You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gracie

• "Gracie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 7:54am

Losing Weight? A bit worried!

Hey all

I have a quick question please, I have been on Google and it's not being very helpful.

I am just over 6 weeks today and so far I seem to be losing weight? This seems to be all wrong to me and I am a bit worried. To be honest I don't pay an awful lot of attention to my weight but the scales said I was 9st 8lb this morning which is the lowest I've been in a long time, I've lost three or four pounds since I started tx. I know this isn't a huge amount but I am just a bit worried. I am not suffering from morning sickness and am eating normally.

It's funny really because my tummy seems to be bigger than usual! What's going on?!?!

Thanks ladies

xxxxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 8:35am

Hi Gracie, I'm sat here thinking lucky you, losing weight! I'm by no means an expert but I think it could probably be fairly easily explained - your LO is growing at an alarming rate, I think it doubles every day or two and your body is working very hard at helping it develop all it's little organs and features. This is why we become so tired in early pregnancy as it takes it out of your body. I think of it as an internal aerobic work out and you are probably losing a couple of pounds as you are using more energy, you're just not actually aware of it yet!

Perhaps somebody else has a more technical explanation but I really don't think a few pounds is anything to worry about. One of the ladies on the 1st tri thread lost 10lbs in a week due to severe sickness but her LO is fine and getting all the nutrients it needs from her body, not what she eats. If you're worried perhaps a visit to your GP would put your mind at rest?

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Gracie

What's Up?

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 1:17pm

Hey Claire

Thanks for your reply, what you say makes good sense, I am trying not to worry too much, it's bad enough just waiting for my first scan, which is only on Tuesday thankfully.

I guess it gives me a great excuse to eat a few more pies eh?! :D

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Reg: Sep 26th 2009

Children: Herts&Essex

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 10:37am

Hi Gracie

I have also lost a little bit of weight - weighed myself yesterday and I was only 9stone 4lb and I have been eating quite a bit so I was a bit surprised although rather happy that I haven't piled it on yet - plenty of time for that!!! :chortle:
Jo
IVF Sept/Oct 2009 - BFP but then chemical pregnancy :bawl:

IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - :BFP: twins bab11 bab11

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 10:50am

Hi Gracie,
It's really common for weight to go up or down in early pregnancy, and even more so for IVF.
Is it possible you haven't really had a routine recently? Any lifestyle change can affect your weight, at least it affected you in a nicer way. However, I promise your scales will be groaning under your weight very soon.
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Gracie

What's Up?

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 1:32pm

Thanks ladies!

blowkiss

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 12:36pm

hi

my mum always used to call it ' the thinnig before the fattening' most women tends to lose a little bit in early weeks but it does all come back and then some. enjoy!

good luck with scan :happy:

xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

sadie

Star

Reg: Feb 10th 2009

Children: One on the way!!

Friday, March 19th 2010, 9:48am

Hi hun

Claire is absolute right a baby can take all your nutrients at an alarming rate. Your body is not used to being pregnant and Bunty always tells me that a baby acts like a parasite as they feast on your uterus. A few pounds either well is completely normal. It's only really in the second/third trimester you actually put onloads of weight, and remember every woman is different too. I am suffering from extreme exhaustion at the mo and all i want to do is sleep so my baby is taking away all my energy. Hope this has reassured you. xxx

Clomid - 6 months - all BFN , one blocked tube and hormonal problems

IVF- Feb 2010 - :BFP: bab21

Reg: Dec 21st 2008

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 12:49pm

Hi Gracie -

I have actually now lost 12lbs since becomming pregnant through IVF. I have always been on the larger side and would normally love the fact that I was losing weight. I have brought it up with my midwife at each visit and she is not in the slightest bit worried - the baby is growing perfectly normally and is the correct size so she said it could just be my body levelling out after all the IVF medication. I am still very worried as I thought I should at least be putting a little weight on by now - but I keep getting reasurred that everything is fine. I'm sure our bodies will make up for it in the latter months.

Take care, congratulations, and enjoy your pregnancy.

W x