You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jessica

Superstar

• "Jessica" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 5:55pm

Best Cup at 10 Months?

Hi all,

I am a bit confused by all the choice available in cups - can anyone give me some sensible advice as to what I need?

Lucas has been drinking out of a doidy cup (http://www.bickiepegs.co.uk/acatalog/Bic…he_Doidy_7.html **Link not endorsed by FZ** ) since we started weaning at 6 months, and he's absolutely fine with that so when we're out he can have sips of water from my glass easily enough. However, I think it would be good to have a cup with a lid with me when we're out and about, especially in this warmer weather.

Having had a look at a few there seem to be different cups for different ages - 4+ months, 6+ months, 9+ months, etc - and these seem to be designed to train the baby from a bottle to a cup. As Lucas is OK with a cup already I don't want to give him something which is effectively a step backwards.

So, should I just get the 9+ months cup? Do I need free-flow or one with a valve? Anything else I need to consider?

Any recommendations for good out and about cups for babies who are OK with open cups already would be very gratefully received!

Thanks.
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

Michelle

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 7:23pm

Can he manage ok with a straw? If so, maybe one of the tommee tippee straw cups would suit you? They do say that they are suitable from 12 months but if he can sip well from a cup then it might be a good option to go for. They are quite heavy to hold though, so that might prove to be a problem. There might be some lighter straw cups on the market.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 7:30pm

We use the basic tommee tippee lidded beaker. The spout shuts down, making it 'spill proof' when in your bag etc! As Lucas drinks well from a cup already, it maybe you could use it with the lid for transporting. The lid goes on/off easily (not like some other beakers, where I've had to employ some brute force!!), and has a handle either side, so he could then drink from an open cup, much like hs is used to? These cups are also pretty cheap, around £1-£1.50, so a reasonable option, and if you don't get on with it, you've not spent alot on it!

xxx

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 7:38pm

Hi Jessica

I wrote the same recommendation as Compley,for some reason it didn't post.We def found them the best cups.

xxxx

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 9:05pm

J is only 6 months but didn't get on with any of the weaning ones and we ended up with a lidded sippy cup from Tesco (£1.68 I think). Doesn't leak too badly if dropped and not much sucking required.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Jessica

Superstar

• "Jessica" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Monday, June 7th 2010, 9:18am

Thanks everyone, that's all really helpful. We don't have a Tesco that close to us, so I think I will give the Tommee Tippee basic cup a go. I've seen them in the shops here so know they're available and as you said they're nice and cheap!

blowkiss
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE