You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sammysue" started this thread

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 10:58am

Best Baby Led Weaning book?

Hi DS is nearly 5 mths (already) so i though i should start getting myself ready for weaning at 6mths, can anyone recommend a good "Baby Led Weaning" book? The sort that gives you easy recipes, tips and practical advise in a reference form instead of a honking great big read :D
xx

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 11:02am

The best BLW book I've found is by Gill Rapley and called 'Baby Led Weaning' (funnily enough). Its easy to dip in and out of and is great for giving you confidence about doing it esp if you're likely to worry about choking, gagging, how much they're eating etc.

I have a couple of recipe books that are quite good as well - 'Finger food for babies and toddlers' by Jennie Maizels and Annabel Karmel's 'Top 100 finger foods' (although she does tend to over complicate things as seems to be her way! )

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bubble" (Apr 28th 2010, 11:04am)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 11:11am

I second Bubbs on that first recommendation.

I find it a bit irritating that Annabel Karmel harps on about home made fresh food then launches a range of children's ready meals.

Jessica

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 3:40pm

You might find this website (blog) and forum (shhhhh! :shush: ) useful too.

http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/
http://www.babyledweaning.com/forum/

Sites not endorsed by FZ.
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: 2!

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 9:43pm

Hi
Yes I found the forums that Jessica mentioned really useful. I looked at some of the recipes that Annabel Karnell has in her website for inspiration. I've also just been adjusting some tried and tested 'normal' recipes which we've used before or have in our usual cook books. Just not adding salt, using baby stock cubes. Took a month or so to find my feet on meal planning but this was also because E was also finding his feet on eating and appetite.
Good luck
Jen
3 M/C
dx tubal and endo
IVf Nov '08 - BFP!
DS1 08/09!
Failed FET Nov '10
IVF March '11 cancelled
IVF/ISCI July '11 - BFP
DS2 April 2012
FETOct 201