You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Deidre" started this thread

Reg: Nov 3rd 2008

Children: Mum to Cody Charles

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 8:55pm

When can you wean w/o using formula

Just wondering, anyone know the approximate time when its safe to stop breastfeeding and switch to solids without having to use formula? Not thinking of stopping breastfeeding any time very soon as Cody's only 7 months but interested as we want to start trying for our next child (via FET) as soon as reasonably possible but I'd rather just wean when hes at a stage where no formula is necessary and give him til at least then BF if that makes sense.
IVF/ISCI Nov08 BFP Cody born 8/09
FET-Oct & Dec10 BFN
IVF/ICSIJun11 BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Deidre" (Mar 21st 2010, 8:56pm)

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 8:56pm

Is it not a year? You can then give cows milk.
I think at a year they are eating what you eat and on three meals plus snacks a day

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 9:02pm

Pammy is right, it's a year old when you can give them cows milk as a drink.

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 8:15am

You can add cows milk to food from 6 months Diedre eg: mixing with mashed potato, in cheese sauce etc... but it shouldn't be your LO's main drink until he is a year old.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE