You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Sunday, April 10th 2011, 2:02pm

Good luck for Tuesday, Liz! I posted in your diary too,xxxx

Happy holidays, ICSI-PIXIE,xxxx

Julz, Hope you have a great weekend,xxxx

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Reg: Mar 24th 2011

Sunday, April 10th 2011, 9:02pm

Hi ladies, hope you are all well and have enjoyed the gr8 weather we have been getting! A quick update from me ....... just back from a girlie weekend to London to the great news that my dh has his appointment for the sperm retrieval (next Wednesday) hooray!!!! So I can now phone and get my nurse consultation appointment so xfingers I will be started my treatment in may.....I so can't wait to get started!!!! Will keep you posted. Sending [zx181] and :xxx3: to you all. Ax
:flowers:
1 # icsi June 2011 :BFN:
2 # icsi Sept 2011 xfingers

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Sunday, April 10th 2011, 9:36pm

Hello girls,

Long time since I posted but thought it was about time I showed face again.
Firstly, so sorry to LA and Angelmouse. It really is devastating to get a BFN, especially when you really believe it will work. LA as the other girls said, it's perfectly normal to be so upset, it's grieving for what might have been. I also thought it would work first time and still cannot understand why it hasn't. The Drs and nursing staff can't understand it either. ?o( I hope you are both taking time for yourselves, it's hard but it does get easier as you think about the next steps.
Christine, I've been thinking about you too. :hugs:

Liz - good luck on Tues, I'll pop over to your diary and have a look, haven't seen it for ages as I've not been signing in much.

Hello to all the newbies and to everyone that I'm in more regular contact with - you know who you are! Can I just say a very big :thanx: to those of you who regularly PM or text me - you really are fab friends and I would have gone crazy without you all. Other people just don't understand like you do and you are always there with encouraging words to jolly me along. starsmile

Well, a wee update from me....another baby born to our family in the last fortnight so now I'm the only one without! Got a lovely cuddle yesterday though - she's perfect and absolutely gorgeous. Had a couple of drinks at the do and then started feeling a bit emotional with it all so stopped drinking, clenched jaw and kept smiling.
The herbal meds I've been taking are definitely helping me. Ov'd earlier this month, and last month PMS and AF weren't nearly as bad as they usually are so that's a bonus....now if it can just lengthen my luteal phase and achieve a BFP that would be quite something! xfingers
Heading away tomorrow for a couple of days which we're looking forward to, this will be the first time we've been away in ages where we're not about to start tx, in the middle of stimms or on the 2ww so it will be a real break where I can swim, use the sauna and have a drink without thinking or worrying! A real break! :wine: Cheers!
Think we'll be going for #4 in June/July if we don't manage a wee miracle before then.....and meanwhile the big 4-0h is looming closer by the day - I really have to try to get over it...it's just a number, right??
Anyone else having tx around that time too?
Anyway, you may have noticed that I have smileys again (not that I use them much!). I think when the site was updated I got access to them again which is nice. :weehee:
Ok, time for bath, book, bed. Just finished a really good book and started another today in the garden - isn't it gorgeous?? :cheeers:

Love to all, catch up when I get back.
:xxx3:

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Sunday, April 10th 2011, 10:17pm

seems to be an air of positivity these days!
i hope it means peace and good luck for everyone

thinking of you all and hope you have been enjoying the weather.

good luck for the upcoming scans, stimms and EC's

:hugs:

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

MrsMcC

Reg: Jul 27th 2010

Monday, April 11th 2011, 11:33am

Hiya ladies

No news from us just now, but just wanted to wish all the girls in starting treatment/egg collection/transfer all the best and hope there is lots of good news announcements too.

Hugs

Suzie xxx

Tracy m

Reg: Jul 19th 2010

Children: i have one daughter called darcy she is 16 and wonderful

Monday, April 11th 2011, 3:53pm

hi ladies just popping in to say i dont think ive got good news for tuesday

i started bleeding on sunday and not stopped :-( but i wont let it get me down

i have to b positive and say i will try again next year and i want to say a big

fingers crossed for u liz i hope its good news for u.xx :goodluck:

thanks girls for all the support i will pop in to c how everyone is getting on.xx

Monday, April 11th 2011, 5:44pm

Sorry to hear that Tracy, it's great to hear your still positive, just keep believing it WILL happen! Ax

Reg: Feb 24th 2011

Monday, April 11th 2011, 6:12pm

Hey ladies just wanted to say thanks so much for advice about private treatment and clinics.
Tracy - sorry to read about your bleeding but you never know, keep everything crossed until tomorrow you just never know ... xxx
Liz - good luck for EC tomorrow!! xxx
Pinkdaisy - it's so hard when newborns join the family, I have been in the same position myself recently. Your time will come very soon I hope and the herbal medicines sound very promising. For now, enjoy your few days away and get pampered!
Lissy - good luck on starting treatment soon, it will be here before you know it! xx

Hello to all other luvly ladies i'v not mentioned today, hope u all are well xxx
AFM - still crossing everything for tomorrow ...

xxxxxxxxx

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Monday, April 11th 2011, 10:31pm

Helllloooooooooo!!!! :hi:

Girls sorry I havent been on in ages, but I just never seem to find the time these days.

Pinkdaisy, LA, Angelmouse, Christine - :cuddle to u all, I feel bad for not bein here and supporting you all.

Shirlz - check you out girl, heres some virtual choccies for you :chocs:

Ive got a lot of reading to do here, so Im off to do some real catching up. Sorry about the lack of personals.

Hoping that this good weather brings some sunshine to you all

bigkiss

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Monday, April 11th 2011, 10:55pm

Hi Girls xx

Thanks you for the good luck messages xxx
Keepsmiling good luck for tomorrow lets hope we both get good news xxx

Tracey Im really sorry xxxx
Pinkdaisy hope you have a lovely few days away xxxx
Weeyin love your new profile pic xxx

A big hi to everyone else xxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

United Kingdom

Monday, April 11th 2011, 10:58pm

oh tracey im sorry you have had bleeding. i will keep my fingers crossed for you
thinking of you huni. you have a great attitude and i hope you get your dream come true sooner than you think
:hugs:
x

liz :goodluck: for EC

weeyin thanks ive so far said NO! to all bad foods. hope the girls are making you smile

thinking of you all dear ladies x

stacey if u r reading this- powerhooping has gone up to £4 a session! im joining the pool n gym tomorrow so i can get it free :eyebrows: i wont be at it tomorrow night coz im working

E1le

Reg: Mar 2nd 2011

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 10:59am

Hello ladies,

Thanks for making me feel so welcome when I joined a few weeks ago. I'm not much of a poster, but I've been following the thread since I joined and am sad to hear that there have been disappointments for some of you in recent weeks. But I'm also amazed at your resilience in the face of these outcomes, and will keep my xfingers for you all.

I wonder if I might pick some members brains about the journey you had before tx? I had my last review at my local hospital yesterday and it didn't go well. I'm in the 'unexplained infertility' bracket and on the waiting list for IUI. I've had 6 rounds of clomid, and ovulated on all but one medicated cycle (only had bloods, no scans). The only diagnostic tests I've had to determine the cause of my infertility is one day 21 blood test (before the clomid, which showed I did ovulate on my own on that particular cycle) and an HSG last May which showed my tubes were clear. I have a history of endometriosis-type symptoms, but have never had a lap to prove one way or another if I do have endo. DH's SA was good, no problems there.

The consulatant yesterday asked me why I had come in, given that he's already put me on the IUI list. I had to remind him that his department had set up the appointment to coincide with the end of my clomid treatment and I had understood that it was to discuss further investigations or treatment whilst I bide my time on the list (Greater Glasgow & Clyde, so it's a loooooong wait). He effectively told me that I had wasted his time in attending the appoitment, and that there was nothing else he would do, I would just have to be patient but that he was sure I would fall before the IUI anyway, that I was still young, and that I should just stop thinking about it X(

I have no faith in this particular consultant as I've seen him a few times and each time I've come out with more questions than I went in with, his manner is appalling, and I've had to call him on innacurate info he has given me. I've come away with the distinct impression that he has just put me on the IUI list so I'm no longer his problem. I don't feel that sufficent investigations have been conducted into determining the cause of my infertility. However, I don't want to go and ask for a second opinion (if this is even possible?) just because I don't like this guy; I don't want to cause ripples just because my negative experience with him to date has coloured my judgement. But if there are further investigations that I should be having, then I'd like to educate myself so that I can go back and request this, if this is reasonable.

So, after that long winded preamble, can anyone advise if they've been in a similar position with regards to limited investigations, or have you all had the works before commencing tx (and what were 'the works')? Is there anywhere I can find out about NHS best practice guidance for infertility investigations? Would it be reasonable of me to request a lap through my local hospital (can I even do this?), or could I request one through GRI? Is there any other sort of useful tests I could have while I wait for IUI?

I know the time up to tx will pass quicker than I imagine, but I can't shake the feeling that there is some really simple explanation for my infertility and once that's dealt with I'll not need assisted conception at all.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if it's a bit ranty - you can probably tell I'm still a little frustrated after yesterday's appointment!

E1le.x

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 7:37pm

E1LE hey huni didnt wana read and run,if i was you i would ask for a laparoscopy,or a ultrasound scan,when i was 17 i got rushed into hosp thought was my apendix were gona send me home as said wasnt it was a urine infection i pushed and pushed and moaned and they managed to listen sent me for a scan and lap which sjould i had latge cysts and tubes blocked,so i woud say defo push for a 2nd opinion if i hadnt i wouldnt have found out i was infertile too god knows when hun,but dont give up huni i know u feel like u getting pushed pillar 2 post xxxxxxxxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 10:02pm

hi elle
when it was found that DF's SA was poor and ICSI was our decision we got no further treatment till we were at the top of our nhs waiting list for ivf/icsi.
however we were able to prove a toxic drug had affected DF's wee swimmers and i was able to push my fertility clinic consultant for me to have a lap. he refused to do it when DF's swimmers were crap as it is an invasive operation and with male factor being the diagnosis htey did not want to put me thru the surgery just to check my tubes were fine as at that point we had a very low chance of concieving naturally.
i felt strongly i wanted to be checked out, however the lap found nothing unusual.
you could try to push for a lap but you may not get one as your hcg has shown your tubes to be open. if you are concerned about endo you should get it checked out (im sorry but i cant advise you on endo)

some consultants can be insensitive- but there are some gr8 ones out there. my fertility clinic consultant was one i could have happily throttled and shouted for him to listen to me!

btw you CAN ask for a second opinion- but i dont know how you would go about that- perhaps speak to your nurse or GP.

tracey m thinking of you today x

liz xfingers your ec went well and eggs are healthy and tomorrow brings you some good news

xXx

MrsMcC

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 11:02pm

Just a quick one from me before I fall into bed.
I went for my first reflexology appointment today just to see if it helps things along a bit (anything is worth a try huh?) The girl said she couldn't detect any problems, but she spent a fair bit of time working on the appropriate area anyway. I'm due to OV yesterday/today so here's hoping it helps things even a bit.

Even if it doesn't help us get a BFP, it was very relaxing which can only be a good thing anyway. Planning on having regular treatments and I'm working on persuding DH to go for some treatments too as the FC consultant told him at our last visit that he needs to destress himself.

I'll nip back on tomorrow to catch up with how everyone is getting on.

Hugs to all
Suzie xxx

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 2:40pm

Hi everyone xx

Just a quick post to let you know that I got 5 egg yesterday and 2 have fertilised normally so in for ET tomorrow with sedation xxxx cant wait xxxxxx
Hope everyone is well xxx

babydust

• United Kingdom

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 3:09pm

Liz, that's wonderful news, I'm so pleased for you,xxxxx

MrsMcC, Glad you enjoyed the reflexology, really relaxing,xxxx

Weeyin, Good to see you back,xxxx

E1le, Sorry to had a rough deal at your appointment. I can't offer you much advice on what you ask but as Shirlz says, some people unfortunately have an unfortunate manner. Hope you are ok,xxxx

Hope all you other ladies are well today, thinking of you all,xxxx

bab21
My Diary

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 3:52pm

Great news Liz, good luck for ET, sending you lots of
:sticky: and babydust
Ax

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 6:31pm

Well so much for staying positive and hoping for that wee miracle - AF arrived today, 5 days early??? I was so full of hope that these meds were going to be a miracle cure and get things on track for a natural BFP. Just feel so stupid again....why do we build ourselves up every month, full of hope, just to be let down time after time. It's been going on for too many years now and I'm fed up living my life in 2 week increments!
:scream: :hairout :thumbdown:

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 11:01pm

me too pinkdaisy- cd26 and af is starting to show up :bawl: my cycles have gone from 34+ to 31 and now 26/27 days? aaarrrggghhh!
why do u think af showed up early? could the meds be helping regulate your cycle? or was it really short? (u can pm me if u dont wanna say out here)

liz good luck for tomorrow!

lisa like your new signature- 3.5lbs lost! well done you!!

suzie glad the reflexology went well

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 8:36am

Thanks Shirlz - PMd you. xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Sep 25th 2010

Children: NONE

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 5:57pm

hiya ladies
hope everyone is well and good news from everyone!
anyway,so sorry about not being on,my internet has finally started BUT then my laptop crashed :(
yes,so i have internt but no laptop anymore so i am goin to hav to buy another one and at the moment its not lookin to be soon as i dont hav the cash. so,im in hte library again.

i hope everyone has been keeping well and not stressing.

ICSI-Pixie :how are you?hope all is well. i still have your pessaries and will be hopin to use them this month. i used them last month and i got a BFP :) but it didnt last long as i M/C again.i was so disappointed. i jsut dont get why this is happening. even with the pessaries last month i still m/c ??? i took them all the way and thn one day i had such bad pain in my lower back and i jsut knew it was over.
im not sure how to take them this month as i ovulated 2 days before AF finised. i did a ovulation test and i was ovulating still 2 days after. so...does that mean i should take the prog pessaries now?or should i take them after i get a BFP?

my Gp is not giving me any pessaries becasue the GRI wrote to him and saiad that they dont give their patients pessaires as there is no proof that they actaully work. so im back to square one.
\take care everone
and talk soon
xx
:angel2:
Praying for a Miracle

United Kingdom

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 11:08pm

cookie- pm'd u
x

Monday, April 18th 2011, 9:23am

Hi, hope everyone is doing ok...?

Liz, how you doing bn thinking about you.

A quick update from me, my dh is in for sperm retrieval tomorrow woohoo! It's starting to feel real now. We then have our nurse consultation on Thursday so hopefully things will move on quite quickly now.

A quick question tho' my period started yesterday....do you think they might start me on dr on Thursday? I am going on the long protocol!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ax

• United Kingdom

Monday, April 18th 2011, 2:40pm

Lissy I don't think they will start you on DR Thursday. That might be your first "new start" appointment and they usually see you back about 3 weeks later and then you can phone on day 1 of AF. They usually give you your Prostap around day 21-22 anyway so if best case they did say yes to this month, you would need to go back in a couple of weeks I would have thought. Still, with your DH's op being this week, you ae heading in the right direction and are so close now to getting started,x :D

bab21
My Diary

Monday, April 18th 2011, 5:07pm

:thanx: Lisa, Its great to be able to talk even though it is on line, I'm beginning to really rely on FZ I'm so glad you are all so helpful and welcoming. Ax :xxx:

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Monday, April 18th 2011, 6:35pm

Cookie, just a note re the pessaries. I had a problem with this too. I wanted them to give them to me til 12 wks cause I really thought part of our problem was a sticking issue. They agreed to until my 8 wk scan if I had been successful. On the two BFP cycles I carried on taking them after my BFP. Sadly lost one but the other babies stuck and after the 8 wk scan I convinced my gp to prescribe me a bit more to last me til about 10 wks. They all said there was no proof that it helped but it certainly made me feel a bit better. I would take them from a day or two after ov and keep taking them as long as you can. Sorry to hear about another mc, sending you lots of love and sticky dust!

Waves to everyone! Hope all are well!

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Gaga

Ace

Monday, April 18th 2011, 10:30pm

Hi everyone

I am so sorry I have neglected you all recently. I just haven't been in the right frame of mind to post anything but I have been logging in sometimes to see what you're all up to. I thought I was coping really well but I think the events of last christmas hit me like a ton of bricks recently and I've not been coping well at all. I've been very teary and over emotional but I'm starting to feel a bit better now. Sorry for the depressing post ladies. My DF also said he didn't want to have any more treatment if this is how heartbroken I'll be all over again (I totally understand how this rollercoaster can lead to couples breaking up now!!). We've now decided not to have our next NHS go until the start of next year, and in the mean time just get fit and healthy and hopefully try and sell our flat and buy a wee house.

I'm so gutted for everyone who things didn't work out for this time round - LA, Angelmouse, Christine. Thinking of you all.

And best of luck to everyone going through treatment or about to start.

Congrats on being PUPO Liz!! I'll have everything crossed for you this time. I'm so happy that you got 2 fertilised eggs this time. Did you get them both put back?

My appointment for my blood results is on 6th May with Dr Lyall. So I'll let you all know how I get on, but probably won't be on here much until then. Just hope you all know that I'm always thinking about you all and I don't know what I'd do without all the support I've received from you all. Anyways in the mean time, feel free to add me on Facebook.

Love and hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Natural :BFP: 2002, Born asleep 32 wks
TTC again 5 years
1st ICSI Oct/Nov 2010 :BFP: m/c 8 wks
2nd ICSI Nov/Dec 2011 - transfer cancelled - 11 ice babies
FET May 2012 :BFP:
7/6/12 [zx076] [zx076] :cheese:
25/6/12 [zx076] [zx076] seen again! So happy!!!
08/08/12 :boy: :boy: It's two boys!!! Yaaaay!
24/12/12 2 healthy boys born!! Best Christmas ever!!!
18/07/13 SHOCK NATURAL BFP :-)

Monday, April 18th 2011, 10:39pm

Hi stephanie, I hope you get on ok with your blood results, I am under dr lyall at the Nuffield and she seems really nice, we are about to have our 1st icsi so xfingers
Ax

Gaga

Ace

Monday, April 18th 2011, 10:53pm

Hi Lissy!
Thanks for your lovely message. I had bloods for genetics and immunology taken to see if there is any reason for my losses. I don't expect them to show anything up but I think it might put my mind at rest a bit. And if they do, then at least I will know.
I think I may have met Dr Lyall once before a few years ago when I first went on the ICSI list but I'm not quite sure. Everyone seems to think she is lovely though so that's good, it always makes things much easier when the Dr is nice.
When are you starting? How are you finding the Nuffield? Is that one of the private Glasgow hospitals? Will keep everything crossed for you being 1st time lucky!!! Good luck!!!
xxxx

TTC again 5 years

United Kingdom

Monday, April 18th 2011, 11:07pm

lol stephanie i just pm's u and asked what the bloods were for

lissy too- i think dr lyall is lovely- when i book in private i will be requesting her as my consultant. ive already asked for dr medina to do my ET as she has got me up t duff twice now!

lissy as lisa said i dont think they will start you DR on thursday as the long protocol starts on cd21. good luck for [zx151] tomorrow, hope they get lots of straws of wee swimmers

x

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 2:31pm

Thanks girls,
woohoo....loads of little [zx151], just back from hospital with DH (he's a bit sore but it all went great) to phone back tomorrow to get exact number, but the embryologist was pleased. high5

Stephanie, yip Nuffield is private as we have to self fund....the age is against us unfortunately!! I can't praise them enough so far, every one has been so helpful.

Love and best wishes to all.
Ax

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 3:37pm

Great news, Lissy. Hope all goes well when you receive your call. Keep us posted,xxxx

bab21
My Diary

Gaga

Ace

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 8:04pm

That's fab news Lissy. Good luck with the phone call tomorrow, I hope you've got an amazing number xxx

TTC again 5 years

Gaga

Ace

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 8:05pm

Well your DH really lol x

TTC again 5 years

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 9:41pm

Hi ladies xx

Lissy that's good everything went well fingers crossed you get a great number xxx
Stephanie it's lovely to see you back xx I'm sorry you have been having a hard time of it lately xxx :hugs:
Julz hope your keeping well xxx

A big hi to everyone else xxxxx

babydust

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 7:11pm

Hi girls,

Well got the call this afternoon and the test they did on the sperm was good, we have 5 amps which I believe is enough for up to 5 icsi cycles, although I hope we will only need 1!! : D

Nurse consultation tomorrow, any advise on what to expect?

Ax

• United Kingdom

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 9:10am

Good news, Lissy! We got 4 straws when DH had his and they only needed to use one each time so we have 2 left in storage. Good luck for today,xxxx

bab21
My Diary

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 11:06am

Thanks Lisa. XX

Reg: Mar 27th 2011

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 5:11pm

Hi Ladies,

Hoping for some advice! We had our consultation yesterday and they are starting us after the summer woo hoo!!! They took blood from both me and DH. The consultant mentioned starting on the 'probes' - can anyone shed light on what this is? What does it mean for us? How long does it take?

Any advice would be great x

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 10:15pm

Full steam ahead....

Hi Girls,

Hope you are all doing good?

We had our nurse consultation today and we are officially on day 5 of 21 day cycle, so DR is 5th May.
Long protocol and full steam ahead....only a bit of advise from you guys would be good.....what is your honest opinion what is easier and better the full needle or the pen? I'm crapping it at the thought of it..lol!

Any how when we came out the clinic dh surprised me with tickets to a 10 day break to Fuerteventura leaving on saturday, he thought it would take my mind off the build up! :happy:
So I will keep you posted when I get back.

Love and best wishes to you all.

Ax

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 9:33am

Lissy that's great news you have you dates whooooooooo fingers crossed for you xxxx
Have a fab time on holiday, that was really sweet of your dh xxxxxx

babydust

• United Kingdom

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 4:44pm

Good news, Lissy. It was always the pen we had and I think from a nurse's point of view too that the pen is easier and less footery to use,x

Hi Smith! :bye: Good news you are starting soon too. I'm not sure what is meant by probes so I can't really help there. Hopefully someone else will realise what you man and help you out soon,x

We have been out to Barassie Beach this afternoon which was lovely. DH took the garden table and chairs out and true to form, there are dark clouds over to the west. It ALWAYS bloody rains when we get the table and chairs out!!!! :snigger:

I've been thinking alot about FET the past few days. I think it's because we are getting nearer to when I am going to phone and try to get booked. I am getting more and more excited about it but also a bit of the usual fear is creeping in again. It's so hard to keep positive and to protect yourself at the same time,xxxx

bab21
My Diary

MrsMcC

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 7:01pm

Hiya girls, hope everyone is keeping well today.

I was wondering if you guys would mind giving me your opinions on egg-sharing. Hubby and I have been talking about it a lot and it's looking like we're going to go for it, but just wondered what other people think of it and don't want to ask our family/friends.

Thanks girls

S xxx

• United Kingdom

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 9:32pm

MrsMcC, Just sent you a PM,xxxx :D

bab21
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 23rd 2011

Monday, April 25th 2011, 11:03am

Hi ladies, have first appointment on Thursday more bloods for me and hubby and he has to have sperm analysis too, then we have consultation on 18th May! I do hope the waiting time is not 18 months though, I have now heard of 2 ladies on here who have had it brought forward so I am truly hoping the same happen for us xx

United Kingdom

Monday, April 25th 2011, 11:19am

Oh yeah, on Thursday will they purely just do the tests or will they discuss the treatment with us? Or will that happen at consultation on 18th May? Assuming they will have blood tests results to consult with us about on 18th May? Im so clueless lol xx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 8:26pm

Hi all. whats the parking like there? We will ne there around 11ish on Thursday morning

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 8:49pm

Evening all,

Lightning - parking at hosp is fine - there's a multistorey, but the traffic getting there is a nightmare. I can't remember how much it is as DH usually pays it! You can pay it by card too.
If it's a first appt I think they just have a chat with you and discuss any previous tests (scans, SA...), but sorry I really can't remember much. They'll tell you how long the list is too. It's 2 years in Glasgow at the moment, but I'm not sure where you live. Good luck on Thurs - they are all lovely at the hosp.

Lissy - great that you got a date for DR! And lucky, lucky you, getting whisked off on holiday, how nice! Don't worry about the needles. I thought I would have to go to the hosp every day to get someone to do it for me, but once you build up to it, you grit your teeth and then do it, you think - what was I fussing about?? It's sooooo easy and the needles are so tiny, you hardly feel a thing. Our nurse said it's like a knife through butter and it really is. Easy!

Smith - great you're getting started too, but sorry I don't know what probes are either.

Hello to everyone else - just a quickie tonight. Liz - thinking of you tomorrow. xx xfingers

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Nov 5th 2010

Children: Hopefully one day

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 9:08pm

Hi gals how is everyone sorry ive not been on its been mental lately. but always thinking of yous well the madness starts again on thursday up for scan at 09:30 and then hopefully the injections will start. had a bit of a meltdown on monday but dh says its understandable well that made me worse couldnt stop the tears i think now because i know whats coming makes you think the worst but pma pma god i need it starsmile

Pink daisy how are you i saw your comment about the needles thats the only part that stresses me out ha ha hope your doing ok.

Liz hope you are doing ok just so you know wh are all here for you but i hope your proved wrong and you get you bfp tomorrow :angel2:

Love to everyone :xxx3:
:xxx: shelly :xxx: