You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Knighty" started this thread

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Monday, June 14th 2010, 9:27am

Weaning onto Cow's milk ...??

hello ladies,

DD is 1 on Thursday and we are going abroad in a couple of weeks and I am trying to get her onto cow's milk ready for holiday... so far I have just been giving her 3 or 4 oz's of cows milk in a botlle a day and her other feeds have been formula. She has cows' milk with her weetabix or porridge and has no problem, however she is not keen on drinking it on its own.

I just wondered what her daily milk intake should be at this age... She currently has 4 oz's about 9.30am to go back to sleep with, 4 oz's about 2pm and 8oz at bedtime, is this too much or too little??

thanks xx

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, June 14th 2010, 11:05am

In my day :snigger: (only five years ago) it was a pint of milk per day to include milk drinks, yoghurt, porridge, cheese sauces, cheese cereal etc....

Why not use the transition to cows milk as a transition to drinking out of a cup too? It may be that she's used to the flavour of formula from a bottle and it may be easier for her to accept the new taste from a different receptacle like a cup with a spout.

JOEED

Star

United Kingdom

Reg: May 28th 2008

Children: 1 IVF ICSI

Tuesday, June 29th 2010, 8:19pm

Hiya Knightly car nt believe they are 1 already how it has flown !!!

I ve been mixing formula with cows milk for a few weeks & gradually made it more cows milk than formula & it has seemed to have worked. He has had his 1st full cow s milk bottle tonight & its all gone !!!. I also agreeing with Bell s about the cup he has his morning feed in a cup now but still the bottle at night (still need to work on that one !!!)

x x x

ME 36, DP 46
1st IVF Cycle (ICSI) MAY 08
EC MAY 08 OHSS full frozen cycle 16 frosties
1st FET 16 Oct 08 2 Embies's 11 frosties left
1 little boy born 26/06/2009

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests