You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "weeyin" is 40 years old today

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Friday, April 16th 2010, 12:23pm

Hi Girls, just popping by quickly while Ive grabbed a quick sneaky 5 minutes at work. Im a maybe yes/maybe no for Sunday, as Im going out into town tm night, and have a feeing its gonny be a messy one !!!

Have a great weekend everyone, and lets hope this sunshine keeps up.

Confused - mind keep me up to date with the ink :)

Wee Yin xx

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Friday, April 16th 2010, 3:03pm

Me again!
Rite girlies, getting myself all stressed out here. Ive been doin a lot of reading today, and have noticed a lot of you talking about giving up
drinking and also caffeine !
When I was first at the hospital, the nurse didnt say anythin to us about quitting either (althou Im gonny stop drinking once I get my
protstap inj), so Im a bit worried now that me and DH arent really preparing ouselves properly.
As its ICSI were going for, should DH be quitting all this too??? Not that were a couple of alkies or anythin btw, just we like goin out of a
Saturday night :)
And if were not out, were at home drinking tea like its goin out of fashion!
What did youze do, cos Im getting myself in a tizzy and all I can think about is havin a nice cold beer to chillax - HELPPP ?????

xx

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Friday, April 16th 2010, 4:14pm

Hi all,

Weeyin - yes I stopped drinking altogether and tried to limit my caffeine intake - switched to decaf. DH has switched to caffeine free coke...he can't give up coke - he's hopeless!
I think you just want to give yourself the best chance possible, but when you think of all the folk that get pregnant on a drunken night out....???

Julz - come on left side!!

Pixie - Yes Dr Lyall - is there no point in getting away from work early then??!! I wonder if we are directly after you or if there is someone else in between? We usually sit in the corridor so say hello if you see us! Hope you're feeling better now too and over the bug.

Liz - hope you're ok?

Just called GCRM and was quoted approx £5000 - eek!! They can take us mid June so will need to wait and see what hosp say on Wed.

Don't want to miss out on meeting up with you guys so please keep me in the loop and I will see what I can do...if not this time then def next time.

xx

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Friday, April 16th 2010, 7:04pm

Hi lovely ladies, just a quick one since I'm heading out to a 50th with DH shortly (in my new frock which is a tad short, me thinks I'm looking a bit mutton as lamb :innocent: ) :pout

Julz-- glad all is on track, even if your scan was slightly premature I'm sure it gave you peace of mind rather than worrying over the weekend. Your lining sounds fine at this stage especially in correlation with the rate of growth to your follies so looks like all is well and hopefully you didn't get the phone call and can cook those follies a little longer over the weekend :happy:

Pinkdaisy-- will you be wearing a pink carnation so I know who to look out for on Wed? :listen I'm SO glad you have Dr Lyall too, she's top rated and campaigns for equity of treatment for ALL whether NHS or private so I'm liking the sound of her already. I'm hoping she may come up with some marvelous protocol so I don't have to switch to GCRM (where she also works incidentally). Plus she really knows her stuff. I have a few A4 sheets to get through so there may be nobody in between our appt and yours :snigger:

Wee Yin-- everyone has a different opinion on this but I'd say you probably want to try and get your body into the best condition possible for Tx. Even samll changes help, like switching every cup of caffeinated coffee or coke for decaf/caffeine free. through Tx I generally stick with the no alcohol rule, but do allow myself the odd glass of wine here and there. Also try to invest if you haven't already in a good multivitamin, eg Pregnancare plus or at the very minimum take folic acid which is essential in preparing your body for any potential pg. Your DH should probably be paying more attention than you to his diet/caffeine/alcohol intake since ideally he wants his swimmers to be as good as they possibly can be when you have your EC. No point in you going through all the injections, scans, EC for nothing. It takes two and DH needs to play his part too. Make sure you both relax about it too though. A few drinks here and there wont hurt. Have a lovely weekend [zx127]

Re: the meet-up. I can be there between 1-1.30 on Sunday but still not 100% sure if I'll manage the time off, but will try my utmost! We just need a meeting place now? Shall we say Starbucks and we can either stay or move on from there? Just whatever suits everyone else!

Have a lovely evening all and a great Saturday blowkiss

xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF/ICSI OHSS (no transfer)
FET#1 Oct08 :BFP: ,Twins! m/c Dec08 :bawl:
FET#2 :BFN:
FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET #5 :BFN:
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!
FET #7(June '11) :BFP: Early m/c :bawl:
FET #8 (August '11) :BFN:

United Kingdom

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Friday, April 16th 2010, 7:05pm

and I said it would just be a quick one :snigger: I actually type very fast so it was quick in that sense! :innocent:

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Friday, April 16th 2010, 7:43pm

Pixie - I've just seen a lovely dress in Boden with pink daisies on it....I should def get it!! Shame there's a 10 WEEK delay on it!
Enjoy your night - it's a lovely evening for a short frock.

x

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Friday, April 16th 2010, 8:21pm

Hi girls glad to see everybody seems to be going well. Julz I hope that your left ovary wakes up and starts reacting to the drugs and doing what it is supposed to do ready for next week. I'm OK for 1-1.30 at starbucks just say what time and I'll be there. So looking forward to meeting some of you. I'll look back later or tomorrow and see for def where and when we are meeting.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Friday, April 16th 2010, 8:36pm

Right, I'm gonna stick my neck out and get this organised, hey that's what I do for a living might as well!

So GLASGOW MEET - SUNDAY 18TH APRIL - AT STARBUCKS DOOR AT 1300 (SILVERBURN)

Who's in:
Julz
Christine
ICSI - (Gonna try)
Flowerpower (you still in)
Pinkdaisy (gonna try)

Anyone else that can make it?

Jx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Friday, April 16th 2010, 10:27pm

Well done Julz!! I really hope to be there - feels like a blind date!
x

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Friday, April 16th 2010, 11:31pm

Hi will deffo be there

xx

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 2:48pm

Hey weeyin- Don't be worrying yourself about all the caffeine etc. For me, I continued with all forms of caffeine throughout my treatment and ony switched to decaf once I found out I was pregnant (decaf is so tasteless so was avoiding it for as long as possible). Even in pregnancy, you can still take in a fair amount of caffeine if you want before you reach the recommended limit which is 200mg a day (equivalent to 4 cans of coke). I stopped drinking alcohol shortly after the prostap injection but the nurses say that you don't have to really until ET but I guess thats up to you. As for the DH, mine stopped drinking at the same time as me, mainly out of sympathy but we thought it couldn't hurt. Dunno how much difference it would've made to be honest. He continued caffeine as normal but made him take zinc and selenium tablets. I kinda think that the scientist people are gonna search through the sample for the good ones anyway.

ICSI- hope you get somewhere with Dr Lyall and they get you organised with something that's gonna work. Thing is, you'd assume that they should be able to offer the same level of expertise and treatment options whether your at the GRI or GCRM, especially when it's the same consultant.

Pinkdaisy- Hope you get some answers too. £5000....gulp!!! That's a lot. Why is it that you're thinking of the GCRM? Don't you have any more NHS tries?

Sorry can't join you girls this weekend but have a lovely time.
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 6:18pm

Thanks for all the info guys. Im defo quitting alcohol thou once I get prostap, and I hope DH is gonny too. I think Im gonny be more gutted about giving up exercise, Im at gym classes nearly every day !!! I'll just need to hope the sun keeps shining so I can go for long walks, via a beer garden :)

Have a nice weekend girls xx

curlysue

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 6:26pm

Hi girls

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this fabulous weather. I was hoping to meet up with you girls Sunday but unfortunately i forgot it's my friends mum's 1st anniversary tomorrow so need to be around for her. Maybe next time. Hope you all have a great time.

Sending you all lots of babydust

blowkiss

Curlysue xxx

Curlysue

ttc 3 years
1st ICSI - Sept 2009 :BFN:
2nd ICSI - Feb 2010 :BFP:
1 healthy [zx076] seen 22nd March 2010

United Kingdom

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 10:40pm

Hi girls, just a quick one. Will try my absolute best for tomorrow. Can't commit 100% but I'll try to be there. Time and place noted biggrin2

Hope you're all having a lovely Saturday blowkiss

xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

DaffyMan

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 11:15pm

Hi all,

Caffiene & alcohol - I cut them out almost totally (only had a tea if I got to work half asleep)

Meetup - flowerpower isn't feeling too great at the mo (these babies are giving her a hard time). We'll see how she feels tomorrow as to whether she/we come to the meet.

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 10:02am

hey ladies, i hope your all well, i have been following your posts from my phone but now i cant remember what i have read.

had the week from hell this week with a very close friend choosing to take her own life, i still cant get over it, i dont know if i ever will. i dont know why and its just changed my whole outlook on life. DH has been my rock just now but i cant see the wood for the trees. i still dont know what to say... going to the tattoo show the day to try and take my mind off it but i am all for just staying in bed, i know DH is trying.

i hope the meet goes well ladies. thinking of you all

xxx
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 10:08am

Confused - that is awful news. I can't imagine how you must be feeling...hurt, confused, angry. What a terrible thing to happen.
Good that DH is looking after you and you are getting out today.
Would have been lovely to meet up, but maybe another time when you are up this way.
Thinking of you.
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Julz

Ace

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 10:43am

Morning,

Oh Condused, a so sorry to read this, I know there aren't any words that can make it better. And nothing you can do can change it so please just try and remember the good times that you had together. She wouldn't want you to be upset and I know it's hard (I too know people who have done this) but I feel in this situation that the best thing that you can do is what they couldn't, live your life to the full, appreciate everything and everyone you have in it and live theirs for them if you know what I mean.

Anyway, hope DH is taking care of you and that the tatoo fair takes your mind off it. Hang in there hon.

Hello everyone else.

RE MEET - Update

Julz
Christine
Pink Daisy (will try)
ICSI (will try)
Flowerpower (will try)

Anyone else? Worst case Christine it will be me you and adam! ;)
So let's just meet at the front door and will wait there for a bit but as many may not make it shall we say we will gather upstairs? How to look out for each other (not dressed yet so not sure what I'll be wearing ;) ) but I have strawberry blonde/reddy hair just below my shoulders. Christine has short hair and will have a baby, key give away! Any other clues to recognise people, I expect flowerpower you will be with bump!!

Looking forward to it ladies!!! Hope you can all make it!

Jxx

DaffyMan

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 11:52am

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately flowerpower definitely won't be making it today.

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 7:22pm

Hi Girls- Hope your meet up went well today, any gossip???

Confused- That is so awful, don't know what to say. Someone so young too, it really is so sad.

Weeyin- I exercised right up until EC and I was doing allsorts- spin, body pump/combat/attack and running etc. There's really no need to give it up unless of course you're not feeling up to it. I only stopped exercising cause had quite a lot of pain after the EC and then once the wee embryos were put in, you feel a bit protective and the stupid part of you thinks they will fall out. haha.

Daffyman- hope you're looking after that lovely wife of yours, send her my love and hope she's better soon.
Pinkchick

DaffyMan

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 7:41pm

Pinkchick - am doing. Have passed on your message and we're trying to keep her gestational diabetes in check and hoping the checkup on Wednesday doesn't turn into another hospital admission (or worse, delivery!).

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 7:44pm

Hi Girls,

Sorry you couldn't make it today Flowerpower and I hope you're feeling ok?

It was really lovely to meet up with Christine and Julz today and of course the gorgeous little Adam who slept....like a baby!
Hope we get to do it again and a few others can make it next time too.

Back to work for me tomorrow so need to go and get some ironing and organising done.

Follow up appt Wed, so better start making some notes.

Hope everyone is well, have a good week!

Good luck tomorrow Julz!

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pinkdaisy" (Apr 18th 2010, 7:46pm)

Reg: Feb 24th 2010

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 8:50pm

Hi ladies

Hope you enjoyed your meet up today and are all keeping well!

Confused...so sorry to hear about your friend.

Tracey my cycle buddy...how are you getting on?

Hubby hasnt passed any remarks recently regarding my temper tantrums so hormones must have calmed down a bit,,either that or heis too scared to say anything :snigger:

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 10:30pm

Hi Ladies hope you're all well...have been reading all your posts but by the time i go to leave a comment my mind goes blank. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Confused - I'm so sorry to hear bout your friend thinking of you. I lost my uncle the same way 11 years ago and we don't know why. I'll be honest you never get over something like that but you do learn to live with it. Hope you get through this and i'm glad your hubby is there for you. Take care.

Flowerpower - I hope you feel better soon.

Sending lots of babydust babydust and :sticky: for you all.
First ICSI
Jan/Feb 2010
EC 18/02/10
ET 20/02/10
05/03/10 :BFP:

1 Healthy [zx076] seen 08/04/10 9wks1day

Monday, April 19th 2010, 11:46am

hey ladies

happy monday!!

thanks for all your comments, its like having a second family xx i seem to be having high and low days, one minute i am seizing the day and living life and the next i dont want to get out of bed. i am back to work today, it takes my mind off things and keeps me busy. still got another 2 weeks til AF and then i can phone the lovely GRI and get on the rollercoaster.

so how is everyone? where are you all in tx?

how did the meet go? its funny because when your on here - i always imagine what folk are like - particulary in the waiting rooms, i didnt imagine julz to have strawberry blonde hair - i thought you were a brunette! and i imagined christine to have curly hair not short!! ha a ken wee yin is a purple nutter like me but thats only cuz she said before.

hope your all okay ladies

xx
Confused.com

Julz

Ace

Monday, April 19th 2010, 6:04pm

Hi ladies,

How are we all today?

Christine and Pinkdaisy - lovely to see you yesterday and lil Adam of course who was an angel. will need to get cuddles next time.Always nice to meet people who know what you are going through. I mentioned to nurse Janice that I had met up with a couple others that were going through tx and she was so surprised! It was hilarious, but I didn't go into any details other than a few of us met up.

Confused - glad you are feeling a bit better. :Hugs:

Jules - nice to see you, hope you and bump are doing well!

Waves to everyone else - hope you are all having a nice monday, well as nice as Mondays can be anyway!

AFM - scan and bloods this morning and here we go.

Right:
1x 18
1x 15
1 x 13
1x 12
1x +

Left:
BUGGER ALL!!!!
Maybe a +, they had a real time of it trying to find it. My left one always hides and my bowel always gets in the way, but they normally are able to prod about and find it. Grr. Anyway bloods came back at 994 so no trigger tonight for me. One more stim tomorrow morning, trigger at 9pm tomorrow and then insem at 11am on Thurs. So here we go. Quite pleased with the dates cause super busy at work so means that I can get more done before being off but then still have the weekend to chill. But a bit disappointed that there was only one follie really. Helen said that it was ok and it was actually better for them (i know with IUI they only like to have one or two but I was kinda hoping for two really to give me a better shot, especially since last time I had three.) Oh well, just a lot of pressure on this one wee follie. Come on, you can do it!! we believe in you! As Helen says and as Christine always reminds us, it only takes one. So keeping everything crossed. Trying the old pineapple juice too! Oh and lining was up at 8. something, so happier about that, up from 6.4 on Friday.

Anyhoo.. little bit more work to do then heading home.

Jx

Monday, April 19th 2010, 8:25pm

Julz I know it's not the news you wanted but it is still good news. I will have everything crossed for you on Thurs and I hope that all goes well and that you get a BFP this time round. It was great to meet you and Pinkdaisy on Sun and I hope that we can meet again and that there will be more of us the next time. I hope that Adam is awake when we next meet. I hope that everyone else is doing well and that Pixie and Pinkdaisy get the answers that they are looking for on Wed and that Shirlz gets some satifaction on Thurs when you all have your reviews. Confused I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, she must have been in a bad place to do something like that. I hope that you can try and remember the good times that you had together. Flowerpower I hope that you are feeling a bit better and that DH is looking after you well. Hi to everyone that I haven't mentioned. AFM not much happening Adam a bit grouchy today but then what do I expect from an 11 week old. Now in bed sleeping and hopefully DH will get up with him in the am and give me a longer lie.

Christine xx

Monday, April 19th 2010, 8:45pm

Evening all!

Back to work today and boy am I grumpy tonight.....soooooo much to do this term! Been working since I got home so having a wee break to see how you all are.

Julz - doesn't sound so bad, as Christine says, it only.......(!) Seriously though, that's great if you're booked in for Thurs, feet up and chill over the weekend and fingers crossed!

Confused - you sound a bit brighter today, that's good. I keep getting messages to my email from confused.com for car and house insurance and it's really weird...I keep thinking it's you! Only 2 weeks to go - not long now.

Hi Christine - hope you get that lie in tomorrow - bliss!

Clarabell - you and DH sound like me and mine....poor soul is quite often too scared to say anything when my hormones kick in. The weird thing is that I was actually better on the tx. I'm feeling more wound up again now I'm back to my usual self.

Hi to Jules, Pinkchick, Pixie and Flowerpower...still no word from Rosey?

Anyway, just saying hi. I really need to write my questions down for Wed. Will get a cuppa and do it when Corrie is finished.
Night everyone.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Monday, April 19th 2010, 9:10pm

New to this

Hey there, not quite sure what I should be writing on here. New to the site and thought I would have a wee look to see if anyone in same position as me. Just had my first egg retrieval today so currently crossing everything that we at least get a couple. Been through IUI three times and it wasn't successful so now feel as if onto the next stage.
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Monday, April 19th 2010, 9:48pm

hey bushbaby, welcome to the GRI!

I am sorry to hear your IUI wasnt successfull. ru on ICSI now? xx
Confused.com

Reg: Aug 16th 2009

Children: None

Monday, April 19th 2010, 10:42pm

ICSI – Good luck on Wednesday for your review. I hope you manage to make them listen to your theories, I have no doubt they are totally spot on. In fact I think you should offer yourself out as a fertility consultant as you really know your stuff. It’s quite scary to think how little we knew about our bodies prior to tx, talk about a learning curve!!

Pinkdaisy – Definitely write everything down before you go. Every time I leave thinking I forgot to ask something or other and that is only a brief meeting with a nurse!! I hope you get all the answers you are looking for.

Confused – Sorry to hear about your friend. A family friend killed himself two weeks ago too. He was depressed and determined, so little we could do. I try to believe he is at peace now and not having a daily battle with his demons; it helps me accept it more.

Weeyin – Not long to go now. I imagine you are experiencing every emotion possible now. Just try to enjoy your last few vinos before tx. :wine:

Julz – I only have one ovary, so I have to totally rely on it stepping up and doing the business. Your follies are better than any I have had, so don’t be disappointed. You only need one and I would be delighted to have your line up at this stage!! Think PMA!!

Bushbaby – Welcome to GRI. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you. Let us know how you get on.

Clarabell – I am the same as Pinkdaisy, I actually think I was calmer on the tx than normal. My DP certainly didn’t complain. What stage are you at now?

Shirlz – Great news about the funding. Hope you get to start ASAP!! :party:

AFM – I have been reading all your posts but not posting. I had to take a wee step away from everything TTC. I did try the other day to post but lost everything I wrote and was soo annoyed I just logged out!! :rant: Anyway I got a BFN on my 3rd and last IUI and am now awaiting my letter to move on to IVF. I should hopefully be top of the list in a couple of weeks but will probably call them at end of week to check that I am in the right pile. I am happy to have a wee break from tx. I was on drugs for 6 months solid there not to mention having to snuff 7am and 11pm. So it is nice to have a few lie ins and early nights. I was pretty much off alcohol the whole time, so when I had two morgans the other day I was flying? :drunk: Talk about a cheap date. I will try not to be a stranger but not much to say til things kick off again.

Good luck to everyone starting and having tx babydust

Rosey Toes
xfingers
newshy Rosey toes

1st IUI (Dec 2009) - :BFN:
2nd IUI (Feb 2010) - :BFN:
3rd IUI (Mar 2010) - :BFN:

IVF - POSTRAP 29th July 2010
xfingers babydust

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 8:14am

Hey everyone, after three failed attempts at IUI I've just started the IVF process. I had my first egg retrieval yesterday where they got a dozen eggs and I now feel like a chicken lol. I've to contact the GRI today to see how they're doing and to see when I'm back in for implantation. After the rollercoaster of drugs and everything with IUI it feels as if this has came around much quicker and I'm feeling a wee bit more positive about things. Last year was awful and I don't know how many times I cried and told people they didn't understand bigcloud But hey ho. My little sister also got pregnant last year on an unplanned basis and I found that really difficult to cope with as kept looking at her and thinking that should be me as AM and me been trying for five years and keep getting told that there's nothing wrong with him or me. Sometimes wished last year that they would find something and then at least that could have been fixed. Yeah so last year was difficult and I became a bitch from hell to live with so it was almost a relief when the IUI was finally over so I know where you're coming from Rosey but as I said feeling a lot more postive this time around. xx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 7:46pm

Hi Bushbaby- :wave: Welcome to the chat. That's such a shame when you have been trying for so long with just a useless diagnosis of 'unexplained infertility'. At least this way, they cut out all the middle part and put those fertilised eggs right where they need to be. That's great they got 12 eggs, Did you phone this morning to find out how many fertilised? Are they planning to put 1 or 2 embryos back?

Pinkdaisy, ICSI and Shirlz- Good luck with your review appointments.
Pinkchick

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 8:05pm

Thanks Pinkchick, I need to get my list written tonight so I feel organised tomorrow.

Welcome Bushbaby! Wow, 12 is fantastic! [zx126] How did you get on today? You'll love it on here because everyone DOES understand and it makes such a big difference to what we're all going through.

Rosey - welcome back, it's good to see you, smile2 we were getting worried about you! Sorry to hear about your last IUI but you sound raring to go with the IVF - hope you can get started soon...after you've had a wee drinks break of course.

Confused, Christine, Julz, Jules, Shirlz, hope you're all well. high5 Julz are you triggering tonight? Good luck if you are!

Pixie, :goodluck: tomorrow. We usually sit out the way in the corridor but if the waiting room is empty we will be in there - maybe see you in the crossover.

:xxx3:

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 8:15pm

Welcome Bushbaby I hope that you got good news when you phoned today and that ET goes well when it happens. I hope that all goes well for you girls in for your reviews tomorrow and Thurs. Julz hope trigger shot goes ok tonigh and then all the best for Thurs. Rosey good to see that you are back and that you don't have to wait too long to start your IVF. I will be thinking of you all over the next couple of days. Hi to everyone that I haven't mentioned.

Christine xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 12:36pm

pixie and pinkdaisy good luck for your appointments i hope you get all your questions answered and can come away feeling better with a fantastic protocol for next time

bush baby hope that phonecall went well and you are to be pupo asap

hi to everyone else, i hope you are well

xXx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 1:08pm

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is well xx

Julz is it today your having your IUI? if so good luck i will keep my fingers crossed for you xfingers xx

Shirlz how are you? Pixie and Pink daisy hope all goes well today xxxx :smile:

Hi Bushbaby how are you and welcome, I know where your coming form with the label of unexplained infertlility as I to have been told this. I am currently awaiting my third IUI xx Its great you got 12 eggs and are feeling alot more confident xxx

Hi to everyone else I have missed xxx

Nothing much to report here still waiting on AF to arrive after taking my provera tablets last,. week starting to become really worried that they are not going to come and I will never get my linning thin enough for my IUI which should have been today, if everything had went according to plan ;( Has this ever happened to anyone else ?

Take care and chat soon xxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 5:54pm

Hey everyone, how are we all?

:hello: and welcome bushbaby.

Confused - how you keeping, hope your doing ok chick xx missing you funny chit chat

Pinkdaisy and Pixie - did you manage to meet today?? Hope you got all your questions answered.

Shirlz - how you feeling?

Roseytoes - good to see you back and sorry you got a BFN again, Im hoping and praying that the IVF works for you, you defo deserve a BFP.

Christine - hope little Adam is keeping you busy

Everyone else hope your all doin good [zx108]

Is it just me or do you feel its s bit quiet on here recently. sshh Dont know if its cos they split the GRI threads or what, but just seems kinda strange.

AFM !!! Yipppeeeeee - finally Im off the starting block !!! happydance happydance happydance The old [zx245] arrived this morning, so I have been given date of 11th May for prostap injection. Was a bit mixed emotions earlier on today, I was as high as a kite, but also feeling a bit nervous and shaky. 1st scan is then on 27th May.
Now I just need to focus on telling our parents. We havent told them yet as we thought we would leave it until we actually got def dates, just incase we maybe managed to conceive naturally....never mind. I would say Im close to my mum but have never really chatted to them about serious stuff if you like - any tips on the best way to tell them [zx120]

Im away the long weekend with a friend, so Im glad the flights are back on, and also that I can sorta relax and enjoy myself knowing that Im all booked up! This is definately my last and final blow out :cheers2:

Anyhoo, if I dont get back on this weekend, hope your all well and have a gr8 weekend.

grouphug

Julz

Ace

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 7:41pm

hi ladies,

Sorry i haven't been on, been super busy, just in from work. Trigger was last night and iui tomorrow, tbh have had no time to think about it cause workis so busy so now tryint to relax and prepare myself. A bit nervous.

Anyhoo.. i hope Pinkdaisy, Shirlz, Icsi you are all getting the answers that you want.

Gotta run and get dinner, hope you are all well!!!

Jxx

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 8:14pm

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.
Well, we were kept waiting a whole hour and then we were in and out in 10 mins! :huh:
Dr was really nice and she reckoned that our cycle had gone very well but suggests we up the stims the next time to try for more follicles as 7 is slightly below average. She also noted our comment that 23 days DR was not a good move (for me) and we hope that this will be shorter next time - no promises though. We also asked about the transfer - the embryos getting stuck in the catheter - and she said this can happen but is not that common, we'd been unlucky but it shouldn't have any impact on results - but I'm still not convinced about that one...anyway....
we can try again in July but the only prob is that the suite is having a makeover and will prob shut for 2 weeks in July which is a bit of a bummer, so I need to call next week to see what the story is. So much for doing it all in the school hols! :thumbdown:
Pixie - how did you get on? Didn't see you. :sadface:
Julz - good that you've been busy - takes your mind off things. Good luck for tomorrow, feet up Mrs! xfingers
Weeyin - Yeah! You're off and running, not long til first jag. Maybe you could go out for a coffee with your mum or a nice walk somewhere? I don't know what to suggest as I tell my mum almost everything so she's known from the start. I'm sure she'll be very supportive so don't you be worrying your wee (purple?!) head about it! [zx127]
Liz - Hi there, nice to see you, haven't seen you in a while.
Shirlz - good luck for tomorrow, sock it to them!!
Bushbaby - any news?
Christine - did you get that lie in?
Rosey and Confused- hello!
I bet I've missed someone...oh well, hello to you all!
Off to do some work - will pop in later.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 8:19pm

Hi ladies, sorry not been on in ages and sorry didn't make the meet up. Been totally swamped with work; had our review appt today and off to Wales with DH at 6am tomorrow for a wedding and a burial. I seriously need time to breathe!

Julz-- wishing you loads of good luck tomorrow and everything crossed for a BFP outcome in 2weeks!

Roseytoes-- I'm so very sorry for your news hon. I totally understand you needing time out too. Thinking of you.

Confused-- I'm so sorry about your friend. It's one of those devastating experiences which life has no answers to, but I hope you can hold on to some of the happier memories you shared together . They will never fill the void where your friend is missing but I hope they bring you some much needed comfort. My heart goes out to you.

Liz-- hoping your AF shows soon. Setbacks are so frustrating hon. Hopefully the Provera will do the trick and your body will soon be on track.

Wee Yin-- Great news you have a start date!! Been a long time coming too! I hope that helps you stay focused and positive meantime!

Shirlz-- thanks for all your texts and support today hon, you've been an absolute star. Hope your follow up goes well tomorrow, please text and let me know how it goes even tho I'll be stuck on a train somewhere between Glasgow and Cardiff!

Pinkdaisy-- how did you get on with Dr L today?

Welcome Bushbaby!

AFM-- Appt went well. The thing I really liked about Dr L was that she didn't pretend to have all the answers. She went through all my Txs to date very thoroughly, looked up and said "you know, you're not a difficult case.....you're a challenge, but not a difficult one and there's lots of hope for you". What a breath of fresh air to hear that! We asked if we'd have better Tx if we went privately and she immediately shook her head and said "absolutely not, we'll make sure we draw up something which works with your body". More music to my ears! I had a load of different Qn's for her and she asked if I would mind waiting for a week or two as she wanted to discuss my case with one of her good friends and colleagues to draw up the best protocol without using D/R meds. It looks likely though that we're going to try the same protocol as for a fresh ICSI, with a far smaller amount of stims etc, just enough to make me produce a nice follie or two which will also deal with my lining issues at the same time, and then do the frozen Embryo Transfer from there. She's also arranging an appt with us with the head embryologist to discuss blastocyst and other options. DH & I have talked things over a lot lately and whatever the outcome even of the new protocol, I'm going to take some time out from Tx to give my body and head a break. Can't really put a time limit on these things but since we have lots of work on and a house to try and sell meantime, we're probably looking at 6months, perhaps longer. I feel totally at peace with the decision and DH supports me all the way. Will still be checking in on you all of course, can't get rid of me that easily, lol! Meantime, gotta go and pack, to catch this train in the morn. Majorly busy week ahead! P.S. If anyone's on Facebook and you want to add me there, there's prob more chance of keeping in contact with me there right now than here. Just send me a PM and I'll get back to you when I can! Sorry no time for smilies tonight! Love to all you lovely ladies. Mwah, mwah.

Pixie
xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 8:27pm

We posted at the same time Pinkdaisy. Re the catheter-- on our one and only BFP cycle they had to change catheters and it didn't affect the outcome. Our appt was fairly quick too, well as in no more than 30mins, but I talk fast, lol!! Dr L reminded me of my own GP, well she dresses like my GP and has the same short hairstyle. Nice lady we thought. I'm glad you have a ne plan for next time. There were a few couples waiting while we were. We got taken at around 2.45, so 30mins late. I was wearing smart grey trousers and a nude/cream flowery cardigan. DH has an army haircut! We were sitting right at the window facing everyone coming in. DH's choice, not mine! I'm usually hiding in a corner! I have shoulder length dark red/brown curly hair (tho it was wavy today with ghd waves!). Don't know if you saw us or not?

xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 8:39pm

Pixie - we weren't there until about 3.20 so would only maybe have seen you coming out...probably passed each other in the corridor! DH was suited and booted and I had a short, brownish jacket on, long dark hair and we're both quite tall. Shame we missed you!
x

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 9:52am

Happy Thursday ladies!! :hello:

only one more day till the weekend :weehee:

pinkdaisy - good to hear you had your appt, crap that they kept you waiting to only be in 10 mins - thats like our last 3 appts, it takes over an hour to get up there for a 10 min appt and over an hour to get back home!! i hope got all your questions answered, and July's not too far away now, roll on the summer!! that would be nice for a wee may baby xx

pixie - it sounds like you had a really good appt with Dr L, finally at last!! you sound really peacefull and happy with the way things are going and thats good, gives you time to have a rest and get back to pre-treatment pixie!! and just in time for summer!! (can you tell i love summer???? lurve )

julz - good luck for today - sending you lots of :sticky:

and hows my wee purple haired tattood nutter?? high5 thats :goodnews: about you getting started!!! FINALLY!!! yeeehhaaa!!! clap am fair chuffed for ya hun bigkiss

rosey i am so sorry to hear about your last IUI, but you sound much more positive about IVF, i hav a good feeling about it for you xx

hey liz, bushbaby, shirlz, christine, pinkchick, flowerpower + daffyman, curleysue, littlemissdee, judgejules and to all the other lovely ladies xxxxxx

AFM - just waiting on my may [zx245] which i am hoping should b around the 3rd may and then phone the clinic to get exact dates, i have a provisional date for a baseline on the 9th june. i have been so busy with work recently i havent had the time to reply on here, but i have been keeping up on my phone. it has been quiet on here recently.... well only 4 days till the long awaited madonna episode of GLEE - excited doesnt cut the mustard!! woohooo!!

you took the word out of my mouth pixie re facebook, i doubt i will have the opportunity to come along the meet ups, so i would be happy to chat via facebook too, pm me and i will give you my name/or vice versa, then you can see my wacky dress sense (and my tattoo's wee yin!!) haha

have a nice day!!! xxx [zx022]
Confused.com

DaffyMan

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 11:00am

Hi pixie, pink, julz, etc, for any of you who wish to know flowerpower's current status please look at the end of the GRI pregnancy chat or PM me.

Julz

Ace

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 4:18pm

hi ladies,

Well didn't go quite as we planned unfortunately but hey. DH only had 10% moving so no great but hey it only takes one. Hoping it was a one off as his last one was 46%. But everything else went fine, so just hoping one of those boys can catch that egg. We are sending them strong thoughts to be determined! So that's me off now with my pessaries to start on Sunday. And they gave me some extra as well. So just gotta get through the next 2wks! I don't know if you can count as being PUPO with IUI cause you don't ever know that it has fertilised, but hey I'm hoping! They said if this doesn't work they will reassess and see if it's worth me having another shot or not. Come on boys and girls, go get jiggy with it!!!

Helen did the procedure which was good since she was the last one that I saw. But DH and I are having a debate, is there a nurse Helen as well as Dr L? Helen that did our last two scans, very nice chatty, but I tought that was a nurse but then she gave us the letter for our GP today (Pinkdaisy/Christine, I got the letter! After our chat about it but they deff didn'tgive me one last time.) anyway, it was signed dr h lyall, dh thought it was her that signed it but i think it was a pre signed one. So basically is Helen thatalso does the scans a nurse, or is that dr L? Anyone solve this argument between DH and I? Anyway, she was very nice and comforting as was the other nurse. So we were home by 1200 and dh bless him went and got me a takeaway wagamamas cause I was a bit down. Then we climbed back into bed for a cuddle and only just woke up about half an hour ago! Off in a min to collect my godson and get cuddles from him too then accu. Thankfully off work tomorrow so have a day of DVDs and daytime tv planned and no cleaning!!!

Daffyman - sorry to hear about flowerpower, send her our love, hope everything goes ok and los arrive safetly, we will be thinking of you all.

Confused - come on :witch: arrive so confused can get going!!!

Pinkdaisy/ICSI - sounds like both your appts went well and you have a new plan. ICSI - totally understand you need some time out, don't blame you, you know where we are though if you need us! I really am hoping that we all get to move on from here soon, it seems that there have been a few of us that have been hanging around for too long, time that fairy made an appearance on our board!

Waves to everyone else!

Love luck and babydust!

Jxx

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 5:38pm

Hello there

Hello there everyone, hope you are all well. Well after having a dozen eggs collected ten were fertilised and we were over the moon as this was the first time we've undergone IVF and you don't know quite what to expect. Therefore, I was bitterly disappointed this morning when I was told that we could only go forward with two embryos. I had convinced myself that the rest would all be frozen to be used at another time but apparently this is not the norm. Anyways on the positive note two were implanted this afternoon which were a 7 and an 8 so everything is crossed and I need to start using those bloody pessaries again :scared:which is the bit I hate the most out of the whole process.

Is anyone else going through or been through IVF?

xx
Bushbaby
My Diary

DaffyMan

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 6:17pm

Hi bushbaby,

Flowerpower and I were at your stage last October with ICSI. We had 8 eggs, 7 fertilised and only 2 grade 2s viable for implantation. As you may have seen they both stuck.

Your egg quantities and embryo qualities are very good - best of luck with the pessaries - you are now PUPO!

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 9:35pm

HI Girls glad that all seems to have gone well at the reviews. Bushbaby congrats at being PUPO. I had ICSI with PGD last year and as you can see we now have a lo of 11weeks. We only had one put back and that is all that it took so remain positive. Julz I'm glad that all went well and yes there is a nurse called Helen she was the one that dealt with us a lot of the time as she is in charge of PGD, she was a gem. Remember and take it easy over the next few days. Sorry to hear about you DH's sample but I hope that it was just a small blip and next time (if needed) will be better.
AFM yes I did get a lie in so not too bad. I'm so glad the flights are getting back to normal, now I can stop worrying about getting away. Adam is still thriving but had a grouchy day today but is now in bed sleeping.
Hi to eveyone I have missed.

Christine xx

Friday, April 23rd 2010, 8:07am

its the weekend!!! woohoo!!

julz, congrats on being PUPO - i know what you mean but IUI but we will just say it anyway!!

bushbaby congrats on also being PUPO

christine - when do you fly? oh a would love to go on holiday this year - i cant see it happening but god i would love it!!

have a great one ladies, i will be having a weekend of drink, hangovers and junk food!!

love to all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Confused.com

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests