up and turn it sideways so it doesn't come back down if that makes sense. ;) ) I have also been about half asleep when I have been doing it so not quite remebering what its like in comparison to before, must be more awake tonight and remember. Also my (.)(.)s have been on and off sensitive/sore and so when they are I think oh that's a good thing and when they're not I think I can't be then. And this is me not ss! I have done so well up to now and it's all going a bit pete tong today! Grr!Just have to get through the next four days! I was just so hoping that we might be lucky this time (despite the odds being agains us)

Anyhoo... sorry for the downer. On a funnier note not sure if I said a couple wks ago I was at a party and an older lady asked me how I was keeping and looked me up and down and said I was looking well. We all know what 'looking well' means. I was wearing leggings and a tunic top. So I was horrified that she was implying that I was pg. DH said, don't be daft, that's not what she meant. So yesterday I found out that after we left she said to one of our friends, oh that 's good news about Julz, to which my friend asked what she meant, about her being pg, friend said she didn't know anything about it, and theold lady said you can tell in her face and by what she is wearing! Thanks! So I look fat! Ok so I'm a size 10-12. I know before all this I was an 8-10 but come on! just hope that we get our BFP and I don't have to put her straight. How rude anyway, that's no one's business to be spreading! Errr !

Anyhooo... love luck and babydust to all!

Jxx

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 10:53am

Dr Marco Gaudoin on The BIG Questions - Edinburgh

Hey All...

Thought it might interest you that Dr Gaudoin...from GCRM (also works alongside some of the Dr's at GRI) is on the t.v programme The BIG Questions...He's arguing the case for fertility issues such as donor eggs etc... Just thought i'd let you know. :yes:

If you missed it you may be able to catch up on BBC i player ? not sure though :D

Have a good weekend ladies xxx

First ICSI Dec '09 :BFP: :weehee:

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 11:38am

Just a quickie girls, I have to take booster tonight at 9pm - normally when I take Menopur, so I have to take that at 6pm instead. Does that mean I also make the last nasal spray at 6pm and not take the one at 11pm? There's no-one answering at the clinic today. Help!! ?o(

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 12:05pm

Pinkdaisy- Yes pretty sure that's the case, you keep taking everything and then the booster is the last thing you have to take. Good luck and fingers crossed it'll be the last one ever.
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 12:26pm

Thanks very much Pinkchick, I hope it's the last one too, wouldn't that be lovely!
I see from your signature that your scan went well last week, that's brilliant, you must be so excited!

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 1:56pm

Julz-- that's exactly how the pessaries were for me too, on my positive cycle. Some days they were easier than others to insert, but the most noticeable consistent thing was the angle which it took to keep them in there :innocent: I remember the sideways thing too and had no idea whether that was normal or not. Sore bbs on and off were another positive symptom for me also, they were always sorer and heavier towards evening, whereas with all my BFN cycles, my bbs were sore throughout the entire 2ww, so that was the difference for me personally. The extreme tiredness *could* also be from the progesterone, which is cruel, b/c the drugs we take have so many similar side effects to pregnancy. However, I think with your other symptoms, it's alll sounding extremely positive!! Only 4 more sleeps hon!! [zx127] Oh and I know how those comments can sting too. On my last cycle before Christmas, I was given similar 'compliments' about my skin b/c it was glowing (I usually have bad skin b/c of pcos) and I wanted to scream that I wasn't pg, it was all the hormones from TRYING to get pg X(

Pinkdaisy-- I don't wan to say I'm 100% sure about the 11pm snuff, but from my understanding, the reason you've been taking the snuff until now is to prevent any of those follies from releasing too early (ie ovulating), but once you take your booster, it starts to prepare your ovaries to 'hand over' your eggs, ready just in time for EC. It wouldn't make much sense to me to take your booster and then take your snuff, since the booster is to start the process of ovulation if you like. So, if it was me, I wouldn't take the 11pm snuff. Your ovaries will already be very suppressed anyway, so one missed dose (even if you were supposed to take it which I highly doubt) won't make any noticeable difference. Enjoy your drug free day tomorrow hon! :happy:

Sorry just a quick one today, Sunday's are always so busy for me, hence my lack of smilies!! Just wanted to pop in and answer your questions though.

Here's a blowkiss for you all! Have a lovely Sunday!

Pixie-poo
xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Julz

Ace

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 2:10pm

Thanks ICSI! You are the font of all knowledge! I guess it's just the last few days that are driving me mad! Will stop thinking about it and just get on with it. LOL at turning it sideways! Thank God it's not just me, but that way it kinda sits across the hole iykwim instead of sliding right back out ;) Slippery lil suckers! Well been out to Makro for a lil look around and have got a nice new laptop stand which props it up so I get less strain in my neck and back. Nothing else very exciting there, we were going to head down to tescos, but I'm wiped and just can't face it. Stopped at the Harvester at Hillington for lunch and it was awful. Had sausage n mash and sausages were completely burnt. Never again, knew I should always stick with Wagamamas on a Sunday! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Pinkdaisy - sorry I can't advise - with IUI you carry on the snuff forever, or at least until you get your BFP or your last cycle.

Ladybug - thanks for the info - will have a look. We do love dr marco!!

Well think I'm gonna have a bit of a rest before getting on with it and will have to go down and do a food shop at some point.

Catch you ladies later

Jxx

Julz

Ace

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 4:34pm

Errrr.... Just watch the big question, oh I wanted to scream! How can some people b so ignorant let them loose for a dy in our lives and see what it feels like not to be able to have a child. Err I wanted to stand up for Dr Marco and say what they did was amazing. That child/man, was so selfish and annoying! He clearly has no idea how much his parents went through just to be able to love him. ARGH!!! DH and I were yelling at the screen!

Ah well. I know that al of our los when they come will beloved unconditionally no matter how we got there!

Rant over!

Jxx

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 5:58pm

Hiya just popping in as about to serve dinner to my hubby - roast lamb yum yum!!!

Julz - I too adopt the sideways positioning so it seems to be what the groovy gang do lol

Pink - good luck with the booster - fingers crossed last jab ever.

AFM - trying not to think about it to be honest. Although this seems to be the longest 2ww ever - 7 days tomorrow and we find out one way or the other. so far trying not to ss but its so hard. nothing of major significance to be honest. Although I can't remember how i felt same time last time - if that makes sense. :angel2:

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 6:57pm

evening ladies
i managed to stay up till 11pm last night! woohoo tho i was almost sleepwalking to bed!
began feeling a lil uncomfiness around the ovaries so i hope to gawd some are growing (bloomin better be after nearly 1600iu of gonalf in 3 days!)

pinkdaisy i hope your trigger goes well and you enjoy your drug free day

ladybug i never saw the show, might try and catch it on iplayer

pixie you can have my allowance of smilies, i often forget to add them newshy

lainey n julz i hope you are coping well with the 2ww
imagine the cheek of the lady julz! you are a skinny malinky compared to me!!

hi to everyone i have missed, my drug addled brain cant keep up with all the new ladies so please keep saying hi. its taken me ages to remember the ladies ive mentioned! oh i need help!! pmsl

xXx

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 7:44pm

Just watched the big questions..OMG! Some valid points made but I really feel for that man's parents - the way he said that he'd been raised for 21 years by a man he thought was his father - I can only imagine that must have really hurt. whether his father is genetically linked to him or not to me a father is more than ejaculating into a cup! As my mother always said to me any male can be a dad but it takes a real man to be a father (my cousin was adopted hence the conversation). Thats not to say that to him his feelings are not valid but hopefully this man will have a frank and open discussion with his parents about it because he obviously has some issues that he needs to work through. Maybe he found out badly - they kept it from him and he found out some other way? If i'd been there I'd have wanted to know how he'd found out and what he would do if faced with the harsh reality of not having children other than through donor eggs and/or sperm?

If this iui has not worked and I need to go on to IVF i will be seriously considering egg sharing but if 20 years from now the resulting person tracks me down I will not consider myself their mother just like this person who donated sperm will most likely not consider himself.

Following on from that it really gets to me when people blame their parents, the fact they were adopted etc etc for any bad things that happens to them or for any bad decisions they make. I'm much more of nurture person in the old nature v nurture debate...

rant over....some of the tears and rage may be hormonally linked lol

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 8:05pm

Girls, [zx050] for your advice, it's much appreciated. Not long to go until the next stage of this long and winding road - 9pm to be exact! No more snuff, yeh!!!! :weehee:

Julz and Lainey - thinking about you. I imagine it being a roller coaster like the usual monthy wait but with the added pressure of all the treatment to get to that stage. Don't know how I'll cope next week and the week after when it's my turn, I want this to work sooooo much and just haven't prepared myself at all for failure. :pray: Feeling a bit like life is in limbo just now and this tx is all consuming. I'm sure you both feel the same, but my fingers are crossed for you both! xfingers xfingers

Ding- aling-aling - Calling Pixie! zzzz Wake up!! Did you take your meds?! Don't know how I would have remembered without setting my phone for 4 times a day. It was so lovely to wipe it at 6pm tonight.

Shirlz - you poor pet, you must be going doolally with all those drugs. :wacko: 11pm is rather impressive for a Saturday night though, well done! Did you say on another post that you're having connection problems? Ours has been a nightmare this weekend. Are you BT too? What's going on! I try to remember to copy each message before I post it incase I lose it.

Well only an hour to go and then no more drugs!! :party:

Oh, have just seen your post Lainey, I'll try to watch it tomorrow.
x

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 8:24pm

lainey im the same about concidering egg share. and i hope that even if i am lucky enough to have my own LO, i will return one day to try and donate my eggs so someone can become a parent (thats if i dont need to go down that route myself, you never know what the future holds)

pinkdaisy just over 30mins to go!!
btw i had matchsticks holding my eyelids open and walked like a zombie to bed and promptly feel straight asleep! i am orange internet and it has sorted itself - tho ive been hogging the pc on facebook tonight! oops

xxXx

Julz

Ace

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 8:29pm

Lainey, dh and i went for a walk after and chatted about it, I agree, there is something dubious going on there, they clearly don't have a great relationship. If I were his parents I would be so hurt. I'm with you on the nurture side but I do come from a psychology background. I am just infuratef that infertility gets treated like it's nit a proper illness, we don't choose to be in this position and it's not our fault. So does that mean that we don't deserve to have children!?! And what bugs me more is I have a family member who had cancer when he was 17, he's only 21 now but he has no sperm cause of the radiation and chemo. So does that mean that when he chooses to have a family he shouldn't get donor sperm? Or that there should be restrictions on it, err like I said I'd invite anyone to walk a cycle in one of our shoes and see how they feel. Errr sorry it's something I just feel so strongly about as I'm sure you all do.

Pinkdaisy- yay! Good luck! Hope when it comes the 2ww flies by for you!

Shirlz - you sure are drugged up to the high heavens! Grow follies, grow!

It sure is time we saw some bfps on here ladies! Come on GRI ladies! We can do it!

Babydust Babydust Babydust Babydust

jxx

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 9:21pm

Julz and Lainey-- re: the big Questions; I only managed to catch snippets of it but I heard all I needed to hear. Nothing surprises me. You will find, if you haven't already, that even with conventional IVF/ICSI where the parent's own biological eggs/sperm are used, so many uneducated, ignorant and bigoted people are always ready to jump on the bandwagon and preach on their moral highground on a subject which they have absolutely no clue about. Weak, judgmental and critical statements such as "it's not natural"; "it's playing God"; "all this messing about with the 'natural order' of things and harvesting eggs" are made by people who have never had any problems with their own fertility and have absolutely no clue of the desire, longing and heartache which infertility carries with it. If anything, a child born as a result of any kind of ARTs (Assisted Reproduction Technology/ies) is much, much more likely to be loved and wanted, rather than the fertile mertiles of this world who pop them out at an alarming rate yet have no idea how to raise their kids in many cases. They are the ones jumping in to give their little opinions when they've never worn the shoes. Biggots :rant: Basically, what these uneducated people are saying is that any life created in the petri dish is of significantly less value than a child which has been conceived through regular intercourse! When we have our child/ren I would love to come face to face with one of those hypocrites and ask them to tell our child/ren that they are nothing but an abhorrent work of science :pullhair: Their inflated self-egos and appalling ignorance infuriates me so much that it actually makes me cry :tears: No matter whether a child is born through donor egg, sperm, donor embryo, surrogacy, whatever.......as Lainey said, it takes far more than genetic DNA to make a mother or a father. I've even thought of donating eggs in the future (since I have plenty!), but I would never for a split second consider myself to be the mother of any resulting child from those eggs!! I do think it's fair to tell a child as soon as they're old enough to understand (if donor eggs or sperm were used or both) how they came to be, and telling them that it's because they were SO wanted, as opposed to not telling the child at all or until they're much older. children are so resilient and take things in their stride and if that child is raised in a loving, happy home, they will never see their genetic makeup as being of great significance (I don't and both my parents ar e my biological parents!!). I also agree Lainey that nurture plays a far greater role. So many stupid people out there!! X( Infertility is an illness which with the wonderful help of medicine, can help those, who through NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, have to suffer the daily pain and heartache (at times almost tangible pain!) of not being able to have a child!!

Off my soapbox now :O Sorry for the rant! It's just I used to feel so ashamed about infertility and all the treatments and invasive procedures (not to mention lack of dignity) we all have to endure on this path. My confidence, self-esteem and feeling less of a woman haunted me for years because of biggots who exist in this world. DH was also made to feel less of a man b/c of his MFI. No matter whether the 'problem' lies with the male or female (or in our case both), Infertility is a couples problem, ie a 'we' problem. For as long as I have breath, I will always be an advocate for those suffering the pain of Infertility.

Now I need a chill pill :snigger:

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

curlysue

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 7:59am

Good morning girls, :hello:

Hope you all had a great weekend.

ICSI-Pixie - [zx052] , thanks for saying it out loud!! :thumbsup:

Good luck and thinking of you girls on your 2ww and the girls that are soon to be. xfingers xfingers

Curlysue :xxx3: :hugs:

Curlysue

ttc 3 years

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 9:13am

Morning All :hi:

I'm with you Pixie, makes me so mad :angry: some people are just so ignorant, they have no idea what it is like to go through the pain of infertility. I think that it is insane since it is now so common to have fertility problems that our society is so backwards. I try not to watch these programmes now as they just get my BP up!!! :headache

Any way, just wanted to to say good luck to everyone on their :2ww , babydust .

United Kingdom

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 10:53am

well said pixie - well said

they need to walk in our shoes and realise how hard it really is with your maternal instinct and urges month after month with no ending.

xXx

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests