You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 5th 2010, 12:24pm

Oh Icsi, I am so sorry. Is there nothing else that can be done? I don't know what to say, I'm here for you if you ever need to talk. Will be paying for you and your husband xxx

Monday, April 5th 2010, 12:25pm

Sorry, that was praying.

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Monday, April 5th 2010, 12:29pm

oh pixie i am so sorry
you are in my thoughts and i hope the wine helps you get thru tonight and then you can start looking towards the future and trying again.
maybe at the follow up htey will listen to YOU for a change. it seems so awful that they have kept you going for so long without managing a transfer.

keep in touch over the next few weeks
:hugs:
xXx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Monday, April 5th 2010, 3:33pm

Pixie I'm so sorry to hear that things did not go well for you today. After all this time and effort, even though it all seems stacked against us, there is always that glimmer of hope that it might just be ok.
I'm sitting here bubbling at the hopelessness of it all and how there is nothing we can do to control any of it. As a first timer to all of this I have found it hard, but for you to have gone through so many difficulties over time, I just don't know how you cope.
I think I will be joining you on the wine this week as things have taken an unfortunate turn for us too. Like you, I still have to hang onto that glimmer of hope until Wednesday but I think it will be a formality.
Thank you for all the advice you have shared and the encouragement you have given, it really has been much appreciated. I hope you don't disappear...we were all meant to meet for coffee and never did....maybe we should hit the pub instead!
Look after each other.
xx

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Monday, April 5th 2010, 3:38pm

Oh Pixie Im soo sorry. I hope you and DH are ok, and are there for each other. You deserve a medal - not just for everything you have been thru but the amount and help and support you have given us all on here - you truely are a godsend, you deserve to be blessed with a child. This is definately not the end of you journey ICSI.

Hope you can enjoy your wine tonite, and I hope you and DH can stay positive for the future.

Hoping and praying for you both, I honestly cant imagine what you must be goin thru

Lots of love to you Pixie,

xxx

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Monday, April 5th 2010, 5:12pm

Oh ICSI, I am totally gutted to read your post, I cannot imagine how you are feeling. I really was hoping that there would be a miracle for you today. I don't have any words that can make you feel any better, the wine will probably more of a help than any of us right now. All I can say is a huge thank you for always being there for all of us and givng us wonderful advice, keeping us saine, wiping our tears, giving us a hug or a good old talking to. I can't think of anyone that deserves this more than you right now. I really really hope that this isn't the end and it's just another obstacle that you will overcome. You are one of the strongest people I know and I firmly believe that you will get there. And we will have a party when you do. I know what it's like to need a bit of space from all things ttc, you know that we are always here for you if and when you need us. Don' hesitate to give us a shout. Or if you want to meet up at Silverburn and have a rant, cry, goss, I'm always around. Hang in there hon. Have some tlc and fun with DH, remind yousleves that you have each other and that is the most important thing. Sending you great big hugs. xxxx

Pinkdaisy - are you ok too? What has taken an unfortunate turn? :hugs:

Love luck and babydust to all.

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Monday, April 5th 2010, 7:15pm

Oh ICSI- Dunno what to say chick, You have been our rock and deserved things to go your way for once. I'm so sorry you've been thro so much. Maybe your body needs a good rest from all this and needs a bit of time to return to normal before starting with all the meds again. It's probably a good idea to take a break from all things ttc and just spoil yourself for a while. Thankyou so much for all the support you've given over the past few months.

Julz- Back on the rollercoaster again!!! Glad you don't have to hang around for long. I'm sure you'll cope fine on your own if your hubby can't be there. I had a few appointments on my own and it didn't bother me.

pinkdaisy- Oh dear, what's happened??

Shirlz- congrats on being PUPO. See all that worry about only having 2 embies but hey, they both made it to your uterus and am sure they are very happy in there.
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

curlysue

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Monday, April 5th 2010, 7:54pm

ICSI-PIXIE - Awe i am so gutted for you and your DH. I am soooo sorry. Thank you for all your support and well wishes over the last wee while. Thinking about you. Take it easy xxxxx

Curlysue

ttc 3 years
1st ICSI - Sept 2009 :BFN:
2nd ICSI - Feb 2010 :BFP:
1 healthy [zx076] seen 22nd March 2010

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Monday, April 5th 2010, 7:59pm

ICSI i'm so sorry - take care of each other and thank you for all your kind words over the past few weeks. Hope all works out for you in the end.
First ICSI
Jan/Feb 2010
EC 18/02/10
ET 20/02/10
05/03/10 :BFP:

1 Healthy [zx076] seen 08/04/10 9wks1day

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Monday, April 5th 2010, 9:25pm

oh ICSI i'm so sorry to see your post. I've not been on too often just recently but know that you were always one of the first to help me when i had any questions needing answered, you're such a help to all the girlies on here and i'm gutted for both you and your DH. Big hugs to you both :cuddle

keep your chin up huney, thinking about you

x x

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Monday, April 5th 2010, 9:26pm

Confused - Your doctor sounds like the lady who did my EC and transfer, not sure if that would be the same person or not but she talked at about 100 miles an hour like she's said it all a million times before. Quite small, kind of South European looking but an English accent I think. She was very nice but I just didn't feel like I could waste her time by asking a question!! Glad you got on ok and sound like you had a nice day out in the big city. Oh and thanks for the top tits on the lettuce leaves...ha ha!!!

Hey pinkdaisy thats the EXACT same doctor! i hope i dont get her during my TX i couldnt stand it!! lol - and did you mean to say top tits?? LMAO!! pmsl I hope everything is okay hun? OTD 7th April? xfingers

julz and liz - good luck for your scans tomorrow

shirlz - how are you getting on??? boredom set in yet? only 10 days to go, i hope your not moving any furniture!!

rosey - when is OTD??

wee yin - when are you booked in??

pixie - i have PM'd ya hun xx

AFM - i got the [zx245] today - which coupled with a rotten hangover makes confused not a nice wee girl..... lol i am so desperate to fone the clinic i have got the number on the mantlepiece and my alarm set on my fone for 8am. i :pray: they can fit me in xfingers

christine, littlemissdee, lainey, judge, puppyluv, curly, pinkchick, flowerpower, daffy and too everyone else i hope you are doing okay xxx
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: None yet but soon hopefully

Monday, April 5th 2010, 9:44pm

Hi ladies sorry havnt been on in a while a lot has happened after my EC, Well had to prospone ET for 6-8 weeks, ended up in hospital for 3 days with OHSS, So should be in the next few days when AF arrives that i next phone the clinic to see if i can get put onto this months list for FET,

Oh yeah getting ahead of myself lol, We collected 24 eggs of which 16 fertilized.

Just more waiting now for the next step, Thats all we seem to do through tx lol.

Well hope everyone is doing well.

Have a nice evening all x x
TTC-7 years.
IVF-1ST Cycle, Collected-24, Fertilised-16, Freeze-all :hairout
1st FET 15th June 10-BFN :tears: Embies left-12,
2nd FET Sept/Oct xfingers 2nd time-BFN :tears:

Monday, April 5th 2010, 9:48pm

Hi Confused,

So funny! Yep the same girl - she was nice but a bit 'any-questions-no?-that's-great' before you have time to even draw breath.
Fingers crossed you get booked in tomorrow - I really hope you can get started this month. And of course I meant top tits...my poor attempt at being witty!

Well, thanks for asking about me - and Pinkchick and Julz too - but it's not been the best weekend. Started spotting yesterday and came home from weekend break early (more because it was so blinking cold in the caravan, but also to do some online obsessing and symptom spotting). Thought it might have stopped by today - prayed hard, but it's been getting steadily heavier as the day's gone on. Called the clinic this morning and she said any bleeding at this time is a cause for concern. In my heart I know it's over, but we need to go for the test on Wednesday to have it confirmed. As if the 2ww isn't bad enough, we've walked about in a daze all weekend and I've spent much of today crying. All this time and effort and worry and stress for nothing. I thought we'd gone through the tx quite well and although we only had 2 embryos they were grade 1...apparently all these things up the chances, but not for us. I know it can't always happen first time and I guess it's just not our time. Poor DH is gutted too.
Need to try to pick ourselves up and enjoy the rest of the hols - I'm glad of the 2 weeks off, if the weather picks up I'll be out in the garden growing things there!

Hope everyone else is well.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Monday, April 5th 2010, 9:49pm

oh lynette you sound like you have had a right time of it!! :congrats: on the 16 fertilised eggs!! woohoo!! sorry you had to develop OHSS to get them though!! xfingers xfingers for you xxx
Confused.com

Monday, April 5th 2010, 9:54pm

oh pinkdaisy :hugs: i am sorry to hear about your bleeding, i dont know what to say hon, because no amount of words will be able to comfort you just now. keep your chin up xx :tear:
Confused.com

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Monday, April 5th 2010, 9:59pm

wowee lynett - 16 eggs fertilised!!!! :8o: hope you're feeling much better after your few days in hospital :cuddle

and xfingers when you call the clinic you get a date for your FET

xfingers for you too Confused that when you call in you get an appmt too (an that your hangover goes by mornin too ;) )

sorry to hear you've been upset today Pinkdaisy but sending lots of :cuddle . i'm praying it's not over for you.

lotsa babydust to all you other girlies too

x x

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

Monday, April 5th 2010, 10:02pm

Thanks Confused.
I know, it's a pain in the ass. I never know what to say to people either, but it's just nice to have you guys there to talk to because you are going through it too and understand how hard it all is.

xx

Thanks Puppyluv - it would be so lovely if there was still a chance, I hope you're right. x

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Monday, April 5th 2010, 11:39pm

Pixie I'm so sorry that things haven't worked out this time. I hope and pray that you and DH will get through this again. I'm sure that you will. You have always been here for us all and for that I thankyou from the bottom of my heart. I hope that once you have had a break that you will feel able to come back to us and that you will be able to have another go and that it will work out in the end. Good luck for your future whatever you decide to do. Take care of your self and your DH.

Love Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:14am

Hey ladies, jst foned + they r fully booked! She gave away the last appt yestrday. I thnk its really hit me, sittin bawling my eyes out. I got af ystrday - I thot they were CLOSED! I wish I had phoned yestrday!! Arrggh! Shes gav me a prov date of 9th june for my scan. Am so sick of f@!kin waiting arggh!

Sory 4the rant x
Confused.com

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 10:30am

Confused - me n you both honey. Ive been knocked back twice now, but at least I know now that they defo have to take me next month.
I was pure ragin when they said they were fully booked, cos last time I foned they had just gave the last space away to the previous caller.
I fot they were closed Sat/Sun too........

How many times have they refused you???

I know your so sick of waiting, me too, but our time will come. PLus it means we could be cyle buddies.....yeeeeyyyyyyyyyy !!!

Wee Yin xxx

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 3:43pm

Confused I'm so sorry that you have to wait another month. At least you have a date for a scan. I know that it is easy to say but that month will fly by. It happened to me so I know how you are feeling. Take this month as a month out and to get your self mentally ready for the rollercoaster. I hope that when you get going that all works out for you.

Christine xx

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 6:11pm

Pixie, I am so, so sorry sweetheart. Keeping you both in my prayers xxx

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 6:48pm

Hi everyone

Could'nt get on over the weekend for some reason!!!! x Hope everyone is well x :)

Pixie i am so sorry to hear your sad news xxxx I hope u and DH are both ok xxx

Julz hope ur scan went well :) Just read over the old posts and read you were there the same time as me xx couldnt get on here at the weekend xx My scan was a complete waste of time :sadface: my lining is to thick, really dont understand I have been on this bloody snuff for ages now. I think its because they have left me to long since my outcome date, so no stimms for me :sadface: I have to go back on Tuesday for another xx

Hope ur doing ok Shirlz and everything is going to plan xxxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:15pm

Hello,

Liz- sorry to hear that, that's very strange, when did af arrive? So were you there? where were you sitting? I listened out but didn't hear anyone with a name that was close to liz. I was sat on my own in grey jumper and jeans. Sat facing the wall on the far side.

Confused - that is so annoying. Sorry I should have said this before but didn't think. You can call and leave a message and they will get back to you. So I always call and leave a message anyway and that way hopefully they will get it first thing in the morning and call you back before others call in.

Pinkdaisy - so sorry hon, hang in there, it ain't over til the fat lady sings. I hope you have a miracle on Weds and if not, like you say, a lot of people it takes a few cycles to get there, so don't loose hope. It will be hard, trust me, but you will find a way through it and you will get on and get back on that bike and in the end you will get your lo!

Waves to everyone!

AFM - scan went well today, lining in nice and think, three + on right and one on left. I thought they would start me on stims today but apparently they only start on Mondays so have to wait to Monday to start stims, then in on te Friday for scan and bloods. Asked about nearly over stimming last time so they have booked me for scan and bloods rather than just bloods on the Friday and then if need be I'll go back in on the Sat. Otherwise might be same as last time with insem on the weds if respond in the same way. I expect I will as last time it was the same as the ICSI. I am fairly reliable in that way. Also asked about the progesterone and they will bring it up at the lunchtime meeting. Otherwise DH's numbers were good for the IUI, considering what they have been. 42% A motility. Good for him! So that's me, back on the rollercoaster!

Love luck and babydust to all!

Jxx

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:35pm

Thanks Julz, I'm kinda getting my head around it now. Maybe there is a tiny glimmer of hope until tomorrow - I even did the last pessary and didn't give into the wine, but I really can't see it. AF too heavy now!
Glad you got on well today and DH results were good...what did he do to improve it? We're looking into all that just now and there are so many things online but you don't know what to believe.
Anyway, I'll post official result tomorrow.

Confused, I'm so sorry you got knocked back again but you have a date now, right? It has to be more positive and something to aim for?

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:40pm

hey ladies, thanks so much for your words of encouragment. i know i shouldnt be whinging, at least i am now top of the waiting list, whats 8 more weeks eh? i will pull myself out of this, like you say christine, i just need to get my head prepped for the journey ahead.

when are you booked in for wee yin? today was the first time ever i had phoned up, i have never had tx @ GRI before. yay cycle buddies!!

glad today went well julz, roll on stims!!

love to everyone else - thinking of you pinkdaisy - it aint over till the fat lady sings - and i aint in the mood for singing love - no glee on!! booohoo!!!

xxxx
Confused.com

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:45pm

Thanks you nutter!!!
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:50pm

your welcome toots!! starsmile
Confused.com

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:58pm

Pinkdaisy - we have tried about almost everything. DH used to drink diet irnbru by the gallon which he has almost cut out bar the odd one, he did this, changed to have a much healthier diet and a lot of exercise and there was a significant change in his numbers at the next SA a few months later, takes about 3 months for a change to show. He also takes a mens multi vit, not particularly for ttc but just general multi vits. They say that zinc is a real one for the men, also brazil nuts. But I think the main thing is really to be healthy and have a well balanced diet. DH has never smoked and doesn't drink so that's been easy but if your dh does smoke/ drink a lot then I think those would be things to work on. But also main thing is not to get stressed about it. Keeping everything crossed for you if not for this cycle, for the next one.

Jxx

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 9:07pm

Thanks Julz - that's quite funny as DH is pretty much addicted to Coke (as in cola!!)....he managed to cut it out in the last few months but has been straight back on it since transfer!
He's not a smoker or drinker and has never done drugs...sounds a bit dull doesn't he??!! Poor pet. His diet is pretty crap if he can get away with it and he travels alot so I can't always control it!
He's been taking horny goat weed for months now and we do think that it made a difference to his results but it's obviously not enough and it's pretty pricey, so today he just got another male vitamin supplement which has selenium, zinc and vitamin C. It would be so nice to achieve all this naturally!!
I just need to keep a careful eye on those sneaky snacks he has!!
Thanks for the info!
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 9:19pm

I know he may not like to hear it hon, but seriously cut the caffeine! I am a coke addict and I really know how hard it is but seriously I think you need to put everything into it and think that it would make a big difference if he really looked after his diet and cut down on the coke (I always have a few after a BFN ;) ) don't be anal over it, but just cut down on junk food, make sure you are both getting your 5 a day and cut down on that caffeine. And no not a sad life, my dh is the same, as straight as a ruler! Bless him! It does take a few months to see a difference but if this one doesn't work out and you do need to wait for a natural af before the next cycle, now would be the time for him to make changes and stick to it.

We will get there in the end xx

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 9:54pm

Thanks Julz,

I showed him your post and it's serious business from now on!!

It's gotta work out sometime!

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 9:05am

Confused - just a quickie cos Ive sneaked on this at work!
Im only prov booked in for baseline scan on 27th May, Ive to phone on Day 1 and get date for prostap injection, then they might need to
jiggle the date for scan.

Is it ISCI your going for sorry I cant remember??

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 3:07pm

Hi girls,

Not our time, the call said BFN.
So disappointed - even though we knew this would be the result.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 4:02pm

Pinkdaisy I'm so sorry to hear your result. I know you said you knew this would be the result but it is still a let down. Now take it easy and spoil one another. My thoughts are with you and your DH.

Christine xx

Julz

Ace

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 8:42pm

Hello ladies,

Pinkdaisy - I am so sorry it's BFN for you. I was hoping for a miracle for you. Try and stay positive, it doesn't mean this is the end. You will get there. Take some time out for you and have a large vino! Oh and I hope DH doesn't hate me for my post re caffeine! Tell him it's for a good cause - and i know how hard it is!! I am a total addict! (Had a coke today cause found out someone else was pg! oops... no more!)

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all well, nothing to report from here, just glad it's nearly theb weekend again!

Jxx

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 9:02pm

Aw pinkdaisy I'm so sorry I know u said u were half expecting it but it's still sad news
you and dh have some good times together for a while. It will defo be your time soon,
we need a BFP on here!!!

Soz about the short post as I'm trying to type away on ma fone.

Take care hon xx

curlysue

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 9:12pm

Pinkdaisy - I'm so sorry to hear your news. Thinking about you and your DH at this very difficult time.

Sending you all lots of babydust.

Curlysue xxx

Curlysue

ttc 3 years
1st ICSI - Sept 2009 :BFN:
2nd ICSI - Feb 2010 :BFP:
1 healthy [zx076] seen 22nd March 2010

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 10:10pm

Pinkdaisy im so sorry it was a bfn
please take care of yourself over the next few days and i hope AF isnt to harsh

sending you hugs
:hugs:

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 10:32pm

Thanks for all your messages girls,

Everyone has been soooooooo lovely.
The last couple of days have been pretty tough - it all just seems so pointless when you don't get the right result!
The blood result showed there had been no sign of implantation at all...I think it was 3 or something? Shirlz has been helping me out but I don't really get it all yet!
I have to call next week to organise a follow up.

Well, we were out tonight at a family birthday. Mum and sis kept saying not to go if I wasn't up to it, but I felt if I didn't go it would raise too many questions. Anyway, first chance to have a glass of wine and I coped quite well until they all started talking about so and so who had had a baby and he cut the cord himself and are they having any more and did you know shes' pregnant and so it went on. My poor mum and sis had one eye on me the whole time and kept trying to steer the conversation another way, and then my brother in law walked in and gave me a sympathetic/knowing smile and that just sent me over the edge. Managed to sit quietly and hold it together but my aunt gave me a huge hug when I left and asked if I was ok. There's no pulling the wool over any eyes in my family! Anyway it was a nice night and the first step to getting on with it. I actually feel that getting the real result was a bit of a weight off our shoulders.

So now we just need to try to relax and actually enjoy the rest of our hols!
I'll need to go back and read what everyone is up to, hope you're all well and thanks again for your support.

Onwards and upwards - we'll get there!
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 10:35pm

Julz - don't worry, DH is cool....he needs a kick up the backside from someone other than me sometimes, it's good for him!!

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 10:46pm

Oh Pinkdaisy, I'm so, so very sorry hon :sniff: Even when you're somewhat prepared for the result, there's still that part of you which has to keep hope alive until the final call. I know no words will ever be adequate to ease your pain but just do what you and DH need to do to get through right now. I know it's little consolation, but often with a first cycle it gives the Drs a clearer picture of not only how you respond to the drugs, but also on what can be done differently (if anything) on a future cycle. We've had top grade embryos before which never implanted and then much lower grade ones which did implant. There's little rhyme nor reason and it sometimes throws up more questions when everything seems so 'perfect' in terms of lining, embryo quality etc. Just know that many of us understand how you must be feeling right now and I'm sending you a huge hug along with everyone else grouphug Just read your post from tonight--basically if there has been no implantation they always say "three or below". it's simply the scale they use in the lab, but it simply means zero. A positive hCG is considered anything about 15, but personally I know from experience that anything over 5, whether it is a continuing pregnancy or not, shows that implantation did start to happen and for some reason, didn't make it. "3 or below" almost certainly means that implantation did not take place. It's hard to accept I know, yet we all need the closure too in one way or another so we can move on if that makes any sense? [zx127]

Confused--I'm so angry you got put back after such a long wait :hairout The frustration is simply enormous. That's all we seem to do on this path is wait and wait some more and meantime our lives are kind of 'on hold' mode. Please keep phoning as much as you can b/c there may just be a cancellation when you least expect it. You've been such an inspiration at keeping us all positive, yet it's hard to be upbeat all the time when you're continually being knocked down. Just know we're here for you meantime hon [zx127]

Lynette--I'm so sorry to hear you were in hospital with OHSS :sadface: Unfortunately, been there done that too and it wasn't pretty. We had a full frozen cycle too. I had 30 eggs retrieved but only 20 were considered mature enough to ICSI and since DH has severe male factor issues, only 14 of the 20 fertilized initially and one didn't make it to the freezer. Hope you're taking good care of yourself hon and preparing your body to bring home a couple of those ickle frosties soon :cuddle

Shirlz-- hope you're resting up hon and giving DP lot of orders from the sofa :pout

Julz-- Glad to hear everything's going to plan hon. I so hope you wont need to revert back to ICSI--ever! xfingers xfingers

Roseytoes-- I hope the 2ww isn't making you go too :loony: Thinking of you hon.

AFM-- ladies, I was so touched to log on tonight and read all of your lovely messages :O I feel so very undeserving of such lovely comments, but thank you each of you for your lovely words. You may think it was jsut words, but I can tell you they really made a difference an brought lots of tears to my eyes (happy tears). I know this journey has been so painful on so many levels, but I've been trying to keep a list each day of things I'm thankful for, even through this journey and one of the things going onto on my list today is that I'm so thankful that even through all this pain, that it can be used positively to help others. I'm certainly glad of the break in treatment though right now (even with an AF from hell which incidentally started yesterday on my first day coming off all the meds :cross: ). ACS phoned yesterday morning to say how sorry they were etc etc. I asked the nurse for my E2 levels from Friday and Monday (which I'd forgotten to ask for as I was more concerned with my lining) and guess what--they'd dropped from around 700 to under 500. So basically my repeated concerns that the HRT wasn't being absorbed as within 30mins of taking the tabs I'd be on the [zx153] . I've told them in previous cycles that my IBS does NOT like HRT but they never listened. The nurse for the first time yesterday, agreed with me that probably b/c my body wasn't absorbing enough oestrogen, that's why my lining never thickened. It's been something I've argued in every single FET. I mean, aren't women on the pill advised to use additional contraception if they have diarrhoea, vomiting etc simply b/c it won't be adequately absorbed! Not rocket science! I actually think they're a little :scared: now that all these things will be brought to light with the Consultant, when my/our pleas for change have previously been ignored or brushed off. Anyhoo......sorry for rambling on. Way too much about me :O I popped in to see all of YOU!! Can't stay away :innocent: Thinking of you all and keeping my holmes out for all of you [zx108]

Loads of love blowkiss
xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF/ICSI OHSS (no transfer)
FET#1 Oct08 :BFP: ,Twins! m/c Dec08 :bawl:
FET#2 :BFN:
FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET #5 :BFN:
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!
FET #7(June '11) :BFP: Early m/c :bawl:
FET #8 (August '11) :BFN:

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 10:57pm

Hello Pixie!

Lovely to see you back and thanks for your encouraging words once again. I have also been trying to stay positive and think about the things in life that we should be thankful for...it does put things into perspective for a bit.
You are sooooo right about the absorption - it seems ridiculous that they wouldn't take that into account. I hope you are keeping a diary that you can give to them with a recommended course of treatment for the next time!

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 11:09pm

Hi Pinkdaisy [zx127] I'm glad you got out tonight but I'm sorry you also had to hear all the baby/pg chatter too, fresh on the heels of your own loss :sadface: And BFN's are a loss too, because you know when those miniscule embryos were transferred, they were very much alive and even although they didn't implant or become babies, you're still grieving the loss of a dream which could have turned out very differently. That is so very hard hon. It sounds as though you have a wonderfully supportive family though, which I'm sure must help, at least in terms of knowing you have others looking out for you and feeling for you. Can you believe I've still not had my wine!! DH doesn't/can't drink (he has epilepsy), so I'm waiting until the weekend to go out with the girls and let my hair down in style :pout I chose the wrong time to be off work since most of my friends went back to work yesterday and drinking alone doesn't do much for me :P Oh and re: keeping a diary, I've compiled my very own FET drug protocol(s) to give to the Consultant on 21st and see what she makes of it (talk about being bold and arrogant :snigger: ) Take good care hon and yes I'd still love a meet-up in Silverburn or wherever if anyone else fancies it too? :listen

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF/ICSI OHSS (no transfer)
FET#1 Oct08 :BFP: ,Twins! m/c Dec08 :bawl:
FET#2 :BFN:
FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET #5 :BFN:
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!
FET #7(June '11) :BFP: Early m/c :bawl:
FET #8 (August '11) :BFN:

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 8:05am

hey pinkdaisy, i am so sorry to hear about your result. i dont know how you had to the strength to go out, i would have just wanted to hide under the duvet and shut everyone out... your a strong woman! keep this in mind and be head strong for the next tx. hope you and DH are okay and take the time to get through this xx

hey pixie - nice to see you back! thanks for the kick up the bum i will phone them this morning! pixie orders!! but dont feel mad, i have had time to accept it and like christine says it gives me the head space and time to get ready. (wow that was pretty sensible for me!!)

shirlz and rosey - sending you lots of :sticky:

weeyin - am in for ICSI too, provisional date of the 9th june for baseline scan bt whn the [zx245] comes i have to phone and they might re-jiggle it - just like yours.

and just to give you all a wee laff - DH had to leave extra early this morning for work (hence why i am on here at 7.45am!!) so i decided to lie on the couch and watch tv, i niped up stairs to go to the loo and was thinking of all the times my sister in law used to fall down the stairs when she was pregnant (shes a walking hazard) when BANG! :scared: my foot slipped and i fell ALL the way down and landed at the bottom! OMG my bum hurts SO BAD!!! strangely enough i didnt think falling down stairs would hurt so much?!?! :tears: i can laff about it now but i feel a big bad bruise coming on!!!
Confused.com

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 9:14am

So sorry to hesr your result Pinkdaisy, hope you and DH are doing ok xxx

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 9:15am

Icsi. good to hear from you again, how are you doing? I would be up for a meet up, would be great to put some faces to names! xxx

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 11:04am

Hi everyone Pixie its good to see that you feel able to come back on. I hope when you have your meeting that they actually listen to you. Confused you made me laugh the thought of you falling down the stairs. Hope that you are ok and that yuor bum isn't too sore. Pinkdaisy glad that you managed to go out and I think you managed really well. Flowerpower hope that your BP is settling down and that yuo manage to get to yuor class the next time it's on.
Hi to everyone else need to go little man woken up

Christine xxx

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 12:33pm

Thanks girls,

You've all sent me off again with your lovely words and thoughts.

Oh Confused, OUCH! Hope you're a bit better now. A perfect excuse to stay on the couch!

How you doing Shirlz and Rosey? Shirlz - a special thanks for all your support over the last couple of days - you've been a star!

I'm up for coffee any time next week as I'm on hols. I've already organised a couple of coffees with friends but would be glad to fit something in somewhere.

As you say Flowerpower, it would be good to put some faces to names!

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 1:15pm

Hi I'm up for a coffee or something next week.

xx