You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "BraveGirl" started this thread

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 6:33pm

My chicago test results

Well I cannot believe it - we had our bloods taken on 17 May and the clinic rang me today with my results!

The upshot is that we have a DQ alpha match, the abbeviated version that I could get over the phone are as follows:

DQ Alpha match - 0301

TNF 1 - 33.7 (normal range no higher than 30)

NK cells CD3 - 85.8 (normal no higher than 85)
CD16 - 14.5 (normal no higher than 10)
CD56 - normal

So basically we have the DQ alpha match which is likely to have caused the miscarriage and also the failed IVFs I think. I am going to get intralipids for this and I think maybe some steroids but am waiting to get the full protocol.

Anyone have any views on what to think of these results?

thanks BG x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 6:49pm

Really pleased you've got your results back. Your interpretation would exactly match with mine. It's really hard to say what has caused what, but my gut reaction is that neither the TNF abnormality or the NK cell levels are that abnormal. Almost everyone I know at ARGC ended up having successful pregnancies with TNF levels higher than that, even after Humira.

The DQ alpha I don't know as much about but from what I do know it seems like a more likely cause of your previous issues.

Have CARE suggested any pre tx with intralipids or steroids, or just to start a cycle asap and tx during the cycle??

So so pleased you've got results back with some answers in them! :happy:

BraveGirl

Superstar

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 7:03pm

thanks for replying ruthie. they have said we can go straight into the cycle which would start sunday!! not sure I feel ready but I will be on tablets for 2.5 weeks anyway so that means I wont be injecting for a while I guess. just feel scared as its new.
My Diary

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 7:14pm

Good to see you got the results back so quickly.

Your killer cells seeom to be only slightly raised at 14 - in fact my clinic say that below 15 is acceptable. About the DQ match. To my memory, thats exactly what Bunty had, I'm sure she wouldn't mind giving you info on it?

BraveGirl

Superstar

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 7:36pm

I have already spoken to Bunty and am meeting up with her sunday (was already arranged) and she was really helpful.

I need my Beers book but my mum has it! I will get it from her tomorrow. Just feel freaked as I dont have the full panel of results to look at nor the full protocol. Will need to do some more digging tomorrow about it all I think.
My Diary

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Children: my fur baby shawnee and my beautiful daughter C born Dec 2010

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 7:59pm

Hi BG

Your results look to be better than mine were hun :D i can't remember my numbers now but my NK cells were pretty high and my TNF was over 50 and we also have a DQ Alpha match (i think its 0201) along with MTHFR and PAI gene mutations ?(

Good luck hun xfingers
TTC for 7 years (MFI and Immune problems)
6 ICSI's so far all BFN
Cycle with Immune treatment in Nottingham - :BFP:

Ellie's PG Diary

BraveGirl

Superstar

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 11:08am

thanks ellie!!!!! and LOOK you are pregant with all those issues so there is a chance for us too xx
My Diary

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 1:44pm

Hi ladies, albeit I am clutching for straws and answers given BFN first ICSI. How do I go about asking for immunology testing? Is it expensive? I just don't want to get several attempts in and no one be asking these questions?

Thank you xx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 3:07pm

Pheobe, I'm going to lecture you now!

It is too early to say that this is BFN. Look at your ticker, you aren't at OTD yet. I know how devastated you feel right now. I have been there and I totally understand your desire to change things. However, you need to stay positive and pray that you'll get a different result on Saturday.

If and I say IF, you don't have good news on Saturday then it may be time to look at other options, however I feel that unless there is another indication for immune testing, I wouldn't go down that route now. Even at the best clinics success rates for ICSI are about 60% and those clinics are few and far between. The sad fact is that it is more common for an ICSI cycle to fail, than for one to work, that's just statistics for you.

I'm really hoping and praying that things will work out for you in a couple of days.

xxxx