You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 27th 2011

Friday, May 18th 2012, 3:09pm

Hi ladies,

Just a little update!

Everything went well and I am now home with 2 little embies in my tummy. The hospital were very happy and positive with how it all went. He said I have 1 'very good' and 1 'good' embryo, they are cells * 8 & 7 (and thats after having 2 cells removed). They sure seem to be little fighters.

Its an amazing feeling knowing the sex of the little embies already, DH and I have decided to kep this to ourselfs tho!

Thank you for all the kind wished and hope you are all doing well! We will all get there xxxx

Reg: Apr 19th 2011

Friday, May 18th 2012, 5:47pm

So happy for u hope2011... though i am not going through pgd i have been following ur blog, good luck and i sure hope this is ur turn chick!! I look forward to your updates.

Friday, May 18th 2012, 5:51pm

Thank you hun x x :) :)

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 23rd 2011

Friday, May 18th 2012, 7:37pm

I have said on your blog and elsewhere but WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOo and congrats on being PUPO mrs!!!!

hey GRI ladies did you all get sedation for EC? I want GA! lol xx

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 9:07am

Thanx hun. I think its only sedation hun, they prob wont do GA x x

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: BFP!!

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 1:05pm

Hi Lightning - it's only sedation at the GRI but it's ok, truly. You feel as if you've had a LOT to drink lolol
1st ICSI May 12 - :BFN:
2 ICSI jan 13 - :BFP: It's twins! bab21 bab22 DOB: 13/8/13 born 33+1, both home September 2013

United Kingdom

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 1:39pm

Nooooo :-( Gutted, I really thought it was GA i am scared now lol even though Ive just started DR haha xx

Scooby2

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 12:57pm

hey Ladies,

Congrats Hope at being PUPO - hope the 2WW goes quickly for you!

I'm looking for a bit of advise:-

We've been TTC for 8 years after ectopic in 2004 and have had treatment at GRI and GCRM with 8 IVF transfers ( 4 fresh cycles) and lots of steroids, clexane etc but no joy despite all brilliant egg quantity, fertilisation etc. We started down the investigation into Immunology and as I was working in London had considered ARGC who after consultation reckoned they could help.

I've just been transferred back to Glasgow so ARGC could be tricky but I reached out to GRI and GCRM to see if things have moved on a bit re Immunology ( Intralipids etc) and PGD as hubby had never had the chromosome test that I did back at transfer 4 and maybe we need to check matching before going forward?

So, have you ladies done the chromosome matching stuff and any info?
Have any of you redone your AMH test and is this mainly for going down the PGD route?
Anybody successful on Intralipids after many BFNs?
What's the latest on treatment at GRI?
What's triggered going down the donor egg route ( I'm now 41 so may be the only option for us now?)

Many thanks for any pointers before we start

Scooby2 xx

Reg: Jun 30th 2011

Children: 1 gorgeous boy Ben

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 2:26pm

Hi JBI

I personally know of 2 ladies who had FET at GRI. One has a boy now aged 5 and the other has a little girl who has just turned 1.

TBH because my first attempt failed I was convinced this one had too. I just couldn't wait to start a fresh cycle again and sailed through the 2ww. On the day of outcome though I burst into tears when they took my blood for testing. I couldn't believe my ears when I got the call to say we were finally pregnant!!

We still have 3 frosties in waiting and hope to try again soon.

I really do wish you the best of luck. What stage are you at with treatment just now?

Claire
xxx
MARCH 2008 IVF #1 BFN :bawl: GRATEFUL FOR 7 SNOW BABIES FROM THIS CYCLE

JUNE 2008 4 SNOW BABIES THAWED AND 2 PUT BACK RESULTING IN OUR BFP!!

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 3:26pm

HI,
Sorry to butt in here, I have a cheek as I havent been posting for about 6 months, but I still like to pop in here now and again for a spot of reading

Hope2011 - can I ask you how you know the sex of your embies at transfer, and did the doctor tell you? I had always wondered if they new at this stage, as when I had 2 put back, the 2 lady nurses strangely named then after themselves which I thot was weird at the time, but thinking back, I often wonder if they actually knew the sex then, or was just me having 2 girls a coincidence???

Good luck on your 2ww, fingers crossed :0) xxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 4:47pm

Hi weeyin I think its because Hope had PGD they can tell the sex :-) x

Reg: May 24th 2012

Children: Furbaby - Standard Poodle

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 2:55pm

Hi everyone, have just joined this site and have been reading your posts.

Me (26) and my partner (28) began ttc in January 2010. At the end of January 2010 I went to my GP just to make sure everything was okay as we had had no success. I had a blood test done to check for ovulation, the results being that I had not ovulated. My GP referred me to the Vale of Leven Hospital Fertility Unit and in the meantime took a further blood test which also came back as negative for ovulation. I got an appointment at the Vale really quickly and was diagnosed with PCOS. My partner provided a sample, the result of which were great for numbers/motility. We were then able to start clomid. Over a lengthy period of time I had 12 clomid cycles, I wasn't tested for ovulation on them all but on all the ones I was tested I appeared to have ovulated and apparently the indication of ovulation was strong. I also had hormone blood tests and an HSG which all came back fine. Unfortunately none of these cycles were successful. I was therefore referred by the Vale to GRI but was told that the first appoitment may not be for six months. I received my first appointment within four months and had it on 27th April. This appointment was with Dr Lyall. We just went over the past treatment I had had and what checks had been carried out. I explained I had had blood tests, HSG and my partner had had the SA and everything was fine. I thought that the results of these tests would have been forwarded to GRI but apparently not. She said that as I had had these tests already there was no need to repeat them, although I understand my partner will have to have another SA when the treatment is due to begin. She said in my circumstances she would suggest Ovulation Induction (is this the same as IUI) but the waiting list was 16 months, based on my referral letter of December 2011, (so i'm expecting around April 2013 at latest), she said in the meantime there is another treatment I could have whilst being on the waiting list. I am unsure what this is I should have asked but I was panicking so much about the appointment. Does anyone know what this could be? I had an AMH blood test which I understand is to check egg reserve and based on the results of these (which I find out on 8th June) then I can begin this other treatment? Sorry for rambling on.

Debbie xx :)
XDebbieXDooXDah

Friday, May 25th 2012, 9:40pm

Hi Debbie,

We must live in the same town - small world eh! :)

Thants good you are on your way to a little helping hand, we all need that hear so you are not alone! Dr Lyall and staff are lovely. The nursing staff are fantastic too, they will all treat you well once you begin. The waiting will come around before you know it. I am not sure about the treatment she could be thinking off, I would have thought Clomid but you have already done that!

Wishing you lots of luck xx

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 12:46pm

Hi Hope,

Thanks for reply. I know I thought after clomid it was just straight onto IUI but I'm kind of glad, the blood tests all being well, that we will try something in the meantime, think it will help pass the time. We have a holiday in August/Sept as well so I just keep thinking aw well, when we get back its only six months left to wait.

xxx
XDebbieXDooXDah

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 2:18pm

Hi Ladies,

I am just on to given you all a wee update and to say my goodbyes 'for now'.

I was admitted into hospital for a few days due to the amount of blood I had lost. I was hooked up to drips and put on complete bed rest - I felt so awful. DH was been a complete rock, he is just amazing. He has took leave from his work to look after me, he is doing a fine job of that.

At the hospital I was given scans, they believe it was twins I was pregnant with, which explains the amount of blood and the pains. The scan showed that my womb is now empty and I have bleed both out . As far as miscarriages go, mine went well! Sounds odd eh, I think they mean it was good as i needed no operation.

They checked my HCG and it is now sitting at 11. I am back at the hospital on Monday, they want it to be at 5. I hate hospitals now!!!

As I came home from hospital there was a lovely letter frm my clinic saying congratulations, if only they knew!!

So for now, I am taking a break from IVF PGD. I need a little time to regain my emotions. DH and I also need a wee bit of time to enjoy life before trying again. Maybe towards the end of the year. Time is a great healer and that is what we need.

THANK YOU for all your amazing support. I wish every one of you get sucess in your journeys and I hope you all have a happy ending!

Lots of love xxxxxx

Reg: Jun 30th 2011

Children: 1 gorgeous boy Ben

Monday, June 11th 2012, 2:07pm

Hope2011

I really really hope that your dreams come true one day. What you have both been through is truly heartbreaking - I have been reading your blog. As you say everything happens for a reason but even though I do not know you personally I can tell you will both make fantastic parents.

Take the time like you say to enjoy one another and when the time is right you can fight on.

It breaks my heart that lovely people struggle to have a family when there are so many wasters around that have kids and do not appreciate them. Life is very hard to understand sometimes.

Take care
Claire
xxxx
MARCH 2008 IVF #1 BFN :bawl: GRATEFUL FOR 7 SNOW BABIES FROM THIS CYCLE

JUNE 2008 4 SNOW BABIES THAWED AND 2 PUT BACK RESULTING IN OUR BFP!!

Monday, June 11th 2012, 7:34pm

Thank you so very much hun, that means so much to me x x x

United Kingdom

Friday, June 15th 2012, 9:46pm

Hi ladies just being nosey to see if there was anyone here at GRI this morning 8.15am called Lee/Leigh had a polka dot bag, then went to see Maureen afterwards? xx PM me if it was you heehee

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 7:42pm

Hi ladies I assumed as I had EC and ICSI and embryos biopsied that that was one of my 2 NHS treatments used however I have now read that some people who don't get to ET don't lose one of their free cycles.

Your experiences please? My review appointment is 1st August so I will ask then but just wondered in the meantime

xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 21st 2011

Children: yes please

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 10:55am

Morning all, just a quick note while I'm meant to be 'working' ha

We've finally been put on the waiting list after we had our 1st appointment at GRI last month, the nurse said we should get a letter roughly round about May next year to let us know we've reached the top (hopefully it is only a year) was just wondering how long it took from getting the letter to EC and ET etc. Nurse did say that it would probably be around July/August time but I just wanted to see how long everyone else waited for their treatment to start first

Hope - really sorry to hear about your news. Hope it doesnt put you off completely.

Lightening - Hopefully it doesnt count as one of you 2 surely. Keep us (me rather) updated after you've had your review app please and good luck with it

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12
App with consultant 16/4/12
Our journey is finally on the move!!

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 4:04pm

22nd Feb completed consents, bloods, swab
26th April AF - CD1 - called clinic and got start date CD21 16th May
16th May Had prostap injection
7th June Start Gonal f
9th June Start buserelin nasal spray
15th June Scan of follicles, bloods
16th June Ovitrelle booster jab
18th June EC
22nd June ET (your would be 21st June as I am having PGD so a day longer)
3rd July Clinic blood pg test!

Hope that helps. Assuming you are on same protocol xx

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 5:11pm

Thanks for that

So all in all 4 months roughly til ET its not bad I suppose

What protocol were you on?xx

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 10:55pm

long protocol think its number 7 which is for normal AMH and what most ladies seem to be on xx

United Kingdom

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 10:25am

yoohoo anyone still here ?o( xx

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: BFP!!

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 1:58pm

Hi Lightening,

I'm still here, just! We're kinda in limbo at the moment - cycle one failed and we've decided to wait until the new year for our second and last cycle. I say "decided" - my work hasn't been very supportive about time off for appointments and treatment so feel under pressure to wait. I'm at the point I just want need to get this last cycle going and then we'll know, either way. Reality sometimes is a pain in the butt.

How're you doing lightening? x

C x
1st ICSI May 12 - :BFN:
2 ICSI jan 13 - :BFP: It's twins! bab21 bab22 DOB: 13/8/13 born 33+1, both home September 2013

United Kingdom

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 3:05pm

Hey hun sorry to hear about your failed cycle :-(

Such a shame you feel you have to wait aswell. Can GRI diary you to start? As the longer into 2013 you leave it they may end up telling you you have to wait until new financial years funding which is beg of May cycles, thats what happened to me :-( Thats why I want them to get me in the diary asap!

Im doing ok thanks but just dying to get started on treatment again lol how weird to want to inject yourself haha

xxx

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 4:20pm

My goodness it very quiet on here!

I am in for egg collection on Friday, anyone else?

Xx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 11:40am

Hey just a quick one, not been on here as much lately because am just waiting for my letter to come thru so dont really have anything to report as such. hope every one is getting on good in they're journey and all is smooth.

But.. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea about how to go about freezin his sperm because as of friday he is away for 9 weeks working and I think its more than likely he will be away for when its time for me to get the ball rolling do i just phone up GRI next time he's home and explain the sit or phone them asap??

Emma xx

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 12:16pm

My DH is getting this done on 1st Nov, Id prob phone them up as you need to get an appointment and they are pretty full x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 1:34pm

Oh right thank you, well thats good, you wouldnt happen to have the phone number to make appointments do you?xx

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

United Kingdom

Friday, September 28th 2012, 9:36pm

sorry hun been mega busy hope you got it but its 0141 211 0505

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

NuttySoapdish (08.11.2012)

Claymore

Reg: Oct 24th 2012

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 7:54pm

Help with Protocols ??

Been attending GRI been through 2 iui attempts both BFN 3 further cycles which had to be abandoned due to over stimulation, now enroute to ivf was told i was protocol 4 and was re tested and am now protocol 9 - anyone else similar? so worried

Reg: Nov 18th 2012

Sunday, November 18th 2012, 11:22pm

Hi everyone,

My names Lou and i've been reading through the forum couldnt believe there was a sub forum for GRI, this is great,
I am due to start my first cycle have my first prostap injection this coming tuesday the (20th of nov), excited thing are starting to get going its been long wait, very nervous though at what lays ahead. Hospital gave me lots of information last time we were there but it was a lot to take in and i keep referring back to and ending up with more and more questions. Like Prostap injection where is it administered arm, hip, internal?? I must sound so blonde right now sorry about that its just its all new experience and i just like to be prepared, i meant to get round to asking them last time i was there but my mind went totally blank after filling out all the paperwork and going through the process of what lay ahead. I've also got a scan date for the 5th of december so the next two weeks i'll probably be terrible for asking questions. So sorry in advance.

Well thats all for now
hugs Lou x

Monday, November 19th 2012, 8:19pm

Hi Lou,

Have a look at my blog - I give a step by step journal of what happens at GRI. The prostap will go into your tummy hun xx

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 3:23pm

Hi hope, thanks very much for your response, i will defently be taking a look at your blog, so i am prepared as i'm very forgetfull when processing lot of information, i actually started little blog of my own a few weeks ago mostly for reference more for myself and to let of thoughts as i know it can be a rollercoster of emotions so to read other people experiences would be great, Thank you.

I had my first prostap injection on tuesday needle little bigger than normal but that didn't bother me and wasn't suprised really. however my partner at the sight of it felt little queezy (Hes never been a fan of needles lol), It was basically over in a second and into the tummy, little tingle then i was told i will need a topup within period of time and then nasal spray?, but then said about injections after i got prostap, does that mean i'll have to use both? or is it one rather than other. I keep saying to myself i need to ask this and that but when i go in my head goes blank and i try and digest all information. Sorry i must sound like such a newbie lol most of you will have allready been through this.

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 4:52pm

Don't be silly hun we were all like that when we first started. I've had 4 years to find it all out lol.

Yea you will use your nasal spray while injecting. You will stop the spray once you've taken your booster (36 hours before egg collection) xx Ask as many questions as you like it's no problem x

United Kingdom

Friday, November 30th 2012, 1:52pm

Bit of a strange question but does anyone know if there are any issues with gettin surgery done a couple of months before treatment is meant to start?xx

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

Thursday, December 27th 2012, 4:12pm

Hi everyone,

Well its been busy few weeks with the fertility treatment and then christmas but i can happily say i had my implant on december the 20th and it's now a waiting game, My egg retrieval went well (i got 15 eggs) but the aftermath was not so good only two fertilised out of them all, i asked if there was any particular reason as to why this happened but they said not really. so i had both implanted so hoping for the best. Can i ask a question to anyone who has been implanted? today i have had a little spotting of blood nothing serious (about 3 penny sizes worth) is that normal after implantation?? or is that something to be concerned about?

Thanks Lou xx

Thursday, December 27th 2012, 7:53pm

That's normal hun it could also be a sign of implantation bleeding! Fingers crossed :) x

Sunday, January 27th 2013, 9:22am

It's very quiet on here!

I am back at GRI tomorrow morning for my 1st scan, if all ok I will start stimming. I am still spotting slightly which is a bit worrying but hopefully it's all ok. After my appointment I will attend Acupuncture - hoping that helps to relax me a little.

How are you all?

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 27th 2013, 6:20pm

Good luck :thumbsup:

My bf has an appointment on the 15th to have some of his sperm frozen because he could be working away when it all 'kicks off', or he could be here for the start of it and not be here for when they need his sperm. Other than that I'm trying not to think about it too much until I get the letter and then I can start the panicking and worrying and freaking out lol

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

burnsie

Reg: Oct 11th 2011

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 10:02am

Scottish patient information day

There is a patient information day in Glasgow, Saturday 23rd February 2013. There will be expert guest speakers and exhibitors, tea/coffee will be provided throughout the day with a buffet lunch. Registration is from 9.30am and the event will finish approx 4pm, although it is up to you if you stay for the full day. There are limited place available, for further information please contact gwendaburns@infertilitynetworkscotland.com or phone free on 0800 008 7464.

United Kingdom

Friday, March 1st 2013, 7:35pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for acupuncture?

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 3:22pm

I used Maureen Karnowski just along from the Royal she was lovely x

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 9:52pm

Ahh right, I started going to the hui chen clinic on great western road..

How often did u go?

I think I've maybe started going a bit early though, been going at least once a week since the end of February, got an appointment on Saturday actually but then again this is the month I should get my letter through the door, so surely it cant be a bad thing..we'll see what happens I suppose xx

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 9:48pm

Hi ladies
It's very quiet in here! I hope that's because the gri are getting you down regged, pupo and PG before you have a chance to come on here n chat!

Wishing everyone good luck for their cycles, don't recognise any names here but thought I would drop by and say hi from an old timer

Whispering to those I knew.... check out my signature and send me a pm if u want a catch up (and to those I don't know too! I've probably walked in shoes similar to yours along my journey)

Curly x

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Thursday, June 13th 2013, 4:11pm

CURLYWURLYLLASS!!!!!!

OMG!!!! : D : D : D Just seen your signature, thats brilliant news!!!!! I'll PM you later thou :)

I'm guilty of popping in here to, and just reading and runnig - it is very quiet?!?!

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Friday, June 14th 2013, 9:03pm

Wow shirlz, massive congrats xxx

I've not been on in ages just noticed this xxx
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 11:10am

IUI

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well. Not been on in a while.

We had five cycles of letrozole and triggers. Ovulated on all but no BFP.

We have now received out letter confirming we are top of the waiting list for IUI. Went to appointment (nearly two hour appointment) on 4th July and signed all paperwork, had blood tests and swabs taken and partner had another SA on 10th July. Previous SA was great but that was 2011 at the VOL so they wanted an up to date sample tested.

So I am going to collect my nasal spray on 18th July and I have to start taking it on day 21, being 26th July. I am then back at hosp on 13th August for scan and bloods then I believe I start daily injections with regular scans, then a trigger and IUI 36 hours later and thereafter suppositories to help things along. It was all a bit overwhelming. A lot of information to take in. Hoping that it works. You try to remain positive but sometimes you just think is it ever going to be my turn.

Does anyone have any advice for IUI or the process?

Debbie xxx :rollseyes:
XDebbieXDooXDah

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 2:08pm

Hi debbie, good luck with your iui, i was straight to icsi so cant help with iui process
But a good lot of ladies got their little bundles of joy at the gri, some even got double trouble!!
Not long till u start sniffing the nasty stuff-it made me sneeze n feel minky
X

Cheers ailly n weeyin :) i still cant believe it! Xx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests