You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Monday, January 31st 2011, 9:16am

I just phone the lab there to ask about my embryos.
I had been worried because we hadn't had any other confirmation except on the day of ET with Annalise.
I spoke to a really nice lady who confirmed we have our 4 embryos in storage! [zx126]
I asked her about what happens in terms of how many they thaw, what kind of quality they were and about re-freezing.
She said they would advise the 4 to be used because there is a 66% rate of successful thaw and that they wouldn't recommend re-freezing any embryos in general but didn't say it couldn't be done. She also said the embryos I had were of good quality.
She said just to call the nurses to arrnage when to come along and said she looked forward to seeing me soon.
I have just had a wee cry there to myself, I am so pleased the little fellas are still there and ok having their little sleep waiting for us to come back. :hugs:
I feel a bit happier about it all now and just hope with all my heart that we can go back soon and try that last time,xxxx

I hope everyone is well today. That's another day done, Confused - less than 2 weeks until you find out now! [zx187]

I've got the dentist later - just for a check up. Will pop back later to see how everyone got on today who was going up to GRI,xxxx

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

L-A

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Monday, January 31st 2011, 11:46am

Hi girls,

Well thanks to all your PMA AF did indeed arrive yesterday so called this morning. They tried to tell me they were full but I pushed them that I'd been preliminary booked in as that's three times I've been put off and lo and behold an appointment appeared for a scan and bloods tomorrow at 9.30am. Yippeee!! :D At last it feels like this is actually happening now which is very exciting.

Hope everyone else is good this Monday am.

Confused - huge congrats on being PUPO. I hope the next two weeks fly by for you and you get the result you've been praying for. I hope it's the best Valentine's Day ever for you.

Shelly - hope your appointment went well this morning and the drive wasn't too bad. Must be a nightmare. I only live 5 mins from the Royal so I'm really lucky but I really feel for you having to make that trip everytime.

Pinkdaisy hope the scan went well. Looking forward to hearing your news.

Ailly - good luck for the scan and bloods, nearly there!

Cookie Monster - my DH has CF which is why we're on this journey too. Have you tried getting the Gartnavel CF team to back you up? They were great with us, we didn't realise until it was too late but they'd have helped with the initial referral and would have sped up the urology appointments for us. I know it's not their area of expertise but they may help strengthen your case.

Destiny - I've been waiting two years and four months in total for ICSI and that's me just getting started. You only go on the list from when you've had all your exploratory appoints and ops although it is backdated to when your doc first sent the letter. My advice is to keep calling to check when your next appointment is due. I didn't as I didn't want to annoy anyone and I thought they'd get in contact when we were ready but it was only when I started to call that we got anywhere. I don't want to dishearten you, the staff are lovely and the time does go in, but about a year after you've been referred I'd start calling every 3 months or so to see where you are and what the next steps are. Just keeps you on their radar and makes sure you get all your tests done before you get to the top of the list.

Shirlz, Lisa hope the wii fit routines are helping you break a sweat. I'm off spinning tonight, have you ever tried it? It's hard work but def makes a difference.

Pixie, you're a font of knowledge, I'm sure I'll be calling on it over the next 8 weeks:D

Christine, are you in tomorrow am for bloods too??

L-A

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Monday, January 31st 2011, 4:25pm

lmao lmao Confused your so funny!! I mean, not funny that you have a niggley pain on one side, but the way you described it 'scooshing up' laugh1
I dont think you should worry about it, hopefully its just your little embies snugglin in nicely for the next 8 months. Not sure if it helps, but to help keep up your PMA, both my embies were 8 cells and graded 8/10, so looking good girly ! thumbup

Lisa - awwww how sweet that your 4 wee embies are sleeping tightly waiting on you. Cant believe that you will soon be carrrying a wee brother or sister for Annalise!

Pinkdaisy - glad you enjoyed your weekend, back to the normal daily routine now eh?!

Everyone else, grouphug sorry Im loosing track of everythin that is goin on here at the mo - isnt it great to see it all happening!

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Monday, January 31st 2011, 5:18pm

Lisa- Nice to know u wee embies are in good nick and waiting for u now make sure its not a Christmas baby, Dec Birthdays are crap ! [zx014]

L-A Brill u got an appointment tomoz, good luck.

Dr Pixie - Biology Teacher then :books: [zx006] ???

Who else was in today?

Day 15 IUI
Scan today 1x15mm 1x16mm 1x11mm and wee ones so menopur tonight and tomorrow. Booster jag tomoz midnight :sleeping: Thu 9.30am DH [zx151] me IUI 3pm [zx008]. She said bring your dressing gown and slippers for THEATRE. I just expected a scoosh up the H*** now im :scared:

Love to all xx
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

• United Kingdom

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Monday, January 31st 2011, 7:24pm

Ailly, I am hoping it won't be Christmas either as Annalise was born a week before Christmas and I would really be bankrupt then! :snigger: What you say about December birthdays was something DH and I spoke about because you always heard about folk at school born near Christmas getting birthday and Christmas presents combined, poor buggers!!!! :teehee:
I'm glad all is going well with your IUI and not long until the 2ww for you my girl! woohoo

L-A, Thanks for your support. I've not tried spinning but quite fancy it. I would be so scared of making a fool of myself jsut now though as I am so so so unfit you wouldn't believe!
I'm glad you got your appointment fixed so good luck for tomorrow and keep us posted,xxxx

Weeyin, Thanks for that. blowkiss Any movement your end yet? You must be soooooooooo excited now and probably a bit scared but you will be absolutely fine,xxxx

bab21
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Monday, January 31st 2011, 11:00pm

Hi Ladies,

:goodluck: for Thursday Ailly. The dressing gown and slippers are simply for hygiene reasons. They whip your dressing gown and slippers from under you as soon as you enter theatre!! All you'll be left with is a not--fancy theatre gown (with your top underneath) and a gorgeous wee blue theatre hat!! Don't worry, they won't put you out for IUI hon [zx127] Looks like everything's moving along perfectly too!

Pinkdaisy-- So sorry your chillaxing weekend away wasn't what you expected :sadface: Especially when you needed it!! Hope you're doing ok with the stims hon. As you said, no matter how many times we go through this, it's always an anxious time. Love and thoughts are with you :cuddle

Confused-- sounds like you had a definite day 3 transfer this time. All my transfers have been day 2/2.5, ranging between 2-4cells, which I've been told are right on track for that stage in development (ideally your embies should double in the number of cells every 24hrs). Your last transfer was probably day 4, as day 5 would mean blastocyst, and GRI have just newly installed a blastocyst incubator (for day 5+ transfers). The Dr was right in that the embies ARE better off in your womb at such an early stage of development, more so than the lab, b/c your uterus provides a far more 'natural' environment for your embies than any lab ever can. The blastocyst incubator is very new, and to date... although exciting news, GRI has very limited experience with it. Our first FET was with 2-cell embies, graded 9/10 and both implanted, so I hope that gives you some hope chick. [zx127]

LA--that's just fabby news about AF appearing and that you're booked in for tomorrow :weehee: It's so good to have hope on this journey! Loads of love hon. Keep us posted!!

Cookie--I'm so very sorry for your loss. As others have suggested, would your GP prescribe progesterone in one form or another? I think they actually have to, especially if you have a known progesterone deficiency either through a known luteal phase defect or other conditions which cause progesterone deficiency. Is CF a cause in your progesterone issues do you know? P.S. I have heaps of progesterone pessaries left over from previous cycles, all still in date and am more than happy to mail them to you if you can't get hold of them through conventional means [zx127]

Lisa-- I'm so glad you phoned the lab and your wee embies are all there :heart: I'm surprised they never gave you any confirmation or letter to say! Every fresh and frozen cycle we've been through they've always handed me or DH a sheet to say exactly how many eggs were collected and/or how many embryos have been thawed and transferred, grading etc and how many left, including what date they will store them up to. We've also been given a copy to hand into our GP. I'm glad your chat gave you hope hon. Just do what you and DH feel comfortable with. Hope your gallbladder isn't playing up too much either and that Lo is well after her jabs :hugs:

:hello: Destiny and welcome! Everyone's given you good advice on waiting times etc. I hope you feel at home here while you wait [zx127]

Hi Shirlz, Christine, Julz, WeeYin and everyone else I've missed.

Wont be on much over the next week as it's the first anniversary since my wonderful FIL died next week and DH/MIL/BIL and everyone else needs my support right now. Love you all and will check in when I can. Thinking of each one of you. :flowers:

blowkiss

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF/ICSI OHSS (no transfer)
FET#1 Oct08 :BFP: ,Twins! m/c Dec08 :bawl:
FET#2 :BFN:
FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET #5 :BFN:
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!
FET #7(June '11) :BFP: Early m/c :bawl:
FET #8 (August '11) :BFN:

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 11:06am

Yeah, ICSIPixie, that's what worried me - that we hadn't been given anything in writing. We were just told by a nurse and Dr Despande separately on ET day. They said we had 4 to freeze for next time if we needed them. On our first cycle we were given a letter with all the info on it. Maybe they overlooked it. But the lab person yesterday confirming it is good enough for me and means we have another good shot.

I met a lady at Weight Watchers there who has just had her gallbladder removed and was really poorly afterwards. It's worried me a wee bit because I want this over and done with as soon as I can because I have Annalise to look after and my business and then there is our FET. She did say she was quick in getting taken for the op and there wasn't a long wait,x

bab21
My Diary

Reg: Nov 5th 2010

Children: Hopefully one day

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 12:57pm

hi ladies how is everyone today can't wait till Friday hope everything is doing what its meant to be doing x pink daisy how are you feeling about Friday I'm so nervous been getting a bit emotional just hope everything is going ok x
:xxx: shelly :xxx:

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 4:41pm

Hi girls, hope you got on ok today Christine.
Lisa - great that you have ice babies waiting, that's so lovely and a relief for you too.
LA - glad you called up and got booked it, great at such short notice. How did you get on? At least you are now off and running!
Confused - how are you feeling pet? No paranoid symptom spotting now!
Pixie - Tough time for you, can't believe that's a year already. That's when I started tx last year. Sending you hugs. xx
Ailly - good luck with your booster, be thinking of you. Funny it WAS you in the lift!
Shelly - I'm shattered. How are you? Last night I dropped a little glass vial and it smashed everywhere and I just burst out crying. I was dragging the hoover upstairs and falling over it as I went. Ended up sobbing on my bed feeling sorry for myself, so not a good night last night and was feeling a bit sorry for myself at the injustice of it all. Much better today thank goodness, but still tired so another early one will do me good. All sounds ridiculous now doesn't it?
Anyway - hello to everyone. Rushing out now, hope to catch up properly later. Hope you're all well. xx

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:25pm

Hi girls just a quick update as tea is cooking. Got bloods done and then Helen said those dreaded words. I need to weigh you now. She did and my BMI was 35.8 so not to good. I tried to plead my case and she said she will plead my case with the doctors and although she has given us all our dates it could be cancelled. I have to do my best and when I go back on the 10th for prostap? I could be told that I'm not getting it and that it is cancelled. Feeling crap as I can't lose that amount in one week especially withb PCOS. Sorry for the rant just feeling so bad and just wanting to cry and cry.

Hope that everyone else is well and things going as planned.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Reg: Aug 15th 2008

Children: Lovely DD 22yrs

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:48pm

Is There Room For One More?

Hiya Girls,

I'm sorry to report that I have been lurking and not posting :O .

It's been so busy in here and lovely to see Dr Pixie posting again blowkiss

Confused-Congrats honey on being PUPO , hope you have your feet up and relaxing. I have fair enjoyed your crack and those list are fab. :coffee:

Pink Daisy-Hope you are feeling much better now, hormones eh? :flowerbasket:

Lisa-I hope everything goes ok with the Gall Bladder op and your fighting fit for FET in no time :hugs:

Christine-So sorry that happened to you today. I hope everything is ok on the 10th, got my fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

LA-Well done on getting started.

Ailly-Good luck with the booster tonight and the scoosh tomoz :goodluck: .

Cookie-Hope everything goes well honey and you won't need to wait all that time.

Destiny-I ended up phoning every month just on the off chance that I might be at the top. I think they must have been relieved when I was as I was heart roasting them.

Shelley- Howz stimz going?

Shirlz-Good luck for tomorrow.

Liz, Julz & Wee Yin blowkiss

AFM- Our last go and apart from everyone on here I haven't told anyone. I had the Prostap on the 20th January, Our review appointment is tomorrow and baseline scan is on Thursday 3 February.

I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Love Lainy :xxx3:
Me 40 DH 35
Ist Two embies 26/05/10 OD 08/06/10 :BFN: Left Tube Clipped due to Hydrosalpinx 09/09/10
2nd IVF Two embies 15/11/10 OTD 29/11/10 :BFP: All over 24hrs later bigcloud 3rd IVF Two embies 24/02/11 OTD 09/03/11 :BFN: 04/07/11 Surprise Natural :BFP: MC 5weeks 5days :tear: Broken.

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 9:02pm

cookie monster so sorry to hear you too have been having a hellish time. i hope things can get easier.

hi destiny, hope your destiny at the gri is a happy one

christine i lost 8.5lbs doing a week on the shakes diet. expensive but for a quick weight loss they are well worth it. hope you can get some lbs off before next week or the nurse can plead your case with the clinic. you are only .8 over their bmi requirements after all.

hi to everyone, sorry i cant say more but im knackered and about to head to bed- i havnt even got my questions for tomorrow sorted yet! i always leave things till the last second!

lainey i will look out for you tomorrow- just doing my nails now and they should be black & white with silver glitter. clueless as to what i will be wearing tho

hugs to all
x

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 9:10pm

:hugs: ICSI Pixie,xxxx :hugs:

Pinkdaisy, Shelly, Ailly, L-A, Cookie, Lainy, Destiny, Julz, Wee Yin, Christine, Destiny and of course, Confused, big hugs to you all,xxxx

Hope your week is going in quick, Confused,x

Lainy, Good to have you back and I hope goes really well with your treatment this time,x

Gaga, If you are reading, I am thinking of you,x

Shirlz, :hugs: for you too. What is the shakes diet? I am interested in hearing more. I am thinking of trying the Tony thingy from Boots if I don't lose weight beyond 13 stones soon,x

bab21
My Diary

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 12:18pm

lisa ive never heard of the boots tony thing! whats that?
the shakes are the "all about weight" diet expensive but has great results when followed correctly- as angel mouse has proven!

x

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 1:03pm

Shirlz, It's Tony Ferguson that is in Boots and I think it is a similar thing with shakes and soups. I think it's really dear as well but since I hit my 30s I just can't seem to lose weight very quickly at all. It's starts well and then it's half a pound here and there and I can hand on heart say that when I start the diet, I am very disciplined and stick rigidly to what I am doing. A bit annoying when you hear others losing 3 and 4 pounds after eating takeaways and drinking wine all weekend! :cross:

bab21
My Diary

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 4:34pm

HI ladies How is everyone doing sorry havent been on laptop is rubbish so either have to use my phone or wait till im in work :thumbdown:

Pink Daisy im really emotional and injections just don't seem to be getting easier :pullhair: im up at 08:40 on friday what about you :yawning:

Hope evryone is keeping well x

I am so nervous about friday half of me is so excited and the other half of me feels so sick i am petriffied incase they turn round and say that the injection shavent worked and thats it all over xx

Sorry don't mean to be so negative its just so hard to be positive all the time :sniff:

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 4:46pm

Awww, Shelly, :hugs: I think what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I know from my own point of view that on both cycles we have had that I worried the same and felt both excited and anxious at this stage too. You just have to try and visualise all of your follicles growing well and just keep the faith that all will be ok on Friday. It's usually a long wait on that day to find out if you are triggering or not but you will know how many good follies you have on leaving the appointment which is good.
Just think, this time next week if you are ready on Friday, you will be on your 2ww! It's such an exciting and tiring time - you just have to be kind to yourself and keep up your PMA. We are all here to help you so you are not alone,xxxx :pray:

bab21
My Diary

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 4:55pm

aww thank you just burst into to tears which looks good at work ha ha i think i will need to leave early tonight don't think i will make it to eleven o'clock :eyebrows:

i just find it so hard trying to keep positive its not just me im trying for it seems to be for everyone and im mentally exhausted im going loopy :loony:
but need to pull myself together xx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 5:46pm

shelly you go thru so many emotions on this rollercoaster journey! you certaintly aint going loopy- it just feels like it!
have you got any niggly feelings in your ovary area? i have had cycles where ive felt nothing and had a good number of follies, and other cycles where ive felt like my ovaries are gonna explode and theres been hardly any follies growing!

lisa i will check the tony thing out. dont know if it is similar to my diet. mine costs £49 if you do the full diet each week. im doing the 50-50 and eating other foods so its £25 a week. i found this diet the one for me. i know i cant cheat!

my follow up was a good experiance today- update in my diary.
apart from being kept waiting for 40mins it has been a PMA tastic!
i feel settled and happy to stay with the GRI for a private cycle.

lainey i was gonna see if you were in the waiting room when i left but i was greeting with happiness as walked out the consultants room so couldnt.

love to all, im away out to meet my friends for dinner (and try and eat well)

xXx

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 7:27pm

Shirlz, Just been in your diary and have left you a message there but can't resist it AGAIN!........ biggrin2

Shelly, I hope you get to home a bit earlier, poor soul. If I was nearer Dumfries I would come and give you a cuddle but we are 2hrs away here in Kilmarnock....... so have a virtual hug instead,xxxx :hugs:

Just been doing a bit of prep work - got 3 sessions planned for this week and hopefully a new client who phoned today will get back to me too. xfingers
Business has been really slow recently and I'm glad of a bit more interest as I was beginning to think I might have to think of other ways to earn money (apart from busking :whistling: ) but I would rather earn more than 50 pence (and that is being generous these days!!!!! :snigger: :snigger: :snigger: :snigger: ).
Right, away to have dinner and maybe bust some moves on Justdance! :D

bab21
My Diary

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 7:29pm

GRI What's on Guide

Febuary
Lisa is on her WII Fit in preparation for her FET this year! [zx015]

Tuesday 1st Feb
Christine - bloods
LA - scan and bloods
Ailly - Booster Jag (IUI)

Wednesday 2nd feb
Shirlz - follow up appointment
Lainy - review appointment

Thursday
Lainy - baseline scan
Ailly - IUI Theatre (3PM)

Friday 4th Feb
Shelly - scan
pinkdaisy - scan

Monday 7th Feb
Shelly - Scan

Tuesday 8th feb
Bunnyfluff appointment

9th February
Liz - follow up appointment

10th Feb
Christine - prostap

14th February
Angel mouse - prostap
confused.com - OTD :dust: :sticky:

August
Littlemissdee

Sorry if i have missed anyone, please let me know xxxx
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 7:40pm

hey girls, just popping in quickly....

pinkdaisy and shelly i hope your hanging on in there - not long till friday now. shelly if i can give you any bit of advice it would be dont stress - i know its easier said that done but please try and relax a bit, deep breaths..... trust me an an expert lol x

christine, i was hoping she wouldnt weigh you - but i am hoping that shes fighting your case hard!! :pray:

shirlz - am over the moon for you, replied in your diary :hugs:

lainy - its so nice to see you back, your a wonderful lady and i have much respect for you, and for helping me through the dark days x :chocs:

pixie - your such a pillar of strength to everyone lurve i cant believe its been a year, my thoughts are with you and your family, here are some :chocs: and :flowers: for when you return to us x

lisa what a beautiful profile pic - wee A always makes me smile when i see her cheeky wee face starsmile

been so zzzz zzzz zzzz this week, i can hardly keep my eyes open!! and i know i must be mega tired as i still have glee, one born every min, vampire diaries and big fat gyspy wedding to watch!! i am so sorry i had every intention to do all the personals but my bed is shouting me upstairs - trying not to think about it but only 10 days until POAS and 12 till OTD bloods..... xfingers xf xfingers xfingers

love to you all grouphug
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "*confused.com*" (Feb 2nd 2011, 7:42pm)

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 7:55pm

Confused, thanks for doing the update again, you're a wee star! Early bed for you Mrs - make sure you're taking care as implantation should be round about now!
Lainey, it's really lovely to see you back, I have a feeling that you me and Shelly could all be in on the same morning for EC....imagine!
Shelly, I know it's hard but we're nearly there now pet...two more sleeps til scans. I'm in at 8.15 so might see you on the way out. Good luck!
Hi to everyone else - going to have a peek at your diary Shirlz.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:03pm

Extra good luck for friday pink daisy i probably will see you you wont miss me im only 5"1 :snigger: and hubby about 6"1 with Glasses but will just say hi to everyone. Dh bought me a love heart years ago for good luck so you will see me sitting rubbing that cause everytime ive worn it it brings good luck so fingers crossed :happy:

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:15pm

Well, we usually sit in the corridor as I don't like the waiting room when nobody talks! Maybe see you. Hope all goes well, two more jabs to do and hope tonight is better than last night - managed to create a lovely big squirt of blood which ran down my tummy. No idea how I managed it but was quite dramatic!

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

L-A

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:19pm

HI,

Confused thanks for the post, it's hard to keep up so it's great to have a wee reminder.

Ailly good luck tomorrow, hope it all goes well.
Shelly, don't let the pressure of worrying about everyone else get to you. This is one time in your life you have to put yourself first so remember that. The more relaxed and positive you are, the better.
Shirlz, glad you are positive after your appointment, hope you have a fab night out with your mates.
Pinkdaisy hope you are trying your best to keep relaxed too. Good luck for the scan on Friday.
Lainy, glad you are feeling strong enough to try again, it's good to see you back.

Big hi to everyone else, hope you are all tip top.

Bloods and scan went great on Tuesday, got the all clear to get started and was just about to leave with my injection kit and menopur only for them to decide to realise I should have been on Metformin for the last week. I should have started this on day 21 of my last period but the booking line were so keen to get me off the phone last time, telling me they couldn't start me, that they didn't even check my records, even when I explained I was on the short protocol. They should have told me to come in and collect my prescription, ready to start before my next AF.

Sooo long story short, I've got to start the Metformin on day 21 (19th) and call back when AF arrives for scan and bloods again, hopefully to start stimming then. They've preliminary booked me in again for 21st as AF now seems to be on a 23-day cycle. I know it is for the best but gutted at another oversight and mistake with our records. You wouldn't believe the amount of forms, blood and test results they've lost from our file. DH also got a call today to say they've miss placed his sperm storage forms - not the sort of thing you want floating around.

Anyway we are where we are and it will all start in earnest eventually. I left with some drugs so I'm classing it as a start and milking it with DH. He keeps reminding me he's had his tinklebags slit for his end of the bargain which is apparently 'worse than a few injections' :D but I'm putting my feet up and getting him to run around after me. I've got my MIL backing me up too which means he's too scared not to do as he is told with both of us ganging up against him :D I'll need to up the ante when I actually do start on the hormones:D:D

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday night, two more days till the weekend!!

L-A xx

Reg: Sep 25th 2010

Children: NONE

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:23pm

angels&babies -congratz to you hunnie,im so happy for you.and,aww thats nice to hear someone missed me.yea,im actually supposed to have Prof Nelson but i still havnt met him.
i was ther on 25 jan 2011 at 1130am (tue) and well,since they have decided that IVF is the only way the will go ahead with me ,the dr medina said to come back in 4 months
which is 3 may @ 10am and i'll see what happens then.
thy keep saying becsue you have cystic fibrosis but i actually think they keep going on about my diabeties which is in the best control i have had in years ,i havnt been on isnulin for 14 months now
so basically they are macking my health to look out bad wen it isnt at all.

L-A : hello, to you.how did your scan go?hope all is gd and about the CF wow! gartnavel?thats wher im at too.actually,no they havnt been much help but im hoping to speak to dr Ross soon as the others ...im sorry i just havnt any good words for them at all,they havnt supported me at all,i went to m GP for help and he has been great.
so,are you geting IUI or IVF?

pinkdaisy-hope your scan went well too hunnie

Ailly- gd luck for the scan

goodluck for everyone else and hope the bloods,scans and eveyrthing else goes well
all my luve

xx goodnight
:angel2:
Praying for a Miracle

Reg: Sep 25th 2010

Children: NONE

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:35pm

sorry,ladies i forgot to thank everyone for their support and without it i think everyday would be difficult to get by.i appreciate it so much.im sorry for not being on as i had problems with my laptop then internet and then all these appts and bad news here and there. but i'l get there.

ICSI-PIXIE -yeah,i do have a deficency but its not related to the CF.

P.S. I have heaps of progesterone pessaries left over from previous cycles, all
still in date and am more than happy to mail them to you
if you can't get hold of them through conventional means.

aww,thats great sure if you dont mind.i hope im not being cheeky in saying yes to you.
but if you can that would be great.i can send you my address by mail and wen you can post it that would be great,i would appreciate it so much
you just brightened my day :D ,well its night now but i guess you know what i mean LOL

thnx so much and goodnight ladies and hope to talk soon.
muah xxx saira
:angel2:
Praying for a Miracle

L-A

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:46pm

Hi Cookie Monster,

We're getting ICSI as it's the only route for 99.9% of guys with CF. My DH share's your opinion about the others as Gartnavel too but Dr Ross has been good and actually said he'd have written to ACS to get him moved forward for his sperm retrieval had he told him. We just did it all through our GPs but Dr Ross did say they have arrangements in place for their patients to be seen quickly. No harm in seeing if he can give you any support, even if it is a letter to explain your health.

It's hard for other docs to understand CF 'health', when my DH was asked about his health and medication at ACS and started outlining his drugs the nurse actually looked at him and said 'are you serious?' Luckily his GP had included a letter explaining that is actually in good health, it's just that CF comes with a long line of additional wee issues.

Don't give up, I'm sure you've had to do plenty of battling with Drs over the years, if you are anything like my hubby, so you'll know you just have to keep pushing your case:D:D

L-A xx

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 10:58pm

Hi Everyone x

Thought I would come on for a wee half hour and been on over an hour reading !!! there is so much happening x

Confused I have everything crossed for you xx wishing you all the luck in the world x and saying a wee prayer for you at night x Also wanted to say thanks for the update list, wouldnt have a clue otherwise xxx

Shirlz glad today went well xxx

Lainey your back !!! and back on tx whooooo, fingers crossed xxx Did you start before your review? I didnt know you could do that, my review is next week anyway x just want to get started again xx

Good Luck for tomorrow Ailly, will be thinking of you x

Pinkdaisy and Shelly hope everything is going to plan x

A BIG HI to everyone else, Pixie, Christine (hope you get started) LA, Cookie, Weeyin,Julz and Lisa (love your new profile pic) xxxx Sorry if I have forgotten anyone but its late lol x

AFM - Nothing to report just waiting for next week, I cant wait to get started again, really fed up waiting feel as if I am wasting time, and im not getting any younger lol xx

Bye for now

xxxxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 11:02pm

LA your DH's "tinklebags" made me giggle! what a cracking nickname for them!
after stressing over getting booked in and now you have to wait another month coz they didnt get you started on some meds. must be so frustrating! whats the metformin for? ive done the short protocol but didnt get this.

ailly good luck for tomorrow! hope DH's little swimmers are on top form

shelly hope your scan show some nice follies growing

you too pinkdaisy! its gotta be 3rd time lucky for you huni! do u hear me follies- grow nice n mature for pinkdaisymummy
the blood spurt sounds impressive! hope it wasnt too sore

cookie have they taken yours and dh's bloods to be tested yet? i only met prof nelson once and have seen a variety of doctors and consultants since- my fave is dr lyall. but dr medina has got me preggers twice now! and i believe she did julz's iui this last time too. you may see different people each time (sometimes that can be a good thing, sometimes not)
do you attend any clinics for your diabetes where the consultant could confirm it is under control?

confused once again your list is great! hope you are getting plenty of rest and relaxation. are you off work for the 2ww? roll on the 14th and your bfp!!

lisa i hope you get more clients asap! im jealous about the just dance game- played it on hogmanay and it was fabby! i was good at it amazingly enough!

lainey do u have dark hair? i tried to flash my nails to everyone before i was taken in for our appointment (which was ment to be 2.15 but wasnt seen till 3.10! thats another rant!) but no one looked over so i thought u wernt there.

think we need to devise a "look" so people from here can recognise each other in the dreaded waiting room- maybe a flower in the lapel or similar. no one wants to talk to each other in there!
pinkdaisy i like the corridor too- sitting listening to people clanking up that long walkway!!

stephanie, pixie, angel mouse, christine, josie, destiny, lilmissdee, liz, weeyin, julz, sonja, and everyone else i havnt mentioned (think we need a roll call asap!) thinking of you

liz! almost cross posted with u there! have you got all your questions organised for next week? i organised mine this morning!

x

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 11:08pm

Hi Shirlz

Yip got them all ready but will more than likely chicken out of asking them all, I need courage lol xx

I agree with you, think we need a look lol x FZ should make pins that we could buy when we donate and we could all wear them lol

Take care and talk soon x

babydust

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 11:25pm

liz thats a brilliant idea!
i would deffo buy one!
talking about donating to the site- i havnt donated for a while but now DF has a few hours of work this week i think it is time for a wee contribution.
i know i would struggle if this site were to close

how does everyone else feel about FZ pins? would anyone buy one and wear it at the GRI? could also be good for meet ups

x

Tracy m

Reg: Jul 19th 2010

Children: i have one daughter called darcy she is 16 and wonderful

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 11:37pm

hi ladies,

couldnt sleep so i thought i would come on and see how everyone was the support

on here is fab and even though i dont post on here alot i do like to see how all u lovely ladies

are getting on, but i must say im only on to say what a giggle i have had about the tinklebags

i havent stopped laughing since i saw that what a great name to call them so im off to bed with

a smile on my face hoping i dont wake up my dh with a wee chuckle when im lying there with that

thought running through my head.

good luck on diets ladies u can do it.xxx :smile: :smile:

• United Kingdom

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 8:07am

FZ pins would be a great idea, Liz and a good way to raise funds for FZ! Good to hear from you and hope the time flies until you go back,xxxx :D

Good to see you also, Tracy, CookieMonster and L-A,xxxx :D

Will nip back later - got to go and get dressed,xxxx :D

bab21
My Diary

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 9:22am

IUI today

Hi everone.

I was going to do personals but my head is scrambled as iv waited 18 months for today to arrive.I took today and tomoz off so Im in bed watching lorraine and on laptop with a cup of tea. DH has done the deed [zx151] and is on route to the GRI [zx071] . I asked if it looked good and he he replied it looks more that normal (I don't know what reply I expected to that question! :duh: ) lol.

Good luck to everyone who is in today. :goodluck:

blowkiss
Ailly

• United Kingdom

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 12:43pm

Great news, Ailly! All the best and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys,xxxx xfingers :D

bab21
My Diary

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 3:08pm

Best of luck for today Ailly xxx

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 4:15pm

Hi Ladies how is everyone today x im soooooooooooo nervius about tomorrow but got positive thoughts pink daisy hope you ok and maybe see you tomorrow :tonguestretch:

I hope i sleep tonight going to be exhausted tomorrow working till eleven tonight hopefully take my mind off tomorrow doubt it :loony: x

hope everyone is ok thinking of everyone

confused hope your ok saying a wee prayer for you at night (isn't it amazing that we count on the big guy for everything hopefully he will help me tomorrow biggrin2 xx

Ailly good luck fingers crossed for you xx

thinking of everyone xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "shelly30" (Feb 3rd 2011, 4:16pm)

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 6:22pm

IUI today

Hi well thats me home from insemination and been lying upside down for the last hour .

What im going to say is purley in relation to me and IUI nothing to do with the great service of the GRI so I don't put anyone off -

I was not impressed at that ACS today. 1st I got called so i walked out, no one there so stood like an ejit and the nurse came back and said n here. Then she said wheres your dressing gown I replied back in waiting room wi hubby. I told her it was my 1st time and to please explain the process. Then she looked at my file and mentioned I have PCO I said WHAT 1st time its ever been mentioned, she said yea lots of cysts again never knew anything about it. (I will need to google) .

I then asked about sperm sample eventually I got part of an answer 110 million b 4 wash 65% motility. and 5 million inseminated. I know its MILLIONS but is that not a massive drop, again no explanation.

I then said can the sperm fall out or is it too high, she replied of course it can fall out it just the same as sex. I said well thats no good IV been TTC for 3 years and u r telling me this is the same. - No answer.

I said thought I was 2 lie down for 15 mins , her answer no u dont need to do that and told me I was finished. Don't know her name she has blond bob and glasses.

Lainey - how was scan?
Shelly - Its really interesting seeing your follies on screen, good luck
Pink daisy - good luck as well x
Confused - thanks for list its really handy
Shirlz- great idea lets all wear someting the same or cough 3 times when we enter . lol
LA- What a mix up thats shocking.

My dinner is ready. Hi to everyone else xxx
Ailly

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 6:39pm

PS - I test on fri 18th (me and hubbys 10 year anniversary since we hooked up) confused , please add to list cheers x
Ailly

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 6:48pm

:hugs: Hi Ailly

Just tried to post there and it didnt let me !!!!!

I have had 3 IUI's at the GRI and every time it was someone different who did the procedure and each time I was told there was no medical research to prove that lying down upside down helps. (on my last IUI they did let me as i was last in, and in didnt make any difference to me) also they inseminate that far in that it does not fall out !!!m i remember asking the same question and that is what they told me xx try not to worry because you never know what could be happening inside you xxx I have everything crossed for you xxxx babydust babydust babydust coming your way xxxx

babydust

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 7:16pm

Thanks Ailly im just so scared that there isn't any follies there will be saying a wee prayer tonight my fingers and toes are crossed xx

This Weather is terrible we are getting power surges at work ooohhhhh its scary :laugh:

wish i was home in my p's xx

hope everyone is have a chilaxing night xx bigkiss

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "shelly30" (Feb 3rd 2011, 7:21pm)

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 7:47pm

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on recently, things have been a bit horrible the last week. We were burgled last week while we were asleep in our beds. Got a pretty big fright, but didn't know anything about it until I woke up in the morning and came down stairs. Thankfully they got all they needed and didn't need to come up stairs.I don't know what I would have done if they had. So the last week has been hectic trying to sort things out and not feeling so happy about being home alone. The most upsetting thing is they took my pregnancy journal with all our scan pics and notes and everything. And they took my laptop which had all my pregnancy/test/bump pics etc, pics from the first pg, a journal that I have been keeping through 3 1/2 yrs of ttc and all our txs, mc and everything. Memories and feelings that you can't recreate, plus a letter that I had written to our angel. It makes me so upset and so angry that they could just take something that means so much to them and nothing to them, and prob won't get that much money for is. So it's been a pretty crap week.

Anyway... life goes on and we have to move on, we have a lot to look forward to and we are ok and that is the main thing.

So... where to start, so many things happening!

Confused - hope you are doing well being pupo, and all the niggles and tiredness are all normal, there is a lot trying to happen in there so just relax and keep everything crossed ;) legs esepcially!!

Ailly - you are now pupo too! take it easy over the next few days especially! let dh look after you, no heavy lifting, nothing strenuous. The first time they told me to lay down for 15 mins after, 2nd time I think I was one of the last ones so did again but they didn't tell me to. I just waited until they kicked me out ;) the last time they said the same that the research is now saying that lying down after doesn't make a difference. I think I did for about 10-15 again until they told me they needed the bed for someone else ;) but the last time they did make me walk back from theatre where as the two previous times they wheeled me through on the bed. I think I also had the same person that you were talking about. She was also the one that confirmed my mc and I was so upset when we went in cause she just reminded me of that horrible day. She didn't do the iui but she assisted. But she was quite short with answers too and I didn't find her very sympathetic either when we had the mc. But the actual one who did the iui was nice. That is really good numbers though so don't worry. 5million is more than enough. and we got two with only 23% a+b so it can happen. Hang in there.

Christine - sorry they made you feel bad. All you can do is the best that you can. I will keep everything crossed that they look the other way at the 0.8 but keep positive and that will help you keep it up until they weigh you again.

Lainy - yay to starting again. Remember that no matter how devastating the mc was, you did achieve a pregnancy which means that your body can do it. So hopefully it will remember what to do and hang onto the next one tight. Keeping everything crossed.

Shelly - the nerves never seem to go I'm afraid. Try to just take each day as it comes and if you make it to the next stage then that's a bonus. Send those ovaries positive vibes to get those follies growing!

Shirlz - glad appt went well! I'll pop onto your diary to see what happened.

Sorry I can't remember everyone... Hope everyone else is well and all txs are going well!! Everything is firmly crossed at this end for all of you, and I will get lo's to cross theirs for you too ;)

Love luck and baby dust, jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 7:57pm

Thats terrible news Julz , so scarry when u r sleeping and the thoughtless B's taking all your personal stuff. I hope the police catch the B's if their targetting the area. Nice big houses down your way, feckin ass holes. Take care , thanks for your post. Feel a little crampy but fine otherwise. xx
Ailly

Tracy m

Reg: Jul 19th 2010

Children: i have one daughter called darcy she is 16 and wonderful

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 8:19pm

hi ladies,

im just wondering what happens now im waiting for my periods to start

then i make an appiontment for 21 days later and then i start on the gonal f what

happens then im reading about scans and things i have just blocked this out or do

they tell u things at different times im so ?o( ?o( .

u all seem clued up and so sure of whats going on i feel like an idiot as i really dont know

whats happening my dh is just as confused he seems to think i should know what happens

next some advise please.xx

so sorry to hear that scumbags broke in julz i hope u are ok.xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tracy m" (Feb 3rd 2011, 8:26pm)

United Kingdom

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 8:39pm

Hi lovely ladies :wave: I have a rare 30mins in an otherwise awful week. Lots going on!!

Confused--thinking about you every day hon and hoping those embies are snuggling up for the duration :heart: :heart: As far as foods, I hauled out my wee twinnies memory box especially for you last night, and besides getting all emotional, was so pleased to find the letter from GRI on our pregnancy with them and the what to/not to eats :smile: So, here goes: 1) Take Pregnacare or at the vey least 400mcg of daily folic acid (been on them for seven years :snigger: ); 2) Avoid-- liver/pates etc; soft cheeses; uncooked eggs in mayonnaise or desserts; raw or undercooked meats; 3) if any family member suffers from a peanut allergy or has atopic eczema, asthma or hay fever, it is recommended that you should avoid eating peanuts or foods containing peanut products during pregnancy or breasfeeding. The list can be quite exhaustive hon, so basically eat as though you WERE/ARE pg!! :hugs:

Shelly and Pinkdaisy-- wishing you lots of :goodluck: on your stim scans tomorrow! I know it's a worrying time, no matter how many cycles you go through. And boy, the emotional outbursts, I cried just reading about them, I SO remember. All normal and all unfair. Keep us posted lovely ladies [zx127] [zx127]

Cookie Monster--what a struggle you've had hon. Will reply to your PM as soon as I can. Hang in there!

Shirlz-- FAB review and have pestered your diary :snigger:

Chrisitne-- I'm so sorry that your worst fears came true, in terms of them weighing you. Don't lose hope hon. I'm sure they'll review your case positively and have you back on the 10th :cuddle

:hello: Liz--not sure we ever met? Welcome! Is next week your initial appointment to get started? Sorry, I don't know your IF(infertility) journey :O

LA-- I'm so sorry your cycle was delayed :sadface: I did the short (antagonist) protocol too, as I also have PCOS (which is totally different from PCO as you probably know hon. Metformin is safe in pregnancy. In many ways I think that's why I lost our twins, simply b/c I wasn't on it). Big hugs to you and having to wait for longer really sucks. You'll get there in the end hon :cuddle

Ailly-- i'm so sorry you had such an insensitive nurse X( As if we don't go through enough in this process!!

Destiny, Tracy, Julz, WeeYin and everyone I've missed--big :hugs: all round (sorry if i missed anyone--babysitting tonight!!)

blowkiss

P.S.S. Think I've cross posted!x

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!
FET #8 (August '11) :BFN:

• United Kingdom

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 10:11pm

Tracy, You will go and have Prostap around day 21 and then several days after you get a bleed to shed your lining and they bring you back to scan to check the lining is thin and there is no activity in the ovaries. You then start stimms and they scan you and do bloods to check the progress of your growing follicles (which should give you your eggs!) before they go in and collect them. Don't worry, they tell you what's what as you go along. I was worried I didn't know anything at the beginning but I was told they deliberately don't overload you with info first off. So, in short, it may seem clear as mud just now but trust me, the murk will dissipate and you will know more. Don't be scared to ask anything,x

Confused, another day down! :thumbsup:

Shelly, You will be fine tomorrow, keep the faith! xfingers

Ailly, I'm sorry your experience wasn't great today. You build up to something for so long and then reach that point and get not alot of information or reassurance. Please try to keep your PMA going and just concentrate on what is happening inside you right at this moment and let that bring you through,x

Julz, I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you, must have been truly awful. I can't imagine how that must have felt. I know it is on a much lesser scale but I had my purse stolen from my bag at work on the ward one night and in it were lots of personal things which mattered more than the material components. I felt really hurt, cheated and violated by this and I then had to stay at work and do a whole nightshift. Again, I will say this is nowhere what you have had to deal with but all I know is how bad I felt at that time so it must be terrible for you guys. :thumbdown:

babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust APLENTY TO ONE AND ALL!

Sleep tight, I'm away to watch Corrie on Sky+ then off to bed myself,xxxx [zx017]

bab21
My Diary

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 10:39pm

Ailly, LA and Julz - sorry you're having a rubbish time of it - thinking of you all. Ailly it's feet up, chill time now though!
Shelly - thanks for the PM, best of luck to you for tomorrow, you'll be fine!
Thanks for the good wishes girls, I'll let you know how it goes...have a feeling it might be Monday.
Hi to everyone and sleep tight through all that awful wind tonight.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 10:40pm

Julz--we must have cross posted. I'm so very sorry for what happened to you guys. That's just the pits! X( X( Just glad you and your LO's are ok :cuddle

Lisa--sorry I forgot you in my earlier post!! So much going on! :hugs:

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!