You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 27th 2011

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 7:41am

Hi Ladies,

I am just on to say goodbye for a little while. I am taking a break from all forums, until my treatment begins. I am becoming to obsessed by them and I dont think its good for my mental wellbeing at the moment - there is not a day goes by that im not on at least 3 times! Its starting to feel unhealthy - even my DH has commented on it!

So I have made the 'difficult' desision to come off and 'un-notify' myself! I will def come back when my treatment begins - i will def be needing your advice and support throughout that time!

I wish you all LUCK and in your TTC concieve journey - hopefully when I come back Oct/Nov I will be catchhing up in all your exciting news!

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP SMILING!!

Smith2010 xx

Reg: Nov 5th 2010

Children: Hopefully one day

Saturday, August 13th 2011, 11:23am

Hi JBI Glad everything went well i'm back up on the 19th too for my scan we might see each other my injections are quite sore and stingy as well oh the joys xx
:xxx: shelly :xxx:

JBI

Reg: Jul 24th 2009

Children: none

Saturday, August 13th 2011, 5:31pm

i actually wasted the first injection that I had to take by myself (felt really thick, but I was a bit nervous! ) :tipsy: :rollseyes: , but I guess they give you extra so I wasn't that fussed, just used 300 off another.I am going first thing in the morning on the 19th for bloods and scan, when are you booked in?.I think this is the big scan when they know if the stimms have worked! oooooh! a bit nervous now, wasn't before, I want it to have happened already! good luck! xfingers :happy:
First FET in Dec 2011, 2 8 cell class A embryos didnt work
2nd FET Mar 2012, blastocyst
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 5:07pm

Hi Im in at 08:35 and im on night sift which i finish at 7am thats going to be an intresting drive from Dumfries to Glasgow watch out cars ha ha evil2
I am quite nervous as well but lets hope our wee follicles are nice and juicy :angel2: well you never know might see you i will be in uniform so you wont miss me xxxxxxx

JBI

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 9:15pm

scan and bloods tomm after 9 days of stimming

Hi Shelly, I will be the size 16 asian woman ,so difficult to miss as well :)).I have had some left ovary pain and when I palpated my tummy it felt lumpy ! I guess it is all psychosomatic :). Be safe driving from Dumfries, I thought I travelled far to the clinic, but I am only 22 min away.Good luck for tommorrow! maybe see u! ;) :thumbsup: keep positive!
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

JBI

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 9:37pm

EC on Tudesday some questions!

Hi ,
We are going for EC on Tuesday 23/8/11.How is the EC on the whole?Do you take all your clothes off at the time of the procedure??I have been asked to take my dressing gown, and slippers, is there anything else that has been found to be helpful for anybody else?
Thanks
Jas
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 3:44pm

Hi JBI How did you get on at EC hope everything went well im up tomorrow xxx :angel2:

JBI

Friday, August 26th 2011, 10:14am

Hi Shelly, it was not that great for me.I had 26 eggs retrieved!! and out of them 10 fertilised.They have a protocol wherein, if the eggs retrieved are more than 21 they freeze them all at one cell stage.They cancelled ET due to fear of OHSS.I was totally gutted and actually the last two days have been spent in tears under the duvet which is very unlike me,so maybe the hormones had something to do with my absolute mood crash.Although I know that it is much better to be safe than sorry,this is another delay, another setback.So they will do my transfer after 8 weeks now.

How was it for you? Wish you all the very best for today and hope it all goes wel xfingers xfingers :thumbsup: :smile: l,take care of yourself. I will be at your stage in 8 weeks time :). xfingers
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Reg: May 31st 2011

Monday, August 29th 2011, 7:09am

hey girls
hey girls
hope use are all well :

i was also at the hospital on friday 26th for my screening and to sign consent forms for treatment.

i am waiting on nurse phoning today with my hormone results and amh levels (Ishe did this again just to check it still as good as last time which was 48) and to get my next appointment where i will be starting my treatment its soon nurse did say it ll only be a few weeks time i feel strange am happy excited but also nervous and really scared as its a big thing to go through.

:happy:

[zx127] fairydust :cuddle

JBI

Monday, August 29th 2011, 10:51pm

good luck fairy dust xx :)
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 9:47am

Hello ladies!

Sorry I haven't been on in ages. I try to keep up best I can but rarely get a minute to reply. I see that a lot of people are in the middle of tx or coming up to a new cycle in the next wee while. I really hope that everyone is doing ok on it and staying positive the best we can when we are going through it. I'm sending you all bucket loads of babydust and sticky dust and PMA! Hope to be seeing more people on the other side soon.

Lots of love!

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 8:13pm

hey girls

i got phone call from nurse ive to start burselin nasal spray and get some more blood tests done on the 13th september then start injections 2 weeks later am a bit scared it such a long scary process

hope use are all doing well xfingers

xxxx

Reg: Jun 30th 2011

Children: 1 gorgeous boy Ben

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 1:01pm

Nice one fairy dust - good luck xfingers

Its a big journey but all so worth it :)

Claire
MARCH 2008 IVF #1 BFN :bawl: GRATEFUL FOR 7 SNOW BABIES FROM THIS CYCLE

JUNE 2008 4 SNOW BABIES THAWED AND 2 PUT BACK RESULTING IN OUR BFP!!

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 3:01pm

Hope everyone is okay, this thread has went so so quiet. Im thinking of you all even If im not posting.

Fairydust- Are u doing IUI ? The spray was fine think I was on it for 3 weeks before starting injection,s no side effect its just a pest remembering to take it I even took it up a mountain in glen shee whilst skiing and just went about everything as normal. The injections are fine too and im not just saying that. think the whole process from sniff to preg test was 8 weeks for me. Good luck. xfingers

Loveto all xx [zx127]
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ailly" (Sep 1st 2011, 3:02pm)

JBI

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 9:41pm

Hi Everyone, I was only told to take buserelin spray for about 2 days prior to EC, wonder why this difference from your regimes? xx
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 7:56am

hey girls how are use all?

thanks ailly for your support i needed someone that had been through it to tell me everything was going to be allright its very dasunting when you get told all about treatment and everything it involves and all the things that could go wrong :sadface:

ive been told i could be on nasal spray 4 as long as 3 weeks just depends on how my body reacts to medication ;( they are not sure how long my injections will last as they are starting me on a low dose xfingers it all works out though

jbi everyones body is different and we all have different problems as to why we cant concieve mines is piturity problems due to cancer xxxxxxxxx

JBI

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 9:28pm

Hi fairy,
You are right, everybody's body is different! why can't our bodies just behave themselves! Mine chose the crazy route and went hyperstimulated!!! The most devastating thing is the wait,My transfer will be somewhere mid October. So when will your actual EC be? They will probably start scanning you regularly.I am sorry to hear that you had cancer and I hope the coming time is very happy and uncomplicated for you xxx
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Monday, September 5th 2011, 4:42pm

hey girls how are we all? :smile:

jbi oh thats good news are you excited? ive been told i ll be scanned every second day while on injections :sadface: am not sure when my ec will be just depends how well i react to the injections but am hoping my body does as its told :D

xxxxx

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 9:53pm

Hi girls xxx

How is everyone xx and more to the point where is everyone???? Lol xxx very quiet on here xxx think about you all often xxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 8:55am

hi liz how are you?

am fine d/r just now no side affects yet except feeling sickie :huh:

it is very quiet on here recently how is everyone getting on?

[zx127]

JBI

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 8:15pm

Hi Ladies
I am just waiting for my next cycle to start in the first week of October so that the FET cycle begins.Not very optimistic about FET as I've heard that the success rates are not high, however our very close friends became pregnant on a FET vs a fresh cycle so fingers crossed.It will be a natural cycle as well and not medicated so not sure about that although the success rates seem to be the same for both.
The loooooooooong wait has been hard but I think it was for the best because I did develop mild OHSS so my body needed to heal.
Hows everyone else? Hi Fairy and Liz! Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit sick fairy, what stage are you at in the process? xx :)
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Monday, September 19th 2011, 10:03am

good luck jbi am sure everything will be fine huni :D
xfingers for your treatment

i am on my 1st week of down regulating start my injections on the 3rd oct all being well xfingers ive got appointment on 27th sept for scan and blood tests and to be shown how to do the jags :huh:

how is everyone? [zx127]

JBI

Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 8:57pm

good luck for your scan xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers and remember to ask them how many follies :) the fun begins, i got a load of spots during the down regulation!! i'm just waiting and hoping but getting more excited by the day :)))
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 10:33am

thanks jbi ill let you know how i get on later thanks

hows you?

hey to everyone else xxxx

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: BFP!!

Friday, October 7th 2011, 1:51pm

Hi girls,

Well, as it's really quiet, I thought I'd finally introduce myself. I've been lurking over at this thread since the end of November 2010 and followed many of your journeys. We're based in South Lanarkshire and were originally seen at Monklands for testing etc. Poor OH has male factor and tests for him had to be repeated three times. When we saw the consultant on the 29th November 2010 we were told that the first and last samples were showing they weren't suitable even for IVF but the second showed a little promise. A varicocele for OH was also mooted and this has since been diagnosed and operated on privately, although it hasn't made much difference ifykwim! We were referred to the GRI on the 29 November, and were seen there in February this year. Long story short, were placed on the waiting list for ICSI and were advised that as were south lanarkshire, the wait would be approximately 11-ish months. TBH, we weren't expecting to be seen this year as we know they are really busy and waiting times are increasing constantly. I did call them several weeks ago just to see where we might be on the list and have spent the time since wishing I hadn't. Maybe ignorance is bliss? lol. We were told it could be anything from next spring / early summer before we are finally called. We've waited so long and thought we were finally turning the last corner, just to find out we have another two corners to go. I keep being told the time will fly by, but it feels like it might as well be another three years!!

I feel as if I've moaned a bit, but I felt like you girls would understand. I know in other areas there are much longer waits and feel guilty for feeling the way that I do. I feel as if i'm treading water, marking days, waiting for the postman to finally bring us the letter that will finally allow us to continue our journey.

On the positive, we're well on our way to everything else. I lost a lot of weight beforehand, OH stopped smoking, healthing eating and excerise regime in place. Anything else we could be doing in the meantime??

Chrissie
1st ICSI May 12 - :BFN:
2 ICSI jan 13 - :BFP: It's twins! bab21 bab22 DOB: 13/8/13 born 33+1, both home September 2013

JBI

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 12:15pm

@ drool hi chrissie, yes the waiting list does provoke anxiety but hang on in there.We had to wait 2.5 long years for our turn ,we are from NHSGGC.Even when you are in the process it seems like its all taking too long.

I was so ready in August as I thought ,YES! egg retrieval has taken place, now it will be a cakewalk, but two months later I am still waiting for my second period after OHSS to come by to start the natural FET!

Anyone here going through a FET??Please get in touch if you are :)))
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Julz

Ace

Monday, October 10th 2011, 9:55am

Hi ladies,

Wow it is really quiet on here! I hope everyone is ok! And I hope that treatments are all ongoing and that you are soon on the road to having your bumps! I have a question actually. Well actually I have two!

1 - I don't know if any of you remember be saying that my sister was also having trouble ttc, well after several failed ICSIs now they are looking at donor eggs. Anyway, she lives abroad where they don't hve a great amount of things to help with these things and she is coming to visit and is looking to see an Osteopath when she is here and I wondered if anyone has used one locally that they would recommend.

2 - this is more for Christine and Lisa - re your second cycles... Am I right in saying that you were still offered your 2nd cycle even though you had a little one? I'm just thinking to the future and should we be lucky enough to go down this route again. We obviously didn't use either of the IVF/ICSI cycles but used all 3 IUIs. When I asked before they said I wasn't entitled to them any more, but I thought that you both had yours, did I get that wrong?

Drool - the waiting game is a nightmare! Just when you think you are getting somewhere they delay you again. I found that the hardest, if they told you what the worst case was then you could focus on that and anything earlier would be a bonus, but no. I actually had a total melt down when we had got to the end of the however long and then they said no it would be another couple of months. It may fly by in the long run but at the time it feels like there is never an end in sight. But you will get there, eventually.

JBI - hope you get your FET soon!

Hope everyone else is well! xxx

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 10:39am

hey ladies how are we all? ^^

its very quiet in here would like to see it a bit busier again :rollseyes:

julz the wait is a nightmare i had troubles with my weight so was back and forward a bit but now am nearly at the end of my 1st iui after waiting nearly 6 years time will fly past

jbi hope you get your fet and are altrite :smile:

well a wee update on me ive been up at clinic every second day which is a night mare :sadface: getting scanned and blood taken am on iui been on it for 5 weeks now my follicles are now correct size so am in for iui on tuesday afternoon :happy: take booster jag tonight at 11 59 pm ;)

:goodluck: to all of use on treatment the now

babydust babydust babydust babydust

JBI

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 4:14pm

Tired of waiting!

Hi Fairy,
Good luck for tuesday!! it is almost here!
the waiting game is the worst part ever!
I will get my Prostap injection on the 5th and the Embryo transfer 21 days following that!! I have found that GRI are not that great when it comes to giving information.I was asked if I want a natural or a medicated FET and I opted for a natural one.Then I got a phone call saying I should come on the 5th for my Prostap injection as they only ever do medicated cycles!!!,I am confused but just going with the flow as I want my treatment as soon as possible!!
Anyway, keep positive and treat yourself in the 48 hours before the procedure!! :) take care!
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 5:26pm

Good luck fairy dust xxx

JBI they do natural FET's, I had one in January this year and had to pop up to Glasgow every few days to get blood taken. They are talking mince hun xx
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

JBI

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 5:41pm

hi confused,
thanks for your message.I don't know why they are saying that.Sometimes I wonder if there is loss of communication between people there.I myself work in the NHS and I know that it is difficult to achieve continuity of care but now I am wishing that it was only one doctor and one nurse who knew everything about me and not 10 different people.I emailed Prof Nelson once out of frustration and he assured me that the success rate for natural and medicated FET was the same which is why I thought I would go with the natural one,with less side effects!! How did you find the natural cycle? Thanks xx
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 6:11pm

I know what u mean JBI, we have had a lot of dealings with the NHS this year and the scale of care are polar opposites depending on who u get. Our natural FET was successful but we ended up having a blighted ovum and I had to have a D&C at 8 weeks.

I would recommend the natural way Hun, but the decision is ultimately yours xx
Confused.com

JBI

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 8:24pm

I am really sorry to hear that confused.This journey is so bloody hard,its too much!! to think that you got where everyone wants to be and then lost your baby.I really feel for you because it could be me and it is truly truly heartbreaking.x
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Julz

Ace

Monday, October 24th 2011, 4:33pm

Confused, I just saw your signature, I'm so sorry. I'm not sure what happened but I really wanted to say I am so sorry and hope you are doing as well as can be expected. If you need anything at all please don't hesitate to give me a shout. Thinking of you xxxx

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 12:07pm

Hi girls sorry not been on for ages and I have missed too much to try and catch up. Things at work have been sorted out. I have been cleared of all alligations. Then my dh was in hospital and they didn't know what was wrong with him. They were ? a hole in the heart but have now said his heart is fine. He has to go for test but at present is fine. Little Adam is doing well, he is saying more and more and causing riots but we love it.
I hope is well with everyone and I wish you all the luck in the world for you all.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Gaga

Ace

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 9:18pm

:hi: everyone

So I have finally decided to start ICSI again. Due to collect my metformin next Wed, start it Sun 6th and booked in for my baseline scan 16th Nov. Was putting it in my diary and realised my dates are almost the exact same as my 1st go this time last year. Can't believe it's been a year already, but needed time away from it and I think it's done me good.

Anyone else having treatment around this time? It's sooooo quite on here right now!!

So glad everything has finally been sorted out in your work Christine, hope DH is ok.

I've just noticed your signature Confused. So so sorry babe. I know how devastated you must be, thinking of you and sending you lots of love honey. I'm always here for you if you ever want to get anything off your chest xxxxxxx

[zx033] Steph xxx

Natural :BFP: 2002, Born asleep 32 wks
TTC again 5 years
1st ICSI Oct/Nov 2010 :BFP: m/c 8 wks
2nd ICSI Nov/Dec 2011 - transfer cancelled - 11 ice babies
FET May 2012 :BFP:
7/6/12 [zx076] [zx076] :cheese:
25/6/12 [zx076] [zx076] seen again! So happy!!!
08/08/12 :boy: :boy: It's two boys!!! Yaaaay!
24/12/12 2 healthy boys born!! Best Christmas ever!!!
18/07/13 SHOCK NATURAL BFP :-)

Sunday, October 30th 2011, 8:26pm

Thanks Steph and julz, I have posted in the relevant threads. I don't know what happened either, won't find out till December. All I know is that life is so so cruel xx
Confused.com

JBI

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 10:49pm

FET cycle starts this Saturday!

Hi Ladies

I get my Prostap jag this Saturday,scan in 2 weeks time and then I think I start with the pessaries!

I don't know what to make of these infertility treatments.It seems like they only know so much till the catheter goes in and the embryos are in the womb.Science actually stops after that and you are on your own and all the problems that you had before the IVF are the same,only they place the embryos closer to the uterine lining and HOPE!!

I don't want hope actually I want certainty and guarantee, when they are already interfering so much with the cycle,shouldn't it be exact especially if they have done numerous investigations prior to the point of transfer? But noone is ready to give you a gurantee at the ACS!!!

Sorry about the ramblings, I think I started thinking too much after when I asked one of the nurses at GRI, whether FET worked,she replied, '......er! it......can do' Hearing her say that on Tuesday made me so uncertain about everything they do! ?(
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Reg: Jun 30th 2011

Children: 1 gorgeous boy Ben

Friday, November 4th 2011, 11:21am

Good luck JBI

FET worked for us :smile: :smile:

Keep the faith hun

Claire
xx
MARCH 2008 IVF #1 BFN :bawl: GRATEFUL FOR 7 SNOW BABIES FROM THIS CYCLE

JUNE 2008 4 SNOW BABIES THAWED AND 2 PUT BACK RESULTING IN OUR BFP!!

JBI

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 12:14pm

Thanks , tryingagain, it is always nice to hear success stories! Very happy for you! I can now truly appreciate that this process cannot be easy for anyone no matter how smoothly the whole thing goes.

.I got my Prostap injection yesterday and the nurse said that I should have my period in 2 weeks,But I had started spotting even before I got the injection !!!
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Reg: Mar 27th 2011

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 3:41pm

Hi Ladies,

I am back! How are you all? x

Gaga

Ace

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 11:24am

Hi JBI. Hope you are feeling ok after the prostap? I also wish there were more guarantees with this treatment, but life just isn't that simple is it? I'm just glad that I have some hope as without ICSI I wouldn't have any. Fingers crossed for you this cycle honey xxx

Hey Hope2011. Are you starting treatment soon to?

I has my 1st menopur injection given to me at my appointment this morning. So I've to double dose on that for 2 days, and then I'm on to menopur in the morning, cetrotide at night. The nurse thinks, going by my last cycle, that I'll be going to theatre maybe next Friday, for a transfer on the Monday. I've been so nervous about starting again, but I'm actually feeling quite excited and positive now. It's hard to get in to that frame of mind though.

How is everyone else getting on? Liz, Shirlz, Lainey, Suzie, Pinkdaisy, Shelly, Julz, Ailly, Christine, Lisa and everyone else. How are you all. I miss all your chat.

Stephanie xxx

TTC again 5 years

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 1:47pm

Hi Gaga I'm so pleased that things are under way. I hope that all goes well with the treatment and that you get plenty of eggs and embryos and that you get that BFP that we all deserve. I really hope that this is your time and that you will be blessed with a lo.
JBI I hope that all goes well for you also and that the treatment gives you a lo to treasure,
Hope2011 Hope that you're well and that all is going well with you.
Lisa how are you doing? Did you ever have your other go, if so sorry if I missd it.
Hi to every one else. I hope that you are all well. I think of you all often.

Christine xx

JBI

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 7:54pm

Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for keeping me in your thoughts.

I had the prostap on the 5th of Nov, went for a mini break to Rome and loved loved it, felt very relaxed.I got my AF yesterday and called the clinic to let them know.Scan booked for Tuesday.I started getting the spots today on my face which is the only side effect I experience from Prostap.In fact this may sound totally wierd but I feel really good moodwise after Prostap,maybe it shuts down the PCOS and makes me normal!! Anyone else felt the same?I noticed this during the first time that I got it and again this time.I have also started walking every morning, cold, rain ,sleet ,snow whatever :) as on my last visit I was asked to start moving!:)

Happy happy thoughts and wishes coming your way xxxxx :)
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Friday, November 18th 2011, 9:03am

hey ladies am glad to see its getting busier in here again

i am fine my last iui never worked so start my next iui in few weeks got my baseline scan on tuesday and am still snuffing (burselin) so hope to start jags next monday all being well feels strange as ive just finished my 1st iui cycle didnt think they would start my 2nd iui so soon

hope use are all well and doing fine with treatment xxxxx

JBI

Friday, November 18th 2011, 9:35pm

"@ Fairydust ! Hi Sorry that your IUI did not work the first time but it is great that you are having another one so soon.It sounds like an emotional rollercoaster! How are you doing with these fast paced treatments? xxx take care

@ Gaga : loads of good wishes to you, I think we might have our transfer the same time, mine frozen ures fresh :)) xxx
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Gaga

Ace

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 11:32am

Well things haven't went as smoothly for me as my 1st cycle. Was a bit gutted but after talking it through with Dr Vannie (or something like that?) I'm feeling much better now.

Had a scan on Wed which showed fluid in my uterus and was warned that if it was still there on Friday they wouldn't go ahead with ET.

So yesterday I got 13 lovely wee eggies, but the fluid had got worst and the consultant said that he had no doubt that if he put any embryos back it wouldn't have a successful outcome.

I phoned this morning and out of the 13, 12 were suitable for fertilisation and 11 of them have fertilised normally, which I'm delighted with. I got 8 out of 12 fertilising normally last time.

So I've to wait until my next period and they will scan me to ensure the fluid has resolved naturally and if not they will remove it. Then I will probably start a natural FET a month or 2 later.

Say a little prayer for my wee ice babies ladies :)

Love to you all, thinking about yous xxx

@JBI - have you had your transfer yet? Best of luck with everything xxx

TTC again 5 years

Sunday, November 27th 2011, 8:38pm

hey ladies how are we all?

iam fine my scan on tuesday never went ahead due to me putting on a bit of weight woth last treatment so my nurse (kerri) would like me to try and lose a stone before my next appointment in 30th january so am on slimfast and walking everywhere instead of taking car :happy:

stephanie hope the fluid corrects itself for you huni and i will pray for your wee ice babies huni

jbi how are you getting on? i was finding the thought of doing back to back treatrments daunting but its turned out that i need to lose some weight before starting next treatment so am having a wee rest over xmas xxxxx

JBI

Sunday, November 27th 2011, 11:44pm

Hi all,
@GAGA : looks like they are being careful as you might have mild OHSS same as mine? I also had to go and come back after 2 months! I was gutted when they said I couldnt have the transfer but to be honest, your health is more important than anything and OHSS is really scary and would not let the embies impant anyway,
@ Fairy : why weight loss at this stage? hope you get to the weight you want soon.I am on a soup diet (on and off) as well and it is the only tasty way I can lose weight.Not cabbage soup, all sorts of soups.
I went for my scan and bloods on the 22nd, lining was thin,so i started on estrogen pills from the 23rd onwards.Another scan on the 5th and transfer the same week.i checked with a friend of a friend who is a gynaecologist and he advised to go for a blastocyst transfer as they are apparently the most successful.Anyone had one of those at the GRI?
Noone at the clinic even told us about this but as soon as we mentioned it they seemed to nod their heads.I know it is a big risk as not all the embies go on to become blastocysts and we could be left with no embryos at all,but it probably would be the same inside the womb,Don't know, we have till the 5th to make up our minds whether we want a normal 3 day transfer or a blastocyst!
3rd FET Jun/ Jul'12

Monday, November 28th 2011, 3:41pm

Gaga I'm so sorry that you never got any implanted but to be honest they have done it for the best of reasons. I have everything crossed for you and your ice babies. I hope when you go back that things have improved and you can have a natural FET.
Fairydust I'm sorry that you now have to lose weight but I know that if you put your mind to it you will get there. I did you just have to visualise the outcome at the end. Good luck.
JBI I hope that all goes well with your cycle and all is ready for the 5th. It really isn't that long now. Good luck.

Hi to everyone else hope that you are all well and you are all in my thoughts.

Christine xx

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests