You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ginger74

Superstar

• "Ginger74" started this thread
  • Germany

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Children: It's a girl!

Monday, June 21st 2010, 11:54am

Baby acne

Very unfortunately DD has got baby acne, one cheek is worse than another. I think the whole thing became worse when she started teething but I can be wrong.

Accordingly to doctor here/German: it's nothing to worry, "baby's hormones changes and this is why" (mmmm baby hormones?)

Accordingly to Internet: "Patience is usually the best course of action. Your baby's acne doesn't bother him in the least, so try not to let it bother you, either."
"For some time, experts have pointed to the hormones babies receive from their mother at the end of pregnancy as a cause of baby acne. But researchers continue to study other factors and have yet to agree on one culprit. If you take certain medications while nursing, for example, or if your baby takes certain medications, they might trigger baby acne." - I did not!

Anyway, it doesn't seem it bothers DD at all but they are not very eye pleasing :sadface: .
Did you child have this? How quickly it went away? Did you do anything? Should I do anything/worry?
Thank you so much in advance.

Feb 09 God's Miracle - Natural BFP.
Sept 09 Thanks to God - Scrumptious baby girl is here. Please grow healthy and happy.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ginger74" (Jun 21st 2010, 11:55am)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, June 21st 2010, 1:59pm

My youngest had terrible skin. Her cheeks and forehead were all red and blotchy with white heads on the spots, she had a large purple birthmark in the centre of her forehead and she was almost permanently scrunching up her face. People would come over to look in her pram and then look shocked and quickly say "oh ummm, she's beautiful.... 8| "

I was advised to put some aqueous cream on but I can't say that it really did much. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but her spots coincided with using Johnsons baby bath products. I can't tell you how long it took to clear up but it felt like forever at the time. It's not particularly aesthetically pleasing I know.... but it'll soon be gone and forgotten about.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, June 21st 2010, 2:51pm

Both my girls had this. I was under the impression it was related to my hormones hanging about in their system. Anyway it passed in a matter of weeks without causing either of them a moments bother. I would say if its still there in a few weeks or it changes or starts bothering her, then speak to your HV. Mine were still the most beautiful babies in the world and anyone who thought otherwise was obviously delusional!

Aqueous cream has long been recommended as a skin moisturiser, however this advice is incorrect, its a soap substitute and should be used to wash then rinsed off. If left on the skin it can cause irritation.

ETS: I remembered you aren't in the UK, ask your doctor not your HV!

Ginger74

Superstar

• Germany

Monday, June 21st 2010, 4:21pm

Thank you ladies very much. Very much appreciated, well I would say she has it for couple of months already (again both doc and internet says it can be for a while), it doesn't bother her thanks to God and it's not so bad and of course she is also very beautiful baby (ah Bells, this was hillarious, put big smile on my face: "People would come over to look in her pram and then look shocked and quickly say "oh ummm, she's beautiful.... " rotf ) but I would be so happy if she didn't have it. Yes I also read it is connected to mother's hormones (some important ones which protects baby's lungs but can give this effect, ah... who knows...) Okay will keep eye on it and maybe will ask doc again.

Sept 09 Thanks to God - Scrumptious baby girl is here. Please grow healthy and happy.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 9:52pm

J had it from when he was born until he was about 3 months old. It would go away in one area and then crop up in another and continued to prowl round his body until it eventually peetered out, he still gets the odd spot now and again thoug. My MW said that in addition to the hormone thing babies can get it if you are having work done on your house or live in an area where work is being done as the dust created usually has bacteria in it and this reacts on the babies skin (as their immune system is still developing unlike ours) and can cause the spots. In J's case we were having work done on the house and it disapeared shortly after it was finished!

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Ginger74

Superstar

• Germany

Monday, June 28th 2010, 3:46pm

hm................ no we do not have any works around and DD is already 9 months and still has it (she has just a few spots when she was tiny, now it's worse, not so bad but worse) on her cheeks only, I think I may have to see doc again, even I don't think she will be able to advise anything really. Will keep you informed, thank you ladies.