You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 24th 2011

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 2:10pm

Hi girls,

Shirley sorry to hear of your af possibly appearing, why do our bodies make things so difficult for us?

I'm crossing xfingers everything for you and hope you get the result you very much deserve tomorrow. Not long to wait now ... :angel2:

:hugs: x xx

Reg: Feb 24th 2011

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 2:18pm

Last post meant to say shelly, sorry. :thumbdown:

So many names to get used to!!

Please accept my apologies

:cuddle xxx

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 8:30pm

Shelly try and stay positive you never know tomorrow may bring you some good news. Take care of your self and I hope and pray all goes well tomorrow. LA I understand how you feel re DH as last time my DH was at every appoint but this time I'm doing them all alone so he can watch Adam while I'm at hospital. So no support there but I know he would be there if he could. Congrats on getting started.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Monday, February 28th 2011, 9:09am

Christine, I will have to go to appointments myself when we start up again too. I also had to go to my appointment about my gallstones on my own. It's not a nice feeling but there's nothing else for it is there? I am hoping that when we get to ET that someone can help us out and watch Annalise for us then,x

Shelly, How's you this morning?

Hope everyone else is ok.

Not alot planned for today but the weather is nice so we will probably go out a nice walk just shortly,xxxx

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Monday, February 28th 2011, 8:23pm

Shelly I hope that you're ok, just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you.

AFM I got started today on my stimms. Different this time as injecting morning and night today and tomorrow then down to once a day. Last time I did my injections in the evening but the nurse wasn't happy about that and said that I was to do them in the morning. So it now looks like I'll be getting up even on days off at 7am just to do injections and from the 6th nasal spray as well. Lisa it did feel strange today not having DH with me but as you say not much we can do about it. Hope that you had a nice time out today with Annalise. After the hospital I came home, took DH to work and Adam to nursery and then did the shopping and then came home to the house work. No rest for the wicked.
Hope that everyone is well.

Christine xx

Reg: Nov 5th 2010

Children: Hopefully one day

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 11:20am

hi girls sorry not been on not been good. well as if yesterday wasn't bad enough went to hospital for blood test they sat me with loads of lovely pregnant ladies which killed me finally got taken for blood by that point just broke down. got tho dreaded call and got a big negative which we already knew as af is heavy. so feel like a total failure really struggling to core but i know i need to find the strength to carry on. will wait and see what they say at review. i can't thank you's all enough for your support you's have been amazing x
:xxx: shelly :xxx:

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 12:41pm

Hi Shelly

I am so sorry, tried to get on here last night and earlier this morning to see how you were, but I think the site was down. What a terrible experience for you xxx I hope Af is not to bad xxxx Just wanted to let you no I am thinking of you both xxxxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

• United Kingdom

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 2:33pm

I'm so sorry, Shelly.

Just take your time and look after yourself and each other,xxxx [zx127]

bab21
My Diary

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 3:49pm

Shelly so sorry to hear your news. Just take whatever time you need and look after your self. Do what is right for you both. Sending you a big hug. xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 4:21pm

thinking of you shelly. couldnt get in to wish you luck last night so im sorry to see your bfn. have you requested a follow up?

christine good luck with stimms, hope the jabs aint too sore

LA hows your stimms going?

angelmouse good luck for your scan tomorrow- hope you get your stimms and start jabbing asap

keepsmiling lol there are so many of us! u will soon have our names rolling off your tongue! (shhhh but when i 1st started to chat here i wrote everyones names down on paper as i kept forgetting!)

lisa did you have a nice walk? no jobby event during it i hope!!

Lainey thinking of you mrs PUPO, hope you are relaxing and dh is taking care of you

stacey tbh i got over it pretty quick this time, probably as i knew it was doomed from the start with very low hcg. you have been thru so much worse in the last year.
good luck getting your metformin

hi to everyone else, you know who you are

afm
i got my new car yesterday [zx014]
have driven it once and love it! the breaks are ace-df has whiplash! pmsl

hulahooping tonight so will need all the luck in the world! im STILL useless at it!
luv to all

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 13th 2006

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 5:53pm

shake those hips girl! [zx015]

sorry to hear your news shelly [zx127]

christine good luck with your jabs [zx216]

hi to everyone! afm, af is still a no show so i'm playing the waiting game :thumbdown:

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 8:49pm

Shelly,

Really sorry to hear you've had your worst fears confirmed. It does tear you apart, but it will get easier. Sending you hugs. xx

Hi to everyone else, I've been popping in to see how you are and there's so much going on I can hardly keep up!

Feeling much better. Last week wasn't good at all but I felt I turned a corner on Sunday when DH and I went for a walk on the beach at Ayr and had some lunch. It was a really nice couple of hours and I was nice to not be obsessing about tx. I bought a book on endo and have been reading that and I'm also trying to find a homeopath so try to fix whatever is wrong so we can maybe try again. I'm not convinced that ICSI is the right thing for us but that doesn't mean we'll turn down our NHS tx! Our follow up is 16th so we'll see what they come up with. In the meantime, if I can get as positive as possible we'll just go back to trying the natural way and since DH's swimmers are much improved, you can only hope!

Love to all, think of you all often.
Confused - good luck with your scan tomorrow.
xx

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Gaga

Ace

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 11:47pm

Shelly, so sorry things didn't work out for you both this time. Just want you to know I've been thinking about you. Xxxx

Natural :BFP: 2002, Born asleep 32 wks
TTC again 5 years
1st ICSI Oct/Nov 2010 :BFP: m/c 8 wks
2nd ICSI Nov/Dec 2011 - transfer cancelled - 11 ice babies
FET May 2012 :BFP:
7/6/12 [zx076] [zx076] :cheese:
25/6/12 [zx076] [zx076] seen again! So happy!!!
08/08/12 :boy: :boy: It's two boys!!! Yaaaay!
24/12/12 2 healthy boys born!! Best Christmas ever!!!
18/07/13 SHOCK NATURAL BFP :-)

L-A

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 7:57am

Shelly, so gutted for you. I hope you are taking it easy and giving yourself lots of time to heal. Sending big hugs your way. You deserve a break xx

Pinkdaisy, good to hear your feeling a bit better. It won't happen overnight but I'm glad you feel you are on the mend. It always sounds trite as this whole process leaves you battered and bruised at the end so who knows what feeling better really is xx

Christine, glad you got started on the stimms:-)

AFM this is day 6 of stimms. I had really bad tummy upset last week, sickness and the botrot:-( which I put down to a bug and metformin but its still here so I think its def the metformin speeding up my metabolism. On the plus side I've barely ate so if this doesn't work I will at least have lost some weight.

I'm doing 150 menopur in the morn and cetrocide at night. Back in on Friday am for bloods and scan with EC at some point next week hopefully.

Feel a bit tired but its just the tummy upset that's giving me most gip.

My work have been amazing and have given me 2 weeks off from next week free:-) Told me to focus all my energy on this and not to worry about work. We're only a small company too so I can't thank them enough. Goes to show there are some good bosses out there sometimes:-)

Hope everone else is good! Waves and hugs, I'm on the bus so can't do full personals.

xxxx

E1le

Reg: Mar 2nd 2011

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 1:09pm

First time poster - hello and a couple of Qs

Hello Ladies,

This is my first post but I've been lurking for a few weeks while I built up the courage to introduce myself, and I have to say I'm in awe of you all. The way you support each other through the highs and lows of this journey is an inspiration :smile: So I hope I'm not around here for too long (not because you don't all seem lovely, oh ykwim!) but for as long as I am here I hope that I can learn from your vast experience and maybe be a support to others too.

Bit of background on me. Early 30's. Hubbie and I been trying for family since end of 2008. Was told I had endo when I was a teenager and put on pill at 14 to help manage it, so was on pill for half my life before we started trying :sadface: Referred to gyn clinic early 2010. Day 21 bloods indicate I OV naturally. HSG last summer, all clear, no sign of endo. Hubbies SA results all good. Diagnosed with unexplained fertility and put on clomid last autumn, also referred to GRI.

That brings me up to now and I'm on my 5th round of clomid, OV on 3 out of 4 so far, dose was increased when I didn't OV on 3rd round. Had horrendous side effects when does was upped and ended up signed off work (thankfully have very understanding boss). I had my first appointment at GRI last month and reviewed options. Was given provisional date for IUI Mar/Apr 2012 and IVF Nov 2012. Seems like a lifetime away but I know it'll go quickly and I feel lucky to be getting any help at all. Won't give up hope for a natural miracle before then though!

At that appointment I asked about alternatives to clomid, given the bad reaction I had to the increased dose, and was advised that GRI are doing a trial with letrozole. Has anyone on here been involved in that? They said it was too early in the trial to be able to give me any success rates, but I thought it might be good to find out from other folk on the trial how they were getting on. Anyone have any success stories to share?

E1le.x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 2:01pm

Hi E1le :bye:

I'm sorry I cant answer your question, but I just wanted to welcome you. The members here are fantastic, I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out!

I done a quick search and there are some older threads about letrozole, maybe they would answer some of your questions?

There is one Here and if you type letrozole into the search bar at the top right of the page, loads more come up.

Do you take your clomid at night? the reason I ask is when I was on it, taking it at night seemed to help with the side effects, I think because I managed to sleep through them!

Best of luck on your journey

[zx017]

L-A

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 7:29pm

Hey E1le, welcome:-) I know the feeling, I was exactly the same but the girls are great, there's always someone to answer any random questions or just listen to you while you vent and get things of your chest!

I hope you stay here is short and sweet for all the right reasons.

Sorry I can't answer your question thought, I've been an icsi patient from the start, so no chance of the old clomid or iui.

There are a few girls on here doing iui so they may know more.

xx

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 9:14pm

Hi Girls x

Shelly how are you? thinking of you x
Pinkdasiy glad your feeling a bit better x
Hi E1le sorry cant help with your question but can help with IUI questions if required but lets hope you get your BFP before you have to wait for that xx
LA glad you rwork is being so understanding x makes it so much easier x
Stacey hope you get AF soon and you can get started xxx
Shirlz hows the new car? and how did you get on last night you must be getting good now withyour hula hoop xxx
Christine hows the tx going?

A big hi to everyone else xxxxxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 5:34pm

Shelly - I am so sorry it didn't work out for you this time. Look after each other and make sure you get all the answers you need from the review. Hope you are hanging in there. Sending you big hugs. xxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 7:17pm

Hi lovely ladies. Well I am on my way to a bfp (wishful thinking!) Onto day 2 of injections. I have been doing 2 jabs of 300iu of Gonal f, now down to 375 gonal-f a day with my sleepy ovaries i just hope something is happening in there. Just wondered how long they will let me inject for before they start looking at collection or cancelation? I am back next friday for a scan should they be able to see much on the scan at that stage that will be day 10 of injections. ?(
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 8:55pm

L-A I'm glad that your work have been good and have given you time off. That certainly takes the pressure off and I hope that you take things easy.
Welcome E1le to the royal thread. I hope that your stay here is short for the right reasons. I was on clomid for two years but I didn't have any side effects. As for the other drug never been on it so sorry can't help. If you have any questions I'm sure that somebody on here will be able to help you. All the girls are very helpfull and supportive.
Angle mouse glad to see that you have started stimms as well. Your doses are the same as mine so I am now down to 375 gonal-f daily as from yesterday. I have my first scan on Tuesday and hopefully all being well I will have EC on 14th. Good luck to you and I hope all goes well.
Hi to everyone else hope that you are all well.
AFM stimms going well so far although just got to hope that something is happening in there. Work on the other hand is crap. I now have an official complaint saying that I have bullied and intimmidated another trained member of staff. As if I need the stress at this point. I now just have to wait for them to decide how to take this. It could be disciplinary so who knows. Sorry for the downer but just feeling crap and and wondering who I can trust at work. Dreading having to go back to work.

Christine xx

L-A

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 9:28pm

Aww girls, it's good to have some company on the stimms:) Glad that's you started Angel Mouse and you too Christine. Think I'm just about a week ahead of you guys.

For the most part I've been fine except the tummy upset, I've barely eaten in two weeks. It's a weird feeling actually not being hungry. It's only today that I've felt like there's movement in my ovaries?? Is that what you're meant to feel? My chest is a bit sore today to. I'm in tomorrow for bloods and my scan so hopefully it's all showing signs of progress. Bit crazy to think that EC could be Monday...you wait so long on this journey and then it hits you like a train!!

So sorry to hear what you're going through at work Christine. That sounds like a tough situation to be in when you are going through all this. I hope your HR/boss can deal with it all quickly and not leave it all hanging.

Shirlz, how is the car? I always use about a tank of petrol in the first two days just driving around when I get a new car:) Hope the hula hooping is going well?

I'll let you all know how I get on tomorrow. May need some help deciphering the jargon...

xx

Gaga

Ace

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 9:42pm

:hugs: Pinkdaisy!! Glad you are feeling a lot better! I hope your review goes as well as it can. I'm glad you haven't given up hope. Keep up the PMA smile2

:hi: and welcome El1e – Sorry I can't help with the IUI stuff, But I will keep my fingers crossed for your au naturale BFP!! :goodluck:

babydust :dust: babydust to our PUPO lady of the moment Lainey!! How's it going? xx

Christine - Glad your stimms are going well, but that's so crap you are being put under so much stress at work right now, right when you don't need it. I hope it can be resolved quickly and your ok. Good luck with the scan on Tues xx

L-A - Brill that you've started your stimms, but not so good about the side effects. I think I was on the same protocol as you. Didn't get any of those symptoms but put on loads of weight. So maybe it's not all bad lol No seriously, I hope it passes soon. That's great your work is being so understanding, makes life so much simpler. I feel really lucky mine have been too xx

:weehee: Liz! Starting this month :goodluck:

Hey Shirlz - How is the new car? xx

AngelMouse - Hope the jabs are going well. I was on a different protocol from you with different drugs so sorry I can't answer your questions. I stimmed for 10 days but at my review was told that was quicker than average (about 12 on my protocol), not sure how it varies between protocols though. Sure someone will know. Good luck xx

Shelly and Confused - Hope you are both ok xx

Stacey - xfingers AF appears soon xx

:hi: Lisa, Wee Yin, Julz, Ailly, Sonja, Pixie, Keep smiling, Cookie :xxx3:

Natural :BFP: 2002, Born asleep 32 wks
TTC again 5 years
1st ICSI Oct/Nov 2010 :BFP: m/c 8 wks
2nd ICSI Nov/Dec 2011 - transfer cancelled - 11 ice babies
FET May 2012 :BFP:
7/6/12 [zx076] [zx076] :cheese:
25/6/12 [zx076] [zx076] seen again! So happy!!!
08/08/12 :boy: :boy: It's two boys!!! Yaaaay!
24/12/12 2 healthy boys born!! Best Christmas ever!!!
18/07/13 SHOCK NATURAL BFP :-)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gaga" (Mar 3rd 2011, 9:44pm)

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 9:48pm

confused thinking of you huni x

liz, LA n stacey my hips are useless! [zx015] but i did keep the hoop going for 30seconds at one point! go me!

stacey has af found u yet?

christine im sorry your work is stressing you out. the phrase "dont let the barstewards grind you down" springs to my mind alot when others are mean to me.
are you part of a union?

angel mouse i hope the high dose isnt making you too tired or grumpy - you too christine! i struggled with tiredness when i was on that dose last cycle.

LA good luck for your scan tomorrow! i hope theres lots of nice juicy follies growing in your ovaries. and i hope yer botrot is better [zx153]

lainey how are you doing huni?

LA & stephanie- my new car is great! only driven it 3 times as df is hogging it! old car is still very poorly

hi E1le time will fly till your IUI next year. but i hope you wont need it coz the clomid will work. i was on clomid for 6months in 2008. didnt work as it coincided with very poor SA and a diagnosis of azoospermia. the side effects can be horrendus as u probably know! i tried taking the pills at various times but found it best in the morning (didnt get sweats but taking it at night for me made me an insomniac!) i always was a grumpy cow but the clomid made my emotions worse.
dont know about any letrozol trials.

pinkdaisy your ayr walk sounds lovely! hope that endo book is giving you advice on nutrition, excersize etc and helping boost your moral

hi to all the lovely ladies i havnt mentioned, hope you are all well and plodding on with a spring in your step even on your dreary days.

afm- tonight was weigh in night. in 2 weeks ive lost 3lb- a tad dissapointing as the least i had lost a week so far has been 2lb. hey ho- maybe it is all the lining growing as im mid cycle. but i gotta focus on the positives- 1.5stone off in 6 weeks :thumbsup2: halfway to my 3stone target!

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 10:00pm

No, af hasnt found me yet! sods law it is, been regular for a few months now but as soon as I need her she disappears!

Christine, as Shirlz says, nil illegitimi carborundum!

L-A and Angelmouse and Christine, hope the stimms arent too bad and you get some juicy follies quick style!

Thinking of you Shelly :cuddle

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all ok!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "StaceyC" (Mar 3rd 2011, 10:02pm)

Friday, March 4th 2011, 9:41am

Hi Girls thank you for all your kind words it means alot to me grouphug Starting to feel human again me and hubby had a nice big talk and where ready to face it all again especially after some [zx084] :teehee: that released some tension pmsl now just waiting to hear from hospital then we can get in for review and hopefully get started again does anyone know how long you need to wait :riv2:

Hope everyone is ok big hugs and kisses to everyone :xxx3:

L-A

Friday, March 4th 2011, 1:29pm

Good to see you back Shelly, glad you and DH are feeling a bit better and staying positive. It's such a hard time but its great you've got each other to lean on.

Shirlz, amazing weight loss. Keep it up girl, you're doing great.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes. Scan went really well today, good follies growing, they said there's 2x17, 1x16, 4 x 15, 2 x 11 and more +s all in. EC should be Monday, I'm just waiting on my phone call to confirm it and time for booster. Worst case scenario it will be Tues, although they seem pretty certain it will be Monday as they're at a good size.

Just need to hope DH's swimmers are up to the challenge. We're using frozen sample only so fingers crossed the next stage goes ok. TBH it's the bit we're both worried about as it's been the main prob all along. Just need to keep a PMA though and take one stage at a time.

Hope everyone else is good. It's Friday!!!!!!!

xx

Friday, March 4th 2011, 1:45pm

Shelly glad to see you are back and things are looking a bit brighter. It is so good when you and your DH can just talk things through. LA that is good news re your follies so hope you get that phone call and that all is on track for Monday. Incase I don't get on over the weekend good luck for Mon or Tues, I hope all is well whith the little swimmers.
Shirlz that is great news abouth the weight loss. Keep up the good work and all will be on track. I hope that you get to drive the car more, just hide the keys. Stacey I hope that your AF arrives soon and that it is then all steam ahead for your treatment. Angel mouse how are you doing on the stimms? Hope all going well.
AFM thanks for the supoprt girls I really don't know what I'd do without you all. I just keep bursting into tears about the work situation. My hormones are all over the place and I have a constant headache from worrying about work and my treatment. I really feel is though I must have been so bad in a previous life to have such crap now. I reall wonder at times about my life. Sorry just on another downer.
Hi to everyone I have missed hope that you all have a great weekend.

Christine xx

• United Kingdom

Friday, March 4th 2011, 5:02pm

Hi everyone! :bye: and welcome El1e!

Christine, Sorry to hear you have had crap to deal with at work on top of everything else.

I had a similar problem afew years ago - all unfounded too. There was a nutter I worked with who reported 4 of us to Sister for bullying, harrassment and victimisation. The 4 of us that were targeted were arguably the most placcid and kind, considerate people working in there so although I was really hurt and upset, I could get comfort from the fact that I knew I had never done anything wrong. It also upset me greatly since I had faced bullying to the extreme whilst at school and it was awful that someone was trying to say the same about me.

The person withdrew their complaints after a week or so and got into trouble for falsely accusing people and wasting managers time,x

Shelly, That's the spirit girl! Onwards and upwards (pardon the pun! :snigger: ),x

Stacey, Hope AF shows up soon! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Confused, I'm sorry to hear all the carry on of the past few days. I'm glad the levels are rising and you are right, they can take a bit longer to double as you go on. Hoping the beginning of the week brings better, firmer news for you,x

L-A, Good news on the follies and all the best for Monday,x

Angelmouse, Wishing you all the best too,x

Shirlz, Great weight loss. I am waiting to get my op then might either go for what you are doing or the Rosemary Conley Solo thingy. Despite my best efforts, my weight is pretty much static at the moment - a bit galling when others are eating takeaway all weekend, drinking loads of wine and losing loads,x :scream:

Gaga, Pinkdaisy, Cookie, Bushbaby, Ailly, Julz, Weeyin, Lainy, Sonja, Pixie, Keepsmiling, Tracey - Hi and hugs to all,xxxx

AFM, Well, not posted alot the past few days on account of quite a bit of grumbling pains from my gallstones. The pain has been manageable but getting me down a bit. I thought things were bad enough and then lo and behold what happened yesterday afternoon......

I sent DH for a low fat subway for lunch for a wee treat and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I put Annalise down for her afternoon nap after a lovely morning at Musical Minis.

Well, I started getting the grumbling pain and it got a bit worse....and worse .....and worse.....to the point where the sweat was pouring from me......I was on the verge of passing out and was shaking, almost sick.......

I phoned DH and couldn't even speak to him and he had to rush home. I took some Tramadol and it didn't even seem to be touching the pain. I was so scared and seriously thought my number was up and I considered getting an ambulance at one point. :scared:

I went and lay on our bed on my left side and slowly it began to abate and I just felt so relieved. I think it was the bread that set it off this time. I've noticed that link afew times although sometimes it just comes when it likes no matter what I've had to eat and even when I've been following my diet to the letter just like now.

I lay in bed for the rest of the day and night and was terrified to go to sleep in case the pain came back.

I can honestly say that although I've had afew bad attacks of pain since my symptoms first started, this had to be the worst by far and I would even argue far worse than labour pains.

Still no letter and so if I've not heard anything by Monday, I'm going to phone up and chase them along. I heard one lady who has had hardly any attacks compared to me was operated on 3 weeks after seeing her surgeon and had an original date of 7 weeks after seeing him.

It's now 2 and a half weeks after I was seen and nothing. I know it is holding us back from FET but the main thing is to get rid of this pain and fear first of all, especially after yesterday,x

bab21
My Diary

• United Kingdom

Friday, March 4th 2011, 5:02pm

Flaming Norah...... I can talk!!!!! laugh1 lmao

bab21
My Diary

United Kingdom

Friday, March 4th 2011, 5:15pm

Lisa, yes....yes you can :chortle:

Sorry to hear you are in pain, thats never nice X( thanks for the af dance! :dance:

L-A, nice follies, [zx052]

Christine I'm sorry about your work troubles :( try to keep pma up, I know it can be hard at times but we are all here for you if you need us [zx108]

Shelly, glad to hear you are feeling better! :weehee:

L-A

Friday, March 4th 2011, 6:20pm

Lisa I always do that, write a huge post and then feel bad for hogging the board:-) My DH, MIL and best mate all had severe pain from gallstones at the same time last year. MIL was referred in Sept to get hers out but is still waiting. Its horrible pain, she needed morphine and was hospitalised it was that bad. You need to avoid creamy foods, dairy and Chinese is really bad too. Hope you get seen to quickly.

Christine, you need to focus on you. I know its hard but work will always be there, its rotten this has happened but hat you are going through is more important. My DH had some probs like this in his work with one of his staff members and he kept a diary, just of dates and times where there had been an issue and an explaination of what went on. It meant he had proof when the union came knocking. Maybe this would help you?? You don't deserve to have this sort of thing hanging over your head. Focus on that lovely wee boy of yours and remember why all this is worth it in the long run.

AFM in at 8.30am on Monday for EC, 2nd on the list so not too much hanging around hopefully. Booster at 8.15pm tomorrow. Eek! My stomach is quite swollen today so got my jammies on already and about to order pizza, I've had about 500 calories in the last 2 weeks in total so hopefully my stomach will handle it!

xxx

Saturday, March 5th 2011, 6:58pm

Hello Keep Smiling and Elle and welcome to you both. Hope you are finding the site useful and are getting all your questions answered.

Hi to everyone else, sorry I've not been on - I've been a bit rubbish at keeping up with everything as I've been trying to sort my next step on this flipping difficult journey.

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about the pain you're going through - can't see the previous post and can't remember if I already said to you, so apologies if I did - but I was reading about coconut oil last weekend and it seems to be a miracle cure for everything and especially kidney stones as it apparently dissolves them, certainly worth a try. I got some in Holland and Barratt last weekend - you can eat it, cook with it or lather it onto your skin...smells like the beach too! Hope you're feeling a bit better today? xx

Christine - oh what a time you're having at work, that's awful! You poor thing. Going through tx is bad enough without having to deal with all that too. Hope it gets sorted soon and you can chill a little. Good luck with your scan, hope everything is going as it should.

LA - your follies sound fab! Good luck with the booster tonight and enjoy the drug free day tomorrow. 2nd on the list is good, I always seem to be 3rd. Hope you get lots of fab eggies!

Stacey - still no AF??!! Come on the AF!

Shelly - you sound a bit chirpier. That's good. It is awful but it does ease with time and you get things back into perspective.

Shirlz - it was a nice day for a drive...did you go anywhere in your flash new wheels?

Hi to everyone else - there are so many of us now that I hate putting names incase I miss anyone.

AFM - Been loads better this week and it's been really busy at work and home. The lighter nights and the sun have helped too I think! Haven't done as much reading as I would have liked but I have booked an appt with Jan de Vries to see if he can sort me out....we also have our review the following week.
Had a horrible thought this week that the drugs I was on as a baby to control seizures may have done some long term damage to my reproductive system and it was weird because my mum also suggested this two days after I had thought it. So I looked up the drug online and to my horror discovered that it is now not advisable to give it to under 12s. I was on it for over 3 years up until the age of 4 or 5ish.
I also found that this drug is associated with causing 'a significant risk of infertility'.
It's awful and I wish I'd thought about researching this before we had started tx. I'll need to raise it at the review and see what she thinks. When I told my mum, she said 'but you are fertile' and I suppose I am as I ovulate every month and produce eggs but does not being able to get pregnant then make me infertile?? Is my body toxic and full of drugs or has the drug played havoc with my hormones? I really need to try to find out more but it's not easy to find out the long term damage that a drug might have caused - especially as I was given it 35 years ago.
The weird thing is that I went an iridologist years ago at a market in Australia for a bit of fun (they look at your eyes and give you a sort of medical) and the guy asked if I was a drug user! He said I had a lot of chemicals in my body and needed to do a serious liver detox. Now I'm wondering if there was more truth to what he said?? Hope Mr de Vries can give me some answers.

Going to do some more searching to see if I can find anything.

Hope everyone's well, enjoy your Saturday night.
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pinkdaisy" (Mar 5th 2011, 7:00pm)

Reg: Aug 15th 2008

Children: Lovely DD 22yrs

Saturday, March 5th 2011, 9:40pm

:hi: Girls,

Pinkdaisy-Glad to hear your feeling a litte better.

Shelly-Nice to see you are feeling more like yourself again.

Shirlz-Happy new wheels! [zx071] and well done on the [zx163] 3lbs is super duper!

Elle&keepsmiling-Welcome girls blowkiss

Christine-I'm so sorry you are having to go through this especially when your going through treatment, as if things aren't bad enough. I hope this carryon all goes away, you don't need the worry and you certainly don't deserve it :hugs: .

Stacey-C'mon the wicked Aunt Flo it's Stacey's turn to have you! Wee Tip, why don't you wear your best undies (works for me). Why is it she won't visit when she's invited but she thinks nothing of gate crashing a party

L.A. - Good luck for EC on Monday :goodluck:

Angelmouse-Hope the stimms are going well.

Liz-Good luck on starting your treatment this month.

Lisa-Hope your feeling better and your appointment is in the post. One woman I met through work just phoned up and made herself available for a cancellation and she waited six weeks from post op appt, she says she hasn't looked back since op. During one episode she says she prepared herself to meet her maker as the pain was so bad.

Stephanie,Sonja, Ailly, Mummy to weeyins, Julz, Cookie monster, pixie & tracey hugs girls and I hope I haven't missed anyone.

AFM-2WW is now driving me bonkers. I have no symptoms whatsoever. No cramps,no tears, no ill effects from the pessaries 0, zero, zilch, didely squat, Nothing! So I feel like my hopes are fading as the last time I had an array of symptoms including spotting. I have a drawer full of pee sticks and I don't even have the urge to test myself. A very dear friend passed away on Thursday, she would have made someone a great mammy but she always felt too embarrased to see the Dr. She was so positive about this cycle and I am so gutted to lose her, she was such a wonderful inspiration, a trully amazing lady and her funeral is the same time as my outcome bloods. so I'm going to phone up to see if I can change appt day. Does anyone think they will let me come the day before or will they say Thursday?

Love Lainyxxx
Me 40 DH 35
Ist Two embies 26/05/10 OD 08/06/10 :BFN: Left Tube Clipped due to Hydrosalpinx 09/09/10
2nd IVF Two embies 15/11/10 OTD 29/11/10 :BFP: All over 24hrs later bigcloud 3rd IVF Two embies 24/02/11 OTD 09/03/11 :BFN: 04/07/11 Surprise Natural :BFP: MC 5weeks 5days :tear: Broken.

• United Kingdom

Sunday, March 6th 2011, 3:26pm

Lainy, I'm sorry to hear you lost your good friend. [zx127]

Remember that we can get alot of symptoms from the drugs and pessaries we have had during a cycle.

This is the point where you do start to doubt and you just have to hope with all your heart that there is something wonderful happening in there. Afterall, I didn't have any symptoms of ms until I was about 14 weeks!

As for going to test early, I have a feeling they won't change it as any earlier, the results could be inconclusive maybe. Worth a try though. I know it is really tempting to test early and I know I dearly wanted to but DH said no and I fully appreciated his reasons for saying so and so although I was awake all night the night before testing, watching Grand Designs and shopping channels, going mad (more mad than I naturally am :snigger: :P ), I am so glad I resisted.

Keeping everything crossed for you and sending you lots of hope,xxxx

Hope all you other ladies are good today. I forgot to say hello to Pixie the other day, how could I do that! xxxx [zx127]

bab21
My Diary

Sunday, March 6th 2011, 8:58pm

Lainey, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad. xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Monday, March 7th 2011, 1:37pm

Lainy sorry to hear about your friend, my thoughts are with you. I would be devestated if it was my friend as she knows me better that my DH does. I hope that the clinic changed your appoint for you. Good luck. I didn't have any symptoms with Adam and not every one does. So here's hoping that you have a positive result and just sail through the pregnancy.
Hi to everyone else hope that you all had a good weekend.
We went out on Sat night and had a meal. We bumped into a friend and her husband so ended up sitting with them and having a great evening. Trying not to think about work to much and trying to put all my energy into treatment. Well scan tomorrow at 10am and hopefully there will be some follies growing. I certainly keep getting twinges down there so hoping that something is happening. Now off to do the house work.

Christine xx

United Kingdom

Monday, March 7th 2011, 5:13pm

lainey sorry to hear about your friend
i hope you managed to reshedule your bloods (earlier/later or a different day)
got everything crossed for you- even my eyes which is a hard feat for me!

LA how was EC?? hope you got some nice mature eggies

christine n angelmouse hop you are stimming away nicely!
hope work is getting better christine, good luck for your scan tomorrow
angel mouse when is your scan?

pinkdaisy not long now till your appointment. i hope they can advise you about the drugs you were on as a wean

stacey any sign of AF? :dance:

lisa i cant believe you put up with the pain! i hope you get a surgery date asap as you shouldnt have to live like that!

Wee Yin, Julz, Ailly, Shelly, Sonja, Pixie, Keep smiling, Cookie, Button, Josieb
hope you are all well!

i had a busy weekend with our friends and their clan. i ended up with the 6yr old making a cake (that i never even had a crumb of) while everyone else went out shopping! grrrr
my drinking session was short lived as everyone went to bed by just after 11pm!! WTF!!!! 11pm on a friggin satirday night! im still in shock!

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Monday, March 7th 2011, 6:53pm

LA - hope you got on well today honey come on and give us all some good news.

I have a question ladies apart from extreme and I mean extreme tiredness should i be feeling much in my ovaries? I dont feel anything apart from a major apetite increase!! :snigger: i just dont feel like anything is happening i am on day 6 of injections :sadface:
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

L-A

Monday, March 7th 2011, 7:11pm

Hi girls, just a wee quickie to update as I'm knackered, didn't get much sleep last night!

They got 11 eggs today, to phone at 10am tomorrow to find out how many have fertilised. I did nothing but talk all through the EC, had to apologise to the poor anesthetist afterwards. Weird but the sedation didn't knock me out although I couldn't feel what was happening. I was telling him all about my new carpets, work and all sorts he he. My MIL said she thinks it would take a horse tranquilizer to stop me talking:-)

Hope everyone else is good, thanks for all your lovely messages and best wishes.

Ill let you know how we get on tomorrow.

xxx

• United Kingdom

Monday, March 7th 2011, 7:21pm

Great news, L-A - 11 eggs, that's really lovely news!

Hoping it is good news tomorrow when you call up,xxxx

Angelmouse, I think everyone is different. Even both attempts we had were different in what I felt. I also think it is natural to worry at this stage - you are so near to the scan/blood test date and you want everything to be right.

Keep your spirits up and your positivity and remember we are all behind you,xxxx

bab21
My Diary

Monday, March 7th 2011, 8:43pm

LA I'm glad that all went well. 11 Eggs is great and I hope that you get some great news tomorrow.
Angel-mouse Last time I felt nothing but this time I'm getting niggles. It's hard I know but you just have to wait for the scan and hope that they see some follicles. I'm really nervous about tomorrow and am hoping that they see those follicles. When is your scan?
Lisa have you got a date yet for your surgery? Did you phone up to see where you are on the list? I hope that you don't have too much longer to wait and that you don't have much pain between now and then.
Shirlz glad you had a good weekend although that was a really early night for you. You must be so pleased with yourself that you had the will power not to eat any cake.
Hi to everyone else.

Christine xx

Monday, March 7th 2011, 8:55pm

Hi Girls,

L.A.- Well done hunni, 11 eggs is fab! Hope they are having a party in the lurve lab as we speak, Lol As for being chatty at EC I told everyone that if it wasn't for Primark I couldn't come out of the house, but the worrying thing is I can't remember what else I said and I was in there for 30mins :O .

Angelmouse- You usually find when you can't feel anything happening that's when it's all going on. My first go I felt as If I could be the Easter Bunny :easter5: and I only had two and they still took me to EC. I could feel anything the last time and I had quite a few going on. Shirlz was saying the same thing in a post a couple of weeks ago. :snigger:

Christine and Lisa-Your posts made me feel much better. Have you called Xhouse yet Lisa? Hope stims are going well Christine. blowkiss

Thanks Shirlz, my sis just text me same message so that must be luck :snigger: As for Saturday night that's like getting ready for hours and the bar closes when you finally get to the pub.

:hi: to everyone else.

Thanks for you kind messages re my friend. I managed to get my appointment earlier on Wednesday so I can come back on time for the funeral. I still can't believe she has gone and I can hear her words replaying in my mind saying 'never give up'.

On a brighter note, I had a few tears earlier on and my DH told me, 'If you can't wait 'hen' use the electric test'. (DIgital) pmsl English isn't his first language and his use of local endearments and his wee mistakes just make me love him all the more.

Love Lainyxxx
Me 40 DH 35
Ist Two embies 26/05/10 OD 08/06/10 :BFN: Left Tube Clipped due to Hydrosalpinx 09/09/10
2nd IVF Two embies 15/11/10 OTD 29/11/10 :BFP: All over 24hrs later bigcloud 3rd IVF Two embies 24/02/11 OTD 09/03/11 :BFN: 04/07/11 Surprise Natural :BFP: MC 5weeks 5days :tear: Broken.

Monday, March 7th 2011, 9:23pm

Great news LA, well done and good luck for tomorrow - it's a nail biting call!

Lainey - glad you got the times changed. Will you give in and do the electric test??!! :thumbsup:

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Monday, March 7th 2011, 11:04pm

No way! I'm too scared! I would have to wear rubber gloves and rubber soles.

Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35

United Kingdom

Monday, March 7th 2011, 11:43pm

L-A well done on your 11 eggies!

Lainy,glad to hear you managed to sort out your appointment [zx127]

Shirlz, still no AF! I even went swimming to tempt her to embarrass me :snigger: Might see you tomorrow, Mum and Sis are desperate to try out [zx015] after I was telling them about it!

Pinkdaisy, Christine, Lisa, Angelmouse an anyone else I've missed, hope you are all well :thumbup:

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 9:59am

Hi ladies How is everyone hope you's are doing well thumbup

AFM well got home from work yesterday to find a letter from Hospital tell me to book treatment again as soon as af arrives i didnt realise it was this easy i thought you had to wait to see doctor for a review so tried to phone yesterday from 3pm to 5pm like a mad women [zx065] but couldnt get through so had to wait till this morning as i got af on the 28th there is no appointments for me till the 5th of may (provisionally booked) :weehee: but this might not be the case as my af is so irratic they come and go as they please so might need to get hormone profile done as i had to get this done on the first treatment but at least ive got a booking so here to second time lucky babydust

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 1:37pm

Lainy glad to hear that you got your appoint sorted for tomorrow. Your friend is right never give up, miracles do happen and I'm proof of that.
Shelly glad that things are going so quick for you. I'm glad that you have a provisional date. Good luck for your next round.
Stacey I hope that your AF shows up soon and stops keeping you (and us) waiting.

AFM went for scan this am and there are some juicy follicles on the left but only a couple on the right. In normal ICSI this wouldn't be a problem but because of the PGD this is now causing problems. I'm waiting on a phone call to let me know whether to carry on as is or to reduce the dose of Gonal-f. Other option is that I might have EC on Friday but depends if they have somebody in Labs on Mon for the biopsy and the work they need to do. So at present I'm in limbo land as don't know what is happening. I have everything sorted for Mon for somebody to watch Adam and to phone in sick to work for Tues now not sure what will happen. Once I know you will all know.

Christine xx

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 3:29pm

Hi now I have recieved the phone call. My EC has been brought forward to Friday at 8am first on list. I have to take my booster at 7.30pm tomorrow and then drug free day on Thurs. I have had to rearrange all the arrangements for getting Adam watched. My mum will now have to stay over on Thursday night so she is here on Friday to watch the lo. Biopsy will be on Mon and hopefully if any to go back that will be on Tuesday. I'm so nervous now it is real again.

Christine xx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 3:46pm

LA 11 eggs is amazing! i hope your phonecall today was good news and ET is asap

Lainey wishing you all the best for tomorrow. that your test brings positive news and the rest of your day passes as best it can and you can pay your respects to your wonderful friend.

angel mouse good luck for your scan, tomorrow is it? i have had cycles where ive felt lots of niggles and had a pathetic amount of follies on the scan, but i have also had no feelings and had lots of follies growing! u can never tell! last time (on the massive doses you are on) i didnt feel much and on the 1st scan they deemed me ready for EC after only 8 days of stimms!

christine i hope your follies do their last minute growing over the next few days and they are all ready for friday morning. thats good that they have been able to get the biopsy organised for next week. i know how worried you will have been about that.
hope you can now focus on friday and forget your work troubles- work to rule huni

shelly i think if you want a follow up you need to request this.

stacey get yer bestest knicks on and im sure the witch will find you! some more :dance: :dance:

powerhooping tonight! [zx015] i will be the worst in class again!! but it is good fun!

luv n hugs to all

x

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests